Amnesiac Mafia: The Movie! That's a Wrap!

For Team Mafia 2023 Games and Information
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #725 (ISO) » Mon Apr 17, 2023 8:24 am

Post by Firebringer »

I don't think this game is multiball
i brought it up because i relooked at number of players and remembered alisae pregame comment
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess

Black
she/her
Twilight Princess

Twilight Princess

Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #726 (ISO) » Mon Apr 17, 2023 8:26 am

Post by Black »

Is traitor + Mafia considered multi ball?
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #727 (ISO) » Mon Apr 17, 2023 8:26 am

Post by Firebringer »

In post 726, Black wrote: Is traitor + Mafia considered multi ball?
no
Show
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea
Shea
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #728 (ISO) » Mon Apr 17, 2023 8:27 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 713, Firebringer wrote: Wait 15 players.
ugh. Now i have to think about if theres a traitor or fourth.
Alisae said this was multiball at some point but i don't see that mentioned anywhere.
is this one of your trolls?
tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea
Shea

Post Post #729 (ISO) » Mon Apr 17, 2023 8:28 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

I feel like if any other player just randomly started talking about multiball for no reason whatsoever in the middle of day one I would just vote them immediately.
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #730 (ISO) » Mon Apr 17, 2023 8:28 am

Post by Klick »

I'm skimming atm and won't be properly around for at least another hour or so
But I am not on V/LA anymore as of last night when I posted a lot, so wagon away if that's the only thing stopping you
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #731 (ISO) » Mon Apr 17, 2023 8:29 am

Post by Pink Ball »

VOTE: Klick
Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty
Pronoun: She

Post Post #732 (ISO) » Mon Apr 17, 2023 8:29 am

Post by Frozen Angel »

In post 657, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 555, Frozen Angel wrote:
In post 519, Black wrote:
I liked FA's entrance and her thoughts felt like they were coming from a genuine solvey place, however I started to doubt that after reading some of what Klick put down about her. Klick has a couple of good points about why he thinks FA is scummy here even if they aren't very strong. Like they seem like things that would make Klick sus of FA but not necessarily things that could get others onboard. FA's whole reaction to the Klick push was to discredit it and then jump on Dragon for following it and I feel like this could be interpreted as her going for an easier target
"discredit"

where did I discredit klick's push on me I want you to specifically point out to what you mean when you use that word cause all I did was clarifying to him why what he sees is not scum indicative of me while completely acknowledging what he was seeing without any confrontation

also my vote/scumread on dragon eater is not because of
him agreeing with klick

its because I think he is not, in reality, agreeing with klick, I think he is actually faking reading/following what he wrote about me and just went on sheeping someone who expressed town reading him on their scum read.

why?

truthfully mostly
gut feeling
about how he jumped on that read. but also cause in my head klick made a link between my play here and what he saw before while dragon eater cant make such link in their head like them.

I really think he saw klick posting a meta read and without questioning "is this meta sufficient" or "is this even making sense" sheep it, while klick's doubting himself on forming the meta read before, suggests he is unlike dragon eater and was evaluating that link.

hence I think dragon eater is an opportunistic scum who is using the tr that was expressed on them to steer behind klick on this linked read
I think that this is a plausible theory, but is there any supporting evidence? Why do you think this?
cause I felt like it was what he did really.

like when klick made the meta link I was like yeah I can see him getting there in my headbut when dragon eater jumped on it, I was like can he see that? klick was pretty analytical with how he approached it. klick was like yeah I think its what she did as scum before but was still up downing it in his head. dragon eater just ignored the updowning klick was doing and went like yeah you town read me I gonna say I read your iso give a town read to you and jump on your only read without ever saying anything else about me.

that's why I asked him to repeat the klick case in his own words but he either didn't see me asking or just didn't check game since
False tears bring pain to those around you
False smile brings pain to one's self

"Frozen Like Your Heart." -Ginngie
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Survivor
Dunnstral
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #733 (ISO) » Mon Apr 17, 2023 8:29 am

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 720, Firebringer wrote:
In post 715, Dunnstral wrote: Fire, LLD says you saw how she coached her scum buddies in the PYP game you replaced into. You should know that LLD makes people say things in their own words. And not putting her face or name on it. So she could have had me take this from my own standpoint. She says you need to shelf your paranoia for a day or two, and that this is team mafia and you're playing like you're staring down the gun from LLD and seeing ghosts.
I am not interested in limming your slot today. I am just calling out what I see.
LLD says this is the last bit for now because this is my (Dunn's) game and not hers to play, but in response to this:

She gets this but she is town reading you in large part because you don't have a single care about how you come across, but also have to understand as much as LLD can make the arguments she's made any game, it's also possible for you to see this as a possible outcome in any game. There's no real way for LLD to be able to prove that we are not bussing, except FA flipping town.

All we can do is to continue giving reads, be town, and hope that you find us. Our responses to you here are under the concept that you are in fact town and have a chance of finding us. LLD gets that you aren't going to flip us day one, that's a fair shout.

Not flipping us is good, reading us correctly is better.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #734 (ISO) » Mon Apr 17, 2023 8:30 am

Post by Titus »

In post 729, Thestatusquo wrote: I feel like if any other player just randomly started talking about multiball for no reason whatsoever in the middle of day one I would just vote them immediately.
Yeah it's TM. Multiball not a thing.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #735 (ISO) » Mon Apr 17, 2023 8:30 am

Post by Firebringer »

In post 729, Thestatusquo wrote: I feel like if any other player just randomly started talking about multiball for no reason whatsoever in the middle of day one I would just vote them immediately.
Do you scumread me yet
Show

Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea
Shea

Post Post #736 (ISO) » Mon Apr 17, 2023 8:31 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

Not really, no.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Survivor
Dunnstral
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #737 (ISO) » Mon Apr 17, 2023 8:37 am

Post by Dunnstral »

I read 732 from FA above and feel I need some time to think about it. Or to break it up into little pieces.

-Klick is more analytical than DragonEater
-Dragoneater ignored Klick's analysis and voted for FA
-Dragoneater did not say anything else about FA
-You want Dragoneater to explain Klick's analysis in their own words
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet

Post Post #738 (ISO) » Mon Apr 17, 2023 8:38 am

Post by Pink Ball »

Jingle says that it's possible to be multiball but not likely, since Amnesia mechanic is very slightly townsiding because scum can't actively hunt PRs since a role could reappear in the lategame. He says that multiball is explicitly an option since he suggested it as a solution to tiebreaks before the event.
Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty

Post Post #739 (ISO) » Mon Apr 17, 2023 8:39 am

Post by Frozen Angel »

Just for the record unless if you engage with me and drop a question or something, wagoning me will not give you anything cause I never learnt how to respond to random votes being thrown at me when there are no questions attached to them.
In post 681, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 657, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 555, Frozen Angel wrote:
In post 519, Black wrote:
I liked FA's entrance and her thoughts felt like they were coming from a genuine solvey place, however I started to doubt that after reading some of what Klick put down about her. Klick has a couple of good points about why he thinks FA is scummy here even if they aren't very strong. Like they seem like things that would make Klick sus of FA but not necessarily things that could get others onboard. FA's whole reaction to the Klick push was to discredit it and then jump on Dragon for following it and I feel like this could be interpreted as her going for an easier target
"discredit"

where did I discredit klick's push on me I want you to specifically point out to what you mean when you use that word cause all I did was clarifying to him why what he sees is not scum indicative of me while completely acknowledging what he was seeing without any confrontation

also my vote/scumread on dragon eater is not because of
him agreeing with klick

its because I think he is not, in reality, agreeing with klick, I think he is actually faking reading/following what he wrote about me and just went on sheeping someone who expressed town reading him on their scum read.

why?

truthfully mostly
gut feeling
about how he jumped on that read. but also cause in my head klick made a link between my play here and what he saw before while dragon eater cant make such link in their head like them.

I really think he saw klick posting a meta read and without questioning "is this meta sufficient" or "is this even making sense" sheep it, while klick's doubting himself on forming the meta read before, suggests he is unlike dragon eater and was evaluating that link.

hence I think dragon eater is an opportunistic scum who is using the tr that was expressed on them to steer behind klick on this linked read
I think that this is a plausible theory, but is there any supporting evidence? Why do you think this?
LLD thinks that this FA post looks defensive and stilted, like FA is trying to get out from under something instead of arguing something she believes in. And FA fits in as the lurk mafia LLD was looking for.

I (Dunn) am in agreement after having the above framed to me like so, because I am not seeing why FA is thinking this way about Dragoneater so it looks like sowing doubt and trying to deflect. "Getting out from under something" is a good phrase that I'll use again here.

VOTE: Frozen Angel

LLD thinks that Titus might be voting FA thinking that FA can save themself so that Titus can swap their vote later, or worst case get bus cred. Because Titus' vote on FA feels like Titus got there with zero reasoning and is dissonant from their prior take. Giving up on Black and saying "meh" doesn't make sense.

If Titus wants to bus, we should let her bus and then dunk on her tomorrow.

I'm (Dunn) going to add that it is not clear why Titus decided to vote for FA over other options, which I feels lends merit to this being a bus that Titus is not expecting to take off.
what about me choosing dragon eater as next option is "defensive". He was not even casing me/voting me. he just drop 1 line to sheep klick.

like why would LLD think scum me would feel any sort of pressure to feel defensive about that by voting him. I was voting klick before switching to dragoneater since RVS and being back on klick would have been more "defensive" no?

I'm really (and I mean really) not a fan of people who make linked reads like the one you made in day one. especially when they are so shallow like the one you made.

titus vote on me as you said is without any explanation. how did you judge that its a bus or not without knowing any of our alignments or their reasons for voting? the fact you made the link based on nothing makes me think (again call it a gut feeling actually) that there is a chance your read on one side or both side of that link might be fake.

Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet

Post Post #740 (ISO) » Mon Apr 17, 2023 8:39 am

Post by Pink Ball »

He expects 11:4 or 9:3:3, and if multiball, scum getting town power isn't nearly as bad for town as it is in singleball which is :slight: evidence towards multiball, but we both agree that it's more likely not multiball
Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty

Post Post #741 (ISO) » Mon Apr 17, 2023 8:44 am

Post by Frozen Angel »

In post 737, Dunnstral wrote: I read 732 from FA above and feel I need some time to think about it. Or to break it up into little pieces.

-Klick is more analytical than DragonEater
-Dragoneater ignored Klick's analysis and voted for FA
-Dragoneater did not say anything else about FA
-You want Dragoneater to explain Klick's analysis in their own words
klick had a reason to make that meta link and went back and forth on it as I expected that thought process to do when actually analyzing it. the read is naturally made or I think it is.

Dragon eater was klicks first tr who they just repeated they tr. dragon eater says they read klick iso to develop a read on them say they read the case on me and agree with it completely ignoring how klick himself went back and forth on it or without any kind of validating the completion of the meta.

so I asked them to actually repeat what klick found scummy about me. Klick did explain similarities in my playstyle in a multiball game we played in which I was a scum but without actually reading how I actually played in such game how would dragon eater capture the essence of what klick was saying about me to completely jump on that train? I feel like dragoneater dropping a scum read on me in that particular moment was from an opportunistic scum mindset not because they actually read and validated the stuff klick was saying.

Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet

Post Post #742 (ISO) » Mon Apr 17, 2023 8:46 am

Post by Pink Ball »

In post 740, Pink Ball wrote: He expects 11:4 or 9:3:3, and if multiball, scum getting town power isn't nearly as bad for town as it is in singleball which is :slight: evidence towards multiball, but we both agree that it's more likely not multiball
That being said, if it is in fact multiball and we get confirmation of this later in the game, Firebringer expecting multiball could be because of his balance knowledge showing through unintentionally. Like in a game when an unexpected cult flip happens, you go looking for anyone who might have brought it up before the flip.

This is still Jingle talking mechanics. I think it's single ball and FB is town, no need to entertain this idea.
Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty

Post Post #743 (ISO) » Mon Apr 17, 2023 8:47 am

Post by Frozen Angel »

In post 703, Firebringer wrote:
In post 699, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 683, Firebringer wrote: Dunn, did LLD tell you that this is the right time to buss?
You are free to engage with the points we've made if you'd like.
What points do u want me to engage with. It looks like ur bussing
It looks like LLD told u to buss and then claim Titus is the one that is doing the bussing.
I agree FA is scummy, I just think ur trying to buss and then say Titus is the scum post flip.
well I will flip town but I agree that linked read is super out of place. if hypothetically I flip, a scum!dun will probably be like well I was wrong on fa but titus was the one who pushed them without reason at the time I thought it was bussing but I it was just scum steering for miselim blah blah

its just such an easy way for a scum to take a position about my rising up wagon.

Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Survivor
Dunnstral
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #744 (ISO) » Mon Apr 17, 2023 8:48 am

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 740, Pink Ball wrote:9:3:3
Isn't that way too many mafia?
Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty

Post Post #745 (ISO) » Mon Apr 17, 2023 8:49 am

Post by Frozen Angel »

btw furitive said he finds kuribo a bit sus in this game but didn't elaborate at all. nothing specific about them stick out to me on my initial skim and in on later pages personally but I'l keep in mind for doing an iso sweep when I have more time

Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Survivor
Dunnstral
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #746 (ISO) » Mon Apr 17, 2023 8:50 am

Post by Dunnstral »

FA are you asking for me to ask LLD something, or are you making your case to the general public in 739
Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty

Post Post #747 (ISO) » Mon Apr 17, 2023 8:52 am

Post by Frozen Angel »

why are you even discussing about game being single/multi ball.

multiball games are usually announced pregame and if they arent there is nothing we can do but preogressing game to figure it out if its one.

It's simple really. you all need to just relax on making linked reads and create more focused solo reads for day 1 when there ain't more info to go with.

Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty

Post Post #748 (ISO) » Mon Apr 17, 2023 8:52 am

Post by Frozen Angel »

In post 746, Dunnstral wrote: FA are you asking for me to ask LLD something, or are you making your case to the general public in 739
ask it from LLD

Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess

Black
she/her
Twilight Princess

Twilight Princess

Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #749 (ISO) » Mon Apr 17, 2023 8:52 am

Post by Black »

In post 745, Frozen Angel wrote: btw furitive said he finds kuribo a bit sus in this game but didn't elaborate at all. nothing specific about them stick out to me on my initial skim and in on later pages personally but I'l keep in mind for doing an iso sweep when I have more time
If furtive thinks kuribo is sus then I'm locktowning kuribo
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!

Return to “Team Mafia 2023”