Amnesiac Mafia: The Movie! That's a Wrap!

For Team Mafia 2023 Games and Information
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2825 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2023 6:33 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

I don't think I want to claim. T-bone is the same kind of mod/setup designer as me in that he likes to punish town making assumptions.

And the more people claim the more I think we're making some really dangerous assumptions here and I don't want to lose to that.
tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #2826 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2023 6:35 am

Post by Titus »

I don't like all the fishing going on. Let's play mafia not mechanics.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #2827 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2023 6:35 am

Post by Titus »

Shea, join me on Dunn?
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #2828 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2023 6:36 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

I want klick or black. I don't think dunn is particularly scummy.
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #2829 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2023 6:39 am

Post by Black »

In post 2825, Thestatusquo wrote: I don't think I want to claim. T-bone is the same kind of mod/setup designer as me in that he likes to punish town making assumptions.

And the more people claim the more I think we're making some really dangerous assumptions here and I don't want to lose to that.
I want people to make mech decisions for me so I can't really object. The only thing that I hate about not claiming is that I won't be able to tell if anyone had my role yesterday. But ig even if someone did have it, there are other roles that could have interfered with it. So the results may not be what I'm hoping for anyway
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #2830 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2023 6:39 am

Post by Titus »

VOTE: Klick
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #2831 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2023 6:40 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

Dunn here reminds me a bit of dunn in firebringers business company game in that he's analytical and doesn't really push in any particular direction but he just is trying to puzzle stuff out which seems to be what he's doing here.

He was probably a bit more tryhard in that game than he was here but that is really the only difference I'm picking up on.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #2832 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2023 6:40 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

VOTE: Klick
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #2833 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2023 6:41 am

Post by Titus »

In post 2829, Black wrote:
In post 2825, Thestatusquo wrote: I don't think I want to claim. T-bone is the same kind of mod/setup designer as me in that he likes to punish town making assumptions.

I want people to make mech decisions for me so I can't really object. The only thing that I hate about not claiming is that I won't be able to tell if anyone had my role yesterday. But ig even if someone did have it, there are other roles that could have interfered with it. So the results may not be what I'm hoping for anyway
Just look for an odd reference to the flavor.

Ex: Someone puts a weird saying for being overwhelmed might relate to that.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #2834 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2023 6:41 am

Post by Klick »

In post 2828, Thestatusquo wrote: I want klick or black. I don't think dunn is particularly scummy.
Do you have a full sense of reads on everyone at this point and if so can you share them? Or is that not how you approach things generally
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #2835 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2023 6:43 am

Post by Black »

In post 2646, Titus wrote: I'm willing to give a little room for Black today on mech but Black is my primary suspect
So why vote Klick over me here?
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #2836 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2023 6:48 am

Post by Titus »

In post 2835, Black wrote:
In post 2646, Titus wrote: I'm willing to give a little room for Black today on mech but Black is my primary suspect
So why vote Klick over me here?
I want to see if someone confirms you. Odd tactic for scum you. Plus Klick is fishing.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #2837 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2023 6:49 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

I mostly do readlists as scum tbh because I don't find they're particularly helpful to me, but I'm willing to sit here and think about it for a sec.

Kuribo (Ghosts of NKs)
Ircher (Whimsical Activities)

Pink Ball (Jingle Ballers)
Titus (Crispy Cream Puffs)

GuyInFreezer (Average ™ Enjoyers)
Dunnstral (Polymewl)
Drixx (We Don’t Mafia)

Save The Dragons (Studies Show)
Firebringer (Perfectly Balanced)
Frozen Angel (Shadow Syndicate)

Black (Good in Plaid)
Klick (Klickin’ Chickens)

I think this is about where I'm at. Kinda surprised myself with a few of these. Firebringer is someone who the more he posts recently the more worried I get about him. I know he'll be delighted to hear this. I also kind of thought I would have StD higher but I just kept deciding that people were more townie than he was as I went down the list.
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #2838 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2023 6:50 am

Post by Klick »

I'll repeat, when is the last time a scum actually got caught in a game thread for """fishing"""

An alternative explanation is that I don't give a shit about actual role utility beyond using it to solve behaviourally, which is observable in my behaviour all across the site
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #2839 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2023 6:51 am

Post by Black »

In post 2812, Klick wrote:
In post 2775, Black wrote: VOTE: Klick

I'm not feeling this slot atm. I don't like how he positioned himself on the DE wagon after DE was his top townread. I also don't like the way he did it by saying he's sheeping PB which relieved him of the responsibility of the mislim. I didn't like how he handled the kuribo bread crumbing and I didn't like how he had GiF at the bottom of his reads list but voted for DE after traction on a GiF lim picked up. Aureal pointed out that Klick is more dismissive than usual, and that he might be trying to pocket me and tbh I can kinda see it. I wanna go here for now
What is Aureal's reference for thinking I'm more dismissive than usual?
Here's her answer, paraphrased:

She has only played with you once but she found you to be very patient and interested in the "whys" and discussing them. She said you weren't even the smallest bit dismissive that game so any amount of dismissiveness here is more than she expects. Even your opening "come at me scum ducks" gave her weird vibes because it doesn't feel like (to her) that you have an aggressive bone in your body (fwiw I think I disagree here at least). Then she mentioned a trick you played on Andante to see if she was reading but she noted that even there you were very nice about it
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #2840 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2023 6:53 am

Post by Black »

In post 2837, Thestatusquo wrote: Black (Good in Plaid)
You and Titus SRing me since page 5 is exhausting
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #2841 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2023 6:54 am

Post by Black »

It feels like no matter what I do this game both of you are going to ride this weak ass scumread out until I flip town
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #2842 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2023 6:54 am

Post by Save The Dragons »

VOTE: klick
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #2843 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2023 6:55 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

I feel like I went pretty up and down on you. For me what is going on is I have a lot of reasons that I find a lot of other slots to be pretty townie so by necessity someone has to be at the bottom of the list.

I'm not usually a big PoE player but I feel like this game really lends itself to a PoE approach.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2844 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2023 6:58 am

Post by Drixx »

In post 2816, Thestatusquo wrote:
In post 2813, Drixx wrote:
In post 2811, kuribo wrote: So Mala brought up something that I missed:
In post 2587, Titus wrote: Kuribo claimed mason as a lover.
Titus

How'd you know?

Did ya get the other role PM and you can't post in the PT because you're not town? Because that's what Mala thinks. I thought maybe you were going to claim rolecop, but you've claimed not to have taken any action.
Kuribo is clearly town.

As for the setup spec going on ... consider that all of our power is in roles that are randomly assigned. The more of us that die, the more likely it is that our power roles end up on dead or scum slots instead of us. That's a built in decline in power. That plus lovers as NU should be considered when trying to figure this out. Also I like that people are finally realizing that there are paths to making people very nearly conftown.

Since scum are going to end up seeing the roles over time, and probably already saw some, there's no utility to playing coy and trying to "hide" info. Hard claims of what we all had D1 is the play, and as you all discuss more, you're starting to realize why.

And for the record ... this also constitutes a BOP argument against Titus as well. She clearly would have thought through all these angles, and the fact that she has been playing dumb and pretending that none of these things occurred to her is really just not believable.
I think you're outguessing the mod and its very likely to make us lose. There are trivial ways to make some of these roles not conf town. Just off the top of my head what if the scum has a role like "2-shot mimic" which can mimic an amnesiac role or something.

Just my first thought. You are looking at the setup and looking at all these possible conf town and not taking the next logical step, which is thinking that scum must have a way to counter that or the setup is broken. 5-6 conf town on day 2-3 is so far over the edge of not balanced that it doesn't matter if the ability to confirm goes down, town can win the game by just eliminating at random within those who are not conf town. There HAS to be a counter, and we don't know what it is. That's dangerous.

You seem to not be thinking about that danger at all.
Consider the claimed lovers PT situation. Scum don't actually get the role so can never post in that PT. As soon as someone besides Kuribo/Ircher comes forward and confirms that both of them posted there, doesn't that very nearly conftown them? There is an edge case where Kuribo/Ircher are scum, but I think how to handle that is self evident, and not super smart to explicitly state at this moment.

The whole reason I'm saying what I'm saying, by the way, is so that others can interact with it. Instead of assuming that I am suggesting my thoughts are complete and air tight, please respond and give your own thoughts.

The lack of information makes what we do know difficult to reconcile.
Get to know a Drixx - Recently Updated!
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #2845 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2023 6:59 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

Like to give more insight into my scum hunting I usually like to think of the game as clusters of interaction where players clump together in my mind as being linked through their interaction, not necessarily that they're aligned or must not be aligned, but rather that they just are linked in some way with how resolving them effects the game state. I think of them as keystone reads because they're the most important things to figure out and doing so allows me to put a lot of other slots into perspective.

And I'm really struggling to do that this game. Drixx and StD feel like one such pair to me and you and titus and firebringer kind of feel like another clump but other than that the game isn't really collating in my mind around this axis so I'm trying to be more individualistic and think more in terms of overall PoE.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #2846 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2023 7:00 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 2844, Drixx wrote:
In post 2816, Thestatusquo wrote:
In post 2813, Drixx wrote:
In post 2811, kuribo wrote: So Mala brought up something that I missed:
In post 2587, Titus wrote: Kuribo claimed mason as a lover.
Titus

How'd you know?

Did ya get the other role PM and you can't post in the PT because you're not town? Because that's what Mala thinks. I thought maybe you were going to claim rolecop, but you've claimed not to have taken any action.
Kuribo is clearly town.

As for the setup spec going on ... consider that all of our power is in roles that are randomly assigned. The more of us that die, the more likely it is that our power roles end up on dead or scum slots instead of us. That's a built in decline in power. That plus lovers as NU should be considered when trying to figure this out. Also I like that people are finally realizing that there are paths to making people very nearly conftown.

Since scum are going to end up seeing the roles over time, and probably already saw some, there's no utility to playing coy and trying to "hide" info. Hard claims of what we all had D1 is the play, and as you all discuss more, you're starting to realize why.

And for the record ... this also constitutes a BOP argument against Titus as well. She clearly would have thought through all these angles, and the fact that she has been playing dumb and pretending that none of these things occurred to her is really just not believable.
I think you're outguessing the mod and its very likely to make us lose. There are trivial ways to make some of these roles not conf town. Just off the top of my head what if the scum has a role like "2-shot mimic" which can mimic an amnesiac role or something.

Just my first thought. You are looking at the setup and looking at all these possible conf town and not taking the next logical step, which is thinking that scum must have a way to counter that or the setup is broken. 5-6 conf town on day 2-3 is so far over the edge of not balanced that it doesn't matter if the ability to confirm goes down, town can win the game by just eliminating at random within those who are not conf town. There HAS to be a counter, and we don't know what it is. That's dangerous.

You seem to not be thinking about that danger at all.
Consider the claimed lovers PT situation. Scum don't actually get the role so can never post in that PT. As soon as someone besides Kuribo/Ircher comes forward and confirms that both of them posted there, doesn't that very nearly conftown them? There is an edge case where Kuribo/Ircher are scum, but I think how to handle that is self evident, and not super smart to explicitly state at this moment.

The whole reason I'm saying what I'm saying, by the way, is so that others can interact with it. Instead of assuming that I am suggesting my thoughts are complete and air tight, please respond and give your own thoughts.

The lack of information makes what we do know difficult to reconcile.
This was me giving you my thoughts. As was this:

I think this mechanical approach is incredibly dangerous and opens us up to get blindsided by parts of the setup we have no way of predicting.
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2847 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2023 7:02 am

Post by Pink Ball »

Koba just pinged me, wants me to tell y'all that they're swamped but if anyone wants them to look at something specific in case their perspective is necessary they'll look into it. Said that they can't keep up with the game atm and the mech talk is cringe.

Jingle on the other hand is thriving. He wants to break the setup.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #2848 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2023 7:04 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 2840, Black wrote:
Are you interested in any other part of the list besides yourself?
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #2849 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2023 7:06 am

Post by Black »

In post 2848, Thestatusquo wrote:
In post 2840, Black wrote:
Are you interested in any other part of the list besides yourself?
Yeah. I'm not sure why GiF is so high
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!

Return to “Team Mafia 2023”