Amnesiac Mafia: The Movie! That's a Wrap!

For Team Mafia 2023 Games and Information
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #925 (ISO) » Tue Apr 18, 2023 6:29 am

Post by Black »

In post 920, Thestatusquo wrote: I scum lean you and nothing in your answers changed my mind. I don't need to follow up on that because I'm happy with where my vote is at.
See, I'm not buying this. You missed a crucial post explaining my progression from Titus to Drixx, so when you asked about it and I explained my progression, why would you then not go "ok Black's progression makes a little more sense now." Instead you are claiming that the huge post you missed did nothing to change your mind?
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #926 (ISO) » Tue Apr 18, 2023 6:30 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

More importantly I feel like this isn't your town game. When I've seen you play town you are quick to offer opinions and thoughts about almost everything going on and when I've observed you playing scum you have a tendency to sit back and let the game happen and you tend to be much more non-committal.

I think what I'm describing in the first paragraph matches what I expect of scum you much more than town you in the like 4-5 games I've seen.
tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #927 (ISO) » Tue Apr 18, 2023 6:31 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 925, Black wrote:
In post 920, Thestatusquo wrote: I scum lean you and nothing in your answers changed my mind. I don't need to follow up on that because I'm happy with where my vote is at.
See, I'm not buying this. You missed a crucial post explaining my progression from Titus to Drixx, so when you asked about it and I explained my progression, why would you then not go "ok Black's progression makes a little more sense now." Instead you are claiming that the huge post you missed did nothing to change your mind?
I fundamentally don't think that post makes sense dude.
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #928 (ISO) » Tue Apr 18, 2023 6:33 am

Post by Pink Ball »

My initial townlean on Black, even when I wasn't planning it, has solidified into a townread
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #929 (ISO) » Tue Apr 18, 2023 6:34 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

go read some of her scum games.
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #930 (ISO) » Tue Apr 18, 2023 6:34 am

Post by Black »

In post 926, Thestatusquo wrote: More importantly I feel like this isn't your town game.
When I've seen you play town you are quick to offer opinions and thoughts about almost everything going on and when I've observed you playing scum you have a tendency to sit back and let the game happen
and you tend to be much more non-committal.
I have no idea how you can interpret me this game as "sitting back and letting the game happen" when I
have
I've offered opinions and thoughts on almost about everything. This read doesn't make sense at all
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet

Post Post #931 (ISO) » Tue Apr 18, 2023 6:35 am

Post by Pink Ball »

You talkin' to me? @Shea
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #932 (ISO) » Tue Apr 18, 2023 6:35 am

Post by Black »

In post 927, Thestatusquo wrote: I fundamentally don't think that post makes sense dude.
How does it not make sense?
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #933 (ISO) » Tue Apr 18, 2023 6:36 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 930, Black wrote:
In post 926, Thestatusquo wrote: More importantly I feel like this isn't your town game.
When I've seen you play town you are quick to offer opinions and thoughts about almost everything going on and when I've observed you playing scum you have a tendency to sit back and let the game happen
and you tend to be much more non-committal.
I have no idea how you can interpret me this game as "sitting back and letting the game happen" when I
have
I've offered opinions and thoughts on almost about everything. This read doesn't make sense at all
I gave 3 examples where I think you have been completely ignoring important parts of the game.

@pink ball yes it was at you.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #934 (ISO) » Tue Apr 18, 2023 6:37 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

Like how is it a good faith response to say "I haven't been ignoring things!" while ignoring the things I literally listed that you have been almost completely silent on?
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #935 (ISO) » Tue Apr 18, 2023 6:37 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

Eh fuck it VOTE: Black that's not a real response.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #936 (ISO) » Tue Apr 18, 2023 6:38 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

All you said about pink ball was "shea seems like he's being unfair but I'm sus of pink ball" and then you haven't commented on him since.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #937 (ISO) » Tue Apr 18, 2023 6:39 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

I've pressed you multiple times on dragon vs feysal because it seems like a very critical keystone read to me in this game and almost every time you've basically been like "oh I don't know."
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #938 (ISO) » Tue Apr 18, 2023 6:43 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

You were ignoring me until I started attacking you again.

At the start of this conversation you had this to say
In post 885, Black wrote:
In post 879, Thestatusquo wrote: I also feel like black has been avoiding me and not commenting on me at all which reads to me like she knows I was a little suspicious of her and is worried that if she makes me notice her it will turn into a full on scum read.
That's funny, I thought it was weird how you avoided my Titus post. I thought you would engage since you seem to know her well

I've commented on you some but you're not really pinging me that much either way atm
but now you're acting like you've been scum reading me like literally 20 minutes later. The only thing that changed is I started pressing you again.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #939 (ISO) » Tue Apr 18, 2023 6:44 am

Post by Dunnstral »

TSQ you keep accusing people of ignoring you and I think you're just not being clear since it seems to happen so often. I can't off the top of my head tell you what the 3 examples you gave were or what this latest argument was based off of.
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #940 (ISO) » Tue Apr 18, 2023 6:44 am

Post by Black »

In post 924, Thestatusquo wrote: I don't feel like you're trying to solve the game.
I feel like you're focusing in neat little spots and ignoring wide swaths of the game in order to do it. I feel like you're playing a reactionary game where you pick spots where it feels safe for you to jump in and interact and not taking sides on important parts of the discussion.

I think your titus case felt fake. I think that your progression and follow up was bad. I think there was no real conviction behind it in the first place which is incongruous with how you presented it at the time.
I get the impression that if other people had jumped on you would have kept voting it.
I think your vote on drixx could be distancing because it doesn't feel super well explained to me. I don't like how you used it to jump off titus because it feels convenient. Your original attack on titus felt like omgus to begin with.

I feel like you've only commented on important parts of the game when I've pressed you (i.e. dragon vs. feysal i.e. all of firebringers ISO. I.e. pink ball) and in those spots your answers have been fence sitty and non-committal.
I play this way as town too, so why is this suddenly AI to you?

Not having conviction in things is like the number one thing about me early D1. I'm much more solid in my stances later in the game after flips and associatives. You know this. I know you do

You're purposefully being obtuse then because I've explained it twice now

Again, "fence sitty" and "non-committal" are not scum tells for me. You've read all my games and you know this
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #941 (ISO) » Tue Apr 18, 2023 6:45 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 939, Dunnstral wrote: TSQ you keep accusing people of ignoring you and I think you're just not being clear since it seems to happen so often. I can't off the top of my head tell you what the 3 examples you gave were or what this latest argument was based off of.
Ok THIS isn't a real post.

Literally read dude
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #942 (ISO) » Tue Apr 18, 2023 6:46 am

Post by Black »

In post 934, Thestatusquo wrote: Like how is it a good faith response to say "I haven't been ignoring things!" while ignoring the things I literally listed that you have been almost completely silent on?
Dude, I haven't been purposefully ignoring things. If I haven't commented on it then I either don't have a strong opinion either way yet or I'm keeping it close to my chest. I don't think it's scummy that I'm not liveposting every thought that I have
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #943 (ISO) » Tue Apr 18, 2023 6:47 am

Post by Black »

In post 938, Thestatusquo wrote: but now you're acting like you've been scum reading me like literally 20 minutes later. The only thing that changed is I started pressing you again.
You've been null to me for like 3 days now. I've been trying to figure out why I don't TR you and I finally was able to put it into words
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet

Post Post #944 (ISO) » Tue Apr 18, 2023 6:47 am

Post by Pink Ball »

In post 933, Thestatusquo wrote: @pink ball yes it was at you.
I will, but at this point Black has been pretty much contributing and the only times that she has been out of focus has been when either you or Titus call her scummy for not contributing, making it a self-fulfilling prophecy rather than the factual truth
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #945 (ISO) » Tue Apr 18, 2023 6:48 am

Post by Drixx »

In post 839, Black wrote:
In post 828, Drixx wrote: Titus... I'm your huckleberry. Convinced, you might say.
What does this mean?
Titus knows what it means, and whenever she's up for it then she can respond and she knows I'll back it. She and I have played together quite a lot, and I'm really trying to avoid previous landmines we've been so determined to step upon in prior games.
In post 848, Black wrote: I've been thinking about my Titus read a lot since I posted it yesterday. She hasn't even responded yet and I'm already doubting it

The way Drixx responded to my case makes me feel way worse about it. The OMGUS/delusions of grandeur felt like a forced read to show Titus "see? look, we're not scum together"

and I get the vibe that Drixx's had nervous energy behind it which would explain him wanting to gain townie points from Titus by discrediting my case

Then we have and this just feels like a pocketing attempt

I still want to hear from Titus regarding her motivations after the conclusion of her interrogating me but I'm less confident in her alignment than I was yesterday
LOL. There is literally no conceivable world where if I were scum, I would be able to pocket Titus. All you need to do is filter games we both played in to see how many times Titus has been willing to torpedo the game to get me roped when I was town ... because she (like Mastina) would rather lose with me than lose TO me. There's simply no rational space to consider it a possibility.

But points to you for at least trying to get out ahead of what you must now realize is me telling Titus that I agree with her read on you and will push it when she's ready.
In post 862, Save The Dragons wrote: pg 20
dont like drixx
I guess I don't like you either. Please feel free to make a list of reasons for the dislike though. Those in game who have played with me will likely be interested and it will give them things to chew on if they're even bothering to try and sort me today.

In post 876, Black wrote:
In post 869, Titus wrote: My motivations are that I think you're scum
That's not really what I'm asking for. I want to know why you don't want to vote me/convince others I'm scum. But I don't want you to have to do this now. I'm totally fine waiting for this conversation
I'm shocked that you're totally fine with a delay in a push on you. Shocked, I tell you!

In post 894, Black wrote:
In post 889, Thestatusquo wrote: I missed this but reading it now I don't really understand it and I still don't really understand why it changes anything for you? Why are drixx and titus unaligned?
I thought I explained it ok. I guess not

In my head, Drixx seems like nervous scum that was caught off guard by Titus SRing him so quickly. It seems like he was trying to show Titus that he's not scum with me by discrediting my case in the way that he did followed by the pockety post

I don't think Titus and Drixx are scum together in this world view
ROFL. Please go find a game where Titus doesn't have a scumread (or a faked scumread) on me. I'll wait. Titus literally blew up a guaranteed town win in a Varsoon game (in a hugely toxic way, not for nothing) because she so vastly preferred to lose with me than TO me. That one almost broke our friendship, as I recall.

Suffice it to say that Titus SRing me is literally a constant in the universe. To suppose it would catch me off guard is ridiculous.

In post 924, Thestatusquo wrote: I don't feel like you're trying to solve the game. I feel like you're focusing in neat little spots and ignoring wide swaths of the game in order to do it. I feel like you're playing a reactionary game where you pick spots where it feels safe for you to jump in and interact and not taking sides on important parts of the discussion.

I think your titus case felt fake. I think that your progression and follow up was bad. I think there was no real conviction behind it in the first place which is incongruous with how you presented it at the time. I get the impression that if other people had jumped on you would have kept voting it. I think your vote on drixx could be distancing because it doesn't feel super well explained to me. I don't like how you used it to jump off titus because it feels convenient. Your original attack on titus felt like omgus to begin with.

I feel like you've only commented on important parts of the game when I've pressed you (i.e. dragon vs. feysal i.e. all of firebringers ISO. I.e. pink ball) and in those spots your answers have been fence sitty and non-committal.
This is really good way to put it. Black seems to be dipping into the game opportunistically and it doesn't feel organic. Given that I'm not scum, I do need to disagree with the "distancing" bit tho.

TSQ can be town.
Get to know a Drixx - Recently Updated!
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet

Post Post #946 (ISO) » Tue Apr 18, 2023 6:48 am

Post by Pink Ball »

I told Black she looked way less "multi tasking" than her other town games, I don't feel that way anymore and realized that I was getting blindspotted via Titus and Shea
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #947 (ISO) » Tue Apr 18, 2023 6:50 am

Post by Drixx »

In post 944, Pink Ball wrote:
In post 933, Thestatusquo wrote: @pink ball yes it was at you.
I will, but at this point Black has been pretty much contributing and the only times that she has been out of focus has been when either you or Titus call her scummy for not contributing, making it a self-fulfilling prophecy rather than the factual truth
Check out Black in ISO and then go back and see how it looks in comparison to the way the game is flowing. It LOOKS super opportunistic and reactionary. Also tally up Black's responses/questions by slot and see where she is and is not paying attention. It should be illuminating.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #948 (ISO) » Tue Apr 18, 2023 6:51 am

Post by Drixx »

In post 946, Pink Ball wrote: I told Black she looked way less "multi tasking" than her other town games, I don't feel that way anymore and realized that I was getting blindspotted via Titus and Shea
I haven't looked at any other games yet as I didn't want to spoil my initial impressions. If Black's play was organic, you would expect the distribution of engagement to look WAY different than it does.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #949 (ISO) » Tue Apr 18, 2023 6:51 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 940, Black wrote:
In post 924, Thestatusquo wrote: I don't feel like you're trying to solve the game.
I feel like you're focusing in neat little spots and ignoring wide swaths of the game in order to do it. I feel like you're playing a reactionary game where you pick spots where it feels safe for you to jump in and interact and not taking sides on important parts of the discussion.

I think your titus case felt fake. I think that your progression and follow up was bad. I think there was no real conviction behind it in the first place which is incongruous with how you presented it at the time.
I get the impression that if other people had jumped on you would have kept voting it.
I think your vote on drixx could be distancing because it doesn't feel super well explained to me. I don't like how you used it to jump off titus because it feels convenient. Your original attack on titus felt like omgus to begin with.

I play this way as town too, so why is this suddenly AI to you?

Not having conviction in things is like the number one thing about me early D1. I'm much more solid in my stances later in the game after flips and associatives. You know this. I know you do

You're purposefully being obtuse then because I've explained it twice now

Again, "fence sitty" and "non-committal" are not scum tells for me. You've read all my games and you know this
I strongly disagree. I think there is extreme differences in your town and scum game, and earlier in this conversation you said you werent in fact doing this, so which is it?

It's not about conviction, its more about avoid the conversations entirely. You don't do that as town.

You are saying you've explained it but I don't think your explanation makes sense. It seems like an excuse rather than a reason to me.

Again, I strongly disagree. In hollow knight you were very strong in your convictions and even though you changed your mind frequently you didn't shy away from giving them or having them. The issue, once again, is that you seem to be avoiding large swaths of the game entirely and only comment on them when I press you on them. The answers being fence sitty and non-committal is only me saying I find your engagement with me to be pretty lackluster but the bigger problem is that without asking I couldn't think of what your thoughts on dragoneater are. I can't think of what your thoughts on firebringer are. Show me you're actually paying attention to those things? Your answers don't show me that you are or that you care about them. That's fundamentally the problem. You could help me off this read if you could give me a break down of firebringer or feysal or dragoneater that suggests to me that you care about the answer. That's the fundamental thing thats missing.

Return to “Team Mafia 2023”