Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Mon Apr 17, 2023 10:30 pm

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

not when you continued to berate and bait me, but it was REALLY important that everyone know you didn't mean it.

not when i asked you to disengage about 3 times but you couldn't bring yourself to do it

not when alisae was complaining about our argument and you needed to chirp in to remind everyone explicitly that i was the worst

and not now when you're describing my interactions with another player as gross and paiting the thread for... attempting to solve the game and not further clog the thread with this.

i tried to walk away. i tried to be done.

and you're still out here making it personal but pretending it isn't and then any response i give you're gonna do this whole song and dance about how much of the victim you are so...

do your dance, please. i'm done. you win. i'm a piece of shit and you're a brillliant hero for standing up to me and putting me in my place.

come get your sash and crown
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Mon Apr 17, 2023 10:30 pm

In post 349, Ythan wrote: I would dm you or something but ongoing game, can you please remember that that's what we're doing here and that I personally like you a lot and that while I suspect you are lying to me I just want to play a game with you and find all the hostility pretty hurtful.

<3
and how will it feel when you find out i'm not lying

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Mon Apr 17, 2023 10:32 pm

gonna blame the end result on me? I'm the bad guy after all, maybe it's my fault that I convinced you I was scum and if i'd only tried just a little harder i could have redeemed myself but no, it's my own damn fault, right?

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Welcome to the Haystack

Pronoun: She

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Mon Apr 17, 2023 10:32 pm

Post by Ythan »

Jeez
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Mon Apr 17, 2023 10:36 pm

Post by Alisae »

I think it’s an emotional read because it doesn’t make sense. LLD wants to kill the 6s. That includes me.
Sure we could be playing off each other, but if this was our aim why would she aim to put me in her wolf pool? That doesn’t make sense. I imagine she would want to keep me alive if we’re wolves together.

Like it’s a read I feel like doesn’t really take into consideration what LLD wants to actually do. I can see a read like this coming from a wolf but I really don’t think that’s the case. I think this is a read that is likely to come from town.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Mon Apr 17, 2023 10:39 pm

the worst part is the check-ins from you where you keep telling me like "oh it's a game, i like you a lot"

that's the worst part

because some part of me goes "right this is supposed to be my friend"

and then i read another snide backhanded potshot or go back and read the "please, LLD vs Ythan" bit, and I just don't know what to do.

I'm legitimately hurt. I'm frustrated, I'm tired, I can't sleep, and you're asking me to check back in with you that everything is okay.

i'd fucking like it to be, personally. i'd love if the line between game and not game was there for me right now and i could go "yep, this is where it is and it's a game".

but I'm struggling with everything right now. I'm on about 4-6 hours of sleep in the past 72. I'm not asking for anyone's fucking pity or to townread me because i'm a fucking meltdown away from a psychotic break, but i told you this,
Friend
and you kept pushing it anyway, to the point of breaking.

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Mon Apr 17, 2023 10:40 pm

i want to tell you "yes, it's okay, we're friends and even if i'm really upset with you right now it's going to be fine"

but i can't seem to write that without bursting into tears and getting angry?

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Mon Apr 17, 2023 10:42 pm

and it's because you keep bringing it up that it hurts more

you say it and then you do the "lld is the villain" thing

you say it in the same breath as all of this

i call you the worst, the tamest possible thing i could say to you in that cirucmstance. trying my best to just... deescalate and calm myself and you still post that whole thing and then turn around like "it's just a game"

it's supposed to be, it is. it's just a game so why do i feel like this

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Mon Apr 17, 2023 10:44 pm

Post by Bellaphant »

In post 354, Alisae wrote: I think it’s an emotional read because it doesn’t make sense. LLD wants to kill the 6s. That includes me.
Sure we could be playing off each other, but if this was our aim why would she aim to put me in her wolf pool? That doesn’t make sense. I imagine she would want to keep me alive if we’re wolves together.

Like it’s a read I feel like doesn’t really take into consideration what LLD wants to actually do. I can see a read like this coming from a wolf but I really don’t think that’s the case. I think this is a read that is likely to come from town.
I'm kind of here but I really/really/really don't want to spend the next 100 pages arguing about whether we should elim only in the sixes, when the answer is only 'maybe'.

Is it optimal? Possibly. Is it correct in this game? Slightly less possibly. Are we ever going to get everyone to do it?

Impossible.

So let's start scum hunting instead?
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Mon Apr 17, 2023 10:46 pm

In post 354, Alisae wrote: I think it’s an emotional read because it doesn’t make sense. LLD wants to kill the 6s. That includes me.

the read makes some kind of sense, i did say i had a reason for not going after you first, it's not the logic of the read, though the logic for the reads is bad

it's the constant positioning where i get baited to be the badguy, i get tilted and frustrated and wound up and it's my own fucking fault for not being more capable of putting a fucking clamp on my emotions and getting myself wound up

the read makes sense, if Ythan believes I'm scum, though Ythan did earlier say he thought I was buddying you so ? that's a bit weird but it's whatever

it's all invalidated by how i'm being right now

people will look at this, get frustrated with my reaction over ythan's much more reasonable looking ones and just kill me

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Mon Apr 17, 2023 10:46 pm

Post by Gimli »

15 pages already wah
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Mon Apr 17, 2023 10:47 pm

Post by Alisae »

In post 358, Bellaphant wrote:

I'm kind of here but I really/really/really don't want to spend the next 100 pages arguing about whether we should elim only in the sixes, when the answer is only 'maybe'.

Is it optimal? Possibly. Is it correct in this game? Slightly less possibly. Are we ever going to get everyone to do it?

Impossible.

I want the other players in mafia game to post
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Mon Apr 17, 2023 10:47 pm

In post 358, Bellaphant wrote:

Impossible.

it's not only, it's one day. One day!

The Day One Elimination Should Be A 6. That's ALL. Read them, read the whole game, but pick the 6 you scumread the most and kill them, at the end of the day.

That's what I'm pitching. Tomorrow, we react to night results to the day 1 flip to... all of it.

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Mon Apr 17, 2023 10:49 pm

Post by Gimli »

if anything aren't the 6s less likely to be scum cause no coordination? like scum wouldn't pile on the number 6
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Mon Apr 17, 2023 10:52 pm

In post 363, Gimli wrote: if anything aren't the 6s less likely to be scum cause no coordination? like scum wouldn't pile on the number 6
no that's

again scum don't know what numbers town pick

so if scum split into 3 different numbers the odds that one of those numbers hits a triple up is much higher than any townie hitting it, by 3:1. Coincidentally about the historical odds that groups of 3+ same number pickers contain at least 1 scum.

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Mon Apr 17, 2023 10:53 pm

fuck i'm gonna come off as condescending becuase i'm frustrated

sorry in advance, gimli

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Mon Apr 17, 2023 10:53 pm

that's an adaptation from our prior open game, trying to not...

this feels like the "town must follow confirmed town" thing all over again so i'm trying to explain it without being condescending but i'm struggling

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Mon Apr 17, 2023 10:54 pm

Post by Menalque »

Of the 363 posts 324 are from 3 players

That’s fully 89%, you’ve done another 2 pages of what is presumably repeating the same argument in the time it took me to shower and get to the metro

Can the three of you please stfu for like 24 hours, I dont care who started it or who is baiting who, if it doesn’t stop I will lim any of you who gets votes at any point in the game because it is that annoying

Pedit: and another 3 since I typed that
"we knew everything... And we knew nothing."
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Mon Apr 17, 2023 10:57 pm

Post by Menalque »

On seconds thoughts sorry, I’m irritable because I’m so low on sleep but pls see that this is not healthy for the game no matter how important you think what you have to say is, please tone it down a bit
"we knew everything... And we knew nothing."
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Mon Apr 17, 2023 10:58 pm

Post by Gimli »

In post 364, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
In post 363, Gimli wrote: if anything aren't the 6s less likely to be scum cause no coordination? like scum wouldn't pile on the number 6
no that's

so if scum split into 3 different numbers the odds that one of those numbers hits a triple up is much higher than any townie hitting it, by 3:1. Coincidentally about the historical odds that groups of 3+ same number pickers contain at least 1 scum.
that just makes 6 the number people picked the most.

otoh the 6 is also the number that contains more townies, cause if scum splitted then its 2/3 or 3/3 town in it

while lets say a number that was only picked once has 0 or 1 scum and 0 or 1 town

you're just discovering 6 was the most picked number in the game and 'figuring out' its more likely to contain scum while forgetting its just the one with the most *PEOPLE* in it

given last time you were extremely loud like this about wanting to control things you were scum, and this is clearly not how to scumhunt, I'll go ahead and ignore it from this point forward since I just explained why I think its wrong

so, okay

any leans on anyone, LLD?
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Mon Apr 17, 2023 10:59 pm

In post 368, Menalque wrote: On seconds thoughts sorry, I’m irritable because I’m so low on sleep but pls see that this is not healthy for the game no matter how important you think what you have to say is, please tone it down a bit
i'd be a hypocrite if i said i didn't understand this at this point, you're fine, trust me you're fine compared to my mess rn

i'm trying to tone it down, i'm not succeeding lol, but i'm trying

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Mon Apr 17, 2023 10:59 pm

Post by Bellaphant »

Your response doesnt really address my point, lld.

I get what you are saying, trust me. But that's kinda ...not the point.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Mon Apr 17, 2023 11:00 pm

In post 369, Gimli wrote:
In post 364, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
no that's

that just makes 6 the number people picked the most.

otoh the 6 is also the number that contains more townies, cause if scum splitted then its 2/3 or 3/3 town in it

while lets say a number that was only picked once has 0 or 1 scum and 0 or 1 town

you're just discovering 6 was the most picked number in the game and 'figuring out' its more likely to contain scum while forgetting its just the one with the most *PEOPLE* in it

given last time you were extremely loud like this about wanting to control things you were scum, and this is clearly not how to scumhunt, I'll go ahead and ignore it from this point forward since I just explained why I think its wrong

so, okay

any leans on anyone, LLD?
the last time i was this loud about wanting to control things was the open Lavos game we just played where you were scum and I was town. That I just referenced.

Also, your logic is wrong.

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Mon Apr 17, 2023 11:00 pm

Post by Bellaphant »

The other issue is, if people are impressionable, like me, the only take away they are gonna have is that the 'reasonable' responses (me, imag, alissy, gimli) are town, and those aren't even particularly good takes!
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Mon Apr 17, 2023 11:01 pm

In post 371, Bellaphant wrote: Your response doesnt really address my point, lld.

I get what you are saying, trust me. But that's kinda ...not the point.
oh i get the point, i get that people aren't gonna do it, but if people are just going to ignore a swath of historical evidence about these kinds of games i struggle to understand why people picked to play the open in the first place.

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us

Return to “Team Mafia 2023”