He/Him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #800 (ISO) » Fri Apr 21, 2023 9:14 am

Post by Shirou »

In post 798, DrippingGoofball wrote:
LOCKTOWN Shirou
If you call me locktown in capslock like this I'm can't help but BLUSH, DGB!

"Que será, será. Whatever will be, will be."

"listen i know its funny to say shirou is scum but shirou is just literally crazy"
~Firebringer on town!Shirou
"Not if it was Volpe's PLAN all along that we lim him and when he flips red we think Wooper is scum"
~town!Norwee jokes about scum!Shirou's actual plan
(Aka Volpe14)
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #801 (ISO) » Fri Apr 21, 2023 9:15 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

I'm thinking Ausuka is scum tjat knows Koba is town.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #802 (ISO) » Fri Apr 21, 2023 9:16 am

I am thinking that Ausuka is scum that knows Koba is town.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #803 (ISO) » Fri Apr 21, 2023 9:17 am

:oops: It was worth repeating.

Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Goodfellas
Shirou
He/Him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #804 (ISO) » Fri Apr 21, 2023 9:20 am

Post by Shirou »

In post 803, DrippingGoofball wrote: :oops: It was worth repeating.
It was!

Probably?!

If Arko wagon doesn't happen as we approach deadline would you then be willing to become my new BESTIE and stand in SOLIDARITY with me on Ausuka wagon? :cop:
"Que será, será. Whatever will be, will be."

"listen i know its funny to say shirou is scum but shirou is just literally crazy"
~Firebringer on town!Shirou
"Not if it was Volpe's PLAN all along that we lim him and when he flips red we think Wooper is scum"
~town!Norwee jokes about scum!Shirou's actual plan
(Aka Volpe14)
Kowahbunga
Kowahbunga
Goon
Kowahbunga
Goon
Goon

Post Post #805 (ISO) » Fri Apr 21, 2023 9:23 am

Post by Kowahbunga »

I'm not currently caught up with the thread. I was checking Discord and Cephir has made it abundantly clear that xofelf is as town as town gets this game. Cephrir has requested that anyone scum reading xofelf should be killed.

Ydrasse is also a town lean for Ceph.

Save the Dragons has also given me a town read on Ausuka after I asked them to ISO them for me while I am at work.
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Community Contributor

Ausuka
she/her
Community Contributor

Community Contributor

Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #806 (ISO) » Fri Apr 21, 2023 9:28 am

Post by Ausuka »

In post 794, Shirou wrote:
In post 789, Ausuka wrote: Also the irony of your read on me vs your read on Italiano is pretty palpable.
In your own words:
In post 643, Ausuka wrote: come on the guy just is not here that's different.
But also, you're dismissing his read list as "activity bases sorting" at the same time he has Aisa/Malakittens (not inactive but not that active) as top town reads over me, by far the most active one.

You can say his ISO is bad without trying to dismiss everything he has done, I feel he has pushed a gamesolve including town reads in far less time than you've been here for.
If he was leaning scum on me early I don't see any reason for him to be so vague about his suspicion and shut me down when I was asking why he thought my vote was scum and just repeat "it's my perception" - at the time, he said he was very interested in my vote on him as something that was scummy, but that response of "because I said so" does not make sense if that's the case - just refusing to both show the thought process of his read and get a better read on me through discussion of what happened. I don't see how that makes sense as sorting.

His readslist was also just, like, a list? Looking at the reasoning and thoughts he gave, the activity thing and the early thing about me voting him that he refused to elaborate about is all there is in his entire ISO and he has quite a lot of posts.
Reach for my hand, I'll soar away into the dawn
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Community Contributor

Ausuka
she/her
Community Contributor

Community Contributor

Post Post #807 (ISO) » Fri Apr 21, 2023 9:28 am

Post by Ausuka »

In post 802, DrippingGoofball wrote: I am thinking that Ausuka is scum that knows Koba is town.
why
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #808 (ISO) » Fri Apr 21, 2023 9:43 am

Post by PenguinPower »

Votecount 1.13

ItalianoVD (3):
Ausuka, DeasVail, DkKoba
DkKoba (2):
mastina, Kowahbunga
Ausuka (2):
ItalianoVD, Shirou
Shirou (1):
Malakittens
Arko (1):
DrippingGoofball
DeasVail (1):
xofelf

Not Voting (3): Arko, Aisa, Ydrasse

With 13 alive it takes 7 to eliminate.

Day 1 deadline is in (expired on 2023-04-26 08:34:25)

Mod Notes
  • mastina v/la through 4/21
<(") | (")>
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #809 (ISO) » Fri Apr 21, 2023 10:13 am

In post 804, Shirou wrote:
In post 803, DrippingGoofball wrote: :oops: It was worth repeating.
It was!

Probably?!

If Arko wagon doesn't happen as we approach deadline would you then be willing to become my new BESTIE and stand in SOLIDARITY with me on Ausuka wagon? :cop:
You won't have to beg me.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #810 (ISO) » Fri Apr 21, 2023 10:14 am

In post 776, Ausuka wrote: Your argument was surprisingly boring and based on the idea that 180s are scummy. Like, I don't care about Koba's meta, they aren't scummy period.

I don't see why you expect me to engage with your points when you have totally ignored mine the entire time
For this post.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #811 (ISO) » Fri Apr 21, 2023 10:16 am

How much of the Italiano wagon is antipathy?

Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Community Contributor

Ausuka
she/her
Community Contributor

Community Contributor

Post Post #812 (ISO) » Fri Apr 21, 2023 10:17 am

Post by Ausuka »

In post 810, DrippingGoofball wrote:
In post 776, Ausuka wrote: Your argument was surprisingly boring and based on the idea that 180s are scummy. Like, I don't care about Koba's meta, they aren't scummy period.

I don't see why you expect me to engage with your points when you have totally ignored mine the entire time
For this post.
Ok but why does saying 180s aren't scummy mean I know koba is town
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #813 (ISO) » Fri Apr 21, 2023 10:39 am

You said "they aren't scummy period.'

That's the kind of certainty that only scum can boast of... especially with a player as impenetrable as Koba.

Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Community Contributor

Ausuka
she/her
Community Contributor

Community Contributor

Post Post #814 (ISO) » Fri Apr 21, 2023 10:41 am

Post by Ausuka »

I don't think koba can't be scum. Shirou was making a big deal of "Well, everyone says that doing scummy things is NAI for them, you shouldn't care and you should kill them anyway cos scum say that." But doing a 180 isn't scummy in the first place.

I guess this explanation is believable at least shrug
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #815 (ISO) » Fri Apr 21, 2023 10:41 am

Post by DeasVail »

In post 811, DrippingGoofball wrote: How much of the Italiano wagon is antipathy?
I’m feeling pretty decent about it
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #816 (ISO) » Fri Apr 21, 2023 11:05 am

Post by mastina »

In post 580, mastina wrote:
Mod: V/LA 48 hours

Am passing out rn, need sleep.
Quick update, something is definitely wrong with me medically (my passing out is getting worse, despite an increase in hours slept), but heck if I know what. I already went to the doctor for it, and they are clueless. (I have follow-through blood work a month after my initial blood work to see if I improve. But I am not improving.)

They ordered a cardiologist appointment, which I am currently at, but chances I get answers are...shall we say, quite low.

I did get a peak at my team discord, I saw at least one teammate give thoughts, but I didn’t have the time to read it all.

I'll see about paraphrasing their thoughts and catching up when I am home.

Apologies for the delay.
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her, they/them

Post Post #817 (ISO) » Fri Apr 21, 2023 11:07 am

Post by Aisa »

Spoiler:
In post 369, ItalianoVD wrote:
In post 367, Ausuka wrote:
In post 362, ItalianoVD wrote:
In post 360, Ausuka wrote: What do you think town would have done differently there?

No I wasn't actually scumreading Koba
Town does a lot of different things, so who knows, but I would've taken it in stride and kept an eye on them. My point is why ask a question if your vote is a forgone conclusion. To clarify, I'm not saying your vote was, but that's how I perceived it. You asked, I answered, my answers weren't good enough for you, vote.
Ok, so what about that suggests it was a foregone conclusion? Isn't that just contradictory to the idea that your answers weren't good enough?
My perception. :neutral:
In post 517, Ausuka wrote: I can kind of understand townreading Italiano's ate but I don't think there's anything substantial from him. His play doesn't really feel like genuine scumhunting to me at all.

I think the most egregious part of his play so far was when I asked about his scumread on my questioning and he tried to play it off as "I'm not saying your read was fake, but my perception was that it is" which is obviously bizarre.
When I asked about it he just repeated that it's his perception without like elaborating on the read. It felt like he was saying something he couldn't back up, and it definitely did not feel like a genuine thought process.

On rereading, I think the bolded makes the original interaction sound worse than it was. Italiano's post seems fairly straightforward, he's saying something like "I got this feeling that you were going to scumread me no matter what I said. I'm not saying you were but that's just what it felt like." I think this is a normal thing to say?

Especially because "you were going to scumread me no matter what" is not particularly nice to say to someone who could be town. It implies that the person could be being irrational, asking pointless questions, so it's natural he wanted to sweeten it by clarifying that's the subjective feeling he felt.

What is bizarre to me is that Italiano did not point this out sooner, he votes Ausuka in his next post but didn't say anything.

On the other hand Italiano's push is certainly unusual ("I got the feeling you were going to scumread me no matter what" is probably not going to be persuasive to anyone other than him) so I wouldn't say it's like, amazingly towny either.
In post 517, Ausuka wrote:Other than that push the main things he has done is the AtE, making the shit-stirry comment about DGB and like, making broad strokes about activity instead of actually solving. I think there is a lack of genuine scumhunting in his posts and like I have not seen a compelling reason to townread him aorn.
I think the generic point that he hasn't done that much that is obviously towny is valid.

Just worth saying explicitly that Italiano has mentioned it might just be that his playstyle is unusual and he does strike me as a bit of an unconventional player. And that's what's playing in my mind right now; I don't think the slot is conventionally towny but I'm trying to figure out how to adjust to his character.
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #818 (ISO) » Fri Apr 21, 2023 11:20 am

Post by Aisa »

Oh I see Shirou made a similar point in 768 sorry kinda glossed over that posting earlier
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #819 (ISO) » Fri Apr 21, 2023 11:26 am

Post by Aisa »

I'm down to wagon Italiano today but I find Ausuka's reaction to Shirou's scumread more actively suspicious so I'm gonna hop on here for now.
VOTE: Ausuka
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Community Contributor

Ausuka
she/her
Community Contributor

Community Contributor

Post Post #820 (ISO) » Fri Apr 21, 2023 11:45 am

Post by Ausuka »

In post 817, Aisa wrote:
Spoiler:
In post 369, ItalianoVD wrote:
In post 367, Ausuka wrote:
In post 362, ItalianoVD wrote:
In post 360, Ausuka wrote: What do you think town would have done differently there?

No I wasn't actually scumreading Koba
Town does a lot of different things, so who knows, but I would've taken it in stride and kept an eye on them. My point is why ask a question if your vote is a forgone conclusion. To clarify, I'm not saying your vote was, but that's how I perceived it. You asked, I answered, my answers weren't good enough for you, vote.
Ok, so what about that suggests it was a foregone conclusion? Isn't that just contradictory to the idea that your answers weren't good enough?
My perception. :neutral:
In post 517, Ausuka wrote: I can kind of understand townreading Italiano's ate but I don't think there's anything substantial from him. His play doesn't really feel like genuine scumhunting to me at all.

I think the most egregious part of his play so far was when I asked about his scumread on my questioning and he tried to play it off as "I'm not saying your read was fake, but my perception was that it is" which is obviously bizarre.
When I asked about it he just repeated that it's his perception without like elaborating on the read. It felt like he was saying something he couldn't back up, and it definitely did not feel like a genuine thought process.

On rereading, I think the bolded makes the original interaction sound worse than it was. Italiano's post seems fairly straightforward, he's saying something like "I got this feeling that you were going to scumread me no matter what I said. I'm not saying you were but that's just what it felt like." I think this is a normal thing to say?

Especially because "you were going to scumread me no matter what" is not particularly nice to say to someone who could be town. It implies that the person could be being irrational, asking pointless questions, so it's natural he wanted to sweeten it by clarifying that's the subjective feeling he felt.

What is bizarre to me is that Italiano did not point this out sooner, he votes Ausuka in his next post but didn't say anything.

On the other hand Italiano's push is certainly unusual ("I got the feeling you were going to scumread me no matter what" is probably not going to be persuasive to anyone other than him) so I wouldn't say it's like, amazingly towny either.
In post 517, Ausuka wrote:Other than that push the main things he has done is the AtE, making the shit-stirry comment about DGB and like, making broad strokes about activity instead of actually solving. I think there is a lack of genuine scumhunting in his posts and like I have not seen a compelling reason to townread him aorn.
I think the generic point that he hasn't done that much that is obviously towny is valid.

Just worth saying explicitly that Italiano has mentioned it might just be that his playstyle is unusual and he does strike me as a bit of an unconventional player. And that's what's playing in my mind right now; I don't think the slot is conventionally towny but I'm trying to figure out how to adjust to his character.
I mean I don't think it's super straightforward to say "I'm not saying it was but I perceived that it was" and to refuse to clarify afterwards? And more broadly, even if this is true I don't think it changes that his push on me was stretched and like, again, when I asked about it to see if there was a plausible explanation, he wouldn't indicate what about the things I said gave the impression I was always going to vote him. This is the only reason he's given for scumreading me, who is apparently his strongest read in the game by a lot, and I don't think the interaction (or lack of it) really makes sense for town who is trying to sort me
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #821 (ISO) » Fri Apr 21, 2023 11:53 am

Post by Malakittens »

I haven’t read majority of the game since my vacation.

@Shirou:

Part of the reason why I voted you is because I was drunk, but prior to that I actually didn’t like some of your posts. I also didn’t like how you engaged that 1v1 with me. It’s something that just didn’t sit right with me.

I still have to mull over all those pages in which I still. It just probably will be tomorrow.

Also on a side note:
dV I had a dream with you in it & idk why and how I feel about it LOL
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.
And maybe, just maybe, that'll take you right where you were supposed to be.

Get to know a Mala~Grey<3 4.7.2015
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #822 (ISO) » Fri Apr 21, 2023 11:54 am

Post by Malakittens »

In post 816, mastina wrote:
In post 580, mastina wrote:
Mod: V/LA 48 hours

Am passing out rn, need sleep.
Quick update, something is definitely wrong with me medically (my passing out is getting worse, despite an increase in hours slept), but heck if I know what. I already went to the doctor for it, and they are clueless. (I have follow-through blood work a month after my initial blood work to see if I improve. But I am not improving.)

They ordered a cardiologist appointment, which I am currently at, but chances I get answers are...shall we say, quite low.

I did get a peak at my team discord, I saw at least one teammate give thoughts, but I didn’t have the time to read it all.

I'll see about paraphrasing their thoughts and catching up when I am home.

Apologies for the delay.
Postural hypotension?
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.
And maybe, just maybe, that'll take you right where you were supposed to be.

Get to know a Mala~Grey<3 4.7.2015
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #823 (ISO) » Fri Apr 21, 2023 11:56 am

Post by Aisa »

if this is true I don't think it changes that his push on me was stretched and like, again, when I asked about it to see if there was a plausible explanation, he wouldn't indicate what about the things I said gave the impression I was always going to vote him. This is the only reason he's given for scumreading me, who is apparently his strongest read in the game by a lot, and I don't think the interaction (or lack of it) really makes sense for town who is trying to sort me
Ah, perfect, you've reminded me of something I wanted to say. I agree that all the points you've brought up here are worrying! I don't think his behaviour is especially indicative of town. Which is why I'm ultimately willing to wagon here today!

The caveat I'd give is... I feel like I've seen plenty of townies who could have solved 90% of their problems by elaborating on their thought process in the right way. And who ultimately don't.

Working on a post about your reaction to Shirou's case, btw
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #824 (ISO) » Fri Apr 21, 2023 11:57 am

Post by Aisa »