Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #3675 (ISO) » Fri Apr 21, 2023 4:08 pm

Post by Venmar »

In post 3661, NJAC wrote: What exactly is interesting about 3385 and why do you suddenly need to revisit bbp?

I just thought it was an interesting post; pointing out bpp's interaction with Bub as a forced one meant to build a fake interaction is something I agree with on a surface level after looking at that post. It's not conclusive, but I remember TReading bpp at one point so I was gonna double check and tbh considering bpp's post there was only the 30th post of the game, in hindsight it's a bit less interesting now idk.

In post 3674, Bub Bidderskins wrote:
In post 3672, curiouskarmadog wrote: also noting that Venmar and Bub, are testing the waters for interest in my wagon. you hoping someone else starts it, so you can limp on?
I dunno dude, you sound you're testing the waters for interest in a wagon on me. Hoping someone else starts it, so you can limp on?

I was geared to come up firing on a Hu wagon today based on how they defended Andante but the town flip is forcing me to re-assess.
I'm an optics genius and I think a better description for what I'm doing is "shading"
I swear I'm trying my best

--Expect me to be V/LA from 10am-7pm PST every Mon, Wed, Thurs, Sat, Sun due to work--
Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #3676 (ISO) » Fri Apr 21, 2023 4:09 pm

Post by Venmar »

Wait.

Disregard the bub quote above, I meant to reply to ckd's post below LMAO
In post 3672, curiouskarmadog wrote: also noting that Venmar and Bub, are testing the waters for interest in my wagon. you hoping someone else starts it, so you can limp on?
I swear I'm trying my best

--Expect me to be V/LA from 10am-7pm PST every Mon, Wed, Thurs, Sat, Sun due to work--
NJAC
NJAC
He/His/Him
Mafia Scum
NJAC
He/His/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/His/Him

Post Post #3677 (ISO) » Sat Apr 22, 2023 2:35 am

Post by NJAC »

In post 3498, Skygazer wrote: reaction test aside, i am a traffic analyst and have an inno on StD (they can't communicate)

so maybe don't go there
Is this true?
NJAC
NJAC
He/His/Him
Mafia Scum
NJAC
He/His/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3678 (ISO) » Sat Apr 22, 2023 2:44 am

Post by NJAC »

In post 3514, Skygazer wrote: bruh i know i was trying to prevent you from outting it
Jesus, this is so dumb :facepalm:
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #3679 (ISO) » Sat Apr 22, 2023 4:35 am

Post by Hu Tao »

In post 3416, Skygazer wrote: aight UNVOTE:

reaction test over
VOTE: sky

Fishing obvious town.
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3680 (ISO) » Sat Apr 22, 2023 4:42 am

Post by Hu Tao »

In post 3621, Enchant wrote: By the way.

Ask this question: What benefit Sky has from this blunder as mafia.
Fishing PRs?
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3681 (ISO) » Sat Apr 22, 2023 4:45 am

Post by Hu Tao »

Sky needs to be out of this game. Please vote them
Bub Bidderskins
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #3682 (ISO) » Sat Apr 22, 2023 4:47 am

Post by Bub Bidderskins »

VOTE: CuriousKarmaDog

Reading back on the end of D2 and their ISO, I think it's pretty clear that they're scum. Remember, one of CKD's early thin pushes was on Andante D1. They were parked on that wagon for quite some time...but it seems like every time it got serious they backed off and started attacking the wagon. Like this post towards the end of D1:

In post 1967, curiouskarmadog wrote: not official

Andante (7): Kowahbunga, Venmar, Bub Bidderskins, Flavor Leaf, Skygazer, Gimli, NJAC
Skygazer (5): Save The Dragons, NJAC, Greeting, Hu Tao, KT

also the Andante wagon just looks scummier.

fine..

Vote Skygazer

my vote on Bub isnt helping.
Premptively attacking the lead wagon on someone who's town...and someone they pushed earlier in the day. I should note that at this point it did seem like the momentum was towards Andante getting the ax. Now knowing that Andante was town, this reads like scum trying to dodge getting on the record for pushing a townie while lining up mislims on subsequent days. Remember how hard the Andante wagon was to get going both on D1 and D2? It seems to me like the scum thought townies would push the Andante wagon home and weren't coordinating to help the mis-lim all that much...at least at this point.

Speaking of having a hard time getting the Andante wagon going, we have these posts at the end of D2:
In post 3188, curiouskarmadog wrote:
In post 3178, Kowahbunga wrote: I can't articulate it yet, but I don't like Curious last like 5-10 posts.

It almost feels like they want to come across as disagreeing about Andante, but only so that they can be seen changing their mind.
Ill make it clearer for you. I dont like the Andante wagon. I dont understanding why (now) multiple people say the Andante flop will help them "reassess the game" or "open up the game"

so give a flop what does say about me? if they are scum, am I protecting a buddy? if they are town, am I trying to get town cred?

or maybe...just maybe..

I dont like the wagon and I feel like there is a whole game of scummy people here that would MORE telling if they flipped. TO INCLUDE ME! There has been MULTIPLE people say they thought I was scummy for this reason or that, but are leaning on this wagon.

so how do you "feel" about my posts now. any confusion?
In post 3203, curiouskarmadog wrote:
In post 3199, Flavor Leaf wrote: I can literally go on and on about the different reasons Andante is objectively scum here, and I have, but I haven't done it in the past couple days, because I've been more focused on Hu Tao.

I don't know what to tell ya, CKD. Andante's just scum here, and integrated with the most, so their flip opens up the game more than anyone without a doubt here.
Really at this point, if I joined the Andante wagon after stomping my feet down all day and saying how much I would rather want other people to die....their flip will hurt me either way.

I know ....I know...that isnt a reason to not join a wagon, but I just dont feel like they are scum. Maybe I am wrong. How about this, if you need a hammer....i will do it at the appropriate time and take whatever fucking grief will come.

that being said, what about that Hu wagon?
In post 3303, curiouskarmadog wrote: lol,

okay,

VOTE: Andante

may God have mercy on your soul.
Just so much performative handwringing around the Andante wagon. "I don't like the wagon," "I guess I'll hammer if you need a hammer." This absolutely reads like someone who knew that Andante was flipping town.
Show
Total: 17/15/1
Town: 10/13/1
Scum: 7/2/0
Other: 0/0/0

"Bub Bidderskins-If he's scum, I'll catch him in 2 posts. If he's town, he'll probably be somewhat useful." ~Parama
Bub Bidderskins
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3683 (ISO) » Sat Apr 22, 2023 4:48 am

Regarding sky, Jester is considered a non-normal role, correct? Because if I thought there was a decent chance of a jester in this game I would expect them to be it.
Show

"Bub Bidderskins-If he's scum, I'll catch him in 2 posts. If he's town, he'll probably be somewhat useful." ~Parama
Enchant
Enchant
Hannibal Lecter
Enchant
Hannibal Lecter
Hannibal Lecter

Post Post #3684 (ISO) » Sat Apr 22, 2023 5:03 am

Post by Enchant »

I won't bother to protect sky further because it's kinda her guilt.

I am not voting here either. That's it.
Wizard-Mercenary

You need replacement/players ASAP? PM me! I almost always accept.
NJAC
NJAC
He/His/Him
Mafia Scum
NJAC
He/His/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3685 (ISO) » Sat Apr 22, 2023 5:18 am

Post by NJAC »

In post 3582, Skygazer wrote:
In post 47, Greeting wrote:
In post 38, Bub Bidderskins wrote:
In post 30, ballpointpen wrote: let me play the devil's advocate to your accusation: what you pointed out isn't unique to those two users, since savethedragons (i'll abbreivate to STD if that's ok) also just said "hi" without casting a vote, so wouldn't the same kind of logic apply to them?

and while people do vote for reasons during rvs its redundant because these are completely unaligned reasons that would be the same regardless of rand, so the votes are equally as non-commital and passive as the entrances, and the argument falls apart pretty quickly because of that
Sure, it's just the the timing that seemed a little...eh to me. Sort of "hey, let's show my face so everyone knows I'm cool but not actually try to move towards finding scum>" I'll admit it's weak and I'm not married to this tell, but my general read of scum behavior is that they're like politicans who'll pop in to show themselves but don't actually want to be attached to a wagon.

I'm much more confident in my read that it's very unlikely both Hsu and Kawaii are both scum just because of their interaction. It just seems like scum wouldn't banter with each other about such fluff just right out of the gate.
I'm with
STD
and
Cephrir
on this one.

And, as a matter of fact, one game when I was mafia, I tried pushing a similar point to move up the pace and fake a contribution.
I admit I reread this on N1 and thought it was a crumb, but then saw that Greeting bolds names in every post.
NJAC
NJAC
He/His/Him
Mafia Scum
NJAC
He/His/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3686 (ISO) » Sat Apr 22, 2023 5:25 am

Post by NJAC »

In post 3593, Gimli wrote: but sky, what that means is that when you first fakeclaimed traffic analyst you were literally targeting someone that you actually did think was greeting's mason with a positive result, so that when I outed masons you'd appear like a townie
This is correct. If Sky thought you were the other mason, then outing you with the fakeclaim was not town motivated.
Bub Bidderskins
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3687 (ISO) » Sat Apr 22, 2023 5:39 am

Omg I got around to reading the last 10 pages and it's just... :facepalm:

When I skimmed it before my last post the dumb reaction test didn't register because it was buried and only happened over the course of like 10 posts, but my god.

In post 3685, Enchant wrote: I won't bother to protect sky further because it's kinda her guilt.

I am not voting here either. That's it.
Same. I now kind of regret defending her so much earlier. I still feel like she's a VI, and so I read the earlier cheap pushes on her as scummy, but I'm not going to waste my time anymore.
Show

Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Goodfellas/White Knight
Gimli
he/him
Goodfellas/White Knight
Goodfellas/White Knight

Post Post #3688 (ISO) » Sat Apr 22, 2023 5:45 am

Post by Gimli »

@mod: v/la for the weekend
I'll tie your legs
Keep you against my chest
NJAC
NJAC
He/His/Him
Mafia Scum
NJAC
He/His/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3689 (ISO) » Sat Apr 22, 2023 5:49 am

Post by NJAC »

In post 3597, Skygazer wrote:
In post 3593, Gimli wrote: but sky, what that means is that when you first fakeclaimed traffic analyst you were literally targeting someone that you actually did think was greeting's mason with a positive result, so that when I outed masons you'd appear like a townie
i was thinking you'd do exactly what we did so u could distance urself from the masonry but in hindsight that couldve gone even more stupidly if u were a mason

i drank too much last night and am not operating at 100%

shouldve just stuck to lurking
This is so wrong in all senses.

If Sky thought Gimli was indeed a mason, then she could have not expected that the same interaction happened at all. In case Gimli was a mason, his natural reaction to Sky's fakeclaim and subsequent votes, was to claim mason.

So she wasn't trying to save a mason, she's simply lying.
Kowahbunga
Kowahbunga
Goon
Kowahbunga
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3690 (ISO) » Sat Apr 22, 2023 6:29 am

Post by Kowahbunga »

@mod vla until monday
NJAC
NJAC
He/His/Him
Mafia Scum
NJAC
He/His/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3691 (ISO) » Sat Apr 22, 2023 6:40 am

Post by NJAC »

In post 3673, curiouskarmadog wrote: would like to hear this reassess on the entire game though.
In post 3135, Gimli wrote:
In post 3119, NJAC wrote: Hey everyone!

Can you please order these six players from the scummiest to the least scummy?

{Enchant, Venmar, GIF, Malcolm, Eira, Sky}
I need andante's flip to reassess on this entire game so I can't really answer that well

there was a second person who stated something like this too...need to find.
Kowah.

I'm also waiting the reassessments.
NJAC
NJAC
He/His/Him
Mafia Scum
NJAC
He/His/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3692 (ISO) » Sat Apr 22, 2023 6:49 am

Post by NJAC »

@
Everyone
:

Can you please order (again if you already did) these six players from the scummiest to the least scummy?

{Enchant, Venmar, GIF, Malcolm, Sheep, Sky}
NJAC
NJAC
He/His/Him
Mafia Scum
NJAC
He/His/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3693 (ISO) » Sat Apr 22, 2023 6:57 am

Post by NJAC »

BTW, from those six who didn't vote Kitty on D1, these four also voted Andante on D2:

{Enchant, Venmar, GIF, Sky}

I bet there are two scum there.
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3694 (ISO) » Sat Apr 22, 2023 8:12 am

Post by Hu Tao »

Just vote out sky
NJAC
NJAC
He/His/Him
Mafia Scum
NJAC
He/His/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3695 (ISO) » Sat Apr 22, 2023 8:50 am

Post by NJAC »

In post 3695, Hu Tao wrote: Just vote out sky
I already did.

That doesn't mean we should stop scumhunting.
sheepsaysmeep
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he

Post Post #3696 (ISO) » Sat Apr 22, 2023 8:53 am

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

I feel things but I have to go in like 10 minutes but I'll try to talk quickly

I think I still stand pretty firmly on skygazer wolf

I think the gambit is actually exactly in line with what I was saying about skygazer right before. their whole game is insanely performative. They had already pulled gambits, like reaction testing flavor leaf, that had absolutely no meaningful effect. so I think it's like, very straightforward to conclude they think just doing gambits is something that looks towny and lean to that as a habit. lots of posts that follow like "I should start solving," still no solving (something I had also already described was wolfy before the claim)
the wolf motivations (putting on a performance to seem villagery, drawing out claims) are way way way greater in magnitude than the town motivations (hard for me to see/empathize with rn)
I also feel good about. if skygazer is indeed wolf then Gimli is obv cleared

also ckd is another person who has been on my radar all game so it like feels a bit good to see them gaining attention in modern time

I'd like to direct the quick question to ckd about what is the intention of posting your catch-up notes in thread? like u talk a lot about how town should be questioning the why behind stuff. not a dig I just have seen multiple times the big wall and dont get what the benefit is (besides to appear villager) for others to see those notes, which seem primarily just like an informational summary of what has happened that is just for yourself
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Goodfellas/White Knight
Gimli
he/him
Goodfellas/White Knight
Goodfellas/White Knight

Post Post #3697 (ISO) » Sat Apr 22, 2023 8:58 am

Post by Gimli »

fresh perspective is great

liked that last sheep post a lot btw

VOTE: skygazer
I'll tie your legs
Keep you against my chest
NJAC
NJAC
He/His/Him
Mafia Scum
NJAC
He/His/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3698 (ISO) » Sat Apr 22, 2023 9:25 am

Post by NJAC »

@Gimli:

Please answer .
NJAC
NJAC
He/His/Him
Mafia Scum
NJAC
He/His/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3699 (ISO) » Sat Apr 22, 2023 9:26 am

Post by NJAC »

On another note: I will scumread those who want to end the day phase fast.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”