Ethel
Townie
Ethel
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1125 (ISO) » Tue Apr 11, 2023 12:32 am

Post by Ethel »

In post 1113, Elpis wrote:
Ethel, I want to know who makes you suspicious right now. I appreciate your vibes and I want you to be town, so I want to hear your thoughts, please
Well... I think my strongest read currently is that you're town! Not just because we're both new to this and feel the same way about lots of things (okay, maybe that's part of it), but because you do a really good job of sorting through the heap of messages and asking the question that are important to you, and giving very insightful readings. So either you're town doing your best to help - or you're very good at making it seem so, and if that's the case you deserve it. But since you asked me about suspicions... I don't have anyone I'm super confident about, but I'd say my top suspect is Gimli right now. He was the one who hammered Enchant (well, technically NM but it seems well known that NM quickhammers anything), and while I don't think that alone was scum - because someone has to end the day after all - I didn't like his reaction the next day.
In post 1016, Gimli wrote:
In post 1012, Andante wrote: my confusion is with why yall yeeted enchant, but whatever, regroup!
im a bad player idk about anyone else
In post 1025, Gimli wrote: I'm very upset that I flipped enchant and I wasn't even scumreading neither enchant nor nsg

im an idiot who sheeps weak cases ig
Maybe it could be a genuine reaction, but getting things wrong in mafia is normal and most likely happens every game, so this seems too much. It feels like this is just an excuse to not take any responsibility for the vote. And now he is townreading Andante so that if he ends up voting me and I flip town, he can just hide behind her. Speaking of - the reason that Andante voted me the first time was that I supposedly voted her while saying that I didn't scumread her, the exact same thing Gimli said, the difference being that I clarified that I didn't scumread anyone but only felt townish about some people, something which I doubt was the case for Gimli. But Andante didn't seem to mind that at all, probably because she was too busy repeating 'Ethel is scum, vote Ethel'. Andante can not possibly be sure about it, not least because I
know
that it's not true, but she seems to be following the philosophy of 'repeat a lie often enough and it becomes the truth'. And if she is town, replace lie with assumption and then she is providing the perfect cover for actual scum to hide behind. Anyways - writing this helped me think about things, but I feel like that's enough for one post.
Elpis
Elpis
Any
Goon
Elpis
Any
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1126 (ISO) » Tue Apr 11, 2023 12:46 am

Post by Elpis »

In post 1125, Ethel wrote:
In post 1113, Elpis wrote:
Ethel, I want to know who makes you suspicious right now. I appreciate your vibes and I want you to be town, so I want to hear your thoughts, please
Well... I think my strongest read currently is that you're town! Not just because we're both new to this and feel the same way about lots of things (okay, maybe that's part of it), but because you do a really good job of sorting through the heap of messages and asking the question that are important to you, and giving very insightful readings. So either you're town doing your best to help - or you're very good at making it seem so, and if that's the case you deserve it. But since you asked me about suspicions... I don't have anyone I'm super confident about, but I'd say my top suspect is Gimli right now. He was the one who hammered Enchant (well, technically NM but it seems well known that NM quickhammers anything), and while I don't think that alone was scum - because someone has to end the day after all - I didn't like his reaction the next day.
In post 1016, Gimli wrote:
In post 1012, Andante wrote: my confusion is with why yall yeeted enchant, but whatever, regroup!
im a bad player idk about anyone else
In post 1025, Gimli wrote: I'm very upset that I flipped enchant and I wasn't even scumreading neither enchant nor nsg

im an idiot who sheeps weak cases ig
Maybe it could be a genuine reaction, but getting things wrong in mafia is normal and most likely happens every game, so this seems too much. It feels like this is just an excuse to not take any responsibility for the vote. And now he is townreading Andante so that if he ends up voting me and I flip town, he can just hide behind her. Speaking of - the reason that Andante voted me the first time was that I supposedly voted her while saying that I didn't scumread her, the exact same thing Gimli said, the difference being that I clarified that I didn't scumread anyone but only felt townish about some people, something which I doubt was the case for Gimli. But Andante didn't seem to mind that at all, probably because she was too busy repeating 'Ethel is scum, vote Ethel'. Andante can not possibly be sure about it, not least because I
know
that it's not true, but she seems to be following the philosophy of 'repeat a lie often enough and it becomes the truth'. And if she is town, replace lie with assumption and then she is providing the perfect cover for actual scum to hide behind. Anyways - writing this helped me think about things, but I feel like that's enough for one post.
I appreciate the mutual respect of each other's way we go about playing and talking 💜

As for your concerns about Gimli, I think that's a solid analysis, and it has definitely will have an impact on my reads.

I also agree about Andante, this pile on you feels unwarranted and dangerous, and she's giving scum something risky to pile onto, which either makes her scum, or just a far too aggressive town, which she definitely was in our last game though, otherwise i'd find it extremely suspicious. She was town last game as well.
“When someone leaves your life, those exits are not made equal. Some are beautiful and poetic and satisfying. Others are abrupt and unfair. But most are just unremarkable, unintentional, clumsy."

- Griffin Mcelroy
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1127 (ISO) » Tue Apr 11, 2023 3:28 am

Post by Save The Dragons »

i think cephy sure looks town from what he's posted today but i'm a little wary
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #1128 (ISO) » Tue Apr 11, 2023 3:29 am

In post 1120, NorwegianboyEE wrote: Oh god i was gonna blow my nose just now and it's just a lot of blood. Will continue this later.
come on over to my house and get a tissue! It's thousands of miles away and not next door
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #1129 (ISO) » Tue Apr 11, 2023 3:31 am

here's my readslist

the bigger you are the townier you are

Brian Skies

Andante

Marquis
Not_Mafia
Gimli

Cephrir
Ethel

Elpis

Save The Dragons

NorwegianboyEE

Firebringer
Elpis
Elpis
Any
Goon
Elpis
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1130 (ISO) » Tue Apr 11, 2023 3:33 am

Post by Elpis »

In post 1129, Save The Dragons wrote: here's my readslist

Brian Skies

Andante

Marquis
Not_Mafia
Gimli

Cephrir
Ethel

Elpis

Save The Dragons

NorwegianboyEE

Firebringer
Tell me what you find to not be towny about me. I'd like to know your reasoning
“When someone leaves your life, those exits are not made equal. Some are beautiful and poetic and satisfying. Others are abrupt and unfair. But most are just unremarkable, unintentional, clumsy."

- Griffin Mcelroy
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #1131 (ISO) » Tue Apr 11, 2023 3:34 am

im mostly just wary of you and if you turn out to be mafia i can point back at this after you win the game and be like haha i was right
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Goodfellas/White Knight
Gimli
he/him
Goodfellas/White Knight
Goodfellas/White Knight
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1132 (ISO) » Tue Apr 11, 2023 3:34 am

Post by Gimli »

I kinda like ethel's post sussing me

I might flip today actually, it's too bad, but I'm not confident where to go and I feel weird about this game and will def come across as scummy
Elpis
Elpis
Any
Goon
Elpis
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1133 (ISO) » Tue Apr 11, 2023 5:01 am

Post by Elpis »

In post 1131, Save The Dragons wrote: im mostly just wary of you and if you turn out to be mafia i can point back at this after you win the game and be like haha i was right
I mean I can't blame being wary, but you seem to have me as second to most suspect, and haven't really given much reason for it. Though, genuinely you could say, "it's just a vibe" and i'd have no choice but to accept that sometimes mafia just be like that

- Griffin Mcelroy
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1134 (ISO) » Tue Apr 11, 2023 5:21 am

Post by Andante »

In post 1088, Cephrir wrote: also, for those of you who are taking neighbor as AI i have two comments
1. it's not and you're wrong for thinking like that (this is a blanket disclaimer i have to give anytime someone tries this line of reasoning)
but also
2. std and norwe are probably also neighbors so you might wanna factor that in
I think it's mostly just me, and it's like, that's not the only thing I SR about ethel, ethel was a SR of mine day 1, enchant's dying words were "ethel is maf" and I told yall I was just gonna play this similarly to day 1 in a game to get my reads right, so I have absolutely no issue throwing pressure on ethel right now to see what happens
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1135 (ISO) » Tue Apr 11, 2023 5:22 am

Post by Andante »

In post 1093, Cephrir wrote: weird there were these doglike voices in my head but now it's just me
my voice is in your head? at all hours of the day?? :) not sure if that's great... or AMAZING!!! WOOOOOOO!!
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1136 (ISO) » Tue Apr 11, 2023 5:22 am

Post by Andante »

In post 1094, Firebringer wrote: i can be the dog voice in ur head
no! I call it!!
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1137 (ISO) » Tue Apr 11, 2023 5:25 am

Post by Andante »

In post 1098, Ethel wrote: Also, in my two games so far it seems that just calling someone scum long enough gets you townread, but... why? Sure, I get that mafia probably wouldn't want to attract too much attention, but if this has been established as a reason for people to get townread then it's precisely what I'd do as mafia too.
I know you're referring to me lmao, hi I'm andante nice to meet you! no one wants to read my walls of text so I simplify it, and when I'm CONFIDENT it's just a full on tunnel tbh and I'll probably stay focussed on you as long as you keep posting like this lmao like, if you're town, just work on either showing me how you're town, or find someone else who looks like a better option, but at the moment, you're definitely looking like the best option to me right now
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1138 (ISO) » Tue Apr 11, 2023 5:26 am

Post by Andante »

it's not like I don't give reasons, I definitely do. not my fault yall ignore, thus "ETHEL MAF ETHEL MAF!!" gets the point across
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1139 (ISO) » Tue Apr 11, 2023 5:27 am

Post by Andante »

In post 1103, Elpis wrote: So we lost two power roles which obviously sucks ass, and I genuinely really wanted to see more from MT, so I'm actually pretty upset about that. I wish enchant had given a better entrance so we would've voted someone else instead of rolling more into that one.
lets be real, I don't think there's anything enchant could have done for yall to not yeet him, cause like he repped in and then that wagon just took off lol
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1140 (ISO) » Tue Apr 11, 2023 5:30 am

Post by Andante »

In post 1108, Elpis wrote:
In post 1048, Firebringer wrote: like ceph ur doing exactly what scum me would do at start of day.
act confused on the flips.
tell everyone to calm down not rush anything
and have an air of defeated about u.

U need to stop because scum u is much better than scum me. These are weak scum plays if ur scum. I know u can do better if ur scum
I am genuinely highly confident cephy is not scum, I do not think he would be so expressive of his defeat if he was scum because he'd probably not do something so expressive, and would instead try to appear proactive and contributory. That's my current thoughts at least
you're CONFIDENT ceph isn't scum? I can't recall a single past game he has played like this, idk, he was fine till d2 here, d2 I'm just like "what are you doing?" cause it feels like he's gonna use this "I feel defeated" mindset as an excuse to not do much here. I don't get your high confidence in this, especially after you were just on the enchant wagon. was that a high confidence scum read?
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1141 (ISO) » Tue Apr 11, 2023 5:33 am

Post by Andante »

In post 1109, Elpis wrote:
In post 1051, Gimli wrote: on top of like tmi'ing hard on nsg slot
Does anyone have a good expression of what TMI'ing is? I see it often but I want to understand what it means fully here/why it seems to have negative connotation.
Like, if I'm scum and I know you're town, and everyone else is SRing you, I can make up some garbage reason for "why you're town" since I'd have TMI (Too much information) like the cause on why you're town doesn't even have to be strong, you'd be like "I am town, Andante TRs me!!" and be more likely to tr me.
This almost always comes up with bad reasons people TR others, which for me right now is your Cephrir read. Cause I don't see this super obvious town!cephrir, but if you're scum, you're probably TMIing him as town - there's your actual example for this game
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1142 (ISO) » Tue Apr 11, 2023 5:35 am

Post by Andante »

In post 1113, Elpis wrote: Andante, you need to sell me on Ethel, because I just don't see it.
how about you sell me on town!ethel? cause you realize 2 other people here are voting with me, which means I might not be so crazy on this read, but I'm the only one you wanna question?
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1143 (ISO) » Tue Apr 11, 2023 5:36 am

Post by Andante »

In post 1116, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 1103, Elpis wrote: So we lost two power roles which obviously sucks ass, and I genuinely really wanted to see more from MT, so I'm actually pretty upset about that. I wish enchant had given a better entrance so we would've voted someone else instead of rolling more into that one.
PR’s are for wusses. Solve the game with pure brain energy. That’s how mafia should be played x)
brain energy for days!!!
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1144 (ISO) » Tue Apr 11, 2023 5:36 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 1140, Andante wrote:
In post 1048, Firebringer wrote: like ceph ur doing exactly what scum me would do at start of day.

U need to stop because scum u is much better than scum me. These are weak scum plays if ur scum. I know u can do better if ur scum
I am genuinely highly confident cephy is not scum, I do not think he would be so expressive of his defeat if he was scum because he'd probably not do something so expressive, and would instead try to appear proactive and contributory. That's my current thoughts at least
you're CONFIDENT ceph isn't scum? I can't recall a single past game he has played like this, idk, he was fine till d2 here, d2 I'm just like "what are you doing?" cause it feels like he's gonna use this "I feel defeated" mindset as an excuse to not do much here. I don't get your high confidence in this, especially after you were just on the enchant wagon. was that a high confidence scum read?
you say this but i feel like i just got over it and did plenty so how am i using it as an excuse to not do anything

also if you think im acting differently isnt that like... a good thing given that im always scum
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1145 (ISO) » Tue Apr 11, 2023 5:37 am

Post by Andante »

In post 1118, NorwegianboyEE wrote: I of course, don’t know much about neighbours
well, they tend to be the people who live next to you, and if you need someone to watch your dog for a day, they're a good option to ask!!
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1146 (ISO) » Tue Apr 11, 2023 5:38 am

Post by Cephrir »

i liked ethel's post on this page too and i feel strongly that someone is fooling me/us so im less interested in going there than ever i think

or im her partner if you want. god i hope she never flips scum ill die so fast
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1147 (ISO) » Tue Apr 11, 2023 5:42 am

Post by Andante »

In post 1129, Save The Dragons wrote: here's my readslist

Brian Skies

Andante

Marquis
Not_Mafia
Gimli

Cephrir
Ethel

Elpis

Save The Dragons

NorwegianboyEE

Firebringer
I am BIG!!!
Elpis
Elpis
Any
Goon
Elpis
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1148 (ISO) » Tue Apr 11, 2023 5:43 am

Post by Elpis »

In post 1141, Andante wrote:
In post 1109, Elpis wrote:
In post 1051, Gimli wrote: on top of like tmi'ing hard on nsg slot
Does anyone have a good expression of what TMI'ing is? I see it often but I want to understand what it means fully here/why it seems to have negative connotation.
Like, if I'm scum and I know you're town, and everyone else is SRing you, I can make up some garbage reason for "why you're town" since I'd have TMI (Too much information) like the cause on why you're town doesn't even have to be strong, you'd be like "I am town, Andante TRs me!!" and be more likely to tr me.
This almost always comes up with bad reasons people TR others, which for me right now is your Cephrir read. Cause I don't see this super obvious town!cephrir, but if you're scum, you're probably TMIing him as town - there's your actual example for this game
Oh I see! Okay, that makes sense, thank you for explaining.

As for the Cephy read, I just know them well and maybe feel a little overconfident in my ability to gauge their actions. I could be way off, but i'm confident that i'm not.

- Griffin Mcelroy
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1149 (ISO) » Tue Apr 11, 2023 5:45 am

Post by Andante »

In post 1144, Cephrir wrote:
In post 1140, Andante wrote:

you say this but i feel like i just got over it and did plenty so how am i using it as an excuse to not do anything

also if you think im acting differently isnt that like... a good thing given that im always scum
lol yeah I was like, I need to look back and see what you were cause I'm always town, I rarely remember scum teams I'm not on XD

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”