Amnesiac Mafia: The Movie! That's a Wrap!

For Team Mafia 2023 Games and Information
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea
Shea
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1075 (ISO) » Tue Apr 18, 2023 2:47 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

If theres one thing that annoys me in games of mafia its people who are like oh I disagree about a thing but by the way I haven't actually really read the thing.

It's a scum tactic and if you're town its just incredibly annoying. Do your homework.
tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea
Shea

Post Post #1076 (ISO) » Tue Apr 18, 2023 2:49 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

Though if I think of the motivation behind what you're doing the thing that feels most likely to me is an attempt to pocket black, so that's an interesting thing to think about wrt her alignment at least.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea
Shea

Post Post #1077 (ISO) » Tue Apr 18, 2023 2:51 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

I think I'm letting this game get to me too much emotionally but it just annoys me SO MUCH when people don't even take the time to engage with something, then complain about it while shading it at the same time.

I'm gunna take a break from the thread for a bit see y'all later.
BlueSnakelet
BlueSnakelet
He/It
Goon
BlueSnakelet
He/It
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/It

Post Post #1078 (ISO) » Tue Apr 18, 2023 2:51 pm

Post by BlueSnakelet »

Black's not going to townread me for it, that's for sure. Not after that last game.
Let he who is with sin, and loves it, cast the final stone.
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess

Black
she/her
Twilight Princess

Twilight Princess

Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1079 (ISO) » Tue Apr 18, 2023 3:09 pm

Post by Black »

In post 1078, BlueSnakelet wrote: Black's not going to townread me for it, that's for sure. Not after that last game.
Ngl, when I first read your my first thought was "why is Blue trying to pocket me?" but your following responses made me feel like you actually believe what you're saying

It actually made me want to go back and read Newbie 2117 and I see similarities in my play. The main difference is in this game I've been getting 2v1'd from the jump. You can tell I'm trying to solve here (even if it's in my own little way) but apparently I can't help but respond to people calling my stuff weak and bad. I don't know if this is a scumtell but I have it when I'm town. I can't help but respond to people and I don't like leaving stuff unanswered or misinterpreted

@Shea, I don't think your is fair. Yeah I agree there was a condescending tone to the way Blue was describing you/Titus, but you took it to a different level here. I also don't like you refusing to cooperate with Blue when he asked you for a summary. You have every right not to give him one but it just felt like he was willing to work with you and you weren't reciprocating that. And this isn't the first time you've gotten mad at someone for disagreeing with your read on me. I'm trying to figure out the motivation behind this

@Titus, Hollow Knight was my first game on the site 4 months ago. You can ask FB - I was in over my head. I didn't know anyone. If you want a more recent representation of my town game you can check Newbie 2117 mentioned above. I'm happy to answer any questions you have
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess

Black
she/her
Twilight Princess

Twilight Princess

Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1080 (ISO) » Tue Apr 18, 2023 3:11 pm

Post by Black »

Tomorrow I'm going to try to focus less on the people directly engaging with me and look at things I've been putting off digesting for later
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1081 (ISO) » Tue Apr 18, 2023 3:13 pm

Post by Drixx »

In post 1080, Black wrote: Tomorrow I'm going to try to focus less on the people directly engaging with me and look at things I've been putting off digesting for later
Such as?
Get to know a Drixx - Recently Updated!
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #1082 (ISO) » Tue Apr 18, 2023 3:31 pm

Post by Titus »

@Black, I looked at the first few posts of that game and my point stands.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #1083 (ISO) » Tue Apr 18, 2023 3:40 pm

Post by Save The Dragons »

Blue, got any other thoughts?
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #1084 (ISO) » Tue Apr 18, 2023 3:47 pm

Post by T-Bone »

Spoiler: Scene 6
[The camera shows a dimly lit alleyway, where the Detective and the Informant are meeting.]

Detective: [suspiciously] So, what did you find out?

Informant: [nervously] The Voice is planning something big. I don't know what it is, but it's going to be bad.

Detective: [leaning in] Where and when?

Informant: [whispering] I don't know the exact location, but I overheard them saying it would happen tonight.

Detective: [nodding] Alright, thanks for the info. But remember, if you're lying to me, you're dead.

Informant: [backing away] I swear, I'm telling you the truth.

[The Detective watches as the Informant scurries away, then pulls out his phone and dials a number.]

Detective: [into the phone] Yeah, it's me. The Voice is planning something tonight. We need to assemble the team.

[The camera then cuts to a montage of the various characters receiving calls and messages, as they gear up and prepare for the upcoming operation.]

[As the montage ends, the camera shows the team, including the Detective, the Assassin, the Hacker, the Thief, and the Sniper, huddled together in a van, as they drive to the location.]

Detective: [addressing the team] Alright, this is it. The Voice is planning something big, and we're here to stop them. Remember, we're a team, and we stick together.

[The camera then shows the team entering a warehouse, guns drawn, as they prepare to take down the Voice and their minions.]

[As the action intensifies, the camera shows the team taking out wave after wave of the Voice's henchmen, as they make their way to the inner sanctum.]

[Finally, they burst into the room, where the Voice is sitting at a desk, surrounded by guards.]

Voice: [smirking] I've been expecting you.

Detective: [pointing his gun] It's over, Voice. We have you surrounded.

[The Voice chuckles, as the guards level their weapons at the team.]

Voice: [smiling] You may have won this round, Detective, but I'll be back. And when I am, you won't be so lucky.

[As the Voice and their guards make their escape, the team looks on, victorious but wary.]

[The camera then fades to black, as the words "To Be Continued" appear on the screen.]

Vote Count
DragonEater70 - 4
(Kuribo, Frozen Angel, Drixx, Feysal)
Frozen Angel - 3
(Titus, Dunnstral, Save The Dragons)
Black - 2
(Klick, Thestatusquo)
Firebringer - 1
(DragonEater70)
Feysal - 1
(Firebringer)
Klick - 1
(Pink Ball)
Drixx - 1
(Black)

Not Voting - 2
(BlueSnakelet, GuyInFreezer)

With 15 Alive, It Takes 8 to Eliminate

Activity Check:
All Good!

Deadline: (expired on 2023-04-25 17:00:00)
My Top 40 Alt Songs of the Year!

"Playing in a Newbie game doesn't count" ~ PenguinPower, Feb 2019
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #1085 (ISO) » Tue Apr 18, 2023 4:02 pm

Post by Firebringer »

i am here for live chat for 30 minutes
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1086 (ISO) » Tue Apr 18, 2023 4:04 pm

Post by Titus »

FA or Black, who is townier?
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1087 (ISO) » Tue Apr 18, 2023 4:06 pm

Post by Pink Ball »

In post 1085, Firebringer wrote: i am here for live chat for 30 minutes
How are you doing? I’ve never in my time here seen you post saying you’re having a difficult time
BlueSnakelet
BlueSnakelet
He/It
Goon
BlueSnakelet
He/It
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/It

Post Post #1088 (ISO) » Tue Apr 18, 2023 4:08 pm

Post by BlueSnakelet »

I'll look into Black's case on Titus tomorrow. I should be sleeping already.
In post 1083, Save The Dragons wrote: Blue, got any other thoughts?
Of the top of my head:
I townread Dunnstral. I had already listed this as a "Aisa" read, but it has been upgraded to a "me" read.
For me, Drixx looks worse than TSQ in the TSQ + Drixx vs Black.

I realize that I haven't payed any attention at all to Frozen Angel. I'll add that to the list of things to look into.
Let he who is with sin, and loves it, cast the final stone.
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #1089 (ISO) » Tue Apr 18, 2023 4:08 pm

Post by Firebringer »

some unsubstantive thoughts regarding what ive missed as far as discussion matter.

Feysal i owe responses. That one post explaining how your brain works differently has definitely put how you word things into a different light for me and kind of made me read your posts in the voice of a different scummer which makes me feel a little certain on my scumread on you.

I like StD posting, kind of wondering why he going harder this fast in this game but its team mafia. He needs to tell Ceph that he smells. i guess good vibes puts him further into townlean but like just cause i like him.

Thestatusquo, i think would probably be going about this game quite a bit differently as scum. I think alisae has a lot of problems with the way in alisae words that shea appears to be just discrediting or throwing shade everywhere and to me i don't think thats whats happening. in a certain areas i don't agree with shea pushing, but to me it looks sorting or it at least doesn't look strategic as i thought it was earlier. Like i think shea has a strategy if he is going to just start throwing shade around as fast and quick as he is doing. I think he doesn't care how it looks which is plus town. This could be higher effort scum game than hollow knight.

I don't think the way he is handling black now happens in a scum!shea world, unless he suddenly thought pushing black would get him townread? He seems pretty convinced of what he is preaching to me and not just making shit up.

Black....idk get back to me on that? Still kind of in that mindset of Shea or Black
Show
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #1090 (ISO) » Tue Apr 18, 2023 4:08 pm

Post by Firebringer »

In post 1086, Titus wrote: FA or Black, who is townier?
Black
Show

Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #1091 (ISO) » Tue Apr 18, 2023 4:09 pm

Post by Firebringer »

In post 1087, Pink Ball wrote:
In post 1085, Firebringer wrote: i am here for live chat for 30 minutes
How are you doing? I’ve never in my time here seen you post saying you’re having a difficult time
Difficult time with what. My personal life?
Show

Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #1092 (ISO) » Tue Apr 18, 2023 4:11 pm

Post by Firebringer »

I am doing fine though pinkie thanks for asking
Show

Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #1093 (ISO) » Tue Apr 18, 2023 4:17 pm

Post by Save The Dragons »

Pocketing attempt successful
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1094 (ISO) » Tue Apr 18, 2023 4:19 pm

Post by Titus »

I figured it best to get into the NAI stuff here just in case.

Spoiler: What's going on with me
In late March I went to the ER for some scary symptoms. They ran tests and found only a chest defect I was told was cosmetic. It wasn't. The defect symptoms can, but don't always, get worse as people age.

I struggle with breathing and focusing sometimes. For a minute or two I get occasional blood oxygen crashes that immediately come back up.

The main fix is surgery. I am having my first meeting May 10th. Post surgery I should have a fair amount of mafia time as well. I am playing as a distraction. I am not subbing out. I am not auto town or auto scum for this. It's just setting expectations.

I may VLA and post at the time of surgery. My health is up in the air. Vanishing at any point is NAI.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #1095 (ISO) » Tue Apr 18, 2023 4:20 pm

Post by Firebringer »

In post 838, Feysal wrote: This was from the part where you were accusing Dunnstral for questioning DragonEater. It was Dragon who talked about people townreading him on page 2, and the above sounds like you should be agreeing with Dunn that it was scummy. How did this happen?
No, I think your misunderstanding or i am not making clear. I am saying scum care more about who has positions on who. I.E who townreads who and other areas. Looking back on it, I don't think its all that telling and Dunnstral wasn't reading closely so its not that ailgnment indicative. Also in general i think both alignments care who is townreading their own slot, i care more in terms of figuring out if i think someone is bullshitting a townread on me.

Which as a personal note. I should be investigating those who townread me this game but i just haven't found it necessary due to having a shocking amount of scumreads.
In post 838, Feysal wrote: I'll rephrase to make it clearer then. In one paragraph you said you had not read setups before as both alignments. It was clear that you were referring to mod posts explaining specific game rules and mechanics. But in the next paragraph you said we were amnesiacs, and don't know the setup. It looked like somewhere in between you had switched definitions of the word setup from rules and mechanics to knowledge of existing roles, and that is the part I can't understand. How did that happen?
I think that happened because i was arguing two ideas in my mind of what Dunnstral could be doing or attempting. one was on mechanic/rules which to me is a NAI question to be pushing and the other was an attempt to see it in a 'ohh this is actually attempting something that argues something about hidden knowledge only scum would know" which was the whole existence of roles/background knowledge only scum know. So i didn't make it clear the split between of what could or should be talked about. In one scenario we are talking about. I think the latter was scummy move and other meant nothing. I called out both but didn't really differentiate it in my breakdown/thought process.
Show

Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1096 (ISO) » Tue Apr 18, 2023 4:29 pm

Post by Drixx »

In post 1094, Titus wrote: I figured it best to get into the NAI stuff here just in case.

Spoiler: What's going on with me
In late March I went to the ER for some scary symptoms. They ran tests and found only a chest defect I was told was cosmetic. It wasn't. The defect symptoms can, but don't always, get worse as people age.

I struggle with breathing and focusing sometimes. For a minute or two I get occasional blood oxygen crashes that immediately come back up.

The main fix is surgery. I am having my first meeting May 10th. Post surgery I should have a fair amount of mafia time as well. I am playing as a distraction. I am not subbing out. I am not auto town or auto scum for this. It's just setting expectations.

I may VLA and post at the time of surgery. My health is up in the air. Vanishing at any point is NAI.
Sorry to read this. Just recently had 11 days in hospital with a surgery, so I feel that.
Get to know a Drixx - Recently Updated!
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #1097 (ISO) » Tue Apr 18, 2023 4:30 pm

Post by Firebringer »

Hope everything turns alright Titus.
Show

Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #1098 (ISO) » Tue Apr 18, 2023 4:32 pm

Post by Firebringer »

In post 1094, Titus wrote: Vanishing at any point is NAI.
okay but i think i am going to read your doctor as scum if you are gone too long
Show

Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1099 (ISO) » Tue Apr 18, 2023 4:49 pm

Post by Pink Ball »

In post 1091, Firebringer wrote: Difficult time with what. My personal life?
I meant this:
In post 1026, Firebringer wrote: Need to take a breather.
I can't recall you bringing personal life into a game, so I thought for you to post this it had to be difficult times. But good to know you're doing fine!

Return to “Team Mafia 2023”