Shirou
He/Him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Mon Apr 17, 2023 10:14 am

Post by Shirou »

Fire TRs Mala though

Norwee seems more unsure as I'm trying to convince him of my read while Firebringer smells

To be precise, Firebringer smells like wet dog, says Norwee
"Que será, será. Whatever will be, will be."

"listen i know its funny to say shirou is scum but shirou is just literally crazy"
~Firebringer on town!Shirou
"Not if it was Volpe's PLAN all along that we lim him and when he flips red we think Wooper is scum"
~town!Norwee jokes about scum!Shirou's actual plan
(Aka Volpe14)
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Goodfellas
Shirou
He/Him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Mon Apr 17, 2023 10:15 am

Post by Shirou »

I've time and time again told Firebringer that just because he isn't a dog doesn't mean he can skip on using shampoo, but he WON'T listen to me, ever.

"listen i know its funny to say shirou is scum but shirou is just literally crazy"
"Not if it was Volpe's PLAN all along that we lim him and when he flips red we think Wooper is scum"
(Aka Volpe14)
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Goodfellas
Shirou
He/Him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Mon Apr 17, 2023 10:15 am

Post by Shirou »

In post 301, Shirou wrote: because he
is
a dog

(Aka Volpe14)
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Mon Apr 17, 2023 10:18 am

Post by PenguinPower »

Votecount 1.06

ItalianoVD (2):
Ausuka, DkKoba
DkKoba (2):
ItalianoVD, mastina
Kowahbunga (1):
DeasVail
DeasVail (1):
xofelf
Aisa (1):
DrippingGoofball
Malakittens (1):
Shirou

Not Voting (5): Arko, Kowahbunga, Ydrasse, Malakittens, Aisa

With 13 alive it takes 7 to eliminate.

Day 1 deadline is in (expired on 2023-04-26 08:34:25)
<(") | (")>
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Mon Apr 17, 2023 10:20 am

Post by Malakittens »

I admit when I have a choice of being wrong. I will come back if I feel like Mastina still pings for me. I know a lot of players who have been reading Mastina as town have played with her a lot recently. It’s been a while and I had three scum games in a row with her and I felt similar vibes, but again I could just be wrong and I’m not scared to admit that.

I didn’t really “walk back” on my meta read. I still believe in it, but I’m also going to give Mastina some more chances to post to see if I feel any different.
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.
And maybe, just maybe, that'll take you right where you were supposed to be.

Get to know a Mala~Grey<3 4.7.2015
ItalianoVD
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Mon Apr 17, 2023 10:28 am

Post by ItalianoVD »

Ugghh, gotta catch up. Give me a minute.
I wonder if MH coached Italiano at all or if that was just rock solid scum play start to finish.
- MUSHSHAGANA
I don’t feel like this specific town could have beaten this scum strategy played as strongly as it was.
- MUSHSHAGANA
I'm frustrated with myself that I can't get any sort of read on you.
- Redados
xofelf
xofelf
they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)
Miss Mash

xofelf
Miss Mash

Miss Mash

Pronoun: they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Mon Apr 17, 2023 10:42 am

Post by xofelf »

Vibeslist(no particular order):
Ausuka - idk what a Ausuka scum game looks like, or if I do it didn't stick in my head enough. But I feel good about her, nothing has made me wrinkle my nose.

Aisa - it's funny, i have a strong good feel about her but to make my vibecheck easier, i iso'd her and she has so many less posts than I thought she does. But both Titus and wgeurts think she's town, so that doesn't bother me so much.

DV - This is the good DV posting. If he didn't have some longer ones clarifying what led him to vote the way he has, I'd be much more concerned. It feels a specific kind of way when DV is against you in something(of which I have *much* experience xD), and this ain't that.

Arko - i'd like to see more from Arko. i think they think much in the same way I do when it comes to looking at people, but i'm gonna need more. There were a few things that made me wrinkle my nose, but not so much i need to yeet this into a firepit. So nullish.

DGB - she did a lot with her window of time here, i like this DGB. from what I remember in Ladies Night 3, there's an aggressiveness and cockiness from scum!DGB that I'm just not seeing here. This is subject to change though.
depends how often she pops back in saying she's sorry she forgot about the game

IVD - This is a weird slot. like not bad, but.. there's a couple of times where in a post the tone shifts in a way that doesn't quite feel right. Not that it's fabricated or anything, just.. unless they respond in realtime as they read through a post, i wouldn't think tone would shift halfway through a post rather than being the same tone throughout? I need more from him, null to nosewrinkly.

mastina - girl, as a person i'm fond of you, as a player reading through you is always the hardest my eyes glaze over halfway through a paragraph. but that's on me more than it's on you. Actually though, other than your endless links post which feels like drowning in homework, your posts aren't that bad this game. I do have a question for you though. When Mala brought up that you do mason-claiming as a bad thing, it reminded me of something I had seen in a game ages and ages ago. So I was wondering if you could tell me which game this post from Mainstream Mafia II is referencing and whether it's worth considering as part of your mason meta discussion. Otherwise, i think you're fine.

Ydrasse - I touched on this a bit, I like this Ydra. There's things I'm gonna watch out for if I need to re-evaluate, but this feels like real Ydra, even with her bits, rather than performance Ydra, even with her content posts.

Mala - The first few posts seemed fine, but there's a stronger aggressive presence here than i expect to see from Mala at all. It's probably just frustration and my nosewrinkle is at the intensity of the posts, it just seemed not like the kind of stance Mala would have. That being said, her reasonings in the posts are pretty logical and understandable so this is probably town with strong no bullshit tolerance. There were posts since I started this post, and the back and forth with Shirou definitely is some understandable anger.

Koba - idk what to do with koba. I think they're good? but they have this way of putting me on my guard with how they post. It's like peak fite me energy. Which isn't really AI, but it does influence some of how I see their posts. That being said, I see what they're doing as trying to sort people which is a good thing.

Kowahbunga - whomst???? We've got one post from this guy and it's just "oh, there's 10 pages already. this is a tomorrow problem". And I don't love that at all, even with mentioning the vla. Idk, I'm waiting for him to give us anything. But the bad pool currently has your name on it.

Shirou - The rp is cute and kinda funny. Up until recently, I don't get why so much attention towards Mala in that way. Like... it feels like purposefully getting her riled up again which I don't see how that helps at all? At least not with Mala specifically. There's other players here that you'd learn something from if you approached them that way, but I don't think Mala is one. I could also like the RP enough that I don't look at you closer which worries me about you. But you're probably good.

I'll organize into town pool, null puddle, and nosewrinkles later if anybody needs me to. But like... later, been at this for an hour and body pains are demanding attention.
Xalxe: this is xofelf sometimes we call each other names and other times we share emotions
MattyP: Ur an enigma tho when it comes to circadian rhythm and the traditions we hold dear when it comes to the sun and the moon
Get to reknow a xofelf here
Discord is faster than PMs or sitechat: xofelf#1697
ItalianoVD
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Mon Apr 17, 2023 10:43 am

Post by ItalianoVD »

Just for the record a couple of my teammates (Drixx, Cerebrus) are a little iffy on Mastina for reasons. My paranoia has been getting the best of me and while I initially townlean her, I'm constantly rethinking and reevaluating that read.

Also, I'm suspicious of Ausuka at the moment. I'll say why in a minute, but I'm still catching up.
I wonder if MH coached Italiano at all or if that was just rock solid scum play start to finish.
- MUSHSHAGANA
I don’t feel like this specific town could have beaten this scum strategy played as strongly as it was.
- MUSHSHAGANA
- Redados
Kowahbunga
Kowahbunga
Goon
Kowahbunga
Goon
Goon

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Mon Apr 17, 2023 11:09 am

Post by Kowahbunga »

In post 306, xofelf wrote: this is a tomorrow problem
When you've been out of town and it's 230am before you had a chance to look at this thread, yeah it's a tomorrow problem. Well technically a today problem but an after I get some sleep problem for sure.

DkKoba's reads weird and makes me lean scum on them. If you have to ask how to get town read, it means you're not town.

I don't like any post Koba has made. So I currently would lim there today.

VOTE: Koba

The interaction between mala and mastina has pinged me. My current thoughts is that they're either both scum or both town. I want to town read Mastina because they shared feelings I had about Koba. And because of Koba. So I'm going to assume both Mastina and Mala are town for now.

I'm going to address the person who voted me after I posted in my next post, but this is how I feel after reading through everything so far.
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash

xofelf
Miss Mash

Miss Mash

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Mon Apr 17, 2023 11:12 am

Post by xofelf »

In post 308, Kowahbunga wrote: In post 306, xofelf wrote:
this is a tomorrow problem
When you've been out of town and it's 230am before you had a chance to look at this thread, yeah it's a tomorrow problem. Well technically a today problem but an after I get some sleep problem for sure.
Ah okay, I didn't notice what time it was posted, completely valid then. My apologies.
Xalxe: this is xofelf sometimes we call each other names and other times we share emotions
MattyP: Ur an enigma tho when it comes to circadian rhythm and the traditions we hold dear when it comes to the sun and the moon
Kowahbunga
Kowahbunga
Goon
Kowahbunga
Goon
Goon

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Mon Apr 17, 2023 11:14 am

Post by Kowahbunga »

In post 234, Kowahbunga wrote: I was vla and missed 10 pages. Fun. I will catch up tomorrow.
In post 235, DeasVail wrote: VOTE: Kowahbunga
In post 238, Aisa wrote:
I'll bite. Why?
In post 236, Shirou wrote: VOTE: kowah
Ali finally got to you?
In post 241, DeasVail wrote:
In post 238, Aisa wrote:
I'll bite. Why?
A weird combination of little reasons. I kind of wanted to see how a vote would affect Kowahbunga's catch-up. I'm keen to see where the Italiano pressure goes and so will wait before sharing my full thoughts there but I'm not really feeling the scumread there and Bellaphant also independently reads him as town so I wanted a different place for my vote. And lastly maybe if I tilt my head and squint at it funny I could see Kowahbunga's one post as scummy. Maybe.

Also on your Ydrasse thoughts, despite the fun of TownHunting Inc. I still feel.. cautious about my townread on Ydrasse, because I don't think anything is outside the realm of Ydrasse-scum possibility. But I'm also not so sure that I would be a pocket-target for Ydrasse as scum, and my experience with Ydrasse-town is that content comes out in occasional golden nuggets rather than constantly. The reason for the Mala townread is actually one of the things I liked most. I thought it was a good point that Mala's conviction has been spontaneous rather than in response to pressure and needing to town it up.
This feels like scum attempting to grab some low hanging fruit (me) and start a wagon. Then gets called out on it, but like not even pressed or anything, just someone trying to find out what's up, and in a panic they spill their "evil" "plan". If they really wanted to gauge how I responded to a vote during my catch up... WHY would you say it out loud 7 posts after I mentioned I'm going to catch up tomorrow? It's like they felt they had to explain themselves which is very weird to me.

I'd lim here or Koba today and be happy with it.
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Mon Apr 17, 2023 11:21 am

Post by Malakittens »

I’d probably *not* be ok with a DV elim tho.

It’s more gut than anything. I’ll see if I can get actual words to make this understandable, but for now nothing.

As for xo:
I can be notably aggressive in games. I can also be notably passive in games. It just depends on how I feel that exact moment.
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.

ItalianoVD
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Mon Apr 17, 2023 11:23 am

Post by ItalianoVD »

In post 203, Malakittens wrote: Arkos 201 is scummy btw.

I’m down to yeet him as well.
Don't really see what was so scummy about
In post 206, Arko wrote: I think it's more the teammates in the back of the head that gave me this but there is just something that I don't like at all about mastina. The posts from them are giving me major confusion and a scum-vibe, and plus my teammates are in general consensus that somethin is god damn wrong about it, and even after a short read that I'm redoing I'm agreeing with my teammates.
Have you had a chance to zero in on your thoughts and get a better read on Mastina?
In post 209, Arko wrote: 201 is basically a saying of- I failed basic reading today, but I generally have found a few I'm not liking too well- And at the end basically say I agreed with mala.

Also one random thing to add- What's so towny about italiano anyways. It feels painfully null to me.

Hmm... General thought bowl go (In no order of importance or even alignment lean)
Xof feeling slightly town
Ydrasse feeling slightly town
Mala feeling town
Ausuka feeling null-town
Italiano feeling null- Also mastina interactions feel slightly weird. I'm feeling at least one scum out of it, actually- if you added one other weird person I'd probably say 100% one scum between it but only 2 people makes me pretty sure that I can't tack 100% on that- Because I wouldn't believe that and if I did that would be stupid.

Shirou feeling null-town
Aisa feeling null
More to this? probably will expand the thought bowl once the full reread is done.
I'm melding with your reads apart from Ausuka.

Also, the bolded: I can see why it would be weird, so I guess I should say that I am in a neighborhood with Mastina and others and as I said I initially feel/felt that she is town, but for reasons already stated, I'm questioning that read.
In post 220, DrippingGoofball wrote: I think Deasvail, mastina and DkKoba are town.
Almost
In post 221, DrippingGoofball wrote: Feeling good about Ydrasse and xofelf.
+1
In post 223, DrippingGoofball wrote: Shirou is town.
Also +1
- MUSHSHAGANA
- MUSHSHAGANA
- Redados
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash

xofelf
Miss Mash

Miss Mash

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Mon Apr 17, 2023 11:30 am

Post by xofelf »

In post 311, Malakittens wrote: As for xo:
I can be notably aggressive in games. I can also be notably passive in games. It just depends on how I feel that exact moment.
That's fair, I just didn't recall seeing it before so it took me by surprise.
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Mon Apr 17, 2023 11:39 am

Post by Malakittens »

Part of the reason why I felt 201 is off because I just thought it was lacking in content.
Arko made a comment that his teammates had thoughts and I just found 201 just zero conviction. It’s prob just because of the overslept and read too fast but it just idk ~off~

Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Mon Apr 17, 2023 11:39 am

Post by Malakittens »

Part of the reason why I felt 201 is off because I just thought it was lacking in content.
Arko made a comment that his teammates had thoughts and I just found 201 just zero conviction. It’s prob just because of the overslept and read too fast but it just idk ~off~

DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Mon Apr 17, 2023 11:40 am

Post by DeasVail »

In post 247, DkKoba wrote: good morning - full disclosure I'm busy today till evening

@aisa can you elaborate on your thoughts on Shirou?
@DV what changed your mind on mastina?
My experience with mastina as scum is very much one of smoke and mirrors, where to try and read her is like wading through a deep bog. But here her posts are quite clear and transparent to me. The read on you in 184 both touches on some concerns I had while also showing hints of townie confirmation bias that I think would be difficult for scum to fake. While the OTT-ness in 188 feels very… mastina to me.
TLDR I think mastina’s play has difficult-to-fake townie traits while also being true to who i know mastina to be.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Mon Apr 17, 2023 11:42 am

Post by DeasVail »

In post 310, Kowahbunga wrote:
In post 234, Kowahbunga wrote: I was vla and missed 10 pages. Fun. I will catch up tomorrow.
In post 238, Aisa wrote:
I'll bite. Why?
In post 236, Shirou wrote: VOTE: kowah
Ali finally got to you?
In post 241, DeasVail wrote:
In post 238, Aisa wrote:
I'll bite. Why?
A weird combination of little reasons. I kind of wanted to see how a vote would affect Kowahbunga's catch-up. I'm keen to see where the Italiano pressure goes and so will wait before sharing my full thoughts there but I'm not really feeling the scumread there and Bellaphant also independently reads him as town so I wanted a different place for my vote. And lastly maybe if I tilt my head and squint at it funny I could see Kowahbunga's one post as scummy. Maybe.

Also on your Ydrasse thoughts, despite the fun of TownHunting Inc. I still feel.. cautious about my townread on Ydrasse, because I don't think anything is outside the realm of Ydrasse-scum possibility. But I'm also not so sure that I would be a pocket-target for Ydrasse as scum, and my experience with Ydrasse-town is that content comes out in occasional golden nuggets rather than constantly. The reason for the Mala townread is actually one of the things I liked most. I thought it was a good point that Mala's conviction has been spontaneous rather than in response to pressure and needing to town it up.
This feels like scum attempting to grab some low hanging fruit (me) and start a wagon. Then gets called out on it, but like not even pressed or anything, just someone trying to find out what's up, and in a panic they spill their "evil" "plan". If they really wanted to gauge how I responded to a vote during my catch up... WHY would you say it out loud 7 posts after I mentioned I'm going to catch up tomorrow? It's like they felt they had to explain themselves which is very weird to me.

I'd lim here or Koba today and be happy with it.
What is your plan to achieve a lim that you would be happy with?
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Mon Apr 17, 2023 11:44 am

Post by DkKoba »

i have like 5-10 minutes hello
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*
Pronoun: She

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Mon Apr 17, 2023 11:46 am

Post by Ydrasse »

In post 262, Ausuka wrote: He has elaborated

He thinks given your experience with them in large 241 + the last TM, in which xof had similar posts (and that xofelf is kind of prodge-prone in general, sorry xoffy) you probably did know better, and you also noted something like that in your original post. He thinks that if town!ydrasse has that thought, they don't believe it and don't post it, but scum ydrasse would post it to show that they are thinking about the game and solving and stuff.
i'm uninterested in arguing this point because fmpov his assumption of me/what he thinks i act like is... fundamentally wrong which feels harsh to say but i often have mundane or uninteresting thoughts that i dont always share unless the moment feels right to do so. and also the fact that i wasn't even thinking about "does xof do this normally meta these games" undermines it. i don't think we get anything productive from exclusively this line

however it did ring some alarm bells because i feel like the strongest things i could remember about your posting were ones given by your team to you to post and i was worried that you were being coached but dunn read some and didn't come up with much to say about your slot other than liking a vote that you made on italiano so lol
(dunn thinks italiano is wolfy because of his concern about DGB without saying much among some other posts)
(i'm unsure if i agree but as suspicion was floated before about him might as well share)
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*
Pronoun: She

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Mon Apr 17, 2023 11:46 am

Post by Ydrasse »

i love ignoring p-edits
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Mon Apr 17, 2023 11:46 am

Post by DkKoba »

In post 308, Kowahbunga wrote:
In post 306, xofelf wrote: this is a tomorrow problem

DkKoba's reads weird and makes me lean scum on them. If you have to ask how to get town read, it means you're not town.

I don't like any post Koba has made. So I currently would lim there today.

VOTE: Koba

The interaction between mala and mastina has pinged me. My current thoughts is that they're either both scum or both town. I want to town read Mastina because they shared feelings I had about Koba. And because of Koba. So I'm going to assume both Mastina and Mala are town for now.

I'm going to address the person who voted me after I posted in my next post, but this is how I feel after reading through everything so far.
please tell me more, oh person who has never played with me before.

perhaps if you took 1 look at context that mastina has historically read me as scum when town consistently, you'd see the reason + i dont like being scumread in general

tell us who you think is town - independent of what you think of my slot
ItalianoVD
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Mon Apr 17, 2023 11:47 am

Post by ItalianoVD »

In post 227, DrippingGoofball wrote: Just a thought

Why is Italian VD voting Koba and not me?
Why are thinking I should I be voting you?
In post 229, Shirou wrote:
In post 227, DrippingGoofball wrote: Just a thought

Why is Italian VD voting Koba and not me?
Inactive vs Active suspect dilemma? Welp, he can reply himself I guess

either way, just want to say Ali has said for the fifth time to vote Kowah because she's townleaning most active players

but as I stand here,

I realize,

that I'm gonna bully her again and say no. :good:
Ahhh, don't answer for me. :roll:
In post 230, DrippingGoofball wrote: VOTE: ItalianoVD

This game is too easy.
Oh dang, was it something I said? :igmeou:

You gotta elaborate on this, cause this is just silly.
- MUSHSHAGANA
- MUSHSHAGANA
- Redados
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Community Contributor

Ausuka
she/her
Community Contributor

Community Contributor

Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Mon Apr 17, 2023 11:48 am

Post by Ausuka »

In post 319, Ydrasse wrote:
In post 262, Ausuka wrote: He has elaborated

He thinks given your experience with them in large 241 + the last TM, in which xof had similar posts (and that xofelf is kind of prodge-prone in general, sorry xoffy) you probably did know better, and you also noted something like that in your original post. He thinks that if town!ydrasse has that thought, they don't believe it and don't post it, but scum ydrasse would post it to show that they are thinking about the game and solving and stuff.
i'm uninterested in arguing this point because fmpov his assumption of me/what he thinks i act like is... fundamentally wrong which feels harsh to say but i often have mundane or uninteresting thoughts that i dont always share unless the moment feels right to do so. and also the fact that i wasn't even thinking about "does xof do this normally meta these games" undermines it. i don't think we get anything productive from exclusively this line

however it did ring some alarm bells because i feel like the strongest things i could remember about your posting were ones given by your team to you to post and i was worried that you were being coached but dunn read some and didn't come up with much to say about your slot other than liking a vote that you made on italiano so lol
(dunn thinks italiano is wolfy because of his concern about DGB without saying much among some other posts)
(i'm unsure if i agree but as suspicion was floated before about him might as well share)
Do you think i need coaching
Reach for my hand, I'll soar away into the dawn
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Mon Apr 17, 2023 11:48 am

Post by DeasVail »

DK you’ve asked me about mastina a lot. What are your thoughts on her?

Return to “Team Mafia 2023”