Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #3825 (ISO) » Mon Apr 24, 2023 4:52 am

Post by Venmar »

I feel like you're the one being confrontational/annoying on purpose, I see where you're coming from but I scumread both slots, have said why in my original post, but am voting Sky because I like my vibes there more, and am not gonna change my vote purely just cause you say so probably because I'm personally very stubborn and like to be adversarial to people being snarky with me and tbh idc if you're a Mason or w/e it is you claimed.
I swear I'm trying my best

--Expect me to be V/LA from 10am-7pm PST every Mon, Wed, Thurs, Sat, Sun due to work--
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #3826 (ISO) » Mon Apr 24, 2023 4:53 am

Post by Save The Dragons »

ok what do you think of my thoughts on bub
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest
Pronoun: any

Post Post #3827 (ISO) » Mon Apr 24, 2023 5:01 am

Post by Skygazer »

In post 3808, Venmar wrote: Sky's vote/thought progression w/e on page 149 doesn't sit well with me

##3729 by CKD is both presumptive and imo incorrect; broadly saying that scum love to lean on "being defensive is scummy" feels like CKD is conjuring up a fact to try and justify why he doesn't like Bub's comment. In my opinion I think being overly defensive is a null tell because in my experience I've see townies explode as much as scum when attacked; someone using it as a scumtell is therefore not really AI inherently for me idk. I feel like Enchant might've picked up on this in the next post but said it better than me?

CKD vs Bub feels more like SvS just cause I scumread both slots tbh. #3731 Looks like a big word salad, I feel like they're both attacking each other for slim reasons and it feels like a lot of posturing by both.

Sky simply sheeping enchant/furtive to vote Bub despite TReading bub(?) is also very weird to me, not sure how to read it. Sky admits in #3743 that they destroyed their credibility to make their own pushes but tbh I didn't like Sky's overall gambit shenanigans and it felt like a lot of scum theatre that is now feeling more justified with how Sky is using it as a reason to sit back and let themselves be lead. #3752 by CKD is then an interaction that feels like someone coaching someone out of a slump.

#3752 and #3755 by Malcolm are poor mostly because I disagree with his take on CKD's response to bub and I also disagree that Bub looked like "very active and strong town voice" earlier in the game, Bub has been mostly wagon hopping all game and idk why people townread that slot tbh. Malcolm's read progresses in the next few posts though as he reads more of Bubs posts, though a post like #3759 feels like Confirmation Bias.

#3765 by Bub is doubling-down on a bad argument. #3767 feels hypocritical because I think Bub scumreading Andante fo hopping on and off a wagon is something Bub has done (?) before in D1.

Sky defending Bub in the later posts is then weird since I scumread those posts but idk. #3773 by Sky in shading Kowah is also bad since I feel like Kowah is potentially the best townread in the game for starting the Kitty wagon. I just don't really like how Sky is voting for Bub while also actively defending him.

Tbh feeling like Sky, CKD, Bub, Malcolm and Sheep are all varying levels of scummy to me and I'm kind of comfortable hopping to Sky the most.

VOTE: Skygazer

My eyes are mostly glazing over the Bub/CKD/Malcolm threeway, STD asking them to move on summarizes my thoughts on that.
one last point: while i am "letting myself be led" I would hardly say I'm sitting back
Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3828 (ISO) » Mon Apr 24, 2023 5:02 am

Post by Venmar »

In post 3827, Save The Dragons wrote: ok what do you think of my thoughts on bub

Going off of #3806 I think like you said in your own words a lot of your case on him seems to be predicated on "pre-flipping" BPP, so I think I'm scumreading Bub independently from your reasons tbh. Most of your thoughts arrive at similar conclusions like me which is that Bub has mostly spent the game wagon hopping and making weak reads which I guess is what some of your points are probably alluding to.

--Expect me to be V/LA from 10am-7pm PST every Mon, Wed, Thurs, Sat, Sun due to work--
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest

Post Post #3829 (ISO) » Mon Apr 24, 2023 5:04 am

Post by Skygazer »

venmar's push on me feels scummy tbh it feels like theyre overjustifying it (kind of badly i'll add) which makes me think they're concerned about optics

feel like town is more likely to just naked vote me for outting a mason than try to find all these other excuses for hopping on my wagon
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest

Post Post #3830 (ISO) » Mon Apr 24, 2023 5:04 am

Post by Skygazer »

VOTE: venmar
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest

Post Post #3831 (ISO) » Mon Apr 24, 2023 5:04 am

Post by Skygazer »

also dont like how venmar didnt engage with my rebuttals
Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3832 (ISO) » Mon Apr 24, 2023 5:08 am

Post by Venmar »

In post 3825, Skygazer wrote:
In post 3822, Skygazer wrote: i forgot kowa started the kitty wagon i thought that was flavor
wait lol it was flavor, kowah was the hammer

@venmar
I'm going off of memory tbh, I could've sworn FL said that at some point, I wasn't around during the whole Kitty wagon thing. I might just be sheeping FL's read on Kowah and misremembered Kowah starting the Andante case as starting the Kitty one idk.

Re sitting back; I guess you're not "sitting back" but I definitely letting yourself being lead while transparently defending the person that you're voting.

Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3833 (ISO) » Mon Apr 24, 2023 5:08 am

Post by Venmar »

In post 3832, Skygazer wrote: also dont like how venmar didnt engage with my rebuttals

STD triggered me sorry

Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest

Post Post #3834 (ISO) » Mon Apr 24, 2023 5:09 am

Post by Skygazer »

In post 3833, Venmar wrote:
In post 3825, Skygazer wrote:
In post 3822, Skygazer wrote: i forgot kowa started the kitty wagon i thought that was flavor
wait lol it was flavor, kowah was the hammer

@venmar
I'm going off of memory tbh, I could've sworn FL said that at some point, I wasn't around during the whole Kitty wagon thing. I might just be sheeping FL's read on Kowah and misremembered Kowah starting the Andante case as starting the Kitty one idk.

Re sitting back; I guess you're not "sitting back" but I definitely letting yourself being lead while transparently defending the person that you're voting.
like i said, sometimes a vote is more of a "hey knock that off" kinda thing
Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3835 (ISO) » Mon Apr 24, 2023 5:12 am

Post by Venmar »

In post 3830, Skygazer wrote: venmar's push on me feels scummy tbh it feels like theyre overjustifying it (kind of badly i'll add) which makes me think they're concerned about optics

feel like town is more likely to just naked vote me for outting a mason than try to find all these other excuses for hopping on my wagon

I mean, I gave you the benefit of the doubt in #3657 over the whole outing a mason BS since in isolation it's such a baffling play, and then your subsequent play is what changed my mind that it's a scummy sequence of events because you used it as an excuse to start sheeping and playing bad, but you do you.

Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest

Post Post #3836 (ISO) » Mon Apr 24, 2023 5:16 am

Post by Skygazer »

In post 3836, Venmar wrote:
In post 3830, Skygazer wrote: venmar's push on me feels scummy tbh it feels like theyre overjustifying it (kind of badly i'll add) which makes me think they're concerned about optics

I mean, I gave you the benefit of the doubt in #3657 over the whole outing a mason BS since in isolation it's such a baffling play, and then your subsequent play is what changed my mind that it's a scummy sequence of events because you used it as an excuse to start sheeping and playing bad, but you do you.
do you think if i were scum using "it as an excuse to start sheeping" I'd be defending the person I'm sheeping onto?

And Bub was a slot that I thought I could be wrong on which is also why I was down to sheep, but they've towntold more since I laid down my vote
schadd_
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
pandora's pukebox
Pronoun: he/it

Post Post #3837 (ISO) » Mon Apr 24, 2023 5:16 am

Post by schadd_ »

Spoiler:

otter from ocean

vote count 3.3 !

Skygazer (5):
sheepsaysmeep, NJAC, Hu Tao, Gimli, Venmar
Bub Bidderskins (4):
furtiveglance, Save The Dragons, Enchant, curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog (1):
Bub Bidderskins
Venmar (1):
Skygazer

not voting (3):
MalcolmTucker, Kowahbunga, GuyInFreezer

with 14 alive, it takes 8 to place someone under noncitizen's arrest. day 3 ends in (expired on 2023-05-01 23:16:17)

moderateur notes
  • e
Last edited by schadd_ on Mon Apr 24, 2023 5:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
free darius mccollum
todays featured user: tired person

Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #3838 (ISO) » Mon Apr 24, 2023 5:17 am

schadd you have 2 skygazer wagons
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest

Post Post #3839 (ISO) » Mon Apr 24, 2023 5:20 am

Post by Skygazer »

In post 3839, Save The Dragons wrote: schadd you have 2 skygazer wagons
nah i'm just loved x 8 and need two wagons to elim me
Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3840 (ISO) » Mon Apr 24, 2023 5:21 am

Post by Venmar »

In post 3837, Skygazer wrote:

do you think if i were scum using "it as an excuse to start sheeping" I'd be defending the person I'm sheeping onto?

I read it as you sheeping while defending the person you're voting as you setting yourself up to point at the wagon if Bub flips town and be like "Hah look I told you he was town", or you as scum trying to look like you're sheeping (trying to get rid of accountability for your actions) while also defending your buddy to actively derail from the wagon, which you seem to have successfully done now.

Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #3841 (ISO) » Mon Apr 24, 2023 5:23 am

i feel your vote is the tipping point, no? so it's not really derailed by sky
Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3842 (ISO) » Mon Apr 24, 2023 5:25 am

Post by Venmar »

Sky unvoting removes a vote from Bub (which you don't seem to care about?) and is now pushing attention to me while having defended Bub in the past. Seems consistent with the strategy that I think !scumSky is engaging it but whatever Mr. Mason

Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #3843 (ISO) » Mon Apr 24, 2023 5:26 am

im not trying to trigger you i'm just asking a question

if sky tr bub there's not much i can do about getting their vote on the wagon, if you sr bub i think i have a better chance of getting your vote
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest

Post Post #3844 (ISO) » Mon Apr 24, 2023 5:28 am

Post by Skygazer »

In post 3115, Venmar wrote: Tbh Sheeps entry into the game is mostly null to me if not a bi sus just cause I am usually instantly weary of someone who just hands up that many TRead, but many of them also sound non-committal or fency. Will probably evaluate more once sheep is actually caught up.

Hu Tao continuing to push me for no reason is :ok_hand: but at least they finally voted me
In post 3806, Venmar wrote: Hi im catching up but;

In post 3693, NJAC wrote: @
Everyone
:

Can you please order (again if you already did) these six players from the scummiest to the least scummy?

{Enchant, Venmar, GIF, Malcolm, Sheep, Sky}

S - Sheep, Sky, Malcolm, GIF, Enchant, Venmar - T

Don't feel too strongly about GIF tbh, that is basically a null read for me
i also dont see how you can genuinely be reading sheep as scummier than me and instead of pushing that further or trying to get town to hop on your strongest scum read you make a bunch of imo poorly reasoned posts to justify hopping onto me. in fact you had sheep's entrance as mostly null in the top post i quoted yet i haven't really seen a natural progression on what changed there. feels sus!
Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3845 (ISO) » Mon Apr 24, 2023 5:31 am

Post by Venmar »

I know math is hard but my post in #3805 predates my post in #3807, which clearly shows that my opinion changed between the two posts after I finished my catchup, but if you want to continue to discredit or misrep me then feel free.

Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest

Post Post #3846 (ISO) » Mon Apr 24, 2023 5:35 am

Post by Skygazer »

In post 3841, Venmar wrote:
In post 3837, Skygazer wrote:

I read it as you sheeping while defending the person you're voting as you setting yourself up to point at the wagon if Bub flips town and be like "Hah look I told you he was town", or you as scum trying to look like you're sheeping (trying to get rid of accountability for your actions) while also defending your buddy to actively derail from the wagon, which you seem to have successfully done now.
still feel like that's weak reasoning. like one of those "i made up a future scenario that hasn't happened" reasonings. kind of a weird reach bc i dont think i could claim towncred on a townread i had that i voted anyways? and i would hardly say i derailed the wagon, it has just as many votes on it now as when i joined!
Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3847 (ISO) » Mon Apr 24, 2023 5:36 am

Post by Venmar »

Why is your defense boiling down to "No that's weak, it's not a good enough reason", am I correctly scumreading you for the wrong reasons?

Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest

Post Post #3848 (ISO) » Mon Apr 24, 2023 5:37 am

Post by Skygazer »

In post 3846, Venmar wrote: I know math is hard but my post in #3805 predates my post in #3807, which clearly shows that my opinion changed between the two posts after I finished my catchup, but if you want to continue to discredit or misrep me then feel free.
that's fair ig i didn't check the timestamps and just saw they were two posts apart
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest

Post Post #3849 (ISO) » Mon Apr 24, 2023 5:40 am

Post by Skygazer »

In post 3848, Venmar wrote: Why is your defense boiling down to "No that's weak, it's not a good enough reason", am I correctly scumreading you for the wrong reasons?
it's not? i just happened to mention that your reasoning is weak imo and i think you're scum overexplaining to justify hopping onto my wagon. my defense boils down to "yes i voted bub, yes i think they were town, i was doubting my read enough to sheep and wanted to bully them into unvoting ckd"

now who's misrepping?

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”