Amnesiac Mafia: The Movie! That's a Wrap!

For Team Mafia 2023 Games and Information
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #1000 (ISO) » Tue Apr 18, 2023 7:37 am

Post by Klick »

1000 boom
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1001 (ISO) » Tue Apr 18, 2023 7:37 am

Post by Pink Ball »

In post 998, Black wrote:
In post 997, Pink Ball wrote: @Black are you restraining yourself from tunneling on purpose? If so, who would you be tunneling right now?
I don't think so? I think this change has already developed within my playstyle to the point where I'm catching it subconsciously. But then again I don't think anyone has been scummy enough to tunnel, so I'm not sure
Had to ask. It's not happening to me, but maybe people who have read your meta have this feeling not that you're doing something different, but that you feel disingenuous in this game and that would be true if you're actually restraining yourself.
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet

Post Post #1002 (ISO) » Tue Apr 18, 2023 7:38 am

Post by Pink Ball »

In post 1000, Klick wrote: 1000 boom
Masterpiece post
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1003 (ISO) » Tue Apr 18, 2023 7:39 am

Post by Save The Dragons »

first

again
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #1004 (ISO) » Tue Apr 18, 2023 7:41 am

i still think drixx is scummy i guess
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #1005 (ISO) » Tue Apr 18, 2023 7:41 am

im sorry that i'm scum reading you shea but i think there's something there i got to explore
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1006 (ISO) » Tue Apr 18, 2023 7:44 am

Post by Drixx »

Don't be sorry for scumreading anyone. It's the heart of the game. I just wanted reasons to interact with.
Get to know a Drixx - Recently Updated!
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea
Shea

Post Post #1007 (ISO) » Tue Apr 18, 2023 7:45 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 1005, Save The Dragons wrote: im sorry that i'm scum reading you shea but i think there's something there i got to explore
I don't blame you because like I said I purposefully try to stay in my scum range all the time but I feel like this is the first game I have tryharded in in a very long time so it still felt...crappy.

Explore away. I'll keep trying to find scum while you're exploring. Like I said I like where you're poking besides me and clearly we strongly disagree on black.
tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #1008 (ISO) » Tue Apr 18, 2023 7:46 am

i know but it sounded like he was affected by it

i'm a very vibey player and i sort of play by sense of smell, i don't really make cases and if i do they're pretty shoddy because the truth is i kind of go with my gut
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1009 (ISO) » Tue Apr 18, 2023 7:47 am

Post by Drixx »

In post 1008, Save The Dragons wrote: i know but it sounded like he was affected by it

i'm a very vibey player and i sort of play by sense of smell, i don't really make cases and if i do they're pretty shoddy because the truth is i kind of go with my gut
"Gut" is just your brain trying to alert you to something, if it's legitimate. IMO.
Get to know a Drixx - Recently Updated!
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #1010 (ISO) » Tue Apr 18, 2023 7:47 am

i like it because i think people get annoyed by it, especially scum. i feel like drixx's response is a little more "caught for the wrong reasons" than shea's
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet

Post Post #1011 (ISO) » Tue Apr 18, 2023 7:51 am

Post by Pink Ball »

In post 614, Pink Ball wrote: make scum angry since they don't like when town is being townread for bad reasoning
That's the correct way of playing as town @StD so keep doing it
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess

Black
she/her
Twilight Princess

Twilight Princess

Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1012 (ISO) » Tue Apr 18, 2023 7:51 am

Post by Black »

In post 1007, Thestatusquo wrote: I don't blame you because like I said I purposefully try to stay in my scum range all the time but I feel like this is the first game I have tryharded in in a very long time so it still felt...crappy.
Can you elaborate on the things you do to try and stay in your scum range, and would you say you're doing them this game even though you're tryharding?
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea
Shea

Post Post #1013 (ISO) » Tue Apr 18, 2023 7:57 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 1012, Black wrote:
In post 1007, Thestatusquo wrote: I don't blame you because like I said I purposefully try to stay in my scum range all the time but I feel like this is the first game I have tryharded in in a very long time so it still felt...crappy.
Can you elaborate on the things you do to try and stay in your scum range, and would you say you're doing them this game even though you're tryharding?
A good example is I am incredibly performative as town. I know I'm prone to gusto and performative posting as scum so I deliberately do it as town in order to stay balanced.

Another example is posting things like read lists. I actually think they're generally pretty useless but people tend to town read the effort behind them so I like to do them as scum for town cred sometimes which means I have to do them as town too even though I think they're mostly noise.

I would say yes I am being deliberately performative in my interactions with you because I know I would be as scum.
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet

Post Post #1014 (ISO) » Tue Apr 18, 2023 7:58 am

Post by Pink Ball »

In post 963, Thestatusquo wrote: I told you how you can help me find a town read on you and it involves sharing thoughts in depth on the parts of the game that I feel like you've been ignoring and actually feeling like you care. You can start with firebringer vs feysal vs dragoneater, your choice.
Shea I haven't commented about our first engagement and the subsequent post you made about my lack of engagement, but I felt at that point that you were pushing for LhF rather than actually wanting to solve be. Now that I've seen how you've pushed Black, I believe that you are actually trying to solve, but the way you do it gives no space to the players to develop and you tend to scumread said players. I don't know if that's you making those players look scummier or a bias you have; I'm more inclined to the latter right now. If that's true, maybe giving Black some space is the right course of action right now if you actually want to get a grasp on her alignment, rather than keep pushing and pushing.
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet

Post Post #1015 (ISO) » Tue Apr 18, 2023 7:59 am

Post by Pink Ball »

In post 1014, Pink Ball wrote: wanting to solve be
To solve me*
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea
Shea

Post Post #1016 (ISO) » Tue Apr 18, 2023 8:00 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

Do you really think I would conceive of your slot as low hanging fruit? That doesn't feel like a real thought you would have?

As for black I am explicitly already giving her space now. I think I've made it very clear why I have a problem with how she's approached this game and what she can do to make me feel more comfortable about her slot.
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet

Post Post #1017 (ISO) » Tue Apr 18, 2023 8:04 am

Post by Pink Ball »

In post 1016, Thestatusquo wrote: Do you really think I would conceive of your slot as low hanging fruit? That doesn't feel like a real thought you would have?
I don't recall having played together before this game. You thinking that you could start a wagon on me when I was being underwhelming is not a long shot, is it?
In post 1016, Thestatusquo wrote: As for black I am explicitly already giving her space now.
Maybe I missed it but good to know. Are you thinking of focusing in something or someone in particular right now?
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea
Shea

Post Post #1018 (ISO) » Tue Apr 18, 2023 8:15 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

We haven't played together, no. But I know who you are and we've interacted a bit in site ideas.

I also don't think my scum game really involves much going for low hanging fruit in the early game and I struggle to see why that would be a reason to scum read someone. Like what do you think my motivation would be? Just start a wagon on you and hope you never post?
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet

Post Post #1019 (ISO) » Tue Apr 18, 2023 8:23 am

Post by Pink Ball »

In post 1018, Thestatusquo wrote: We haven't played together, no. But I know who you are and we've interacted a bit in site ideas.

I also don't think my scum game really involves much going for low hanging fruit in the early game and I struggle to see why that would be a reason to scum read someone. Like what do you think my motivation would be? Just start a wagon on you and hope you never post?
No yeah I know we know each other, but I think the mafia realm is a whole different thing so believing that I could be LhF is not something outside of the box.

More than actually hoping that I never post, it is a good strategy to jump on someone that's being underwhelming to subvert them and get them in a position where they'll continue to be underwhelming even if they try to get outside of that.

This could be me projecting my own old meta where I used to jump eagerly into games being funny and trying to be friendly only to find people scumreading me and not being able to contribute at all after that, bear in mind. But my initial thought about your approach on my slot didn't feel like that, it felt like what I described early in this post: subverting me to leave me out of the game early.
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet

Post Post #1020 (ISO) » Tue Apr 18, 2023 8:28 am

Post by Pink Ball »

I have another reason to be paranoid about that early interaction with you that it's too 'paranoiay' even for me but I can talk about it if needed.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea
Shea

Post Post #1021 (ISO) » Tue Apr 18, 2023 8:49 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 1019, Pink Ball wrote:
In post 1018, Thestatusquo wrote: We haven't played together, no. But I know who you are and we've interacted a bit in site ideas.

No yeah I know we know each other, but I think the mafia realm is a whole different thing so believing that I could be LhF is not something outside of the box.

More than actually hoping that I never post, it is a good strategy to jump on someone that's being underwhelming to subvert them and get them in a position where they'll continue to be underwhelming even if they try to get outside of that.

This could be me projecting my own old meta where I used to jump eagerly into games being funny and trying to be friendly only to find people scumreading me and not being able to contribute at all after that, bear in mind. But my initial thought about your approach on my slot didn't feel like that, it felt like what I described early in this post: subverting me to leave me out of the game early.
Do you think you've continued to be underwelming? I kind of think you have even though I haven't pressured you for it because I got distracted elsewhere, but I still don't feel like you've been very forthcoming with reads at all.
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet

Post Post #1022 (ISO) » Tue Apr 18, 2023 8:52 am

Post by Pink Ball »

In post 1021, Thestatusquo wrote: Do you think you've continued to be underwelming?
No, I don't think so anymore. I haven't given a wide spectacle of my reads but I'm doing that on purpose now, but there other ways of contributing and I'm doing it
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea
Shea

Post Post #1023 (ISO) » Tue Apr 18, 2023 8:54 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

I would describe you very much as being in the background this game. Would you say thats an accurate description of your town play?
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet

Post Post #1024 (ISO) » Tue Apr 18, 2023 8:57 am

Post by Pink Ball »

Hah it's funny that you're asking that. No, I wouldn't describe my town game as that, but I am absolutely aiming for that in this particular game, because of my last TM game, on 2021

Return to “Team Mafia 2023”