Townie
Pronoun: he

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Mon Apr 17, 2023 12:17 am

Post by ratrat »

In post 8, iamveryhappy wrote: Good morning, I'm town
VOTE: eektor
We should prob talk about ourselves, so:
1. Timezone?
2. Experience of forum mafia? Any other experience of mafia?
so
yeah
1. GMT
2. played 2 forum games, diff site
also played chat mafia on pokemon showdown, p high standard for chat, but low standards for forum (undergoing a huge forum rebuild)
gl everyone!
I am at +5:30. This is my first game. I am going to see how things play out before voting.
Marashu
Marashu
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Marashu
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Mon Apr 17, 2023 12:47 am

Post by Marashu »

Official Vote Count 1.01

How doth the little crocodile
Improve his shining tail,
And pour the waters of the Nile
On every golden scale!

How cheerfully he seems to grin
How neatly spreads his claws,
And welcomes little fishes in,
With gently smiling jaws!

-Lewis Carroll, "How Doth the Little Crocodile"

Elimination
Alianna
(2): MintChippo, ClarkBar
iamveryhappy
(2): JasonWazza, Alianna
eektor
(1): iamveryhappy
ratrat
(1): eektor
ClarkBar
(1): Merlyn

Not Voting
(2): ratrat, KaninIGuess

Deadline:
(expired on 2023-04-26 17:20:12).

Mod notes:
  • With 9 players alive, 5 votes are required for elimination.
  • First and only reminder about discontinued terms on MafiaScum forums.
eektor
eektor
Goon
eektor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Mon Apr 17, 2023 1:48 am

Post by eektor »

UNVOTE: ratrat

VOTE: Alianna

I think Alianna's play has been reactionary to others and not actively hunting scum. She voted for happy and when Jason said she was bussing, she changed her vote to herself. When Clark found it scummy for her to be voting for herself, she goes back to voting for happy. Comparing the 3 SE's, I think Jason and Clark have been moving the game forward and out of RVS, while Alianna has just been reacting to what people are posting about her.

P.S. How do you quote specific posts? I see the quote tag and there is a post tag
JasonWazza
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Mon Apr 17, 2023 3:21 am

Post by JasonWazza »

to quote you have 2 methods, you can use the " or the chatting symbols to the top right of each post (should be in line with the post number on the left side, just over there on the right)

" immediately takes you to another screen with the full post, the chatting symbols allows you to pool posts, and get more to quote.

Personally i prefer the " method, and i use middle click (open in a new tab) to slowly get all the quotes i need and amass them (Cut/Copy and Paste are your friend), so that i know i'm replying to each one, but to each their own.

And to enable you to split a quote and turn it into multiple what you can do is type the quote tags in reverse in the middle of a post like so.

Code: Select all

[/quote][quote]

There are also other ways to reply to multiple things in a single post like Alianna's post shows, especially if it's dense with small exact things you want to refer to,

Preview is always your friend as well before posting, because you can always check if you've broken your quote tags (which will inevitably happen).
Returning win rate: 4/1, 80%
In the process of creating a game to mod, we will see what it holds.
JasonWazza
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Mon Apr 17, 2023 3:36 am

Post by JasonWazza »

Now that i am an information giver mode is done.

UNVOTE: iamveryhappy
VOTE: eektor

Will say not overly happy with the responses from iamveryhappy (a defense of someone is a defense, even in RVS and he seems too worried about optics over progressing his reads), that said eektor actually seems more scummy.

Calling her play reactionary seems disingenuous given that it was (i mean she was actively reacting to me), but not in a scummy way, i don't see any way it can be read other then a bit of banter.

Going to a joke vote in RVS, not scummy.
Replacing your joke vote with your more real "Random" vote, not scummy.

And comparing us as SE's makes no sense, at least not this early on when all we have been in is RVS.
JasonWazza
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Mon Apr 17, 2023 3:39 am

Post by JasonWazza »

I'd EBWOP that first line but i don't even actually know what i was trying to say. other then that this post is more me then the above one which was informative.
eektor
eektor
Goon
eektor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Mon Apr 17, 2023 4:47 am

Post by eektor »

One more quick question, how do I do this with the posts? What Alianna did with the 15 and I've seen others do it as well?
In post 27, Alianna wrote: Ah. I thought you were referencing the mechanics since we'd both mentioned that and I was prepared to post an essay.
I agree is a little odd.
Alianna
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops

Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops

Death by 1000 Pagetops

Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Mon Apr 17, 2023 4:51 am

Post by Alianna »

Post tags? (post)15(/post) but use square brackets and change the number.
I townread Alianna.

Post #1000s Collected: 26
On hiatus from playing mafia.
JasonWazza
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Mon Apr 17, 2023 4:51 am

Post by JasonWazza »

Code: Select all

[Post=##]##[/post]

Replacing the ## with the number for the post (note once you preview the post it will turn into the post's unique identifier, that is intended.).
eektor
eektor
Goon
eektor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Mon Apr 17, 2023 4:58 am

Post by eektor »

In post 54, JasonWazza wrote: Calling her play reactionary seems disingenuous given that it was (i mean she was actively reacting to me), but not in a scummy way, i don't see any way it can be read other then a bit of banter.

Replacing your joke vote with your more real "Random" vote, not scummy.

And comparing us as SE's makes no sense, at least not this early on when all we have been in is RVS.
Alianna was actively reacting to you and Clark. Reacting is passive, not actively looking for possible scum. That is scummy.

Replacing your joke vote with another joke vote of voting yourself, scummy.
After getting called out on it, and going back to your original joke vote, scummy.

I believe we are out of RVS. We have enough information to start getting our initial reads on people. Also, I compared the SE's because they are the ones with the most experience in the game. Like for instance I expect the SE's to be better at moving this game out of the RVS than some of the newer people.
eektor
eektor
Goon
eektor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Mon Apr 17, 2023 5:00 am

Post by eektor »

Sorry, I forgot to say, thank you Jason for answering my question on the quotes, and Alianna and Jason on the posts.
JasonWazza
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Mon Apr 17, 2023 5:03 am

Post by JasonWazza »

In post 59, eektor wrote: Going to a joke vote in RVS, not scummy.
Replacing your joke vote with another joke vote of voting yourself, scummy.
After getting called out on it, and going back to your original joke vote, scummy.
Can i just check then, you think the vote in post is a joke vote then?
MintChippo
MintChippo
Goon
MintChippo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Mon Apr 17, 2023 5:31 am

Post by MintChippo »

Honestly, I find myself questioning ClarkBar's actions more than iamveryhappy's or Alianna's so far.

I agree that iamveryhappy's post towards my RVS vote was a little strange, and I guess I don't love their implication that the explanation I gave for my RVS vote is suspicious to them, but their posts strike me less as suspicious, and more just as odd responses. Maybe they thought I was being genuine when they originally posted, since most people didn't provide an explanation with their RVS vote and I did. There's a reasonable explanation there, I think.

Alianna has also received a bit of suspicion for their RVS votes and replies to people, but none of it really strikes me as particularly suspicious, either. Eektor describes their play as "reactionary", and ClarkBar claims their RVS votes seem scum-orientated, but once again I don't see it, personally. It's true that Alianna hasn't made any big accusations yet, but we're still so early in the game that trying to get more information out of existing posts doesn't seem that strange to me - on Day 1, when we don't have much to work with, I think trying to get more information out of people who've already posted things makes sense.

ClarkBar's posts, on the other hand, strike me as a little more strange. Their first post was just checking in, letting us know that they'd be reading through things shortly, but then in their very next post they're already planning to make a serious vote, and they ultimately pursue Alianna based on the self-vote, and are critical of their earliest RVS votes, judging them as if they were 100% serious. They also say...
In post 36, ClarkBar wrote: Plus, I feel RVS should be nearing its end at this point.
...despite the fact they were referencing posts that had happened earlier, and despite the fact that not every player had even shown up at this point. It seems almost like they're trying to make Alianna seem more suspicious than they are by claiming their posts are coming after RVS, even though they really weren't.

I'll be the first to admit that this isn't the strongest case ever, but if we're looking to start pursuing a wagon for information, this is the one I feel most comfortable with currently.

VOTE: ClarkBar
MintChippo
MintChippo
Goon
MintChippo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Mon Apr 17, 2023 5:33 am

Post by MintChippo »

In post 44, KaninIGuess wrote: Holy fuck this is confusing. There’s so many vo’s- anyhow, uhhhh- how was everyone’s evening/possibly morning/whatever? Also I’ll get a pfp, yeah.
In post 50, ratrat wrote: I am at +5:30. This is my first game. I am going to see how things play out before voting.
Do either of you have any thoughts on the discussions so far? Any reads or anything yet?
KaninIGuess
KaninIGuess
He/Him
Townie
KaninIGuess
He/Him
Townie
Townie

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Mon Apr 17, 2023 7:03 am

Post by KaninIGuess »

In post 63, MintChippo wrote:
In post 44, KaninIGuess wrote: Holy fuck this is confusing. There’s so many vo’s- anyhow, uhhhh- how was everyone’s evening/possibly morning/whatever? Also I’ll get a pfp, yeah.
In post 50, ratrat wrote: I am at +5:30. This is my first game. I am going to see how things play out before voting.
Do either of you have any thoughts on the discussions so far? Any reads or anything yet?
I’ve been reading and I do agree that even if they were joke votes, this all does seem pretty scummy. However, this whole situation is not sitting right with me, I don’t know.
ClarkBar
ClarkBar
Goon
ClarkBar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Mon Apr 17, 2023 7:04 am

Post by ClarkBar »

In post 40, Alianna wrote: Are you operating off the assumption that everything I post has been meant seriously or semi-seriously? It hasn't. The game is poetry-themed, so I posted the first piece of bad mafia-related poetry that I could think up and it happened to involve a no-execution vote.
I appreciate the poetry connection and the light hearted opening. I do think that a poem that does not propose an anti-town sentiment was a possibility.

More to respond to but I’m at work and posting on a phone is tedious.
KaninIGuess
KaninIGuess
He/Him
Townie
KaninIGuess
He/Him
Townie
Townie

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Mon Apr 17, 2023 7:23 am

Post by KaninIGuess »

In post 65, ClarkBar wrote:
In post 40, Alianna wrote: Are you operating off the assumption that everything I post has been meant seriously or semi-seriously? It hasn't. The game is poetry-themed, so I posted the first piece of bad mafia-related poetry that I could think up and it happened to involve a no-execution vote.
I appreciate the poetry connection and the light hearted opening. I do think that a poem that does not propose an anti-town sentiment was a possibility.

Agreed. I was gonna add more to this but my train of thought left the station. So just agreed.
MintChippo
MintChippo
Goon
MintChippo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Mon Apr 17, 2023 7:27 am

Post by MintChippo »

In post 64, KaninIGuess wrote: I’ve been reading and I do agree that
even if they were joke votes, this all does seem pretty scummy.
However, this whole situation is not sitting right with me, I don’t know.
In post 66, KaninIGuess wrote:
In post 65, ClarkBar wrote:

Agreed. I was gonna add more to this but my train of thought left the station. So just agreed.
Just to be sure I understand, then, you agree with ClarkBar that Alianna's actions so far have been suspicious?
iamveryhappy
iamveryhappy
all
Mafia Scum
iamveryhappy
all
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: all

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Mon Apr 17, 2023 8:16 am

Post by iamveryhappy »

gm
It is nighttime irl so yeah lets go solve
still 2 on me for that weird interaction with mint
nvm its one
someone else has 3 votes I think its Alianna
the new eektor wagon seems meh, will look more into it
ending this with a random poem I will make , please rate it
there once was a big fat frog
who walked into a store
he stole all of the fish
and walked out of the door
iavh is slightly annoyed
iamveryhappy
iamveryhappy
all
Mafia Scum
iamveryhappy
all
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Mon Apr 17, 2023 8:40 am

Post by iamveryhappy »

In post 62, MintChippo wrote: Honestly, I find myself questioning ClarkBar's actions more than iamveryhappy's or Alianna's so far.

I agree that iamveryhappy's post towards my RVS vote was a little strange, and I guess I don't love their implication that the explanation I gave for my RVS vote is suspicious to them, but their posts strike me less as suspicious, and more just as odd responses. Maybe they thought I was being genuine when they originally posted, since most people didn't provide an explanation with their RVS vote and I did. There's a reasonable explanation there, I think.

Alianna has also received a bit of suspicion for their RVS votes and replies to people, but none of it really strikes me as particularly suspicious, either. Eektor describes their play as "reactionary", and ClarkBar claims their RVS votes seem scum-orientated, but once again I don't see it, personally. It's true that Alianna hasn't made any big accusations yet, but we're still so early in the game that trying to get more information out of existing posts doesn't seem that strange to me - on Day 1, when we don't have much to work with, I think trying to get more information out of people who've already posted things makes sense.

ClarkBar's posts, on the other hand, strike me as a little more strange. Their first post was just checking in, letting us know that they'd be reading through things shortly, but then in their very next post they're already planning to make a serious vote, and they ultimately pursue Alianna based on the self-vote, and are critical of their earliest RVS votes, judging them as if they were 100% serious. They also say...
In post 36, ClarkBar wrote: Plus, I feel RVS should be nearing its end at this point.
...despite the fact they were referencing posts that had happened earlier, and despite the fact that not every player had even shown up at this point. It seems almost like they're trying to make Alianna seem more suspicious than they are by claiming their posts are coming after RVS, even though they really weren't.

I'll be the first to admit that this isn't the strongest case ever, but if we're looking to start pursuing a wagon for information, this is the one I feel most comfortable with currently.

VOTE: ClarkBar
nah I like Clark, already pushing on second post, somewhat improving the gamestate with whatever is given. In fact, I can sense town vibes already.
iavh is slightly annoyed
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Mon Apr 17, 2023 8:43 am

Post by Merlyn »

In post 66, KaninIGuess wrote: Agreed. I was gonna add more to this but my train of thought left the station. So just agreed.
In post 68, iamveryhappy wrote: gm
It is nighttime irl so yeah lets go solve
still 2 on me for that weird interaction with mint
nvm its one
someone else has 3 votes I think its Alianna
the new eektor wagon seems meh, will look more into it
ending this with a random poem I will make , please rate it
there once was a big fat frog
who walked into a store
he stole all of the fish
and walked out of the door
It makes it harder than it needs to be for town when people don't post any content. It's a text-based game, all we have to discuss here is what everyone says. So, when you say nothing, there's nothing for anyone else to post about. All three of you can't be scum, so I would ask you all to post your thoughts on players and on interactions so that we can all have something to talk about.
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Mon Apr 17, 2023 8:44 am

Post by Merlyn »

In post 69, iamveryhappy wrote:
nah I like Clark, already pushing on second post, somewhat improving the gamestate with whatever is given. In fact, I can sense town vibes already.
Why don't you let Clark answer to the votes and questions that have come up against him before you absolve him? If he is scum, you're taking the pressure off before we ever got a chance to see how he'd react to pressure.
eektor
eektor
Goon
eektor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Mon Apr 17, 2023 8:46 am

Post by eektor »

In post 61, JasonWazza wrote: Can i just check then, you think the vote in post is a joke vote then?
In post 28, Alianna wrote: In fact, I'll jump on the wagon.

VOTE: iamveryhappy
That post doesn't sound serious to me, so yes I still think its part of the joke posts in RVS stage.
iamveryhappy
iamveryhappy
all
Mafia Scum
iamveryhappy
all
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Mon Apr 17, 2023 8:50 am

Post by iamveryhappy »

In post 71, Merlyn wrote:
In post 69, iamveryhappy wrote:
Why don't you let Clark answer to the votes and questions that have come up against him before you absolve him? If he is scum, you're taking the pressure off before we ever got a chance to see how he'd react to pressure.
just posting my personal opinion
you can keep yours, I can keep mine until I change it
the accusation was literally that clark said to look into smth, or shit like that anxt post goes super saiyan and goes pushin
casually posting opinion, I have my rights :)
iavh is slightly annoyed
iamveryhappy
iamveryhappy
all
Mafia Scum
iamveryhappy
all
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Mon Apr 17, 2023 8:51 am

Post by iamveryhappy »