TM 2023 | Masterchef MafiaScum (Game over)

For Team Mafia 2023 Games and Information
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #650 (ISO) » Tue Apr 25, 2023 12:07 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Honestly i might be persuadable to voting any of the slots on the wagon right now. Bianco included obviously.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #651 (ISO) » Tue Apr 25, 2023 12:08 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Dessew seems to me way too juicy of an target for scum not to double down there. It's too bad this super informative part of the day is so close to deadline but i really feel like we have a high rand of hitting scum by elimming any of the slots in there.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #652 (ISO) » Tue Apr 25, 2023 12:08 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Are most people eager on Furtive or Bianco or what?

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #653 (ISO) » Tue Apr 25, 2023 12:09 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

I'll hammer any of the slots, 11 hours left.

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #654 (ISO) » Tue Apr 25, 2023 12:12 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

This means i should re-eval Aureal.
What's your preferred vote?

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #655 (ISO) » Tue Apr 25, 2023 12:14 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Alisae agrees with me, likely 2 wolves on this wagon.

- Bunno
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #656 (ISO) » Tue Apr 25, 2023 1:19 am

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 640, Dessew wrote: The role is confirmable, so it'd take a very special player, like Menno, to hammer me
How could a Doctor be confirmable?

I'll unvote for now though
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #657 (ISO) » Tue Apr 25, 2023 1:20 am

Post by furtiveglance »

UNVOTE:
McMenno
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
One For Aren't-We-All
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #658 (ISO) » Tue Apr 25, 2023 1:27 am

Post by McMenno »

In post 640, Dessew wrote: The role is confirmable, so it'd take a very
special
player, like Menno, to hammer me
can you elaborate on that one chief
mafiascum is on life support
Dessew
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #659 (ISO) » Tue Apr 25, 2023 1:53 am

Post by Dessew »

In post 658, McMenno wrote:
In post 640, Dessew wrote: The role is confirmable, so it'd take a very
special
player, like Menno, to hammer me
can you elaborate on that one chief
This comment was unkind, I apologise. It turns out, I was the most special player all along.

Anyway, at night I take a random item from a player. I wouldn't target furtive because he's my top scumread, but for the sake of the argument let's say that he survives today, and I target him. Then at the start of D2 I can say, "furtive, I targeted you", and he can confirm that he lost an ingredient. Alternatively, I could also say, "haha, furtive, YEAST, amirite?" if the first one doesn't do the trick. N1 I could pretend with a scumbuddy if I were mafia, but if I change my target for N2, then by D3 I'm 100% confirmed (because, as previously discussed, there's only two mafia), and even before that I'd only have one possible partner.

My role is practically a doctor, but it's been modified for the special NK mechanics.
lilith2013
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #660 (ISO) » Tue Apr 25, 2023 2:20 am

Post by lilith2013 »

V
OTECOUNT
S
HELF:
E
LIMINATION
V
OTES
P
LAYER
N
AME
C
URRENT
V
OTES
Aureal (0)
None
biancospino (2)
NorwegianboyEE, Morning Tweet
Dessew (3)
biancospino, Korina, Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew (1)
McMenno
furtiveglance (1)
Dessew
Korina (1)
Aureal
McMenno (0)
None
Morning Tweet (0)
None
NorwegianboyEE (0)
None
NOT VOTING:
furtiveglance
With 9 alive, it takes 5 votes to eliminate.
Deadline: (expired on 2023-04-25 18:20:00)
Notes:

pagetops: Lilith 7 | Aristeia 6 | Norwegianboy 6 | Dr Drew 2 | McMenno 1 | Aureal 1 | furtive 1 | MT 1 | Dessew 1
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Pronoun: She

Post Post #661 (ISO) » Tue Apr 25, 2023 4:35 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

I think you'll be able to tell if Dessew is scum or not by the ingredients moved
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #662 (ISO) » Tue Apr 25, 2023 4:36 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

Bianco and Korina probably one scum at least

Korina still hasn't elaborated
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #663 (ISO) » Tue Apr 25, 2023 4:39 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

In post 646, Dessew wrote: Bianco's been defending furtive hard, so which flip would be more indicative for the other? I think furtive flipping town would give bianco towny points, and bianco flipping mafia would give furtive scumpoints, is that correct? In that case I'd prefer furtive, to maximise our minimal advantage.
I disagree if bianco is scum I don't think that necessarily makes furtive more scum because bianco defends him

Also if furtive is town that doesn't do anything for biancos alignment

Don't decide like that D1 I'm pretty sure scum hard defend town all the time and does it more often to town than buddies. it more depends at what time they're xoing it and in what context
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #664 (ISO) » Tue Apr 25, 2023 4:43 am

Post by Aureal »

That role is not actually very similar to doc. If you get an ingredient for the target's recipe it helps protect them for the future, not just one night. But you could take ingredients that have no effect on someone's recipe and thus be of no use. You could even take things that complete your own recipe and thus take yourself out.
"Yeah after a point it felt like Aureal was the only one talking sense despite being a goose so I just followed."
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #665 (ISO) » Tue Apr 25, 2023 4:46 am

Post by Aureal »

And why are we talking like furtiveglance and bianco could be the scum team, didn't Norwe say they probably aren't together?
"Yeah after a point it felt like Aureal was the only one talking sense despite being a goose so I just followed."
-furtiveglance
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #666 (ISO) » Tue Apr 25, 2023 4:46 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

I can't think of a mafia role that would straight up remove ingredients from us if the point is to collect em all.

Something that could mimic what Dessew is claiming. But it would be pretty against the point of the setup which would is to add or switch ingredients not take them out of play

If the missing ingredients end up with someone else though that'd be a whole nother story

Either way definitely not my #1 choice and Drew going after Dessew cause he's tunneled on me I guess is amusing

But anyone else voting there I'm suspicious
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #667 (ISO) » Tue Apr 25, 2023 4:47 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

In post 665, Aureal wrote: And why are we talking like furtiveglance and bianco could be the scum team, didn't Norwe say they probably aren't together?
Kind of a good point biancos defense of furtive doesn't super strike me as SvS so what Dessew is saying with his vote doesn't make sense to me

Like it could be svs but bianco flipping scum doesn't implicate furtive the way he thinks it does imo
Dessew
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #668 (ISO) » Tue Apr 25, 2023 5:15 am

Post by Dessew »

What strikes me as odd is that bianco lists a Gimli read as proof for furtive putting some pressure in Aureal's way while responding to a post by me where I said that I don't think that counts (referring to different posts by furtive, but the relevant content is identical). Why would scum!bianco jump through such hoops for town!furtive? The association might not be strong, but it's definitely there, and I'd rather secure a middling towntell in case we mislim than hope for a similarly strong scumtell if we get the lim right. That's my logic, anyway.
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #669 (ISO) » Tue Apr 25, 2023 5:51 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

I get more where you're coming from but I dont put enough weight on that kind of reasoning to where itd direct my vote

I think there's a lot of incentive to defend town from other town who are wrong, as scum. Even if it doesnt obviously help them to win, it's something that happens a lot and it can make you (the scum) look good if done at the right time

I think bianco defending Aureal and furtive could potentially be a case of overdoing defending town from wrong town, also Ari too when that was a thing. I'm very very suspicious of bianco for the decently high number of townreads (and ratio of posts dedicating to giving townreads) and they've kind of been vote parking Dessew now almost all the way to deadline and their reasoning was "No one should be okay with flipping anyone" at the time, and nothing else has been said

Also, bianco hasn't acknowledged me or norwe suspecting him yet, which I'm not sure what to make of. Mostly focusing on illustrating why Aureal/furt is town

I lightly townread some of biancos early stuff but when you look at it does it look like they're trying to solve? Maybe. I think defending town from other town is good for harmony on the team. But I'm not sure bianco is really scumhunting here for real
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #670 (ISO) » Tue Apr 25, 2023 5:58 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

Hahaha we were this close to throwing. I'm pretty sure anyway

I think this is our best lead. Bianco voteparks Dessew. Korina votes to E-1 after I unvote with an "explanation later" that still hasnt come with 5h left. Drew is being Drew.

Norwe voted n unvoted, I voted n unvoted

Furtive had been keeping his vote on Dessew for a while but he unvotes

Felt like eeryone had their hand on the Dessew wagon. There's definitely something here

There's still three votes on Dessew and we're 5 hours left. All I see is a majority of the game being okay with Dessew dying cause they certainly havent come back to reevaluate Dessew or elaborate on what they thinkin
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #671 (ISO) » Tue Apr 25, 2023 5:58 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Alisae susses Furtive/Drew last time i spoke to them. I still feel like Bianco is my preferred vote though.
I’m currently in prepared state for any potential events in my job so i can unfortunately not focus too much on reading back on the game, or i would have checked team pairing in my PoE more.

- Bunno
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #672 (ISO) » Tue Apr 25, 2023 6:18 am

Post by Aureal »

Not okay with bianco lim. I think bianco is being more forthright than when I saw her as scum, where she wiggled her way onto my wagon by trying to draw out furtive's suspicion.

I saw a Dessew/Norwe team in their maneuvering around the wagon/soft claim, but it's hard to evaluate the claim right now and I know nobody else is going to go for Norwe. Really don't know why he's so towny, he's been throwing suspicion around at everyone except Drew.

Is Dessew lives we definitely need to confirm that he's not actually a redistributor, someone having water taken just might mean it was given to someone else?

I'm not even sure we need an elimination today, I'm not sure how effectively scum can nightkill?
-furtiveglance
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #673 (ISO) » Tue Apr 25, 2023 6:26 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Aureal, i throw suspicion on everyone because that’s the way i solve. I push, i scan for reactions, i figure things out, i adapt. Eventually i might come around to a solve that’s decent.
Maybe i figure out one of my earliest townreads was shit, maybe my primary scumread towntells to an incredible extent.
I think i’m coming around to the fact that you are town now Aureal but, this is meaningless if you can’t get around to trusting me as well.
I know i’m unconventional, i know i’m different. But why would it mean i am scum? I solve in my own way and if we can resolve our differences and work around that then scum won’t stand a chance in this game.

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #674 (ISO) » Tue Apr 25, 2023 6:30 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Bianco is our best lim in this game. I truly and honestly believe that.

- Bunno

Return to “Team Mafia 2023”