Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2023 4:18 am

Post by Merlyn »

EBWOP:
In post 424, Merlyn wrote:
In post 412, Mislim Bait wrote: UNVOTE: MintChippo

alright looks like clark's replacement is gonna take some time
I want to know why people have mint as top town
Everyone seemed to ignore my pushes on mint but everyone have them as top in their town read list without a good explanation why
Okay, my initial reasons I'll pull from my 189 post:
In post 189, Merlyn wrote: MintChippo- Mint is my strongest townread so far. His posts and , , shows usual actual posts to make decisions, and he's also gone out of his way to question a lot of players. I like his answer to eektor in - alianna's unvote had already dialed back the situation, it actually would have looked really strange to me if he had also unvoted. We share a lot of views .
The chat that happens later with Jason about posting style seemed reasonable and NAI to me- I can see why Jason feels that way (I think it's due to the explanations/summaries that Mint makes when linking) but I'm personally not bothered by it.

He asks a good question again in and I liked his response in . His post in did actually bother me a bit, but he rephrased the part that bothered me in .
MintChippo
MintChippo
Goon
MintChippo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2023 4:25 am

Post by MintChippo »

In post 418, usesPython wrote: Like from perspective:
  • usesPython
    KaninIGuess
    - Town
  • Merlyn - Wants an eektor lim
  • iamveryhappy - The counterwagon
  • eektor - The wagon
  • Mislim Bait
    ratrat
    - Wants a MintChippo lim, not a viable counterwagon to save eektor
  • MintChippo - Completely ignoring eektor

• JasonWazza (SE) - Pressure probably
  • Alianna (SE) - Wants an eektor lim
  • ClarkBar (SE)
    - Being replaced
Actually nvm threadstate makes sense VOTE: eektor
On this point, I haven't said much about the push against Eektor because I don't find the case against them as convincing as Happy's, but we also have very little information to work with on Day 1 so it's hard to be completely confident either way. If I was reading eektor as town, then I might be more compelled to resist the wagon, but they're still null for me so I'm fine with this. I also really like Merlyn's final point in post eektor says this is a reach but I disagree. I think it's a good point, even if I agree with eektor on the person they want to push against.
usesPython
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2023 4:34 am

Post by usesPython »

In post 426, MintChippo wrote: On this point, I haven't said much about the push against Eektor because I don't find the case against them as convincing as Happy's, but we also have very little information to work with on Day 1 so it's hard to be completely confident either way. If I was reading eektor as town, then I might be more compelled to resist the wagon, but they're still null for me so I'm fine with this. I also really like Merlyn's final point in post eektor says this is a reach but I disagree. I think it's a good point, even if I agree with eektor on the person they want to push against.
I mean that's the kind of thing I was talking about, if we're accurately pushing scum d1 then I'd expect resistance from scum but like no one is actively defending eektor? Like from the people that have had time to post and expand their thoughts since the wagon formed eektor's basically a consensus lim, if they were scum I'd have expected at least some defense or some sort of counterwagon on happy or
something
instead of eektor just solo defending themselves
Plural
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2023 4:37 am

Post by Merlyn »

In post 413, Mislim Bait wrote:
In post 395, JasonWazza wrote: Also Alianna flat out ignoring my vote kinda makes it sit in a crappy spot, may as well use it better.

UNVOTE: Alianna
VOTE: Eektor
In post 396, Merlyn wrote: I'm not loving Alianna's non responses- she blew off both my questions, but I see she's on VLA so it's pointless to vote her.

VOTE: eektor
this is E-1
These posts are besides each other and I hate how both voted eektor over alianna just because she's VLA/Ignoring the vote
If I felt more strongly that Alianna was scum, I wouldn't let her VLA affect things, but I want more interaction with her to help make up my mind.
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2023 4:38 am

Post by Merlyn »

In post 427, usesPython wrote:
In post 426, MintChippo wrote: On this point, I haven't said much about the push against Eektor because I don't find the case against them as convincing as Happy's, but we also have very little information to work with on Day 1 so it's hard to be completely confident either way. If I was reading eektor as town, then I might be more compelled to resist the wagon, but they're still null for me so I'm fine with this. I also really like Merlyn's final point in post eektor says this is a reach but I disagree. I think it's a good point, even if I agree with eektor on the person they want to push against.
I mean that's the kind of thing I was talking about, if we're accurately pushing scum d1 then I'd expect resistance from scum but like no one is actively defending eektor? Like from the people that have had time to post and expand their thoughts since the wagon formed eektor's basically a consensus lim, if they were scum I'd have expected at least some defense or some sort of counterwagon on happy or
something
Yeah, I get this- I'm uncomfortable with the fact that one of the votes for eektor is happy with an RVS vote. I just don't have any better ideas at the moment.
MintChippo
MintChippo
Goon
MintChippo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2023 4:45 am

Post by MintChippo »

I'll also say that eektor's posts after the E-1 seem different to me than what they've posted before. When they've previously responded to arguments against them, like in and they always seem to approach it in a fairly calm way. But starting after the E-1 with they made a series of posts that didn't really
object
to much of what was being said. It feels a bit like panicking, like in where they seem like they're desperate to find a way to get votes off of them without actually saying things that will convince people they're wrong.

I can definitely see where people are coming from with their suspicions here, they just don't feel like the best choice to me.
MintChippo
MintChippo
Goon
MintChippo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2023 4:47 am

Post by MintChippo »

In post 427, usesPython wrote: I mean that's the kind of thing I was talking about, if we're accurately pushing scum d1 then I'd expect resistance from scum but like no one is actively defending eektor? Like from the people that have had time to post and expand their thoughts since the wagon formed eektor's basically a consensus lim, if they were scum I'd have expected at least some defense or some sort of counterwagon on happy or
something
I can understand your point here, but in you said that you didn't feel this way after all. I'm not trying to point out a contradiction, but I am wondering whether you're actually still feeling this way or not.
usesPython
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2023 4:48 am

Post by usesPython »

In post 431, MintChippo wrote:
In post 427, usesPython wrote: I mean that's the kind of thing I was talking about, if we're accurately pushing scum d1 then I'd expect resistance from scum but like no one is actively defending eektor? Like from the people that have had time to post and expand their thoughts since the wagon formed eektor's basically a consensus lim, if they were scum I'd have expected at least some defense or some sort of counterwagon on happy or
something
I can understand your point here, but in you said that you didn't feel this way after all. I'm not trying to point out a contradiction, but I am wondering whether you're actually still feeling this way or not.
smh pointing out the reaction test smh smh
Plural
usesPython
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2023 4:49 am

Post by usesPython »

Jason, Clark, happy, and you would have been viable partners when I posted that, I put my vote back on to see if any of them did anything
Plural
JasonWazza
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2023 5:21 am

Post by JasonWazza »

In post 418, usesPython wrote: JasonWazza (SE) - Pressure probably
Huh? They were null scum, nothing has changed and they have moved to a scum read, i tried to give them some room, to actually prove they were town, rather then just do nothing, since then, nothing has changed, they continued their style of play.

I also for the most part agree that Happy probably shouldn't be a D1 lim, i just thought at the time that they were the better option, and that allowing Eektor some time might change what they are doing (i know my style of pressure doesn't always work in terms of getting something useful out of a player, hence trying to also give some room).

Also i get the feeling that Alianna/Eektor would potentially be a scum team (Alianna using to try and posture that i'm making Eektor look better while the wagon is smaller, when frankly nothing had actually changed by Eektor, so prepping a partner for when their partner goes down.)

So while i'm not directly targeting Alianna, i'm targeting a potential partner in my mind.

Frankly i'm 100% happy with an Eektor lim.

Also frankly don't like Alianna's reasoning to not react to a point about optics (if i react it's bad, that's a cop out)

That said i would at least like our Clark replacement to at least be able to post a little before we get a lim.
In post 418, usesPython wrote: Alianna (SE) - Wants an eektor lim
And frankly i don't really believe the above, just to be clear, they are posturing like they are ok, i don't buy it.
Returning win rate: 4/1, 80%
In the process of creating a game to mod, we will see what it holds.
eektor
eektor
Goon
eektor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2023 5:59 am

Post by eektor »

In post 411, Merlyn wrote:
In post 408, eektor wrote: I have addressed those points.

I think its a pretty far reach to consider point 1 a cunning player.

And to your last point, I do believe my wagon is a pretty easy wagon for scum to join.
You did address it, I just didn't like your answer tbh.

I said 'cunning enough', and I meant that they would have to have some kind of strategy for point 1, and I just don't see happy playing with any kind of strategy.

Okay- who do you think is the scum on your wagon right now?
I'm still thinking happy is the best bet for the scum on my wagon. if you guys eliminate me, all they can say is,"Oh well that was my rvs vote, that I didn't bother to change."
usesPython
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2023 6:03 am

Post by usesPython »

In post 435, eektor wrote: I'm still thinking happy is the best bet for the scum on my wagon. if you guys eliminate me, all they can say is,"Oh well that was my rvs vote, that I didn't bother to change."
Do you actually think happy survives d2?
Plural
eektor
eektor
Goon
eektor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2023 6:04 am

Post by eektor »

In post 415, usesPython wrote:
In post 405, eektor wrote: You say I give off LAMIST!Scum vibes but then you say that's how you play as scum? Are you actually calling yourself lame? This vote makes no sense.
As others have said, LAMIST = Look at me, I'm so town.
In post 406, eektor wrote: @userpython you said you can better information from voting me out. What information will you get?
I never said that? I'm voting you because I scumread you for making a bunch of questions that basically amount to "what are your reads?" and then never following up on any of them because it's the exact same thing I do as scum

I apologize, I don't know the acronyms and I didn't realize that was an acronym to look it up.

Also, no you didn't. I thought I read someone say that there were better day 1 lims to get more information from than happy. I thought that was you. That's my fault for posting last night with a fever of 102.

On that note, I just want to say I got tested positive for COVID today. They prescribed me medicine that is helping me a lot. I feel better than the last two days.
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2023 6:06 am

Post by Doctor Drew »

I am up to page 8ish, one thing I will say up until that point is that I could not see myself voting for happy.

UNVOTE:

Pre Edit: Take care of yourself eektor, hopefully it is a relatively mild case of COVID.
'dREW DID IT BETTER' - T-Bone
'doctor drew our hero' - Shiki
'I love playing with him, he's got an amazing presence to him that just feels like the game is lacking something when he's not there' - JacksonVirgo
eektor
eektor
Goon
eektor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2023 6:07 am

Post by eektor »

In post 436, usesPython wrote:
In post 435, eektor wrote: I'm still thinking happy is the best bet for the scum on my wagon. if you guys eliminate me, all they can say is, "Oh well that was my rvs vote, that I didn't bother to change."
Do you actually think happy survives d2?
I think so.
usesPython
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2023 6:07 am

Post by usesPython »

In post 437, eektor wrote: I apologize, I don't know the acronyms and I didn't realize that was an acronym to look it up.

On that note, I just want to say I got tested positive for COVID today. They prescribed me medicine that is helping me a lot. I feel better than the last two days.
All good, the wiki generally has most acronyms and other terminology here and here

Also hope you get well soon
Plural
eektor
eektor
Goon
eektor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2023 6:09 am

Post by eektor »

In post 438, Doctor Drew wrote: I am up to page 8ish, one thing I will say up until that point is that I could not see myself voting for happy.

UNVOTE:

Pre Edit: Take care of yourself eektor, hopefully it is a relatively mild case of COVID.
Thank you
eektor
eektor
Goon
eektor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2023 6:12 am

Post by eektor »

In post 418, usesPython wrote: Like from perspective:
  • usesPython
    KaninIGuess
    - Town
  • Merlyn - Wants an eektor lim
  • iamveryhappy - The counterwagon
  • eektor - The wagon
  • Mislim Bait
    ratrat
    - Wants a MintChippo lim, not a viable counterwagon to save eektor
  • MintChippo - Completely ignoring eektor
  • JasonWazza (SE) - Pressure probably
  • Alianna (SE) - Wants an eektor lim
  • ClarkBar (SE)
    - Being replaced
Actually nvm threadstate makes sense VOTE: eektor
This is an interesting post. Give me some time and I put up some thoughts. One thing I believe is I am the counterwagon to happy. Not the other way around. Just because there was a wagon on him first and took it to E-1 and then came my wagon.
usesPython
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2023 6:19 am

Post by usesPython »

In post 434, JasonWazza wrote:
Huh? They were null scum, nothing has changed and they have moved to a scum read, i tried to give them some room, to actually prove they were town, rather then just do nothing, since then, nothing has changed, they continued their style of play.
I mean you're kinda proving my point then that eektor seems to be a consensus scumread with basically no opposition
Plural
JasonWazza
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2023 6:26 am

Post by JasonWazza »

In post 443, usesPython wrote:
In post 434, JasonWazza wrote:
I mean you're kinda proving my point then that eektor seems to be a consensus scumread with basically no opposition
I mean if you read my entire post you would actually get what i think, i don't think it's in any way a consensus read, and hell your kinda proving that by trying to oppose it with this reasoning when there is still opposition, i don't read Alianna as an actual proponent of the Lim.

Hell i'd argue your posting is trying to get off the Eektor wagon as much as possible, and trying to redirect it (even through trying to call other people to actually oppose it for you).
usesPython
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2023 6:34 am

Post by usesPython »

In post 444, JasonWazza wrote: I mean if you read my entire post you would actually get what i think, i don't think it's in any way a consensus read, and hell your kinda proving that by trying to oppose it with this reasoning when there is still opposition, i don't read Alianna as an actual proponent of the Lim.
Good for you? I think Alianna is serious which is why I'm writing this up
In post 444, JasonWazza wrote: Hell i'd argue your posting is trying to get off the Eektor wagon as much as possible, and trying to redirect it (even through trying to call other people to actually oppose it for you).
You're welcome to think that, it's wrong but the only way to disprove this statement is to know I'm town
Plural
usesPython
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2023 6:39 am

Post by usesPython »

Like are you unironically saying I'd make this kind of post in a Python/eektor game instead of just telling them to post that in the scum PT?
Plural
JasonWazza
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2023 6:43 am

Post by JasonWazza »

Hell lets actually follow through on your thinking.

Everyone agrees on Happy, therefore town
"Everyone" agrees on Eektor, therefore town.
Not everyone agrees on Alianna, Clearly she is scum, so obviously python you should go start the Alianna wagon again.
Repeat on every other slot.

I've always seen this thinking as scum trying to bus/distance, not realizing what they have started, and then trying to back pedal by saying "clearly we all agree, therefore this is town."

Speed/Resistance of a wagon doesn't work in this circumstance, especially in a circumstance where we are close to a deadline (everyone is aware deadline has been started again right?).

It also basically assumes that Mislim Bait isn't attempting to get people off the wagon with or that Doctor Drew as a replacement isn't potentially the partner, or hell that Happy isn't just a straight troll, and is trolling their partner.

P-Edit: you really think the PT existing is just an iron clad defense don't you, like that by the virtue of the PT existing that the other member of the scum team is just a meat puppet for the stronger player?

Doesn't account for post timing or anything.
usesPython
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2023 6:46 am

Post by usesPython »

My guy if I'm making a defense of my scumpartner that revolves around no one defending them -> mislim then I'm not gonna undermine my own damn point by making the defense myself instead of telling my partner to make that defense
Plural
usesPython
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2023 6:47 am

Post by usesPython »

Like go read my damn scumgames, if my partner's in trouble I know how to use the PT to set them up and feed them good points instead of outright defending them myself
Plural

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”