Goon
Elpis
Any
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1328 (ISO) » Wed Apr 12, 2023 1:56 pm

Post by Elpis »

Starting my full ISO post here, because I need to create a hard and fast understanding for myself, as well as make my thoughts known to others, since generally they aren't ideal at the moment, and as multiple folks have said so far, we do kind of lack direction too.

Brian_Skies
:Expressed a lot of interest in hammering day 1, though later made conscious efforts not to bring BPP into hammer range for NM. Essentially did nothing but express desire scum intent against BPP, and Enchant. Day 2, immediately moved to sheeping with an Ethel vote, and then commented lightly on scum pools. I don't love the light touch and go playstyle, but I don't know that anything about this screams scum. They said themself that they floated around
null
, and they absolutely are for me.

Firebringer
: Showed great effort in being friendly, playful, and high energy, immediately seeming to make efforts to buddy a majority of the game. I can't fault this because it's fun, and they're a very cute personality, so for the sake of wanting to respect and admire that, I won't see it as relevant to their role. They claimed vigilante which I assume was a joke. Made what I feel is a good play to analyze NSG, and then we all know what went following. I think in FB's position, I also would've retreated a little to try and be respectful, so if nothing else, this analysis makes me want to be friends with them. As I continue, I feel like they're definitively trying to make reads and express their confidence on them, despite the playful posting surrounding those. I feel pretty confidently that they're town, though I would find it cute if they were scum, namely because of posts such as " can I be scum as a treat". Their very casual demeanor would work pretty well for either scum, or town, but I think if they are scum I'd give it a lot of respect. Their manner of posting is a lot of friendly banter, and then like, a single good analysis, enough to make people go, "ah, yeah they're contributing", then back to messing about. It's effective, and I really enjoy it, regardless of their alignment. As Day 2 came around, their posts have ended up actually exceptionally contributory, and I have decided I will continue to see them as
Town
. I also want to add about the monotone comment. In normal conversation I tend to be very dumbass energy and friendly and caring a lot, and I think when I actually **try** to do well, I tend to shift closer to a very flat state of mind, because I'm just trying to think really hard and focus. I believe that I also shut down emotionally a little when I disagree with someone, and a lot of this game is of course based around doing that.

Cephrir
: I'll start this analysis by expressing that Cephy is one of my best friends in the world, so if I jump on assumptions, that's because I feel pretty confident about how he percieves the world. I think the whole everything with NSG made it hard for him to interact with the game in ways that were NOT her, and probably threw off his posting for a while, but he did come to Fire's defense with it which I found cute. When he used terms of calling the actions of some others "strange" and not "suspicious" or "scummy", it made me feel as though he were taking his time to analyze as opposed to actually intending to spark a vote on someone he knew to be "town" to his "scum". His 701 on BPP was good, it felt like it came from town. The D2 sorrow felt genuine, and they led out of it into asking questions and trying to pick back up, which is natural I think. I'm interested in his take about StD and Norwe being neighbors, and I want to know why he thinks so. I also agree that Andante's push on him over the original tragedy-mourning was a little unfounded. Regardless, after doing this full ISO and contemplating, I still am steadfast that Cephy is
Town
, though I would be proud of him if he pulled one over on me with that.

Gimli
: Since the very starting point Gimli has been very reactionary and townreading most takes that people have, but as Day 2 has come around, his posts (aside from the ethel scumread) have felt pretty agreeable, and I do think he's either a town that doesn't want to put a lot of effort into trying to analyze deep, or a scum that is coasting on malleable reads to get by. Either way, I do enjoy his posts, and I want to believe he's towny. Gonna go with
Null-Town
for this one.

NorwegianboyEE
: Totally agree with what has been mentioned, they're likely a neighborhood. They posted a lot of...vibes? Feelings about the current climate, while doing very little to impact it at all. They feel to me so far (at least day 1) like scumlurking, but I'll see how I feel as I continue. However, they seem to be actually creating a cohesive readlist to themself, just maybe not posting it. Their post about MT being killed for their reads seems pretty valid to have come from town, especially considering MT listed them as a potential scum, so just making that post alone would throw suspicion on them, which would be bad to make as scum, I think. Maybe they're townier than I originally thought. Going with
Null-Town
for the moment here as well.

Andante
: I'll start by saying I feel conflicted about Andante because she seems to always come in and just be incredibly rowdy and powerwolfy, even if she isn't. If not for my experience last game with her, I would immediately call her scum here. However, last game she did this exact thing as town, so like...that makes it tricky. I hate her push on Ethel, because it just doesn't feel founded to me, and I TR Ethel pretty significantly. I also struggle to read her posts just in general, because sometimes it feels like just about anything said can/will be twisted somehow, so this is probably gonna be one of my weakest reads. However, some of her lapses in confidence occasionally make me feel like this could be different from last game? I'm conflicted, and that conflict is landing Andante squarely in
Null
for the moment.

Save The Dragons
: One of the smaller post totals of anyone in the game thus far, but folks have expressed that's just his playstyle. Definitely Norwe neighbors. Very short posts, very little information being shared, little to no reason behind any thoughts being shared at all. There's basically no analysis or information to get from him at all, and I think this just feels like some sort of scumlurking. I do not like the void of confusion about this slot, and my nervous feelings about it make me feel like it's
Null-Scum

Not_Mafia
: Ok this is like nothing to go on, NM is definitely incredibly not-participatory here. Some of their only posts that gave information were flatly expressing that the two people we've eliminated so far were town, which they were. Is it even possible for this slot to not be
Scum
? It feels a little silly.

Ethel
: Also small post totals, but a lot of very good posts lately, which I expect will continue. Her posts are very expressive of an individual trying to gather information, and express it genuinely, which I admire heavily. Their criticisms of a lot of baseline Mafia thoughts as well is something I really enjoy too. Despite being new, and surrounded by professional players, I find their demeanor to be very fitting, and I feel that they're
Town
. However, I will admit that I have a lot of emotional attachment to this decision, and I would admit that I am a bit pocketed.
“When someone leaves your life, those exits are not made equal. Some are beautiful and poetic and satisfying. Others are abrupt and unfair. But most are just unremarkable, unintentional, clumsy."

- Griffin Mcelroy
Elpis
Elpis
Any
Goon
Elpis
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1329 (ISO) » Wed Apr 12, 2023 1:57 pm

Post by Elpis »

oh shit I forgot Marquis because they've been quiet, 1s
“When someone leaves your life, those exits are not made equal. Some are beautiful and poetic and satisfying. Others are abrupt and unfair. But most are just unremarkable, unintentional, clumsy."

- Griffin Mcelroy
Elpis
Elpis
Any
Goon
Elpis
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1330 (ISO) » Wed Apr 12, 2023 2:04 pm

Post by Elpis »

Marquis
: They have a very fun personality and came off very towny for a lot of the first day, I think if they post more and keep actively trying to analyze and participate I'll be happy. For the moment, I think they're
Null-Town
, primarily due to demeanor and a seemingly invested nature towards a lot of individuals.

- Griffin Mcelroy
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1331 (ISO) » Wed Apr 12, 2023 2:07 pm

Post by Save The Dragons »

VOTE: elpis
Elpis
Elpis
Any
Goon
Elpis
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1332 (ISO) » Wed Apr 12, 2023 2:09 pm

Post by Elpis »

In post 1331, Save The Dragons wrote: VOTE: elpis
Can I have a little rationale? As a treat?

- Griffin Mcelroy
Elpis
Elpis
Any
Goon
Elpis
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1333 (ISO) » Wed Apr 12, 2023 2:10 pm

Post by Elpis »

oh also VOTE: Not_Mafia

- Griffin Mcelroy
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #1334 (ISO) » Wed Apr 12, 2023 2:14 pm

Post by Firebringer »

In post 1328, Elpis wrote: Gimli: Since the very starting point Gimli has been very reactionary and townreading most takes that people have, but as Day 2 has come around, his posts (aside from the ethel scumread) have felt pretty agreeable, and I do think he's either a town that doesn't want to put a lot of effort into trying to analyze deep, or a scum that is coasting on malleable reads to get by. Either way, I do enjoy his posts, and I want to believe he's towny. Gonna go with Null-Town for this one.
i want to fight u on this one. I am not so sure on agreeable today, yesterday yes. I think glimli performance today has been...spicy and ive had a lot of thoughts on it and its been making me think scum.

I feel like day 1 glimli played to the idea of get on the side of the loud voices in the town, and this day he seems to want to either break up the town or encourage paranoia and might even be slightly encouraging apathy. I can see it being town in some ways but this seems like scum trying to break up a town block going.

I guess argument against this is if glimli scum why wouldn't he just continue day 1 actions today to keep himself floating. I still go back into thinking that his pushing me to think norwee/brian are town are break us up from voting rather than actual worry of me being pocketed. Cause it doesn't feel like town!glimli here should be that worried this soon about me being completely taken by them, especially since i think my takes haven't been influenced by them. Where he seems to think they are or i am wrong?

Idk i go into weird tangeants on my glimli take cause i just don't feel he is sorting me here but still calling me sus or scummy possibly. Its a lot of weird both confidence in me being wrong, at same time he called this a lost game just a bit ago, and not being confident on me it seems?

ALL TO SAY I FIND GLIMLI BIG SUS
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #1335 (ISO) » Wed Apr 12, 2023 2:17 pm

Post by Firebringer »

StD do you want to spend sometime arguing over ur raccoon takes.
I want to really get into ur head on how ur reading ceph
Show
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1336 (ISO) » Wed Apr 12, 2023 2:17 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

I'm reconsidering my Elpis scumread. That reads list feels genuine to me.

I wonder if we can POE out scum-NM.
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #1337 (ISO) » Wed Apr 12, 2023 2:19 pm

Post by Firebringer »

i don't think that reads list was really hard to fake as scum tbh
Show

Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1338 (ISO) » Wed Apr 12, 2023 2:20 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

You think so?
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #1339 (ISO) » Wed Apr 12, 2023 2:22 pm

Post by Firebringer »

i mean i don't want to insult elpis, but half of his analysis was hedging and another half seemed to be just general observations on player behavior that almost any observer of players could do. Like it more read to me that Elpis was making observations of player actions from perspective of personality than actually sorting out the mindset as much i guess?
Show

Elpis
Elpis
Any
Goon
Elpis
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1340 (ISO) » Wed Apr 12, 2023 2:22 pm

Post by Elpis »

In post 1334, Firebringer wrote:
In post 1328, Elpis wrote: Gimli: Since the very starting point Gimli has been very reactionary and townreading most takes that people have, but as Day 2 has come around, his posts (aside from the ethel scumread) have felt pretty agreeable, and I do think he's either a town that doesn't want to put a lot of effort into trying to analyze deep, or a scum that is coasting on malleable reads to get by. Either way, I do enjoy his posts, and I want to believe he's towny. Gonna go with Null-Town for this one.
i want to fight u on this one. I am not so sure on agreeable today, yesterday yes. I think glimli performance today has been...spicy and ive had a lot of thoughts on it and its been making me think scum.

I feel like day 1 glimli played to the idea of get on the side of the loud voices in the town, and this day he seems to want to either break up the town or encourage paranoia and might even be slightly encouraging apathy. I can see it being town in some ways but this seems like scum trying to break up a town block going.

I guess argument against this is if glimli scum why wouldn't he just continue day 1 actions today to keep himself floating. I still go back into thinking that his pushing me to think norwee/brian are town are break us up from voting rather than actual worry of me being pocketed. Cause it doesn't feel like town!glimli here should be that worried this soon about me being completely taken by them, especially since i think my takes haven't been influenced by them. Where he seems to think they are or i am wrong?

Idk i go into weird tangeants on my glimli take cause i just don't feel he is sorting me here but still calling me sus or scummy possibly. Its a lot of weird both confidence in me being wrong, at same time he called this a lost game just a bit ago, and not being confident on me it seems?

ALL TO SAY I FIND GLIMLI BIG SUS
I went back to reread the posts you're addressing here, and maybe they are actually sort of odd? Not necessarily definite scum odd, just...perhaps without significant purpose behind them. Perhaps he just wanted you to change your mind on what he believes are town reads.

- Griffin Mcelroy
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #1341 (ISO) » Wed Apr 12, 2023 2:23 pm

Post by Firebringer »

In post 1328, Elpis wrote: Save The Dragons: One of the smaller post totals of anyone in the game thus far, but folks have expressed that's just his playstyle. Definitely Norwe neighbors. Very short posts, very little information being shared, little to no reason behind any thoughts being shared at all. There's basically no analysis or information to get from him at all, and I think this just feels like some sort of scumlurking. I do not like the void of confusion about this slot, and my nervous feelings about it make me feel like it's Null-Scum.
Like this one is just pretty general observations seen about StD with combinations of what sees other players see StD as. It really doesn't go into what he thinks StD is thinking or doing. I think any observant scum can make this read.
Show

Elpis
Elpis
Any
Goon
Elpis
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1342 (ISO) » Wed Apr 12, 2023 2:24 pm

Post by Elpis »

In post 1339, Firebringer wrote: i mean i don't want to insult elpis, but half of his analysis was hedging and another half seemed to be just general observations on player behavior that almost any observer of players could do. Like it more read to me that Elpis was making observations of player actions from perspective of personality than actually sorting out the mindset as much i guess?
It's a definitive expression of my perspective of the game and each player in it. Take what you will from it, but it's my genuine thoughts.

- Griffin Mcelroy
Elpis
Elpis
Any
Goon
Elpis
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1343 (ISO) » Wed Apr 12, 2023 2:25 pm

Post by Elpis »

In post 1341, Firebringer wrote:
In post 1328, Elpis wrote: Save The Dragons: One of the smaller post totals of anyone in the game thus far, but folks have expressed that's just his playstyle. Definitely Norwe neighbors. Very short posts, very little information being shared, little to no reason behind any thoughts being shared at all. There's basically no analysis or information to get from him at all, and I think this just feels like some sort of scumlurking. I do not like the void of confusion about this slot, and my nervous feelings about it make me feel like it's Null-Scum.
Like this one is just pretty general observations seen about StD with combinations of what sees other players see StD as. It really doesn't go into what he thinks StD is thinking or doing. I think any observant scum can make this read.
That's because I have literally no fucking clue what StD is thinking or doing because his posts don't give anything away to consider.

- Griffin Mcelroy
Elpis
Elpis
Any
Goon
Elpis
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1344 (ISO) » Wed Apr 12, 2023 2:25 pm

Post by Elpis »

Like, I WISH I did, and that's why it's a nullscum read.

- Griffin Mcelroy
Elpis
Elpis
Any
Goon
Elpis
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1345 (ISO) » Wed Apr 12, 2023 2:27 pm

Post by Elpis »

In post 1341, Firebringer wrote:
I should also add that any observant scum could make ANY read, because they have access to the exact same information as town does. If you're basing your perception off the idea that a scum can't read into the actions of players as well as town can, then you're approaching it flawed.

- Griffin Mcelroy
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1346 (ISO) » Wed Apr 12, 2023 2:27 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

I can see your point Firebringer. I will continue to look upon Elpis' posts with scrutiny.
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #1347 (ISO) » Wed Apr 12, 2023 2:29 pm

Post by Firebringer »

In post 1342, Elpis wrote:
In post 1339, Firebringer wrote: i mean i don't want to insult elpis, but half of his analysis was hedging and another half seemed to be just general observations on player behavior that almost any observer of players could do. Like it more read to me that Elpis was making observations of player actions from perspective of personality than actually sorting out the mindset as much i guess?
It's a definitive expression of my perspective of the game and each player in it. Take what you will from it, but it's my genuine thoughts.
Not saying it was fake really. Just that im like...not sold on that post can't be a scum post
Show

Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1348 (ISO) » Wed Apr 12, 2023 2:29 pm

Post by Andante »

In post 1328, Elpis wrote: Andante squarely in Null for the moment.
yo. HOW??? I'm null yet you have ceph and fire as confident town?
VOTE: elpis

ethel lives another day...
Elpis
Elpis
Any
Goon
Elpis
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1349 (ISO) » Wed Apr 12, 2023 2:30 pm

Post by Elpis »

As for the hedging, you're entirely correct. I am hedging on a few people because I am not confident. Maybe more posts and time will change that, but for now, that is my genuine perspective.

- Griffin Mcelroy

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”