Amnesiac Mafia: The Movie! That's a Wrap!

For Team Mafia 2023 Games and Information
Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2325 (ISO) » Sat Apr 22, 2023 9:12 am

Post by Feysal »

In post 2022, kuribo wrote:***
In post 1987, Ircher wrote:***
I have a mechanics-related announcement to make. I'm pretty excited for this one, but after last time I made sure to confirm what I'm about to do is allowed and actually works. I've tagged both Kuribo and Ircher above, because I want them to notice this.

I have devised a method to not only confirm Kuribo and Ircher, but all future masons, regardless of whether there are any living masons to vouch for them.

The method works like this. Kuribo can post a list of encrypted messages in thread. Each message has been encrypted using a different key. Kuribo posts the list of keys in the mason PT. 10 messages and 10 keys should be more than we will ever need. And now, every time a mason needs to confirm their mason status, all they need to do is find the next unused key from the list and post it in thread with the next undecrypted message and its plain text translation.

This can be done using an online tool such as this one.

I will give an example. Suppose the next unused secret message is this:
vXTSEfE17f9ndzIH3ojTqFlHgcwa2y37G/EN16FSxUromT8vI/9urgoVTiyIuQjhe+hBBbD6mdIT2M68PPaPB4tBhHRwVQdMb32wwcn4SZg=

And the next unused key in the mason PT is this:
D66EC005F44BA5C3

Enter these in the decryption tool linked above, click "Decrypt" and "Decode to Plain Text", and you will get this secret message:
Deep is our blow, invincible wrath, we have no mercy, no homeland.

Only masons will ever be able to do this, because only masons will have access to the PT where the keys are posted. Even if Kuribo and Ircher both die, using this method even a single mason with no one to vouch for them will be able to confirm that they are a mason.

We can even do this today, if Kuribo and Ircher want to have a test run. One of them can post the secret message, the other posts the key needed to decrypt it.

I don't know if I just broke the game, but if we do this, the potential is
huge
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2326 (ISO) » Sat Apr 22, 2023 9:13 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

In post 2314, Frozen Angel wrote:
In post 2263, DragonEater70 wrote: Wow I haven't been here for a while. Sorryyyyy. Honestly I think my mind is melting due to IRL reasons and it makes me feel intimidated from playing this game which is all about brainpower. But I'll do my best to be more active here now.
Catching up now.
My team is scumreading Drixx and FA so I am gonna look at those two.

First question:
In post 1671, Drixx wrote: I pulled out the specific posts from DE which showed an inorganic progression of "reads" and strong opportunism, and I'm not sure if you caught/reacted to that?
Which posts are those?
"Your team" is scumreading me now huh? not you yourself specifically

who in your team is scumreading me?

and why didn't you still read/respond to my case on you?
Imaginality and Porkens were scunreading you.

I was also scumreading you about 50 pages ago but have not really had time to read your posts (or most of the game) since then. I will do that (read your posts) now as I just finished everything else I have to do for today.

I am not responding to your case on me cause it sucks and I don't have anything to say about it.
If you really want me to explain Klick's case against you in my own words, I will do so.
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2327 (ISO) » Sat Apr 22, 2023 9:17 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

In post 494, Frozen Angel wrote:
In post 480, DragonEater70 wrote: So I am actually going to say Klick is a townlean of mine (and I was also convinced by their case that FA is scummy here).
Why was klick scum leaning me? explain their "case" in your own words please
I think I have but in case I haven't:
Klick was saying they saw a certain attitude from scum!you in a completed game, and linked a post. In the post they linked, you were sort of mega-analyzing and simultaneously attacking/countering somebody else's take (or their assumption, to be precise). Or "hijacking" it, as Klick called it.
Then Klick quoted one of your posts this game (), in which you do almost exactly the same thing. And it definitely smells like something AI.
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2328 (ISO) » Sat Apr 22, 2023 9:24 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

BTW, since you asked nicely,
VOTE: Frozen Angel
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2329 (ISO) » Sat Apr 22, 2023 9:27 am

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 2325, Feysal wrote:
I have a mechanics-related announcement to make. I'm pretty excited for this one, but after last time I made sure to confirm what I'm about to do is allowed and actually works. I've tagged both Kuribo and Ircher above, because I want them to notice this.

I have devised a method to not only confirm Kuribo and Ircher, but all future masons, regardless of whether there are any living masons to vouch for them.

The method works like this. Kuribo can post a list of encrypted messages in thread. Each message has been encrypted using a different key. Kuribo posts the list of keys in the mason PT. 10 messages and 10 keys should be more than we will ever need. And now, every time a mason needs to confirm their mason status, all they need to do is find the next unused key from the list and post it in thread with the next undecrypted message and its plain text translation.

vXTSEfE17f9ndzIH3ojTqFlHgcwa2y37G/EN16FSxUromT8vI/9urgoVTiyIuQjhe+hBBbD6mdIT2M68PPaPB4tBhHRwVQdMb32wwcn4SZg=

D66EC005F44BA5C3

Enter these in the decryption tool linked above, click "Decrypt" and "Decode to Plain Text", and you will get this secret message:

Only masons will ever be able to do this, because only masons will have access to the PT where the keys are posted. Even if Kuribo and Ircher both die, using this method even a single mason with no one to vouch for them will be able to confirm that they are a mason.

We can even do this today, if Kuribo and Ircher want to have a test run. One of them can post the secret message, the other posts the key needed to decrypt it.

huge

How did you word your question? I see something in the game rules for cryptography between games but there is also something in site rules:
10. Do not use cryptography, invisible text, or otherwise take any action that attempts to create an in-game private communication channel in plain sight using out-of-game information or agreements to communicate with some but not all players in a mafia game. You are allowed to provide "breadcrumbs" or crumb, as long as anyone could reasonably understand and interpret the meaning. You are allowed to create in-game communications if you are using information or agreements produced within the same game - for example, if you agree on a code in a game-related PT. Using references to information or agreements produced outside of the game that you know only specific people will be able to understand is not allowed.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #2330 (ISO) » Sat Apr 22, 2023 9:28 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

D66EC005F44BA5C3

huge
I believe that encryption is expressly forbidden by most rulesets
tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner
Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty
Pronoun: She

Post Post #2331 (ISO) » Sat Apr 22, 2023 9:32 am

Post by Frozen Angel »

so my case sucks huh? and you have nothing to say about it?

nothing about how I found you too self aware yet not solving? that I think you don't develop reads but rather sheep them and go on flows?
In post 2327, DragonEater70 wrote:
In post 494, Frozen Angel wrote:
In post 480, DragonEater70 wrote: So I am actually going to say Klick is a townlean of mine (and I was also convinced by their case that FA is scummy here).
Why was klick scum leaning me? explain their "case" in your own words please
I think I have but in case I haven't:
Klick was saying they saw a certain attitude from scum!you in a completed game, and linked a post. In the post they linked, you were sort of mega-analyzing and simultaneously attacking/countering somebody else's take (or their assumption, to be precise). Or "hijacking" it, as Klick called it.
Then Klick quoted one of your posts this game (), in which you do almost exactly the same thing. And it definitely smells like something AI.
That wasn't his meta read though. Like it was sbut you're mixing things. He mentioned 2 different things

The meta read was that he thinks I was "showing a lot of critical/logiacl thought" on very little details in an attempt to discredit than solve and he thinks I did it as scum to them before in a multiball game as well. that post 336 was an example of him mentioning that

his second part (about hijacking) that you quoted without properly explaining, is not about me sheeping others reads. its about how he thinks scum me would be rather reflective of the flow and opportunistic in nature to use that flow for steering the game/blending in.

Klick never responded how that second "meta" is applicable to my play in this game. but apparently you agreed with his meta read and scumread me for it? so explain what did you see in this game that was me sheeping others reads/jumping on their conclusions for my benefit or "hijacking" it as you call it?

Also regarding your team mates scum reading me. I want you to tell me what "each of them" find scummy. Like I want you talk to me as you're 3 different players here with their own scumreads if you're telling the truth and didn't just make that up randomly which I bet you did cause it could not scream more that it's fake
False tears bring pain to those around you
False smile brings pain to one's self

"Frozen Like Your Heart." -Ginngie
Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty

Post Post #2332 (ISO) » Sat Apr 22, 2023 9:32 am

Post by Frozen Angel »

In post 2328, DragonEater70 wrote: BTW, since you asked nicely,
VOTE: Frozen Angel
Couldn't be more honored to be voted by obvscum.

Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2333 (ISO) » Sat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 am

Post by Feysal »

In post 2329, Dunnstral wrote: How did you word your question? I see something in the game rules for cryptography between games but there is also something in site rules:
I wrote three messages in total, explaining what I intended to do, in fact quoting the very rule you did. I got the okay, I just needed to do it in public where everyone would get to see it.
10. Do not use cryptography, invisible text, or otherwise take any action that attempts to create an in-game private communication channel in plain sight using out-of-game information or agreements to communicate with some but not all players in a mafia game. You are allowed to provide "breadcrumbs" or crumb, as long as anyone could reasonably understand and interpret the meaning.
You are allowed to create in-game communications if you are using information or agreements produced within the same game - for example, if you agree on a code in a game-related PT.
Using references to information or agreements produced outside of the game that you know only specific people will be able to understand is not allowed.
I specifically asked about the bolded part. This is exactly what I'm doing here.
Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty

Post Post #2334 (ISO) » Sat Apr 22, 2023 9:37 am

Post by Frozen Angel »

You faked agreeing with klick on that meta read

as you faked your read evolution on dun/fb

as you faked evaluating my read/case on you and having absolutely nothing to say about it when "self-aware" you that was everywhere in the early game if was with a town mindset would not let go of those points

as you faked your "team" scumreading me suddenly as a back track from your own read

as you faked "having a scum read on me now" to drop that vote without 0 evaluation on my slot/motivations/posts and just because I'm hard pushing you and for you to appear consistent

This is just an extremely nervous scum caught.

case closed

Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty

Post Post #2335 (ISO) » Sat Apr 22, 2023 9:39 am

Post by Frozen Angel »

In post 2333, Feysal wrote:
In post 2329, Dunnstral wrote: How did you word your question? I see something in the game rules for cryptography between games but there is also something in site rules:
I wrote three messages in total, explaining what I intended to do, in fact quoting the very rule you did. I got the okay, I just needed to do it in public where everyone would get to see it.
10. Do not use cryptography, invisible text, or otherwise take any action that attempts to create an in-game private communication channel in plain sight using out-of-game information or agreements to communicate with some but not all players in a mafia game. You are allowed to provide "breadcrumbs" or crumb, as long as anyone could reasonably understand and interpret the meaning.
You are allowed to create in-game communications if you are using information or agreements produced within the same game - for example, if you agree on a code in a game-related PT.
Using references to information or agreements produced outside of the game that you know only specific people will be able to understand is not allowed.
I specifically asked about the bolded part. This is exactly what I'm doing here.
That part says for example a scum with night chat only can decide with each other when one of them says butterfly the other uses day vig in game.

its not for encrypted messaging through the day. if you have a private chat you can talk with other person. If you don't you cant. cant just let two people make their own code/private chat in mafia games regardless of setup with encrypted messaging.

Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty

Post Post #2336 (ISO) » Sat Apr 22, 2023 9:43 am

Post by Frozen Angel »

the funniest thing with dragon eater vote here is there never was a klick case on me - just an observation that they themself pointed on some ups and downs of it they could see. and then dragoneater comes, without linking the full picture of the meta read, agreeing with it and dropping fos on me, without even trying to see if meta applies in this game.

and then they repeat the case "in their own word", taking klick words from here and there glueing it together, using a klick post example wrong with the part of meta that is not even a proper example of

and then they drop a vote on me like they just solved my slot with that when in reality they did absolutely nothing to evaluate my slot

Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty

Post Post #2337 (ISO) » Sat Apr 22, 2023 9:48 am

Post by Frozen Angel »

In post 336, Frozen Angel wrote:
In post 331, Klick wrote: Because people like you aren't going to like it!
why do you think I disliked it? I just noted its existence. it doesn't give me any kind of info either way. that's why asked about what was behind the post in his thought process

I actually have more read on your tr on it than I have on the original read itself. (leaning toward the dislike category)

pedit: his going after blue for the titus thingy was what I called try harding on page 2 IMO I don't care about his rp
How is this post hijacking a read or an example of what you just described dragoneater?

DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2338 (ISO) » Sat Apr 22, 2023 9:52 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

In post 2331, Frozen Angel wrote: nothing about how I found you too self aware yet not solving? that I think you don't develop reads but rather sheep them and go on flows?
What exactly do you want me to say? "Well actually you wrong I am not in fact self aware"?
I'd much rather do something productive with my time.
And you know what, yes I can see how me agreeing with other people's scumcases can be seen as sheepy, but it's a total misrep to say I don't have reads of my own. I've stated quite a few reads this game, the vast majority of which were my own.

In regards to not solving, I am trying my best but honestly I've been away for several days and I have no idea what is going on so it's a bit hard to completely follow the logic of all the accusations and reads. But if you want to know, here's a readlist I threw together earlier today while discussing in my team chat:

Shea - top townread
GiF, FB, Dunn, Kuribo - moderate to high townread.
PB - unsure, probably scummy.
Titus - null scum
FA - scummy
Rest of players - I need to read more to see where I'm at.
Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty

Post Post #2339 (ISO) » Sat Apr 22, 2023 9:54 am

Post by Frozen Angel »

In post 2338, DragonEater70 wrote:
In post 2331, Frozen Angel wrote: nothing about how I found you too self aware yet not solving? that I think you don't develop reads but rather sheep them and go on flows?
What exactly do you want me to say? "Well actually you wrong I am not in fact self aware"?
And you know what, yes I can see how me agreeing with other people's scumcases can be seen as sheepy, but it's a total misrep to say I don't have reads of my own. I've stated quite a few reads this game, the vast majority of which were my own.

In regards to not solving, I am trying my best but honestly I've been away for several days and I have no idea what is going on so it's a bit hard to completely follow the logic of all the accusations and reads. But if you want to know, here's a readlist I threw together earlier today while discussing in my team chat:

Shea - top townread
Titus - null scum
FA - scummy
So your last post before vanishing was you saying you agree with feysel case that FB is scummy after having FB towny,

now you don't have any read on feysel and you have FB back as high tr without reading more of game as you were away?

Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2340 (ISO) » Sat Apr 22, 2023 9:56 am

Post by Feysal »

In post 2335, Frozen Angel wrote: That part says for example a scum with night chat only can decide with each other when one of them says butterfly the other uses day vig in game.

It's not for encrypted messaging through the day. If you have a private chat you can talk with other person. If you don't you cant. Can't just let two people make their own code/private chat in mafia games regardless of setup with encrypted messaging.
And yet, there is nothing in the rule about which methods of private messaging would be allowed, only that the agreement and information must be produced within the same game.

I did try my best to explain to the mod what I was planning on doing, but it is possible I was not clear enough. Ultimately, this is up to Kuribo and Ircher, since they are the masons and only they can implement this. I would ask them to confirm with the mod whether what I suggested is allowed, and to make the most of it if yes.
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2341 (ISO) » Sat Apr 22, 2023 9:56 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

In post 2334, Frozen Angel wrote: You faked agreeing with klick on that meta read

as you faked evaluating my read/case on you and having absolutely nothing to say about it when "self-aware" you that was everywhere in the early game if was with a town mindset would not let go of those points

as you faked your "team" scumreading me suddenly as a back track from your own read

as you faked "having a scum read on me now" to drop that vote without 0 evaluation on my slot/motivations/posts and just because I'm hard pushing you and for you to appear consistent

case closed
And that's why I am not bothering replying to your case on me. What can I say except "I didn't fake it?"
Is there even a way to prove that I genuinely agreed with Klick's metaread?
I never faked evaluating your read on me, because I never cared about your read on me. It's based on BS assumptions.
I never faked having a SR on you, I voted because I dislike your push and it's irritating, maddening even, and you are taunting me to vote you basically. Maybe you don't see it, but it feels that way.
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #2342 (ISO) » Sat Apr 22, 2023 9:58 am

Post by Save The Dragons »

What happened to your teams read on drixx
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #2343 (ISO) » Sat Apr 22, 2023 9:59 am

Post by kuribo »

D66EC005F44BA5C3

huge
Blue snake thought of a system and we already have one in place waiting for whoever comes after us
Join me on my quest to play every NES game! Some of them are awful.

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #2344 (ISO) » Sat Apr 22, 2023 10:01 am

Post by kuribo »

And no, it doesn't use secret encryption, it uses only stuff available as part of the game as outlined in the rules
Join me on my quest to play every NES game! Some of them are awful.

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2345 (ISO) » Sat Apr 22, 2023 10:02 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

In post 2339, Frozen Angel wrote:
In post 2338, DragonEater70 wrote:

Shea - top townread
Titus - null scum
FA - scummy
So your last post before vanishing was you saying you agree with feysel case that FB is scummy after having FB towny,

now you don't have any read on feysel and you have FB back as high tr without reading more of game as you were away?
I don't have a read on Feysal because I don't remember anything they did at all. Sure I guess it was them who proposed that FB was scummy but it didn't strike me as something to remember about them.

I changed my read on FB due to discussion in my team chat, pointing out that it's actually typical of FB to behave the way they do this game as town. I'd also earlier said I think FB and Dunn could be TvT.
Also, this might sound as a very weird reason to TR FB, but I generally don't like to keep early scumreads in Large Theme games. Experience has taught me that the players I scumread very early are basically always town (100% of players I scumread in first few pages of both of my completed large games were town, IIRC). So I accounted for that and raised his position on the readlist.
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2346 (ISO) » Sat Apr 22, 2023 10:03 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

In post 2342, Save The Dragons wrote: What happened to your teams read on drixx
I got distracted by FA, will get to analyzing Drixx shortly.
Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty

Post Post #2347 (ISO) » Sat Apr 22, 2023 10:03 am

Post by Frozen Angel »

In post 2341, DragonEater70 wrote:
In post 2334, Frozen Angel wrote: You faked agreeing with klick on that meta read

case closed
And that's why I am not bothering replying to your case on me. What can I say except "I didn't fake it?"
Is there even a way to prove that I genuinely agreed with Klick's metaread?
I never faked evaluating your read on me, because I never cared about your read on me. It's based on BS assumptions.
I never faked having a SR on you, I voted because I dislike your push and it's irritating, maddening even, and you are taunting me to vote you basically. Maybe you don't see it, but it feels that way.
no cause with explaining it half way the way you did and using wrong example for wrong part of his meta read, you proved you didn't agree with the meta read, you just saw someone posting something shiny in game and went like oh me likely let me jump on it without evaluating what it was or what it applies on or if its even valid.

case in point, you didn't even mention half of the meta read/ and the more important half of it.

klick never posted a sample of a read I did "hijack" in this game, they even said when they was explaining the rest of meta read that my latest posts at the time were counter to that meta so they are not sure what to think about it so why did you go with that part of the meta read with an example of the other part of meta read and why didn't you - back at time care enough to search for actual examples that it would apply on before dropping the scum read on me at the time, or now that I'm insisting you to elaborate the read even with you vanishing for days and me no longer being a concern of any other slot in game but you.

Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #2348 (ISO) » Sat Apr 22, 2023 10:05 am

Post by Save The Dragons »

In post 2346, DragonEater70 wrote:
In post 2342, Save The Dragons wrote: What happened to your teams read on drixx
I got distracted by FA, will get to analyzing Drixx shortly.
I'm more concerned you said your team sr drixx but drixx doesn't appear on the readlist you worked on with your team
Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty

Post Post #2349 (ISO) » Sat Apr 22, 2023 10:08 am

Post by Frozen Angel »

In post 2345, DragonEater70 wrote: I don't have a read on Feysal because I don't remember anything they did at all. Sure I guess it was them who proposed that FB was scummy but it didn't strike me as something to remember about them.

I changed my read on FB due to discussion in my team chat, pointing out that it's actually typical of FB to behave the way they do this game as town. I'd also earlier said I think FB and Dunn could be TvT.
Also, this might sound as a very weird reason to TR FB, but I generally don't like to keep early scumreads in Large Theme games. Experience has taught me that the players I scumread very early are basically always town (100% of players I scumread in first few pages of both of my completed large games were town, IIRC). So I accounted for that and raised his position on the readlist.
You were not in game but you had a full on discussion about FB and other slots (me drixx etc) with your team mates?

"Experience has taught me that the players I scumread very early are basically always town (100% of players I scumread in first few pages of both of my completed large games were town, IIRC). So I accounted for that and raised his position on the readlist."

I'm always wrong with my initial scumreads so I'll townread whoever I scumread first - what?!!!

also FB wasn't your scumread. the mindset you were portraying was painting him as town originally, you just dropped a read that you agree with feysel that FB is scummy out of nowhere so how is that even applyable here?

Return to “Team Mafia 2023”