Mafia Scum
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #450 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2023 6:54 am

Post by usesPython »

In post 447, JasonWazza wrote: Speed/Resistance of a wagon doesn't work in this circumstance, especially in a circumstance where we are close to a deadline (everyone is aware deadline has been started again right?).
I'd say it works even harder here because the closer the deadline gets the likelier a wagon is to go through, scum know this and have more incentive to create a counterwagon at that point to stop that from happening
Plural
usesPython
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2023 6:57 am

Post by usesPython »

In post 447, JasonWazza wrote: Hell lets actually follow through on your thinking.

Everyone agrees on Happy, therefore town
Drew, Alianna, myself aren't ok with a happy lim and we're pretty open about it, that argument doesn't work here.
Plural
JasonWazza
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2023 7:00 am

Post by JasonWazza »

Let's do a thought experiment.

, Let's call this post 0 Hours for this example. You had previously posted at -2 Hours, this post is me voting Eektor, then at +7 Hours, Merlyn makes you are not online as far as i can tell at this time, Eektor posts - at around +13 hours, you come back online and post at +19 hours, at this time Eektor is no longer around, realizing this at +21 hours you post and at which point you can't really advise him to make this post, as you couldn't have guaranteed his safety if you didn't potentially step in sooner.

On a time crunch deadline, you can't risk an intent to hammer and a forced claim from Eektor especially given your telling us that scum can't bus, so there is no way you can risk any of this happening, and want to stall the wagon, without actually risking changing your opinion and looking very scummy when Eektor potentially flips scum.

P-Edit: Maybe i'm misremembering Alianna's stance (i could be, but i didn't think they were super against Happy), and i wouldn't really count Drew just yet because they have barely been here.
Returning win rate: 4/1, 80%
In the process of creating a game to mod, we will see what it holds.
eektor
eektor
Goon
eektor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2023 7:05 am

Post by eektor »

Happy wagon
Jason – starts the wagon with a semi-serious vote
Alianna – jumps on with a another semi-serious vote
Jason – jumps off and votes me.
Jason – unvotes me and jumps back on this wagon.
Merlyn – looks like they scum read happy but don’t vote
Mint – jumps on wagon to put at E-2
Clarke – jumps on wagon to put at E-1
Alianna – jumps off happy wagon going back to E-2
Jason – unvotes happy and votes for Alianna.
eektor – I vote for happy putting him at E-2
Dr. Drew/ Clarke – unvotes

eektor – counter wagon
Jason jumps to start my wagon, adding to happy’s rvs vote
Alianna – shows read list with me as scum
Merlyn – votes for me
Alianna – votes for me putting me at E-2
Merlyn – unvotes me
Alianna – unvotes me and votes for Kanin
usesPython/Kanin – votes for me
Jason – jumps back to me putting me at E-2
Merlyn – goes back to me E-1
Alianna – announces she is capable of hammering me.

Some things that comes to my attention is the Mislim has not been involved in either wagons. Jason started both wagons. usesPython started the wagon again for me after it died down. Merlyn votes and even unvotes usually followed soon after other people.
usesPython
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2023 7:05 am

Post by usesPython »

In post 452, JasonWazza wrote: Let's do a thought experiment.

, Let's call this post 0 Hours for this example. You had previously posted at -2 Hours, this post is me voting Eektor, then at +7 Hours, Merlyn makes you are not online as far as i can tell at this time, Eektor posts - at around +13 hours, you come back online and post at +19 hours, at this time Eektor is no longer around, realizing this at +21 hours you post and at which point you can't really advise him to make this post, as you couldn't have guaranteed his safety if you didn't potentially step in sooner.

On a time crunch deadline, you can't risk an intent to hammer and a forced claim from Eektor especially given your telling us that scum can't bus, so there is no way you can risk any of this happening, and want to stall the wagon, without actually risking changing your opinion and looking very scummy when Eektor potentially flips scum.

P-Edit: Maybe i'm misremembering Alianna's stance (i could be, but i didn't think they were super against Happy), and i wouldn't really count Drew just yet because they have barely been here.
I'm UTC+2, I'd be around for the E-1 but not the posts by eektor. Also I made those posts before Drew replaced in, the only people that could have reasonably declared intent is Alianna, Mislim Bait, and MintChippo and all of them are either V/LA or too scared to hammer before Clark gets replaced
Plural
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2023 7:08 am

Post by Merlyn »

In post 437, eektor wrote: I apologize, I don't know the acronyms and I didn't realize that was an acronym to look it up.

Also, no you didn't. I thought I read someone say that there were better day 1 lims to get more information from than happy. I thought that was you. That's my fault for posting last night with a fever of 102.

On that note, I just want to say I got tested positive for COVID today. They prescribed me medicine that is helping me a lot. I feel better than the last two days.
Holy shit, that sucks! I'm glad you're feeling better and I hope you're on the mend.
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2023 7:09 am

Post by Merlyn »

In post 444, JasonWazza wrote: i don't read Alianna as an actual proponent of the Lim.
Really? She said she was going to hammer if no one objected.
JasonWazza
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2023 7:11 am

Post by JasonWazza »

In post 454, usesPython wrote:
In post 452, JasonWazza wrote: Let's do a thought experiment.

I'm UTC+2, I'd be around for the E-1 but not the posts by eektor. Also I made those posts before Drew replaced in, the only people that could have reasonably declared intent is Alianna, Mislim Bait, and MintChippo and all of them are either V/LA or too scared to hammer before Clark gets replaced
Reminder, intent to hammer is just as bad as an actual hammer, if losing your scum partner this early is so bad, then having them have to claim is just as bad (if not potentially worse).

And while you say you were there for the E-1, we can't
actually
know that for sure now can we?
In post 456, Merlyn wrote:
In post 444, JasonWazza wrote: i don't read Alianna as an actual proponent of the Lim.
No she didn't.
eektor
eektor
Goon
eektor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2023 7:12 am

Post by eektor »

In post 434, JasonWazza wrote:
Also i get the feeling that Alianna/Eektor would potentially be a scum team (Alianna using to try and posture that i'm making Eektor look better while the wagon is smaller, when frankly nothing had actually changed by Eektor, so prepping a partner for when their partner goes down.)

So while i'm not directly targeting Alianna, i'm targeting a potential partner in my mind.

Frankly i'm 100% happy with an Eektor lim.

Also frankly don't like Alianna's reasoning to not react to a point about optics (if i react it's bad, that's a cop out)

That said i would at least like our Clark replacement to at least be able to post a little before we get a lim.
In post 418, usesPython wrote: Alianna (SE) - Wants an eektor lim
And frankly i don't really believe the above, just to be clear, they are posturing like they are ok, i don't buy it.
This is quite a stretch saying Alianna is a potential partner of mine and also that she is not willing to eliminate me. One if I was scum and she was my partner, would my very first case be about her? Also, while everyone was focused on happy, why would I keep asking questions about her if she was a potential partner. She also has been scum reading me pretty much the whole game. Got off a happy wagon to join you, Jason, on starting my wagon. So I think her intention was pretty clear that she had no qualms with hammering me.
usesPython
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2023 7:12 am

Post by usesPython »

In post 457, JasonWazza wrote: And while you say you were there for the E-1, we can't
actually
I'm literally posting at the same time you're talking about a day later
Plural
usesPython
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2023 7:14 am

Post by usesPython »

In post 457, JasonWazza wrote:
No she didn't.
In post 403, Alianna wrote: On a skim, my read there remains unchanged. I'd normally declare intent to hammer and ask for a claim, but I'm not sure if we'd rather wait for a Clark replacement before we execute anyone?

In post 457, JasonWazza wrote: Reminder, intent to hammer is just as bad as an actual hammer, if losing your scum partner this early is so bad, then having them have to claim is just as bad (if not potentially worse).
Let me put it this way: I have exactly zero faith in any of those people actually declaring intent before Clark gets replaced
Plural
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2023 7:15 am

Post by Merlyn »

In post 453, eektor wrote: Merlyn – looks like they scum read happy but don’t vote
Can you please point to the specific post/s you're referring to here? I just went back and read what I said before Mint voted and I don't know what you're referring to.
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2023 7:18 am

Post by Merlyn »

No she didn't.
We're both talking about this post, right?
In post 403, Alianna wrote: On a skim, my read there remains unchanged. I'd normally declare intent to hammer and ask for a claim, but I'm not sure if we'd rather wait for a Clark replacement before we execute anyone?
Am I right that you're saying she was lying about intending to hammer if no one objected?
eektor
eektor
Goon
eektor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2023 7:20 am

Post by eektor »

In post 461, Merlyn wrote:
In post 453, eektor wrote: Merlyn – looks like they scum read happy but don’t vote
Can you please point to the specific post/s you're referring to here? I just went back and read what I said before Mint voted and I don't know what you're referring to.
Sorry, I need to go back as I didn't record the posts that made me think that. Give me some time, because I need to rest.
JasonWazza
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2023 7:23 am

Post by JasonWazza »

"I'd normally declare intent to hammer"

meaning; I'm not actually wanting to declare intent to hammer.
In post 458, eektor wrote:
In post 434, JasonWazza wrote:
Also i get the feeling that Alianna/Eektor would potentially be a scum team (Alianna using to try and posture that i'm making Eektor look better while the wagon is smaller, when frankly nothing had actually changed by Eektor, so prepping a partner for when their partner goes down.)

So while i'm not directly targeting Alianna, i'm targeting a potential partner in my mind.

Frankly i'm 100% happy with an Eektor lim.

Also frankly don't like Alianna's reasoning to not react to a point about optics (if i react it's bad, that's a cop out)

That said i would at least like our Clark replacement to at least be able to post a little before we get a lim.
In post 418, usesPython wrote: Alianna (SE) - Wants an eektor lim
And frankly i don't really believe the above, just to be clear, they are posturing like they are ok, i don't buy it.
This is quite a stretch saying Alianna is a potential partner of mine and also that she is not willing to eliminate me. One if I was scum and she was my partner, would my very first case be about her? Also, while everyone was focused on happy, why would I keep asking questions about her if she was a potential partner. She also has been scum reading me pretty much the whole game. Got off a happy wagon to join you, Jason, on starting my wagon. So I think her intention was pretty clear that she had no qualms with hammering me.
How is it you unironically posted the exact reason scum distance, and didn't even acknowledge it as a possibility.
In post 459, usesPython wrote:
In post 457, JasonWazza wrote: And while you say you were there for the E-1, we can't
actually
I'm literally posting at the same time you're talking about a day later
Doesn't mean you were able to post at the same time the day before.
usesPython
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2023 7:27 am

Post by usesPython »

If their timeline is in chronological order it'd be any of /////
Plural
usesPython
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2023 7:30 am

Post by usesPython »

In post 464, JasonWazza wrote: Doesn't mean you were able to post at the same time the day before.
You're implying I'd touch grass at 8pm on a Tuesday but then not touch grass at 8pm on a Wednesday?
Plural
JasonWazza
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2023 7:32 am

Post by JasonWazza »

Spoiler: big post don't want to clog the thread with quotes
In post 460, usesPython wrote:
No she didn't.

In post 457, JasonWazza wrote: Reminder, intent to hammer is just as bad as an actual hammer, if losing your scum partner this early is so bad, then having them have to claim is just as bad (if not potentially worse).
Let me put it this way: I have exactly zero faith in any of those people actually declaring intent before Clark gets replaced

I will just point out, yeah I actually accept this reasoning, as i can see that reasoning as realistic.

P-Edit: I'm saying we can't assume that someone is online every day, at the exact same times, shit happens.
usesPython
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2023 7:37 am

Post by usesPython »

In post 467, JasonWazza wrote: P-Edit: I'm saying we can't assume that someone is online every day, at the exact same times, shit happens.
I'm a student who does distance learning (read: learn from textbooks and take exams) so I tend to be available all day (And tend to announce V/LA when that's not the case) but fair enough
Plural
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2023 7:42 am

Post by Merlyn »

In post 465, usesPython wrote:
If their timeline is in chronological order it'd be any of /////
95 is about Clark, but yeah that's my point about the rest. I'm not seeing anywhere where it looks like I'm reading happy scum and not voting.
iamveryhappy
iamveryhappy
all
Mafia Scum
iamveryhappy
all
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: all

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2023 7:59 am

Post by iamveryhappy »

In post 436, usesPython wrote:
In post 435, eektor wrote: I'm still thinking happy is the best bet for the scum on my wagon. if you guys eliminate me, all they can say is,"Oh well that was my rvs vote, that I didn't bother to change."
Do you actually think happy survives d2?
I don't feel like I survive d2 unless I get mechanically cleared
just saying I have a real chance of dying n1
iavh is slightly annoyed
iamveryhappy
iamveryhappy
all
Mafia Scum
iamveryhappy
all
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: all

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2023 8:01 am

Post by iamveryhappy »

UNVOTE: eektor
just in case some random person decides to lolhammer
happens many times
iavh is slightly annoyed
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2023 9:07 am

Post by Doctor Drew »

Ok more or less caught up, and have tried to keep up with the happenings of today as well.

I have changed my view of Happy. I think it was Jason who said it, but I feel like his buddy would have shut down all the PR talk. So if they are scum then their buddy probably was afk.

This is kinda aligned with my read of python(which is influenced by kanini as well). Their post early in the game about being so confused and not knowing what to do pinged me as fake......and then later on before they replaced out they seemed to make some posts liked they at least knew what was going on. And then today when python was defending Happy they cited my post saying on page 8 that I was hard against their elim. Like, again as Jason said, seems a bit weird to use the second post from someone replacing in who admits to only reading a little bit as a way to build your defense of Happy.

Now, the read of python is based off scumHappy, so I do realize I am putting the cart before the horse. I also realize that given that Rat(mislim), Aliana, and even my slot have been completely absent or hasn't been super active at times so the scum buddy pool would probably be in there.

I like Jason and merlyn for town.

I feel like I need more from Alianna to get a read on her so nullish on her.

I do like mislim's entrance, town lean there.

Slight scum lean on Python.

Stronger scum read on Happy.

Call me crazy, but eektor seems towny to me.

Mint, they are in the game(literally nothing jumped out at me skimming through lol).

So I am completely reversing course: VOTE: Happy

Feel like the combo of their play, the little bit of tonal shift when replacements came in, and the connective tissue associated with them makes this the smartest elim here.
'dREW DID IT BETTER' - T-Bone
'doctor drew our hero' - Shiki
'I love playing with him, he's got an amazing presence to him that just feels like the game is lacking something when he's not there' - JacksonVirgo
usesPython
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2023 9:17 am

Post by usesPython »

In post 472, Doctor Drew wrote: This is kinda aligned with my read of python(which is influenced by kanini as well). Their post early in the game about being so confused and not knowing what to do pinged me as fake......and then later on before they replaced out they seemed to make some posts liked they at least knew what was going on. And then today when python was defending Happy they cited my post saying on page 8 that I was hard against their elim. Like, again as Jason said, seems a bit weird to use the second post from someone replacing in who admits to only reading a little bit as a way to build your defense of Happy.
I mean I literally replaced into this slot cause I thought Kanin was scum so fair enough, but like I used you more as
part
of a refutation that "everyone wants to lim happy" and I've posted elsewhere why I think happy isn't scum outside of that
Plural
usesPython
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2023 9:18 am

Post by usesPython »

In post 472, Doctor Drew wrote: I think it was Jason who said it, but I feel like his buddy would have shut down all the PR talk. So if they are scum then their buddy probably was afk.
smh this is stolen valor, I was the one that pointed it out
Plural

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”