TM 2023 | Super Mario Bros Mafia | Game Over!

For Team Mafia 2023 Games and Information
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #850 (ISO) » Tue Apr 25, 2023 2:46 am

Post by Jingle »

In post 847, wgeurts wrote: Titus is literally dealing with a medical problem they've posted about in their own game and Ythan hasn't been following my game and got prodded for their own. I'll admit I skimmed and missed the post prior. Catching up.
Point taken with Titus, but fwiw you should be careful with this. This is coming a little close to talking about ongoings. I don’t have an issue with it, but it would really suck to have more tm drama, tbh.
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #851 (ISO) » Tue Apr 25, 2023 2:50 am

Post by Jingle »

In post 849, Cerberus v666 wrote: remaining *internally* consistent in their application of these standards. HPE *hadn't* done anything that addressed wgeurts primary concerns, and *had* done things that perpetuated them, and so the read deepened.
Is the assertion here that the tunnel wrt HPE is towny or NAI? Because I think it’s nonsense to argue that scum wgeurts wouldn’t dog with a bone on a slot that they could easily get away with dog with a bone-ing on.
This is a Parachute.
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #852 (ISO) » Tue Apr 25, 2023 3:01 am

Post by Cerberus v666 »

Hey Peta,I just skimmed your ISO because I couldn't recall anything you've done this game.

Where are you at with regards to Jingle? You stated earlier that Jingle/Porkens are your scum reads, which naturally implies that as a team, but later on you say that Porkens lack of presence, if scum, makes the game a bit harder because their teammate has abandoned them - thus implying that your other read isn't relevant/that you no longer scumread Jingles. What is the case there?

Also, with regards to my claim - LLD is correct, the situation was low pressure. As I said, I would have normally said fuck off, especially with Fates unvote(though that was arguably an attempt to get someone else to put me at -1 so Fate could lolhammer) but unfortunately there were too many players who I don't know well who hadn't voted yet, and some of those had shown a propensity for abrupt vote switching. Didn't really expect "pressure" to go away because nobody was interacting with me in that sort of fashion.
Anyways, I don't think LLD has any context with which to judge me if she's attributing any part of my play to a newbie misunderstanding of the game state, so might be worth taking that into account.
GTK a me, currently live, this may be your only chance!
viewtopic.php?f=61&t=78521&p=10688009#p10688009
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #853 (ISO) » Tue Apr 25, 2023 3:05 am

Post by Cerberus v666 »

In post 851, Jingle wrote:
In post 849, Cerberus v666 wrote: remaining *internally* consistent in their application of these standards. HPE *hadn't* done anything that addressed wgeurts primary concerns, and *had* done things that perpetuated them, and so the read deepened.
Is the assertion here that the tunnel wrt HPE is towny or NAI? Because I think it’s nonsense to argue that scum wgeurts wouldn’t dog with a bone on a slot that they could easily get away with dog with a bone-ing on.
More town than scum, especially given thest they've expressed stances in the entire game. The scum motivation behind the behavior you're describing is to avoid having to really comment or take a stance on anything else, which is not something wgeurts has avoided.
Fate
Fate
:HAPPY:
Fate

Post Post #854 (ISO) » Tue Apr 25, 2023 3:11 am

Post by Fate »

Porkens I swear to fuck I can only help those that help themselves

YOU ARE STILL VOTING GODDAMN CERBERUS
Fate is absurdly beautiful. 運命に弄ばれる
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #855 (ISO) » Tue Apr 25, 2023 3:14 am

Post by Fate »

No deal peta, as much as I WANTED A DOUBLE VOTE it's not worth it today this town isn't budging on the Porkens train
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #856 (ISO) » Tue Apr 25, 2023 3:16 am

Post by Fate »

In post 840, Radical Rat wrote: @peta

Klick says to tell you not to tie your perspective to Fate on account of Fate being incredibly wrong
excuse you

Who the hell is this Klick, some alt?
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #857 (ISO) » Tue Apr 25, 2023 3:16 am

Post by Jingle »

I fundamentally disagree that posting other reads is a thing that precludes the scum motivation of a tunnel, because both not having to vote a scum buddy despite keeping them suspect and displaying consistency are things that scum also gets out of that, but I can at least understand that you think it’s town indicative of wgeurts and respect that read on its own merit is a genuine one. I’ll think more about how compelling I find it later.
This is a Parachute.
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #858 (ISO) » Tue Apr 25, 2023 3:17 am

Post by Cerberus v666 »

Jingle: Why do you think a universe exists where scum!me quick hammers to end the day? Literally part of why I don't vote D1 except to avoid no lim days is to make it last forever and get maximum content. Also...hmm. Had a thought, not the time to discuss in case I mess with whatever people are trying.

Fate, what is your porkens alternative? I agree that they are essentially policy at this point, which, while dumb, is better than rand.
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #859 (ISO) » Tue Apr 25, 2023 3:20 am

Post by Fate »

Ok besides wgeurts who would people be willing to Lim today

Because the lack of options means scum aren't in the low hanging fruit now are they
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #860 (ISO) » Tue Apr 25, 2023 3:21 am

Post by petapan »

In post 855, Fate wrote: No deal peta, as much as I WANTED A DOUBLE VOTE it's not worth it today this town isn't budging on the Porkens train
shrug, at the time i wasn't sure i'd actually get what i wanted, i'm willing to hear you out tomorro if this wrong (but it probably isn't because porkens looks like he's scum trolling)
free crypto
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #861 (ISO) » Tue Apr 25, 2023 3:22 am

Post by Fate »

In post 858, Cerberus v666 wrote: Jingle: Why do you think a universe exists where scum!me quick hammers to end the day? Literally part of why I don't vote D1 except to avoid no lim days is to make it last forever and get maximum content. Also...hmm. Had a thought, not the time to discuss in case I mess with whatever people are trying.

Fate, what is your porkens alternative? I agree that they are essentially policy at this point, which, while dumb, is better than rand.
I'm voting wgeurts, I'd be down for Adorable PREFERABLY and then I'd settle on HPE for principle
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #862 (ISO) » Tue Apr 25, 2023 3:23 am

Post by Jingle »

In post 858, Cerberus v666 wrote: Jingle: Why do you think a universe exists where scum!me quick hammers to end the day?
Because if you are scum banking on a joat claim to save you for a night and expect you die tomorrow it’s the right play to cut off discussion and porkens softed a pr?
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #863 (ISO) » Tue Apr 25, 2023 3:24 am

Post by Jingle »

I’m honestly surprised you didn’t see that if you in fact didn’t see it.
This is a Parachute.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #864 (ISO) » Tue Apr 25, 2023 3:25 am

Post by Porkens »

VOTE: porkens
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #865 (ISO) » Tue Apr 25, 2023 3:25 am

Post by Porkens »

VOTE: unvote jkjk
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #866 (ISO) » Tue Apr 25, 2023 3:25 am

Post by Cerberus v666 »

In post 857, Jingle wrote: I fundamentally disagree that posting other reads is a thing that precludes the scum motivation of a tunnel, because both not having to vote a scum buddy despite keeping them suspect and displaying consistency are things that scum also gets out of that, but I can at least understand that you think it’s town indicative of wgeurts and respect that read on its own merit is a genuine one. I’ll think more about how compelling I find it later.
This is why I said the read strength is dependent on them maintaining this sort of state. A scum slot that is not voting anyone else is being judged based on their suspicions and provided reads for all other slots, with votes being taken out of the equation. If those other reads continue to be regularly provided, reasonable progressions and reevaluation based on new information can be identified, which keeps the scum from just hiding behind their tunnel.

And I don't even think it's super compelling right now, by the way, but it's D1 and the most compelling argument in the game for anyone's alignment from my perspective, because standards are so low. :)
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #867 (ISO) » Tue Apr 25, 2023 3:26 am

Post by Fate »

VOTE: Adorable

WELL?

If I was Cakes I would DEFINITELY punish town by making scum op if they got the power up

AMONG THEIR LSCK OF REAL PRECENSE IN A GAME WHERE TOWN ARE BICKERING AMONGST THEMSELVES

PUT

YOUR

VOTE

WHERE

YOUR

MOUTH IS
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #868 (ISO) » Tue Apr 25, 2023 3:26 am

Post by Fate »

In post 865, Porkens wrote: VOTE: unvote jkjk

Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #869 (ISO) » Tue Apr 25, 2023 3:28 am

Post by Jingle »

In post 765, Porkens wrote: I do not have the mental capacity to read and digest all I can do is gut and meme but it promise keeping me alive for a few days will pay off BIG TIME HUGE
In post 766, Adorable wrote: UNVOTE:
In post 767, Adorable wrote: VOTE: Porkens
In post 768, Fate wrote: VOTE: Adorable
Soft. Included for funsies, Fate catching the soft and making himself incredibly town by reacting to it.
This is a Parachute.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #870 (ISO) » Tue Apr 25, 2023 3:29 am

Post by Porkens »

VOTE: adorable finally
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #871 (ISO) » Tue Apr 25, 2023 3:29 am

Post by petapan »

yeah so that's a scumclaim

fwiw jingle should never be allowed to endgame because his play this phase has been downright horrific. i pulled the detente with him partly because i thought he might actually be a mason with hpe but his posts after proved to not be the case. i think the weird round of questioning might be pocketing, not sure. regardless if he's not cleared by an investigation don't let him off the hook.

everyone else off wagon i think is town tbqh. generally when scum plays like porkens their partner is going to recognize and cut bait sooner rather than later
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #872 (ISO) » Tue Apr 25, 2023 3:30 am

Post by petapan »

oh i kept thinking it was a 9er and that was actually a selfhammer i'm silly

i'm still fine with giving wgeurts time to catch up
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #873 (ISO) » Tue Apr 25, 2023 3:31 am

Post by petapan »

In post 869, Jingle wrote:
In post 765, Porkens wrote: I do not have the mental capacity to read and digest all I can do is gut and meme but it promise keeping me alive for a few days will pay off BIG TIME HUGE
In post 766, Adorable wrote: UNVOTE:
In post 767, Adorable wrote: VOTE: Porkens
In post 768, Fate wrote: VOTE: Adorable
Soft. Included for funsies, Fate catching the soft and making himself incredibly town by reacting to it.
yes scum can never softclaim to dodge an elim thank you for that
free crypto
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #874 (ISO) » Tue Apr 25, 2023 3:32 am

Post by Cerberus v666 »

In post 861, Fate wrote:
In post 858, Cerberus v666 wrote: Jingle: Why do you think a universe exists where scum!me quick hammers to end the day? Literally part of why I don't vote D1 except to avoid no lim days is to make it last forever and get maximum content. Also...hmm. Had a thought, not the time to discuss in case I mess with whatever people are trying.

I'm voting wgeurts, I'd be down for Adorable PREFERABLY and then I'd settle on HPE for principle

Wgeurts is off the table for me, I'd hammer adorable or HPE, if you're trying to gauge support.

quote=Jingle post_id=13753103 time=1682432583 user_id=22133]
In post 858, Cerberus v666 wrote: Jingle: Why do you think a universe exists where scum!me quick hammers to end the day?
Because if you are scum banking on a joat claim to save you for a night and expect you die tomorrow it’s the right play to cut off discussion and porkens softed a pr?
[/quote]

I'm shocked that you think that scum!me makes a fake claim that is only intended to buy me a night, which is the only context in which that actually makes sense.

Maybe it's just my better understanding of myself, but that doesn't make any sense to me, but I guess I can see it from an outsiders perspective. Alright. Paranoia sorta accepted.

Return to “Team Mafia 2023”