TM 2023 | Masterchef MafiaScum (Game over)

For Team Mafia 2023 Games and Information
Dessew
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #525 (ISO) » Fri Apr 21, 2023 10:06 pm

Post by Dessew »

VOTE: Aureal

I can move to the Aureal wagon if the furtive one doesn't want to get going. In particular, I don't really see her wall post as town, for me it rather comes across as someone who wants to appear town. Tweet made long posts, they were relatively well received (except by Drew, apparently). But the post lacks the reasons and flow it'd need if it came from a genuine place. This by itself isn't necessarily a strong scumtell because she's under fire, but her earlier posts also gave off this mimicry vibe, although mich subtler. All in all, she seems to be primarily concerned about appearing town, and that is a scumtell.

About the number of mafia, the theme is quite counterintuitive, and I think it'd make a lot more sense if mafia turned out to be Baldy, Fatty and Donkey from the show (or whatever they're called). So that's an argument for three mafia.
Dessew
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #526 (ISO) » Fri Apr 21, 2023 10:07 pm

Post by Dessew »

Oh, and I love the signature, Aureal, I didn't actually expect you to do it.
lilith2013
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Sat Apr 22, 2023 2:01 am

Post by lilith2013 »

V
OTECOUNT
S
HELF:
E
LIMINATION
V
OTES
P
LAYER
N
AME
C
URRENT
V
OTES
Aureal (2)
NorwegianboyEE, Dessew
biancospino (0)
None
Dessew (2)
furtiveglance, biancospino
Doctor Drew (2)
McMenno, Aureal
furtiveglance (0)
None
Korina (0)
None
McMenno (0)
None
Morning Tweet (1)
Doctor Drew
NorwegianboyEE (0)
None
NOT VOTING:
Korina, Morning Tweet
With 9 alive, it takes 5 votes to eliminate.
Deadline: (expired on 2023-04-25 18:20:00)
Notes:

pagetops: Aristeia 6 | Lilith 4 | Norwegianboy 4 | Dr Drew 2 | McMenno 1 | Aureal 1 | furtive 1 | MT 1 | Dessew 1
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
compulsive complex Inventor
biancospino
he/she
Pronoun: he/she

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Sat Apr 22, 2023 6:35 am

Post by biancospino »

In post 525, Dessew wrote:
About the number of mafia, the theme is quite counterintuitive, and I think it'd make a lot more sense if mafia turned out to be Baldy, Fatty and Donkey from the show (or whatever they're called). So that's an argument for three mafia.
No, it would not (assuming you mean Joe, Elliot and Ramsey). Alredy using flavour to spec is dubious, but what flavour we have is directly opposed to this. Our role PMs, as you can see in the sample, explicitly speak of "contestants", so this theory only works if we assume scum got different flavour in their PMs; and lilith said this in the OP:
In post 6, lilith2013 wrote: Here's Masterchef judge and world-famous chef Borden Tansy, with a special guest judge, Calvin Song. Borden and Calvin are known for their harsh critique, often to the point of bringing contestants to tears, and that's exactly why they're the perfect judges for this challenge. These
two
judges will be walking around the kitchen today, observing and critiquing the contestants' cooking techniques and skills throughout the challenge. Contestants might be tempted to finish their recipes if they can't handle the heat!
Which would be an incredible strange piece of flavor if there are three scum and each is a judge
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
biancospino
he/she
Pronoun: he/she

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Sat Apr 22, 2023 6:48 am

Post by biancospino »

In post 525, Dessew wrote: VOTE: Aureal

I can move to the Aureal wagon if the furtive one doesn't want to get going. In particular, I don't really see her wall post as town, for me it rather comes across as someone who wants to appear town. Tweet made long posts, they were relatively well received (except by Drew, apparently). But the post lacks the reasons and flow it'd need if it came from a genuine place. This by itself isn't necessarily a strong scumtell because she's under fire, but her earlier posts also gave off this mimicry vibe, although mich subtler. All in all, she seems to be primarily concerned about appearing town, and that is a scumtell.
Also don't really like this. This 'mimicry' argument is extremely vague. Dessew offered no real argument before this about his Aureal sr other than "kuribo said so", which is a way to open someone for a push while not really putting face on it, and 525 do not come close at doing the job. @Dessew, can you tell us exactly what did kuribo find oh so lockscummy about Aureal? My teammates disagree btw
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Sat Apr 22, 2023 10:33 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 500, Doctor Drew wrote: Pre Edit: If there is one player I am confident reading, it is Morning.....trust me Norwee
Not sure i really do, my entire team thinks they are town.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Sat Apr 22, 2023 10:33 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Or Fire and Alisae do. Shirou hasn't said much about my game yet.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Sat Apr 22, 2023 10:36 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

I'm gonna see if i can't force Shirou to share some reads here before i do much else.

- Bunno
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Sat Apr 22, 2023 10:47 am

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 530, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 500, Doctor Drew wrote: Pre Edit: If there is one player I am confident reading, it is Morning.....trust me Norwee
Not the first time I was alone in that belief.

As an aside, when I first subbed in I thought it was Master Chief Mafia, really was psyched for a Halo themed game.
'dREW DID IT BETTER' - T-Bone
'doctor drew our hero' - Shiki
'I love playing with him, he's got an amazing presence to him that just feels like the game is lacking something when he's not there' - JacksonVirgo
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Sat Apr 22, 2023 10:49 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 203, Dessew wrote: I'm a bit behind with my reading, but kuribo knows for a fact that Aureal is mafia.
Sry for bringing up old stuff, but could you specify on what Kuribo's logic is?

- Bunno
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Sat Apr 22, 2023 1:56 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 530, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
Any specific reasonings they have?
'I love playing with him, he's got an amazing presence to him that just feels like the game is lacking something when he's not there' - JacksonVirgo
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Sat Apr 22, 2023 4:56 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

I really want to here from Morning after she has slept on it all.
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Pronoun: She

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Sat Apr 22, 2023 5:21 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

What would you like to hear? But if you mention something about food or ingredients or otherwise mechanics, we're DONEZO

I want to hear more about Dessew saying he "Doesnt really see [Aureal] wall post as town". Is there reasoning to this besides that long post might indicate wanting to appear town.

For what it is worth I found the majority of Aureals post to be bloated and sort of just designed to make me feel bad for the read. But it did strike me as somewhat towny. But TBH if Aureal does that to every single player that suspects her I'm not going to let it stop me

At the moment I mostly want to hear more about Dessew's opinion of Aureal
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Sat Apr 22, 2023 5:24 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

I think you're definitely not actually any good at reading me above random. I was starting to think that maybe after the couple of games, but no, you just think you are. But probably buying it so far

But it still seems like something youd do as tunnel vision town, I don't think you were expecting to get any townread credit for this so I'm a little lost as to the scum motivation
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Sat Apr 22, 2023 5:25 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

You appealing to Norwe with the "trust me" just feels blatantly like smug town as did your hard ass response to McMenno to be honest
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Sat Apr 22, 2023 5:34 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

Maybe I'm wrong and you actively try to die as scum by ignoring/pissing off people on your wagon while going basically "it's morning" (with a dash of aureal) which would do nothing but make the game harder for your scumteam by leaving behind a million associatives while accomplishing in the very very best of worlds, maybe eliminating me. But it's not like you're someone who typically would be a morning whisperer so why would you expect anyone to... it makes no sense.
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Sat Apr 22, 2023 5:36 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

Your only damn followup question was "Why does your team think Morning is town" suggesting all you're gonna do is try to bat away Norwe's team's reasoning for TRing me WHICH IS SO POINTLESS

I'm a little paranoid of bianco but I kind of agree with their latest posts to Dessew -- Dessew is being a bit vague in his suspicion of Aureal. In addition to the mimicry thing not being clear he also said that Aureal's long post seems designed to look towny, yet it's just a reply to my long post so it naturally follows it would be long, I guess? I was unclear on why my post was towny long and hers was scummy mimickry long.
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Sat Apr 22, 2023 5:41 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

In post 541, Morning Tweet wrote: Your only damn followup question was "Why does your team think Morning is town" suggesting all you're gonna do is try to bat away Norwe's team's reasoning for TRing me WHICH IS SO POINTLESS
Oh. Forgot the masterchief aside. So you also mentioned that which was kind of funny.

But other than that you literally only care about convincing Norwe and his teammates they're wrong on this read. Because of your shitty mechanical reasoning logic that you
just dont seem to care that I directly said I am not a mechanical player, gave examples, and can't think of anyone or any game which would even suggest the fact

Like, you didn't engage with me on that but you engage with Norwe about his teammates reads of me. That's what I'm trying to get at. You're not working with me, you're not really even working with Norwe, you're just posting shit to shoot me down because you decided to do that
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Sat Apr 22, 2023 6:01 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

I really enjoy this fire from you Morning, haven't seen it before(besides last night obviously), after a slumber of my own.....makes things exciting.

You said you wanted to sleep on things a bit before you read me one way or another, so was curious if that happened. That is all.

And I wanted Norwee to explain why his teammates locked you as town.....I don't see it but I am open to discussion about it.

And you seemed a bit tilted when I said I know your scum game, and you are doubling down on that. You are even TMI'img that you know I am town.

Pre Edit: Well that is a complete misrep, I wanted to know what Norwee and his team saw that said your slot was town......like I just said

And I don't fuck with mechanics as well, but you can't get mad when you fucked up the mechanics and get voted on it, and then double down that I am the asshole for pointing it out......fuck off with that(respectfully).

And you were not around, Norwee was and speaking of him and his teams read on you. So ya, I engaged with him......and I also literally said just before you posted I hoped you to hear from you.

So ya, glad to hear from you :D
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Sat Apr 22, 2023 6:03 pm

Post by Aureal »

Yeah, I was thinking just now, and this might actually be Drew's towngame. It feels a lot like the aforementioned 'wiki incident' where furtive opened the game by making a comment to me about his wiki. Drew came in and started interrogating him about why he did that and they just would not stop going around about it. Not until I posted my 'are you guys maybe all scum?' readlist as a way to try to focus and shift the game off that. Which made them both come after me and got me speedwagoned so fast I didn't even get a chance to claim. Annnnnd that's the majority of what happened in that game.

UNVOTE: while I think about where to go from here.
"Yeah after a point it felt like Aureal was the only one talking sense despite being a goose so I just followed."
-furtiveglance
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #545 (ISO) » Sat Apr 22, 2023 6:07 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

He is probably town yeah
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #546 (ISO) » Sat Apr 22, 2023 6:09 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

VOTE: Dessew
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #547 (ISO) » Sat Apr 22, 2023 6:10 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

(E-2)
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #548 (ISO) » Sat Apr 22, 2023 6:11 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 544, Aureal wrote: Yeah, I was thinking just now, and this might actually be Drew's towngame. It feels a lot like the aforementioned 'wiki incident' where furtive opened the game by making a comment to me about his wiki. Drew came in and started interrogating him about why he did that and they just would not stop going around about it. Not until I posted my 'are you guys maybe all scum?' readlist as a way to try to focus and shift the game off that. Which made them both come after me and got me speedwagoned so fast I didn't even get a chance to claim. Annnnnd that's the majority of what happened in that game.

UNVOTE: while I think about where to go from here.
Ohhhh, that is the wiki incident you mean lol.

I still blame everyone else in that game, I wanted to move away from the wiki element and wanted to move on but you people kept bringing it up lol.

But how is this the same? I didn't like Ari, and I think I caught Morning. I was screaming and yelling at Furt in the game you mentioned.

Pre Edit: I mean I am pretty sure you knew I was town already Morning
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #549 (ISO) » Sat Apr 22, 2023 6:12 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

Drew u tunnel vision on me being mechanically bad, I tell you why it's not AI since I'm not mechanical for shit, and then you're telling me to fuck off now because it's my fault I messed up the mech? The mech I said wasn't AI but you said was? That you're pushing me for? Uh... huh

I'm glad you're enjoying whatever it is you are doing

Return to “Team Mafia 2023”