Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2725 (ISO) » Thu Apr 13, 2023 7:43 am

Post by Save The Dragons »

I think it's possible I'm wrong and it's still venmar

Other scumreads might be you, njac, bub, but I'm more confident in trs right now than scumreads
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2726 (ISO) » Thu Apr 13, 2023 8:00 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 2724, Save The Dragons wrote: I'm not sure on venmar I kind of believe them

I agree that scum venmar probably just tells scum buddies they were visited
Yep this is what I don't get at all. Struggle to see the benefit for scum revealing that information here.
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2727 (ISO) » Thu Apr 13, 2023 8:07 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

Some thoughts from going through Kitty's ISO briefly.

Interesting they throw down the RVS vote on Ballpoint, now Eiralox. Scum casually fooling around with a teammate like that given the circumstances feels feasible. Could be Eiralox isn't interested but I've seen the slot be much more active as town.

CKD almost certainly town based on Kitty sheeping the case, don't see the reason for scum to lazily pile any pressure on CKD early game.

I don't buy Kowah/Kitty as teammates. Going back to Ballpoint, Kitty's stance changed here a bit, flutuating between townread and nullread. Kowah points this out and the push doesn't feel like scum on scum to me.

There's a bit of a push on Enchant's slot but not enough for me that rules out the two of them being teammates. The push is never really sustained or articulated beyond the occasional vote or statement. I think the push on CKD from Kitty was stronger and more geared toward achieving an elimination.
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2728 (ISO) » Thu Apr 13, 2023 8:09 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

Hard to fully judge a slot when it's not posting after already being replaced, but Eira's slot is probably the one I'm most confident about in terms of being scum at the moment, with Hu Tao 2nd on the basis of how they've approached the game D2.
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2729 (ISO) » Thu Apr 13, 2023 8:13 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 593, ballpointpen wrote:
In post 591, Andante wrote: yall are so much fun to talk to, let me say... like, if you wanna talk about the weather I'd be down.. like, anyone wanna talk to meeeee??? :)
i wanted to ask: what is the justification for absolutely railing hu tao? is it still that glitch interaction you were preaching about earlier
hu tao has just been *existing* this whole game and i don't really have an opinion on them. this wagon would have been great earlier in the day to pressure them into a response but i see skygazer, greeting, and kawaii as objectively more scummier than hu tao and that's where im most confident voting in
it doesn't help that a LOT of this playerlist are lurkers/inconsistent in their content, and as you said, i feel like i've been seeing the same rotating carousel of faces for a LONG time already
In post 594, ballpointpen wrote: same goes to NJAC but even more so
like i get that nobody likes lurkers, and i do as well, but there's nothing to really learn from limming him especially since he has 0 actual interactions
i never really go off on info lims but there's nothing even there in NJAC
i really hope some of these slots get replaced eventually though
Hmmm, unsure if this is too obvious a defence on Hu Tao but it doesn't feel outside the realm of possibility for scum. Note Ballpoint doesn't really townread Hu Tao as such, because that would actually commit them fully to the read if Hu Tao ends up being prime lim candidate, but they're trying to cast doubt on the votes there all the same while leaving enough wiggle room.

The second post re NJAC feels like Ballpoint perhaps trying to ensure it's not only a scum buddy they're protecting by launching a soft defence of somebody else too.

A Kitty/Eiralox/Hu Tao team seems perfectly feasible to me at the moment.
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #2730 (ISO) » Thu Apr 13, 2023 8:15 am

Post by Andante »

actually yeah… Eira came in… promised catch up the next day… then nothing.. feels a lot like a scum replacement
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2731 (ISO) » Thu Apr 13, 2023 8:15 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 1027, KittyTacky wrote:
In post 777, Hu Tao wrote:
In post 755, KittyTacky wrote: Greeting can be scum but is imo more likely town.
User discovers what the game of mafia is
That was a way of saying "I don't scumread Greeting" ya doofus.
Also there's this which I think feels like it could come from two teammates. It's like passively confrontational, in that Hu Tao's accusing Kitty of making an obvious post, but there's no real accusation or read behind it and it goes nowhere. It's minimal confrontation for the sake of minimal confrontation.
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2732 (ISO) » Thu Apr 13, 2023 8:15 am

Post by Andante »

VOTE: eiralox
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2733 (ISO) » Thu Apr 13, 2023 8:16 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 2731, Andante wrote: actually yeah… Eira came in… promised catch up the next day… then nothing.. feels a lot like a scum replacement
From as far as I can remember I've only played once with Eiralox and they were pretty active, certainly willing to jump into fights where necessary and not somebody who'd back up. If they have no desire to play you'd think they would have maybe replaced out by now after replacing in.
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2734 (ISO) » Thu Apr 13, 2023 8:20 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 727, ballpointpen wrote: VOTE: Hu Tao

their recent posts haven't improved anything but also its weirder that this wagon never took off
i don't have time to play rn but recent wagon composition has had some really weird energy lately and i need to check it out
also my personal reminder to check on my reads later
Hmmm, this final vote from Ballpoint before they backed out feels weird too. They had been defending Hu Tao against elimination before this but on the basis of one or two counterposts suddenly don't like the slot and they're willing to go there out of nowhere? I'm not sure if I'm getting tunnelled on Eiralox/Hu Tao as a team but this vote is terrible too despite me actually scumreading the slot.
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2735 (ISO) » Thu Apr 13, 2023 8:21 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

VOTE: Eiralox
Bub Bidderskins
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2736 (ISO) » Thu Apr 13, 2023 8:21 am

Post by Bub Bidderskins »

In post 2719, MalcolmTucker wrote:
In post 2716, Bub Bidderskins wrote: VOTE: malcom
How come?
Very half-hearted, careful reads and trying to have it both ways. Trying to keep NJAC in the suspect pool reads as scummy to me.

Also the half-hearted attempt to push against the Kitty wagon early in that wagon's formation reads as scummy.

It's the pattern of behavior from scum who wants to look town, and the hard evidence we have lines up with you being scum.
Show
Total: 17/15/1
Town: 10/13/1
Scum: 7/2/0
Other: 0/0/0

"Bub Bidderskins-If he's scum, I'll catch him in 2 posts. If he's town, he'll probably be somewhat useful." ~Parama
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2737 (ISO) » Thu Apr 13, 2023 8:22 am

Post by Andante »

and usually people replace in because they WANT to play, but as far as I can tell, Eira has had 0 interest in this game. I definitely want to flip slots that are doing nothing and not towny before people who are at least trying
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Goodfellas/White Knight
Gimli
he/him
Goodfellas/White Knight
Goodfellas/White Knight

Post Post #2738 (ISO) » Thu Apr 13, 2023 8:22 am

Post by Gimli »

eiralox' not posting is NAI, guys

wrt venmar, it's good idea for scum to tell the truth wrt loud actions that targeted you/who targeted you. it just makes sense for scum. it also makes sense for town, ofc. for town!venmar he wouldn't think njac is cop or doc, since njac voted venmar (meaning not cop if venmar is town) and wouldn't save venmar since he was scumreading him. I think outing the loud action is very NAI. but venmar's posts are scummy otherwise, so I think we should flip him.

I'm not defending eiralox past d2 but I don't think it's a good flip rn cause bbp was kinda towny and I think he is disassociated with kitty d1.
Bub Bidderskins
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2739 (ISO) » Thu Apr 13, 2023 8:23 am

I'm down for an Eira wagon but it'd be preferable to have a replacement to actually pressure in that slot. Also ballpoint's posting in that slot wasn't great to begin with.
Show

"Bub Bidderskins-If he's scum, I'll catch him in 2 posts. If he's town, he'll probably be somewhat useful." ~Parama
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2740 (ISO) » Thu Apr 13, 2023 8:24 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 2737, Bub Bidderskins wrote:
In post 2719, MalcolmTucker wrote:
In post 2716, Bub Bidderskins wrote: VOTE: malcom
How come?
Very half-hearted, careful reads and trying to have it both ways. Trying to keep NJAC in the suspect pool reads as scummy to me.

Also the half-hearted attempt to push against the Kitty wagon early in that wagon's formation reads as scummy.

It's the pattern of behavior from scum who wants to look town, and the hard evidence we have lines up with you being scum.
From a proper read back and looking through various ISOs after having been behind I've moved away from NJAC and much more content to see that slot as town. My catch-ups when I've been away tend to be pretty observational.

What do you think of the case on the Eiralox slot? I know you didn't like that slot D1 and I'd argue my case there is much better than my observational catch-up posts.
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2741 (ISO) » Thu Apr 13, 2023 8:24 am

Post by Andante »

In post 2735, MalcolmTucker wrote:

their recent posts haven't improved anything but also its weirder that this wagon never took off
i don't have time to play rn but recent wagon composition has had some really weird energy lately and i need to check it out
Hmmm, this final vote from Ballpoint before they backed out feels weird too. They had been defending Hu Tao against elimination before this but on the basis of one or two counterposts suddenly don't like the slot and they're willing to go there out of nowhere? I'm not sure if I'm getting tunnelled on Eiralox/Hu Tao as a team but this vote is terrible too despite me actually scumreading the slot.
not gonna lie, my working theory for why we had a million replacements, basically at once was a fight in scum chat, cause after Ceph randomly going I was like “are people just fighting??” which may point to FL scum tbh.. idk, I want eira yeeted!!!
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2742 (ISO) » Thu Apr 13, 2023 8:25 am

Post by Andante »

In post 2740, Bub Bidderskins wrote: I'm down for an Eira wagon but it'd be preferable to have a replacement to actually pressure in that slot. Also ballpoint's posting in that slot wasn't great to begin with.
mehh at this point scum would specifically tell the replacement the slot is doomed and to not interact
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2743 (ISO) » Thu Apr 13, 2023 8:25 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

Think this is the first time we've played together, Bub, but would also add in my defence I tend to be pretty half-hearted and noncommittal when I'm in an uncertain position about my reads...just tend to approach the game from as honest POV as possible when I'm town, and sometimes that will mean crappy, uninspired or confused reads when I'm spewing out my thoughts.
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2744 (ISO) » Thu Apr 13, 2023 8:25 am

Post by Andante »

In post 1423, Eiralox wrote: Hello I'm the replacement ballpointpen, an aardvark hair brush. I hope I'll be caught up tommorow to see if I can wrap.my head round things, at least what I've seen past few pages is 'vote Andante' or 'vote Skygazer' and everyone feels real impatient to get one of them through. Other than that I like anime, saw that pen seemed not to so meh got that going for me I guess >.<
I guess tomorrow is never happening….
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2745 (ISO) » Thu Apr 13, 2023 8:27 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 2742, Andante wrote:
In post 2735, MalcolmTucker wrote:

not gonna lie, my working theory for why we had a million replacements, basically at once was a fight in scum chat, cause after Ceph randomly going I was like “are people just fighting??” which may point to FL scum tbh.. idk, I want eira yeeted!!!
My general view as well which I articulated earlier was scum are probably lying low. They're at a disadvantaged, one player down and no kills in there yet, with several active and vocal players like yourself, Flavor and Bub all looking strongly townie. I'm sure there'll be somebody from scum interacting regularly but if they're in danger of losing another body then it may be damage limitation for whoever the least suspected scum team member is.
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2746 (ISO) » Thu Apr 13, 2023 8:27 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

It's approaching 6 days since Eira posted so the slot should hopefully be replaced soon at least.
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2747 (ISO) » Thu Apr 13, 2023 8:31 am

Post by Andante »

In post 2747, MalcolmTucker wrote: It's approaching 6 days since Eira posted so the slot should hopefully be replaced soon at least.
and even with a replacement, I don’t expect that person to be anywhere near caught up in 24-48 hours…
Bub Bidderskins
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2748 (ISO) » Thu Apr 13, 2023 8:43 am

In post 2744, MalcolmTucker wrote: Think this is the first time we've played together, Bub, but would also add in my defence I tend to be pretty half-hearted and noncommittal when I'm in an uncertain position about my reads...just tend to approach the game from as honest POV as possible when I'm town, and sometimes that will mean crappy, uninspired or confused reads when I'm spewing out my thoughts.
It's certainly the first time we've played because this is the first game I've played since 2013.

I put basically zero stock into meta arguments, and even less into self-meta claims.
Show

schadd_
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
pandora's pukebox
Pronoun: he/it

Post Post #2749 (ISO) » Thu Apr 13, 2023 8:54 am

Post by schadd_ »

;