Mafia Scum
Mitillos
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #525 (ISO) » Sun Apr 09, 2023 6:41 am

Post by Mitillos »

@DV: I think we are at Dessew 4, Mala 2, Bri 2, Drew 1, with Kop not voting.

@Dessew: Of course it's nomnomnom on you. You've done zero townie things and any number of scummy things both yesterday and today. No, I didn't hammer Enchant, because they had not claimed at that time and because I thought you were a better elimination, as I wasn't scumreading Enchant. If we got closer to deadline, I'd hammer to avoid ending the day without an elimination, but that's neither here nor there.

You say I refuse to consider the fact that Enchant moved their vote to me. I already have considered it. From what I can tell, there was no deep meaning to it, other than going for the largest wagon that wasn't on scum. I have already said as much, so I'm not sure what more one would need here.

@Kop: you're still not engaging with the fact that the second shot would be on N3, so there is no difference from scum's POV between killing T3 on N1 and killing him on N2.
You don't have ambiguity; you have
options
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #526 (ISO) » Sun Apr 09, 2023 6:50 am

Post by Malakittens »

Fine then I won't even bother fucking trying.
I'm trying to eliminate pool by voting.

I'll go back to lurking.
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.
And maybe, just maybe, that'll take you right where you were supposed to be.

Get to know a Mala~Grey<3 4.7.2015
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Sun Apr 09, 2023 8:15 am

Post by DeasVail »

In post 519, bristep123 wrote:
In post 502, DeasVail wrote: and apart from Dessew there’s no one else who I think is thaaat likely to be scum
In post 518, DeasVail wrote: I intend to vote for bristep, but will wait for a vote count
That was quick, because I have been on Dess’s wagon since D1 apart from a wobble at the start of today. So you’re now saying that either Dess is town, or somehow we’re buddies despite my activity towards them?
Your recent posting changed my mind
bristep123
bristep123
Goon
bristep123
Goon
Goon

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Sun Apr 09, 2023 8:31 am

Post by bristep123 »

I didn’t ask your reasoning because clearly my activity was what changed your mind, either current or historic - I would like some comment on my questions though. Are you now saying that you read Dess as town?
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Sun Apr 09, 2023 9:28 am

Post by DeasVail »

In post 528, bristep123 wrote: I didn’t ask your reasoning because clearly my activity was what changed your mind, either current or historic - I would like some comment on my questions though. Are you now saying that you read Dess as town?
I haven’t devoted full thought to the viability of you and Dessew being scum together, but the reason for me expressing my intention to vote you is that I think you’re less likely to be town than Dessew.

Will post more on this later today.
Tchill13
Tchill13
Survivor
Tchill13
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Sun Apr 09, 2023 9:40 am

Post by Tchill13 »

In post 526, Malakittens wrote: Fine then I won't even bother fucking trying.

I'll go back to lurking.
hey umm... how about you keep trying lol. Obviously im gonna sus you sussing me.
Dessew
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Sun Apr 09, 2023 10:22 am

Post by Dessew »

In post 529, DeasVail wrote:
In post 528, bristep123 wrote: I didn’t ask your reasoning because clearly my activity was what changed your mind, either current or historic - I would like some comment on my questions though. Are you now saying that you read Dess as town?
I haven’t devoted full thought to the viability of you and Dessew being scum together, but the reason for me expressing my intention to vote you is that I think you’re less likely to be town than Dessew.

If you think bristep is more likely to be mafia than me, then you also mathematically must think that there's a possibility that bristep is mafia and I'm town. What would scum!bristep's motivation be for defending me at the start of D2 then, when there wasn't even a wagon on me?
bristep123
bristep123
Goon
bristep123
Goon
Goon

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Sun Apr 09, 2023 10:56 am

Post by bristep123 »

Not defending, thinking out loud. Only the Sith deal in absolutes.
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Sun Apr 09, 2023 4:01 pm

Post by T3 »

In post 526, Malakittens wrote: Fine then I won't even bother fucking trying.

I'll go back to lurking.
my point was that it didn't even seem like your post was trying to make any meaningful analysis in the first place
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea
Shea
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Sun Apr 09, 2023 4:13 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

VoteCount 2.2

Dessew [ 4 ]
Mitillos, Tchill13, Malakittens, Bristep123
Malakittens [ 2 ]
DeasVail, T3
bristep123 [ 2 ]
RedFF, Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew [ 1 ]
Dessew

Not Voting [ 1 ]

Kop

With 10 alive it takes 6 votes to be executed.

Countdown to deadline: (expired on 2023-04-15 14:45:31)
tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Sun Apr 09, 2023 11:35 pm

Post by DeasVail »

In post 531, Dessew wrote:
In post 529, DeasVail wrote:

If you think bristep is more likely to be mafia than me, then you also mathematically must think that there's a possibility that bristep is mafia and I'm town. What would scum!bristep's motivation be for defending me at the start of D2 then, when there wasn't even a wagon on me?
Okay so I looked back at this because I didn't remember bristep defending you, and from my perspective.. they didn't really? I think the most correct interpretation is that they expressed doubt about their scumread of you, with the caveat that they are rusty, and then proceeded to vote for you anyway.

And then that makes me think that maybe you are defending bristep in order to draw the "but why would Dessew as scum defend bristep-town here?" reasoning, because you think it is something that people should read as town.

(Or you're just scum together which remains possible imo)
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Sun Apr 09, 2023 11:55 pm

Post by DeasVail »

Regarding Bristep:

What renewed my suspicion of them was that the way that they talk about what they would/would not do as scum... feels very confident for someone who is also using the fact that they haven't played a game in ages and are rusty to explain away suspicion on them. is a fairly detailed speculation on what Bristep would be thinking as mafia, but how do they even know what they would be thinking as mafia if they are so rusty from not having played a game in 5-10 years, as they claim in ? This also kind of applies to where bristep implies that their "activity towards" Dessew would not occur if they were buddies. Again, how does someone who says they're struggling due to be rusty know how they would be acting/not acting as scum?
I don't think Bristep is lying about being rusty, just using it to explain away suspicion of them more than they would as town, and I think that the theorising on what they would/wouldn't do as scum is because they are actually scum and have thus put thought into this.

was also a weird post that set off alarm bells for me because they spend more time arguing against the townread on themselves than the townread on me, plus the approach to Dessew here is strange because it doesn't seem to be coming from a place of thinking that Dessew's inappropriate townreads on Bristep/me is scum whiteknighting (despite Dessew being a prime suspect of Bristep's). I would expect Bristep as town suspecting Dessew in that position to see this as Dessew trying to pocket them, but instead it's like Bristep is just arguing the logic of the townread and that's it. ---> I think this is something that scum will do for the "but why would I argue against a townread on me as scum?" argument.

VOTE: bristep123
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Sun Apr 09, 2023 11:57 pm

Post by DeasVail »

All that said, Dessew could very much still be scum and I don't have confident-enough reasons to townread them to campaign against that wagon, I just prefer Bristep for scum.
bristep123
bristep123
Goon
bristep123
Goon
Goon

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Mon Apr 10, 2023 1:49 am

Post by bristep123 »

Fair points, and I know that my claim of game rust is going to be contentious if you suspect me, which you do. That’s not something I can prove, it will be proven though in the end.

And I did think that Dess was trying to sway us by claiming a town read based on mechanics but I left it vague to try and draw some more rationale out of them for the point they were making - more content means more evidence for people to consider.

My only explanation for theorising on what I would do had I had the choice the scum did n1 is that I am confident I would over think things because I do in general in pvp turn based games, I play Warhammer weekly and it’s my biggest weakness.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea
Shea

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Mon Apr 10, 2023 4:13 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

Doctor Drew Redff and Kop have been prodded.
tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Mon Apr 10, 2023 4:16 am

Post by T3 »

I think the bristep flip is fairly low-info and I think Mala has been scummier
Tchill13
Tchill13
Survivor
Tchill13
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Mon Apr 10, 2023 4:28 am

Post by Tchill13 »

Why is there so much hesitancy regarding dess? Seems like everyone is getting thrown at as scum my as we get close to a dess vote out.
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Mon Apr 10, 2023 4:53 am

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 540, T3 wrote: I think the bristep flip is fairly low-info and I think Mala has been scummier

As I said, not opposed to Mala, just feel there is a better chance in scum between bri and Dessew.
In post 541, Tchill13 wrote: Why is there so much hesitancy regarding dess? Seems like everyone is getting thrown at as scum my as we get close to a dess vote out.
No real hesitancy here, you don't think bri is scum though?
'dREW DID IT BETTER' - T-Bone
'doctor drew our hero' - Shiki
'I love playing with him, he's got an amazing presence to him that just feels like the game is lacking something when he's not there' - JacksonVirgo
Tchill13
Tchill13
Survivor
Tchill13
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Mon Apr 10, 2023 4:58 am

Post by Tchill13 »

I mean I think dess is way more likely than bri.
redFF
redFF
Mafia Scum
redFF
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Mon Apr 10, 2023 5:56 am

Post by redFF »

Hello. I got prodded.

Im treating t3 as conf town. I checked normal guidelines and couldnt find anything that would result in a second kill except for a vig. I saw mala called t3 "probable town" but im pretty sure hes confirmed. If anyone has any reason he might not be confirmed that im not seeing...
Kop
Kop
Mafia Scum
Kop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #545 (ISO) » Mon Apr 10, 2023 6:06 am

Post by Kop »

In post 525, Mitillos wrote: @Kop: you're still not engaging with the fact that the second shot would be on N3, so there is no difference from scum's POV between killing T3 on N1 and killing him on N2.

I understand your point that you're making, now that I've thought about it more.
You'll Never Walk Alone!
redFF
redFF
Mafia Scum
redFF
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #546 (ISO) » Mon Apr 10, 2023 6:25 am

Post by redFF »

Heres where my reads are rn

Town

T3
TChill
DV
Mittilos
Kop
Malakittens
Dessew
Doctor Drew
Bristep
Scum
Mitillos
Mitillos
He
Mafia Scum
Mitillos
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #547 (ISO) » Mon Apr 10, 2023 6:58 am

Post by Mitillos »

I mostly agree with red's reads (with him instead of me in the list, obviously), except for Dessew being all the way down (and maybe DV and red swapped? Maybe Drew and mala too?). bri, Drew, and potentially mala if absolutely necessary, are eliminations I wouldn't necessarily oppose, except in the sense that I have a clear preference for a Dessew elimination. The cases against those three don't exactly sway me, but there are question marks there.
You don't have ambiguity; you have
options
bristep123
bristep123
Goon
bristep123
Goon
Goon

Post Post #548 (ISO) » Mon Apr 10, 2023 7:01 am

Post by bristep123 »

Red I agree with your list with the exception of me obv. I would just switch Drew and Dess around.
Kop
Kop
Mafia Scum
Kop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #549 (ISO) » Mon Apr 10, 2023 8:42 am

Post by Kop »

I might be the only person that isn't really reading Bri as scum. But I could be wrong.
You'll Never Walk Alone!

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”