Amnesiac Mafia: The Movie! That's a Wrap!

For Team Mafia 2023 Games and Information
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1675 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2023 12:46 pm

Post by Pink Ball »

Where’s Dunn to deescalate this????

In all seriousness, Drixx is there a chance that is STD’s play style that’s infuriating for you rather than his read? Seems like a clash of old school vs new school of playing mafia rather than something else, I don’t see how you could get bothered by a scumread that you believe has no substance
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1676 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2023 12:57 pm

Post by Drixx »

In post 1675, Pink Ball wrote: Where’s Dunn to deescalate this????

In all seriousness, Drixx is there a chance that is STD’s play style that’s infuriating for you rather than his read? Seems like a clash of old school vs new school of playing mafia rather than something else, I don’t see how you could get bothered by a scumread that you believe has no substance
Oh it's definitely the rapid fire posting of nonsense combined with the bad logic combined with the earlier refusal to put up a case. So yeah ... all style.
Get to know a Drixx - Recently Updated!
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet

Post Post #1677 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2023 1:03 pm

Post by Pink Ball »

What I mean by style is that calling someone a scumread without giving much reasoning is something that is much more common nowadays
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet

Post Post #1678 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2023 1:05 pm

Post by Pink Ball »

If we could use analytics to see how much the word “vibe” is being used… I love vibe reads
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1679 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2023 1:07 pm

Post by Drixx »

In post 1678, Pink Ball wrote: If we could use analytics to see how much the word “vibe” is being used… I love vibe reads
I don't. "Gut" is when your brain sees something that you don't realize. It's also something that relies upon tone of voice, body language, where someone is looking when they say something, etc... and almost none of that is available in a text only game. "Vibe" is another word for "lazy" and provides way too much room for scum to operate without anything to hold them accountable.

Say you have a "vibe" read that X person is scummy and get the lynched, and then you have the easiest possible excuse ever because you never commit anything to it.

That is, frankly, bad play.
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet

Post Post #1680 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2023 1:11 pm

Post by Pink Ball »

It is how it is. As I said, old vs. new school. Vibe reads are more than that, but I can understand that you think that’s all they are.

And speaking of old school, ‘lynch’ is prohibited now because of how that word is charged historically speaking; that’s why we often use “eliminate” or “lim” today.
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet

Post Post #1681 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2023 1:12 pm

Post by Pink Ball »

I assume you didn’t know, but please avoid using it in the future!
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1682 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2023 1:13 pm

Post by Drixx »

I'm sorry ... are you being serious?
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet

Post Post #1683 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2023 1:14 pm

Post by Pink Ball »

Did you ever get to analyze Black’s real time interactions back when we talked about them?
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1684 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2023 1:15 pm

Post by Drixx »

So I went and looked at the rules, and apparently you're being serious. So noted and I'll attempt to refrain from using the word. I've been using it in live mafia games for like 30 years though, so hopefully I can avoid slips.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1685 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2023 1:18 pm

Post by Drixx »

In post 1683, Pink Ball wrote: Did you ever get to analyze Black’s real time interactions back when we talked about them?
You mean to see if interactions were just proximity to other people active at the same times of activity? I have not. That will require a lot more attention and actual evaluation by me as opposed to what I did before. Not very straightforward to automate that really.
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet

Post Post #1686 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2023 1:19 pm

Post by Pink Ball »

Oh I was looking for the post to quote it but yeah it was pretty obvious you were using it because you’re used to it and with no ill intent so don’t worry about it
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet

Post Post #1687 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2023 1:20 pm

Post by Pink Ball »

In post 1685, Drixx wrote:
In post 1683, Pink Ball wrote: Did you ever get to analyze Black’s real time interactions back when we talked about them?
You mean to see if interactions were just proximity to other people active at the same times of activity? I have not. That will require a lot more attention and actual evaluation by me as opposed to what I did before. Not very straightforward to automate that really.
it’s ok, I’m trying to give you something to focus instead of StD
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #1688 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2023 1:24 pm

Post by Firebringer »

you know what this game needs?
Some firebringer light hearted shit posting posts.

Too bad i am exceptionally busy.

If game slows down. I promise to bring the fun back into this game.
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1689 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2023 1:25 pm

Post by Drixx »

In post 1687, Pink Ball wrote:
In post 1685, Drixx wrote:
it’s ok, I’m trying to give you something to focus instead of StD
Sure. So ... nothing Black has posted since then has changed my opinion. I guess I just need to spend some time after work tonight and do the ISO with comments to point out the problems.
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1690 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2023 1:51 pm

Post by T-Bone »

Ircher replaces BlueSnakelet effective immediately.
My Top 40 Alt Songs of the Year!

"Playing in a Newbie game doesn't count" ~ PenguinPower, Feb 2019
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #1691 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2023 1:52 pm

Post by Firebringer »

Ohh noes?
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1692 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2023 2:10 pm

Post by Feysal »

I am at last caught up to present day.
In post 1412, kuribo wrote: I've come to the conclusion that TM's pissing contests this year are my punishment from the mafia gods for fifteen years worth of making everyone else sit through my pissing contests.
Quoting this just for making me laugh. But yes, I don't think these fights are helping much.
In post 1476, Black wrote: Oh. I don't see any pressure shifting to me tbh. I think PB comes out of that looking way worse, and since then Fey/StD have upgraded me to a full townread.
To be honest, I was still catching up when I wrote that post, and had not seen your exchange yet. But it has no effect on my read of either of you.
In post 1602, Black wrote: I'm leaving. I didn't even want to play today and I should have trusted that feeling.
Hope you feel better when you come back.

I am townreading you, but I'm also townreading Pink Ball, and I wish you could see eye to eye or at least agree to disagree. If I understand right, your suspicion was based on the theory he was sitting on a scum read from page 2 and refusing to elaborate, correct? And that he would have put his case together to stave off the pressure? I think there is something you may have missed, and which Pink Ball may have forgotten:
In post 956, Pink Ball wrote: Right now I'm building my scumcase on DragonEater though.
Pink Ball has clearly been promising this case for a while now. The fact that he finished and posted it after being pressured by you was probably just coincidence. I think you are barking up the wrong tree, so to speak. Nothing good is going to come out of shouting matches - I could not read Firebringer objectively either until I had calmed down. I don't regret it happening, it was as good a place to get involved as any, and if we were going to clash over different playstyles and approaches, better get it out of the way on day one I suppose.

I don't know Pink Ball, and could not say why he wanted to reveal his case like this, but that link he shared shows he clearly has done this before as town. Perhaps he just likes the theatrics, perhaps he wanted to make a big splash so people would notice. If so, it seems to have worked.
In post 1682, Drixx wrote: I'm sorry ... are you being serious?
I'm afraid he is. I seriously hate the new three-letter word, it is only more sinister. Nothing in this world ever got solved by making up a new word for a problem and pretending that makes it go away.

But it is the rule now. I have chosen to use the word execute.
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #1693 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2023 2:29 pm

Post by Save The Dragons »

In post 1579, Save The Dragons wrote: @anyone

Thoughts on drixx?
im still kinda waiting for an answer here i feel a lot of people have avoided drixx

i mean if drixx is just town and i could be wrong that's fine it doesn't make me bad it just means i'm wrong on drixx

but i'm not getting a lot of feedback
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #1694 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2023 2:29 pm

drixx if it's cool with you i'm gonna keep doing what i'm doing and you can just ignore me that would be great
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea
Pronoun: He / Him / His

Post Post #1695 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2023 2:40 pm

Post by Ircher »

UNVOTE:

I will likely start reading tomorrow.
Links: User Page | GTKAS
Do you have questions, ideas, or feedback for the Scummies? Please pm me!
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #1696 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2023 2:47 pm

Post by kuribo »

Before I start posting this evening, I just want to let everyone know that my upper respiratory whatever has caught up with me and they sent me home from work early. I've barely slept in three days, I'm sore, I'm tired, I'm vomiting, and I have no patience for foolishness. So if any of you say "oh hey there's kuribo lemme just drag him into some foolishness," I'd politely ask you not to. None of us really want my brand of foolishness mixing in with the general foolishness mass. So no foolishness. Also no shenanigans.

So my promised thoughts on Pink Ball:

I've been leaning town on Pink Ball for quite some time. It's not a super super strong lean, I do have other stronger leans. Pink Ball's posting in this game have a more free and easy tone than what I experienced with PB when he was third party. It does seem like PB is trying to figure the game out and poke at the leads where he feels he's found them. I'm also a bit partial to the poking PB did on Klick.

Thing about PB is that my town lean is a lot of gut. Okay, I get it, people don't like to hear that, but I do play on gut and general vibe I get from people. Especially considering I've removed the whole "HEY YOU IGNEOUS IDIOT 1V1 ME" toxicity from my arsenal. And I mean, that's an adjustment for me because watching how people react to that kind of relentless mania was like... my entire style. That and OMGUS.

So also, I do like PB's #1122, even if I don't agree with a lot of the reads. Disagreeing with me on reads doesn't make someone scum as long as I can understand there's a basis or a progression. Or if you've conjured an ancient entity to reveal the secrets of the game to you, that also works for me.

More recently, I'm considering PB's interactions with Black and later Dunn to be town-motivated. Of the three, I kinda feel like PB came out looking the towniest of them. The DragonEater case is interesting on the surface and seems well-thought out. I'm still not super thrilled on Dragon's slot, even if I'm willing to give it some breathing room thanks to Shea, so I appreciated PB explaining his mindset toward the slot.

Finally, one thing about reading emotional interactions is that you can often pick up associative tells between players, even on day 1. Not like, rock-solid stuff, but more things to keep note of if one person later flips scum. You may disagree with me on that, but I've done it before and I've been spot on many times. These are mainly hypothetical and they're mostly for my own thought process to keep in mind, so I guess it's hard to explain. Like, I can be town reading someone and say to myself, "Well, if I'm wrong and they're scum, their buddies probably aren't within X or Y, but maybe Z or W." With that in mind, I feel moderately confident that IF either PB or Black is scum, they're not buddies together. Dunn is kind of a wild card here and if either PB or Black flipped scum I'd have to re-evaluate the entire exchange along with Dunn's interjection. There are a couple of other associative pairings / non-pairings that I've picked up on and I'll get into those a bit more as well.

More posting coming after I hit the cough syrup again. Shoulda got the stuff without the acetaminophen and guafinesen so I could completely dissociate and just post from the shadowrealm instead. Ah shit, no wonder I'm vomiting, fuckin mucinex.
Join me on my quest to play every NES game! Some of them are awful.

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea

Post Post #1697 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2023 3:10 pm

Post by Ircher »

I read page one. I have a scum read on Save the Dragons and a town read on Firebringer.
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #1698 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2023 3:19 pm

In post 8, Save The Dragons wrote: Also first
My posts on page 1 for reference
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea

Post Post #1699 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2023 3:22 pm

Post by Ircher »

Your defensiveness is noted.

Return to “Team Mafia 2023”