Amnesiac Mafia: The Movie! That's a Wrap!

For Team Mafia 2023 Games and Information
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #3025 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2023 1:54 pm

Post by Firebringer »

In post 3022, Black wrote:
In post 3013, Firebringer wrote: Yes, i am suspect number one.
I mean why is it shocking to you that people fos me but don't push me when you're doing the exact same thing?
i stated im not voting until we get everyones roles out.
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #3026 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2023 1:55 pm

Post by Firebringer »

In post 3023, Black wrote:
In post 3013, Firebringer wrote: A number of people have put u in the PoE bucket and u don't seem concerned about it. Not saying that equals u scum or town. Just saying I think it could mean that scum feel okay with putting u there cause ur not calling it out if ur town or ur an ally and ur safe to put there because u won't call them out.
I'm gonna assume you're just not reading my posts. Half of my iso is me calling out the shitty reads on me
u gotta stop doing this shit. I am talking about today. not yesterday
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #3027 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2023 2:23 pm

Post by Klick »

In post 2999, Firebringer wrote: alisae takes
ircher drixx fa gif
Kuribo titus klick
black std pb
shea dunn
Spicy

I feel pretty confident in Black town, I don't think this is her scum game at all and some of her takes seem very genuine

I could vote Dunn, I can't help myself but vote for the scumread who is positioned better in Titus but Dunn has pretty good odds of flipping scum imo

Interested in your Shea read as well as your confidence in FA/GIF town. If I can actually rely on your GIF read I feel like it greatly simplifies this game because it means a lot of my more questionable slots like Shea/Dunn/PB are just scum
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #3028 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2023 2:24 pm

Post by T-Bone »

Spoiler: Scene 16
The MovieINT. ABANDONED HOSPITAL - DAY

The Detective and the Doctor are walking through the empty halls of the hospital, flashlights in hand. They stop at a door marked "Quarantine."

DETECTIVE
This must be it.

DOCTOR
(looking at the door)
It's locked. I need to find a way to get it open.

The Writer appears from around the corner.

WRITER
Hey, what are you guys doing here?

DETECTIVE
We think we've found a lead on The Voice.

WRITER
(skeptical)
Here in this creepy old hospital?

DOCTOR
We found a door marked "Quarantine." It's locked, but we think it might lead to The Voice's hideout.

The Janitor suddenly appears, startling the group.

JANITOR
You shouldn't be here!

DETECTIVE
Why not?

JANITOR
The hospital's been abandoned for years. There's something not right about this place.

Suddenly, they hear a noise coming from behind the locked door.

DOCTOR
(to Janitor)
Do you know how to get this door open?

JANITOR
(grimly)
I do, but you don't want to go in there.

DETECTIVE
We don't have a choice.

The Janitor reluctantly pulls out a set of keys and unlocks the door. As they push it open, a foul odor fills the air.

Inside the quarantine room, they find the Mechanic lying on the floor, unconscious.

DOCTOR
(horrified)
What did they do to him?

The Writer notices a note lying beside the Mechanic.

WRITER
(picking up the note)
"Nice try, but you're too late. You'll never catch me. - The Voice"

DETECTIVE
(angrily)
We'll see about that.

The group helps the Mechanic to his feet and prepares to leave the hospital.

FADE OUT.

Vote Count
Klick - 4
(Ircher, Black, Titus, Thestatusquo)
Titus - 2
(Drixx, Klick)
Firebringer - 1
(Save The Dragons)

Not Voting - 6
(Dunnstral, Firebringer, Frozen Angel, GuyInFreezer, Kuribo, Pink Ball)

With 13 Alive, It Takes 7 to Eliminate

Activity Check:
All good!

Deadline: (expired on 2023-05-05 21:00:00)
My Top 40 Alt Songs of the Year!

"Playing in a Newbie game doesn't count" ~ PenguinPower, Feb 2019
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Survivor
Dunnstral
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #3029 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2023 2:36 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 3027, Klick wrote:
In post 2999, Firebringer wrote: alisae takes
ircher drixx fa gif
Kuribo titus klick
black std pb
shea dunn
Spicy

I feel pretty confident in Black town, I don't think this is her scum game at all and some of her takes seem very genuine

I could vote Dunn, I can't help myself but vote for the scumread who is positioned better in Titus but Dunn has pretty good odds of flipping scum imo

Interested in your Shea read as well as your confidence in FA/GIF town. If I can actually rely on your GIF read I feel like it greatly simplifies this game because it means a lot of my more questionable slots like Shea/Dunn/PB are just scum
Can you point to where my play is questionable?
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #3030 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2023 2:41 pm

Post by Klick »

Not really
I don't feel that you're particularly towny, I don't have a good reason to townread you and I'm satisfied with that as reasoning at the moment

Why are you observably town?
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet

Post Post #3031 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2023 2:52 pm

Post by Pink Ball »

Klick tell me about your reevaluation on me
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Survivor
Dunnstral
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3032 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2023 2:58 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

I don't like that I'm one of your bottom reads and your reasoning makes more sense for a null read. I also don't feel like I should need to explain to you why I am town, I think that you should have to explain why I am a valid vote and I should get to respond to that. The ball is in your court, don't ask me to pick up your slack.

I don't really know how I'd town case myself but I feel I've been giving opinions on both reads stuff and mech stuff and you haven't challenged me on any of that.
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #3033 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2023 2:58 pm

Post by Klick »

@PB: I really liked the energy from your DragonEater case and at the time I was like 'yes this is what I've been waiting for carry me pls PB' and it was really really good energy

But that's it. Everything before that felt like it could so easily be scum PB and everything since then has felt the same

You felt like such a presence as essentially an observer in Demon Slayer but maybe that's because whenever you did make a post it was noteworthy because I knew you were more right than other players lol.

Is the DragonEater case something you think you'd choose to make as scum?
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #3034 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2023 3:01 pm

Post by Klick »

In post 3032, Dunnstral wrote: I don't like that I'm one of your bottom reads and your reasoning makes more sense for a null read. I also don't feel like I should need to explain to you why I am town, I think that you should have to explain why I am a valid vote and I should get to respond to that. The ball is in your court, don't ask me to pick up your slack.

I don't really know how I'd town case myself but I feel I've been giving opinions on both reads stuff and mech stuff and you haven't challenged me on any of that.
VOTE: Dunnstral

Okay, you're scum because you're more interested in justifying your position in the game than in helping me see that you're town.
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet

Post Post #3035 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2023 3:06 pm

Post by Pink Ball »

In post 3033, Klick wrote: @PB: I really liked the energy from your DragonEater case and at the time I was like 'yes this is what I've been waiting for carry me pls PB' and it was really really good energy

But that's it. Everything before that felt like it could so easily be scum PB and everything since then has felt the same

You felt like such a presence as essentially an observer in Demon Slayer but maybe that's because whenever you did make a post it was noteworthy because I knew you were more right than other players lol.

I could make a case like that as scum, but not on a player like DragonEater. I would be too self conscious thinking that I was essentially pushing a lhf slot. Scum!PB thinks about the endgame. Town!PB tries to lim scum on D1 and get night killed. That’s the dream.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Survivor
Dunnstral
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3036 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2023 3:08 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 3034, Klick wrote:
In post 3032, Dunnstral wrote: I don't like that I'm one of your bottom reads and your reasoning makes more sense for a null read. I also don't feel like I should need to explain to you why I am town, I think that you should have to explain why I am a valid vote and I should get to respond to that. The ball is in your court, don't ask me to pick up your slack.

Okay, you're scum because you're more interested in justifying your position in the game than in helping me see that you're town.
? You asked me to town case myself
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Survivor
Dunnstral
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3037 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2023 3:09 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

And then you voted me for "justifying my position"
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Survivor
Dunnstral
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3038 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2023 3:10 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

And from my end it doesn't really seem like you're interested in interacting with me as you brushed me off when I talked to you about your read on me yesterday as well.
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #3039 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2023 3:14 pm

Post by Klick »

I only have the reasons that I actually have. Other than what you've just done that feels bad to me, you haven't done anything specific that has made me go 'oh that's a scummy take' or whatever. If you're measuring my reads outside of the context of the overall game then yeah you could call it a 'null read'. But if you did that for all of my reads on every player here you'd have a very town-skewed list because I feel more confident in my reasons for townreading the people I townread than in anything anyone has done that's potentially scum-indicative.

I'm not of the opinion that scum need to be caught through a back-and-forth of evaluation of specific posts and takes made in the thread. I often find that questioning people's takes directly is likely to make me townread them regardless of their actual alignment because they are able to tailor their response to me specifically and I'm a very... I'm missing the word I want here, not quite gullible, but that sort of vibe. I'm an easily-influenced person when people know what to do with me. I also find more generally that the method of direct questioning more strongly favors players who are most skilled at engaging in that sort of debate structure than anything to do with alignment. And so I find more reliable methods of solving and engaging that work for me.

You can say that I should engage in a more traditional way if you want but I just kind of disagree with that take fundamentally.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Survivor
Dunnstral
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3040 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2023 3:16 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

Is it wrong for me to say that you just called me scummy for doing something that you asked me to do?
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #3041 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2023 3:17 pm

Post by Klick »

In post 3036, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 3034, Klick wrote:

? You asked me to town case myself
In post 3037, Dunnstral wrote: And then you voted me for "justifying my position"
Yes, instead of discussing what actually makes you town here

I gave the thoughts that I have on you
What are your thoughts on you?
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #3042 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2023 3:18 pm

Post by Klick »

In post 3040, Dunnstral wrote: Is it wrong for me to say that you just called me scummy for doing something that you asked me to do?
Yes

You didn't town case yourself
You told me that was my job and briefly mentioned something about giving opinions?
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #3043 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2023 3:21 pm

Post by Klick »

In post 3035, Pink Ball wrote:
In post 3033, Klick wrote: @PB: I really liked the energy from your DragonEater case and at the time I was like 'yes this is what I've been waiting for carry me pls PB' and it was really really good energy

I could make a case like that as scum, but not on a player like DragonEater. I would be too self conscious thinking that I was essentially pushing a lhf slot. Scum!PB thinks about the endgame. Town!PB tries to lim scum on D1 and get night killed. That’s the dream.
That's kind of the impression I had and why it felt very towny to me in the first place
It didn't feel like enough though

Right now I feel like this is genuine and you're probably town.
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #3044 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2023 3:23 pm

Post by Klick »

In post 3039, Klick wrote:I'm missing the word I want here, not quite gullible, but that sort of vibe. I'm an easily-influenced person when people know what to do with me.
Impressionable?

I am not missing the irony of this perspective mapped next to the Pink Ball conversation. :P
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Survivor
Dunnstral
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3045 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2023 3:23 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

'Town casing myself' is not at all my strong point and I don't really know where to begin. I can show you what I've been doing this game but I can't show you how it is different from how I would do things if I were mafia. I'm not even aware of how I'd be doing things differently if I were mafia.

My thoughts on me are that I've been saying whatever is on my mind. When i find something that looks like a contradiction I point it out or ask for clarification. When I don't understand something in the thread I push for clarification. When I see something mech related with claimed roles I point it out if it is helpful (such as us being able to clear firebringer if the roles align right). When I agree with a player or don't like the way they are being pushed I sometimes make those thoughts known and sometimes keep them to myself. I give my own opinions on things, sometimes without committing to a read for every interaction, and try not to tunnel by considering what even people I suspect are saying.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Survivor
Dunnstral
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3046 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2023 3:24 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 3042, Klick wrote:
In post 3040, Dunnstral wrote: Is it wrong for me to say that you just called me scummy for doing something that you asked me to do?
Yes

You told me that was my job and briefly mentioned something about giving opinions?
Your job is to be able to justify your vote on me, it is not my job to convince you that I should be town instead of null. You can do better than voting for a null read. That is what I was getting at.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Survivor
Dunnstral
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3047 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2023 3:27 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

If 3045 doesn't work for you then tell me what you want me to explain.
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #3048 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2023 3:27 pm

Post by Klick »

In post 3046, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 3042, Klick wrote:
Yes

Your job is to be able to justify your vote on me, it is not my job to convince you that I should be town instead of null. You can do better than voting for a null read. That is what I was getting at.
No my job is to find and eliminate scum, justifying is nice but not necessary
If you're town, that's your job too and whatever you can do to further that goal with your skillset would be awesome

You're the person who knows the most about how you would play as scum vs as town and what is different about this game based on your alignment. I could make my own assessment but it's not as accurate as your honest assessment.
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #3049 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2023 3:29 pm

Post by Klick »

In post 3047, Dunnstral wrote: If 3045 doesn't work for you then tell me what you want me to explain.
Haven't read yet, let me have a look

Return to “Team Mafia 2023”