TM 2023 | Super Mario Bros Mafia | Game Over!

For Team Mafia 2023 Games and Information
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Mon Apr 17, 2023 9:45 am

Post by Cerberus v666 »

In post 266, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:
In post 233, Cerberus v666 wrote:
In post 181, Fate wrote: oh yeah this one's easy already page 2
VOTE: HighPrincess
I eagerly await the in depth and well reasoned argument based off their *checks notes* 3 posts they had made to that point which I am sure you will never provide. :)
It seems like you picked up on the same issue with Fate's post that I saw, so it's surprising to me that you would also write this:
In post 233, Cerberus v666 wrote:
In post 194, HighPrincessErinys wrote:
In post 192, Fate wrote: Lockscum

kids these days

doesn't nearly have a good a ring as confscum

Now.

For those questioning me, shhhhh, all in due time
That seems like a sketchy refusal to elaborate considering we only know for sure you've seen pages 1 and 2.

I think I missed a post by HPE in here where I was going to call out the beetlejuicing a second time, and instead accidentally posted the part where they threw shade on the person voting them instead. NAGL.
I can take issue with the behavior of both slots. I vaguely recall fate being a spammy player who appears useless until they suddenly become useful, so I don't expect anything to come from them that is well reasoned,especially not at this point.

And I suppose my beetlejuicing sentiment largely came because from my own passive reading of the game throughout the day yesterday, it seemed like the only times HPE said anything really substantive was directly in response to someone attacking them. Arguably an incorrect application of the label, since they weren't just being silent or PURELY fluff, but I think the overall sentiment with regards to that sort of behavior still applied.
GTK a me, currently live, this may be your only chance!
viewtopic.php?f=61&t=78521&p=10688009#p10688009
HighPrincessErinys
HighPrincessErinys
it/its, not they
Mafia Scum
HighPrincessErinys
it/its, not they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: it/its, not they

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Mon Apr 17, 2023 9:49 am

Post by HighPrincessErinys »

In post 274, Jingle wrote: It's worth noting, because if ALL someone is doing is replying to the thread when they're brought up, it likely means they're not interested in solving the game and instead more interested in managing how people see them.
Well it's still waiting on Fate (or Porkens) to do anything. Might have to consider getting back on wgeurts though because it'd probably take an actual proper wagon to get either of them to start talking and no one seems altogether too interested at the moment.
not a person, just a doll~
this one refers to itself in the third person
Get To Know A Doll
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Mon Apr 17, 2023 9:49 am

Post by Cat Scratch Fever »

In post 275, Cerberus v666 wrote: I can take issue with the behavior of both slots. I vaguely recall fate being a spammy player who appears useless until they suddenly become useful, so I don't expect anything to come from them that is well reasoned,especially not at this point.
Sure

To clarify, when you said was NAGL, how did that post strike you as scum indicative instead of town trying to find scum on its wagon?
HighPrincessErinys
HighPrincessErinys
it/its, not they
Mafia Scum
HighPrincessErinys
it/its, not they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Mon Apr 17, 2023 9:52 am

In post 276, HighPrincessErinys wrote: Well it's still waiting on Fate (or Porkens) to do anything. Might have to consider getting back on wgeurts though because it'd probably take an actual proper wagon to get either of them to start talking and no one seems altogether too interested at the moment.
Could folks give me their opinions on Fate and Porkens?
Get To Know A Doll
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Mon Apr 17, 2023 9:53 am

Post by Porkens »

In post 276, HighPrincessErinys wrote:
In post 274, Jingle wrote: It's worth noting, because if ALL someone is doing is replying to the thread when they're brought up, it likely means they're not interested in solving the game and instead more interested in managing how people see them.
Well it's still waiting on Fate (or Porkens) to do anything. Might have to consider getting back on wgeurts though because it'd probably take an actual proper wagon to get either of them to start talking and no one seems altogether too interested at the moment.
That’s a good idea.
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Mon Apr 17, 2023 9:55 am

Post by SirCakez »

Votecount 1.3

HighPrincessErinys (4) - Petapan, Cat Scratch Fever, wgeurts, Fate
wgeurts (1) - Porkens
Petapan (1) - Jingle
Cat Scratch Fever (1) - Radical Rat
Fate (1) - HighPrincessErinys

Not voting (2) - Adorable, Cerberus v666

Power-Up Votes

Porkens (1) - Porkens
Fate (1) - Fate
Adorable (1) - Jingle

Not voting (7) - Adorable, Cerberus v666, Cat Scratch Fever, HighPrincessErinys, wgeurts, Petapan, Radical Rat

(expired on 2023-04-26 11:46:00) remain until day end

With 10 players alive, it takes 6 to reach a majority.
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
HighPrincessErinys
HighPrincessErinys
it/its, not they
Mafia Scum
HighPrincessErinys
it/its, not they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Mon Apr 17, 2023 9:56 am

In post 279, Porkens wrote:
In post 276, HighPrincessErinys wrote:
That’s a good idea.
And what makes you say that? Would you happen to have any... reads to share with us, Porkens?
Get To Know A Doll
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Mon Apr 17, 2023 9:57 am

Post by Cerberus v666 »

In post 277, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:
In post 275, Cerberus v666 wrote: I can take issue with the behavior of both slots. I vaguely recall fate being a spammy player who appears useless until they suddenly become useful, so I don't expect anything to come from them that is well reasoned,especially not at this point.
Sure

To clarify, when you said was NAGL, how did that post strike you as scum indicative instead of town trying to find scum on its wagon?
It was the sequence, not the singular post. Someone votes them, they pop up. Someone else votes them, they do it again, and throw shade on the person who is clearly voting them for no reason they can or will articulate, as though everyone else can't see that Fate obviously has nothing to say. Also not necessarily scum indicative, just badtown indicative at best.
GTK a me, currently live, this may be your only chance!
viewtopic.php?f=61&t=78521&p=10688009#p10688009
Adorable
Adorable
She
Goon
Adorable
She
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Mon Apr 17, 2023 10:08 am

Post by Adorable »

I noticed there is a vote on Fate and I'll join.

VOTE: Fate
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Mon Apr 17, 2023 10:41 am

Post by Porkens »

For now I’m just sheeping you
HighPrincessErinys
HighPrincessErinys
it/its, not they
Mafia Scum
HighPrincessErinys
it/its, not they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Mon Apr 17, 2023 10:48 am

In post 284, Porkens wrote: For now I’m just sheeping you
And why exactly?
Get To Know A Doll
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Mon Apr 17, 2023 11:01 am

Post by Porkens »

Cause I gut your town and I haven’t read enough to c
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Mon Apr 17, 2023 1:46 pm

Post by Jingle »

In post 278, HighPrincessErinys wrote: Could folks give me their opinions on Fate and Porkens?
Koba townreads porkens and I'm vaguely sheeping that for now because I don't have a read of my own. I think Koba's Porkens read is a meta thing, but honestly we didn't spend much time on it before we moved on to other topics. Apparently it's a fairly confident read, which is good enough for D1 for me.

I have a scumread on Fate, but both Koba and Mena tell me my reasoning is weird. I'll make it public when fate has come around and done more.
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Mon Apr 17, 2023 1:52 pm

Post by Jingle »

In post 280, SirCakez wrote: HighPrincessErinys (4) - Petapan, Cat Scratch Fever, wgeurts, Fate
cerbs
I think HPE's reaction to being at L-2 over basically nothing with at least cerbs waiting in the wings pseudo willing to vote is incredibly town, actually. Like, it doesn't seem focused on being in a precarious position and is still just looking to make content. The questions make sense and are mostly probing, the thought processes all check out. I'd wager that there's at least one scum on this wagon, potentially both. Koba wants me to poke Fate for the reason behind pushing here to see if it's just a miscommunication, but honestly a page two scumread on a person with a strange playstyle and then noping out of the thread doesn't feel 'miscommunication-y' to me.
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Mon Apr 17, 2023 1:57 pm

Post by Jingle »

In post 283, Adorable wrote: I noticed there is a vote on Fate and I'll join.

I'd join if that wouldn't mean unvoting peta, fwiw.
This is a Parachute.
HighPrincessErinys
HighPrincessErinys
it/its, not they
Mafia Scum
HighPrincessErinys
it/its, not they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Mon Apr 17, 2023 2:05 pm

In post 288, Jingle wrote:
In post 280, SirCakez wrote: HighPrincessErinys (4) - Petapan, Cat Scratch Fever, wgeurts, Fate
cerbs
I think HPE's reaction to being at L-2 over basically nothing with at least cerbs waiting in the wings pseudo willing to vote is incredibly town, actually. Like, it doesn't seem focused on being in a precarious position and is still just looking to make content. The questions make sense and are mostly probing, the thought processes all check out. I'd wager that there's at least one scum on this wagon, potentially both. Koba wants me to poke Fate for the reason behind pushing here to see if it's just a miscommunication, but honestly a page two scumread on a person with a strange playstyle and then noping out of the thread doesn't feel 'miscommunication-y' to me.
Fate finally showing up a good while after gamestart, throwing up a page 2 vote and then leaving is like. It is most certainly a Play they have made, not that they've made really any others. It's just hard to get a read on the intent behind it because it's such a weird move but it is also an obliquely anti-town one to make because it is very obvious they weren't really paying attention to the gamestate at that point.
Get To Know A Doll
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Mon Apr 17, 2023 3:21 pm

I'm null on both Fate and Porkens
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Mon Apr 17, 2023 3:24 pm

In post 261, HighPrincessErinys wrote:
In post 256, Cat Scratch Fever wrote: I'm still unsure how why you singled them out for potential scum motivation if their accusations have been the same as others tbh
To clarify: You asked what makes you and peta's accusations different from wgeurts'. This one said the only common link was that you all three said it wasn't posting much of substance, because otherwise only wgeurts was making further accusations in the readwall like with the Jingle thing or power-up talk, etc.
Sorry I missed this earlier. This does make more sense
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Mon Apr 17, 2023 3:42 pm

Feeling rather uncertain of my reads atm, but this is fine for now

---

I've been ambivalent about wgeurts but am going to tentatively say they're town. The thing that threw me for a loop was their early townlean on me when I wasn't feeling engaged in the game yet. It felt like a tmi-y townread made to potentially pocket someone, but thinking about it some more, I think I'm kind of a weird choice for a pocket in this list, especially since I was low effort posting up until that point. My team is feeling good about wgeurts too so that's also a thing

---

Cerberus, can you summarize where you have people at right now?
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Mon Apr 17, 2023 3:58 pm

Post by petapan »

busy day today, lots to catch up on, may be a bit spammy sorry but i like to have separate ideas in separate posts
In post 140, wgeurts wrote: Porkens

Coming in to say that they don't place much stock in early game reads in post 106 and then providing nothing of substance thereafter means I have nothing to really go off really. First had a slight town lean on them as I liked them indicating a Peta town lean in 107 which matched my view, and I could see possible thought process behind 111 leaning scum on Jingle despite disagreeing. But the post made before 107 that very same minute says that they hadn't read the game yet, which eliminates any substance there. Similarly anything of substance regarding his interaction with Jingle is dismissed in post 116. Unsure why people are town leaning here, or is it because of the above too?

my half snapped off gut feeling was the blasé attitude of was more likely to come from town and i thought it'd be funny to make a read on him for a post saying people shouldn't have reliable reads at this point
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Mon Apr 17, 2023 4:18 pm

Post by petapan »

In post 140, wgeurts wrote:Adorable

Adorable is gonna be a pain for me to sort as I didn't like any of their posting at first, with them going from stating they have no reads in post 40, to posting a whole bunch of no substance burger like in 47 and 48 etc. After consulting Xof, apparently this is just how they play and is consistent with a town game they played. Like... post 109 doesn't even make sense? I'd think it self-evident Cerb isn't town piling me there and how can you then use that as the basis for anything? This slot is going to be a headache for me to gauge.

If anything, of note is that they mentioned the double voting mechanic twice in 30 and 67. I'm interested why they were so focused on it?
can confirm this, was in the same game with xof and Adorable (it was the previous TM in 2021) and Adorable was exactly like this. Their playstyle is very...I'd say earnest? That doesn't feel quite like the right word but I don't know how to describe it. From research they are capable of leaning into their play style as scum but overall i think their play here is probably town indicative

i do overall think that wallpost from wgeurts is pretty good and my team has backed me up on that so okay with a town lean on them
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Mon Apr 17, 2023 4:21 pm

Post by petapan »

In post 181, Fate wrote: oh yeah this one's easy already page 2
VOTE: HighPrincess
hi Fate, been a long time, you probably don't remember me, we might've only played once

LLD has a question: why HPE over Jingle? they're both terrible on page 2
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Mon Apr 17, 2023 4:39 pm

Post by petapan »

In post 224, Cat Scratch Fever wrote: I had some towny feelings on Jingle and petapan earlier but am going to be more wary of those slots
this is the correct way to play around both of us
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Mon Apr 17, 2023 4:59 pm

Post by petapan »

In post 230, HighPrincessErinys wrote: Beyond that, going to actually VOTE: Fate. This one wants some more out of you, please.
In post 239, HighPrincessErinys wrote:
In post 232, wgeurts wrote: Porkens is being useless, but that's unfortunately something people do as town as well as scum. So I need more information. Why aren't you voting Porkens over Fate, as he's not exactly giving much either? @HPE
Because this one very much wants Fate to start talking considering they've provided even less than Porkens has. You ARE still on my list, but this one would really like these two to get to generating content, Fate especially.
In post 233, Cerberus v666 wrote: I would appreciate a response to my question about who you are and how you do the mafia things!
If this one is going to sheep, it tries to sheep people it agrees with and trusts, and confidence doesn't usually have much to do with that, it thinks.
Fate not explaining things is Fate-indicative rather than anything alignment based, I'm biased to like the playstyle because it remind me of ye olden days but i don't think anything says a lot

i don't love the vote though because it kind of comes across as an easy surface level thing to push on. how do you feel about the people who
have
posted substantive content? i know you've made mentions elsewhere but i'm looking for a little more depth here
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Mon Apr 17, 2023 5:01 pm

Post by petapan »

cerb mostly comes across as null in everything he's posted so far. but maybe scummy given the lack of solid stances in all that posts. (i have an instinctive bias against quote stripes that has little basis in reality though)
free crypto

Return to “Team Mafia 2023”