Amnesiac Mafia: The Movie! That's a Wrap!

For Team Mafia 2023 Games and Information
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #3275 (ISO) » Thu Apr 27, 2023 7:40 am

Post by GuyInFreezer »

Occam’s razor etc
Show
"I used to think you had this elegant-trolly, minimalist playstyle. Then I realized the playstyle is ~Lazy~
The true enlightenment was realizing that they are the same thing."
~fferyllt

"who the fuck fakeclaims Tracker like that
WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess

Black
she/her
Twilight Princess

Twilight Princess

Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #3276 (ISO) » Thu Apr 27, 2023 7:44 am

Post by Black »

@PB, are your teammates keeping up with the game?
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #3277 (ISO) » Thu Apr 27, 2023 7:54 am

Post by Pink Ball »

In post 3274, Black wrote: The likelihood of this is mind-boggling low but you're right, it's still possible
If this is possible I would call it a bastard game. The targeted player should be out of the pool of possible random targets
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3278 (ISO) » Thu Apr 27, 2023 7:54 am

Post by Drixx »

Oh and there's also the chance that Black and PB are scum together. Assuming they are scum and they can get town roped today and get a kill through tonight, then Black can claim to have passed it along to someone who claims something else already and that gets a "mislim" tomorrow as well, and then another night kill ... I believe that would be LYLO, assuming 4 scum.

I'm pretty busy at work today ... would appreciate responses.

For what it's worth ... what Black and PB just did is the kind of play that appeals to me as scum. Make the town think I'm conftown (or very nearly so) and run the table.
Get to know a Drixx - Recently Updated!
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet

Post Post #3279 (ISO) » Thu Apr 27, 2023 7:55 am

Post by Pink Ball »

In post 3276, Black wrote: @PB, are your teammates keeping up with the game?
Not so much but they're on the ball enough if you need something specific
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess

Black
she/her
Twilight Princess

Twilight Princess

Post Post #3280 (ISO) » Thu Apr 27, 2023 7:56 am

Post by Black »

In post 3277, Pink Ball wrote:
In post 3274, Black wrote: The likelihood of this is mind-boggling low but you're right, it's still possible
If this is possible I would call it a bastard game. The targeted player should be out of the pool of possible random targets
I think I agree with you, but I can't really assume T-Bone's intentions here so we kinda have to leave that possibility open
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3281 (ISO) » Thu Apr 27, 2023 7:56 am

Post by Drixx »

In post 3277, Pink Ball wrote:
I think it's much more likely that you two are scum together and the whole thing is BS. The other possibilities are very remote, unless scum has a way to force a role onto someone.
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess

Black
she/her
Twilight Princess

Twilight Princess

Post Post #3282 (ISO) » Thu Apr 27, 2023 7:56 am

Post by Black »

In post 3278, Drixx wrote: Oh and there's also the chance that Black and PB are scum together. Assuming they are scum and they can get town roped today and get a kill through tonight, then Black can claim to have passed it along to someone who claims something else already and that gets a "mislim" tomorrow as well, and then another night kill ... I believe that would be LYLO, assuming 4 scum.

For what it's worth ... what Black and PB just did is the kind of play that appeals to me as scum. Make the town think I'm conftown (or very nearly so) and run the table.
Yeah someone already suggested this. Also possible
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess

Black
she/her
Twilight Princess

Twilight Princess

Post Post #3283 (ISO) » Thu Apr 27, 2023 7:58 am

Post by Black »

In post 3279, Pink Ball wrote:
In post 3276, Black wrote: @PB, are your teammates keeping up with the game?
Not so much but they're on the ball enough if you need something specific
I was just wondering if Jingle or anyone else misread my soft claim too
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #3284 (ISO) » Thu Apr 27, 2023 7:59 am

Post by kuribo »

In post 3260, Klick wrote:
In post 3259, GuyInFreezer wrote: I have hard time believing that people would have hard time believing (hah) Kuribo/ircher being town almost immediately unless people have thing against lying as town
See: my vague memory of kuribo having done similar before
My admittedly old and outdated memory of kuribo as a player made me feel like it was entirely plausible as a play from kuribo!scum

I also have precedent for not immediately assuming what seems obvious, as you should be aware
The problem with meta and players that have been around for fifteen years is that you're hard pressed to find anything that they haven't done. Like, I've vigged my own scum buddy before. I've self-doc'd as scum and then no-killed in order to claim bulletproof. I've bussed my own buddy so hard that one of our buddies replaced out in disgust. I've voted in a consistent bloc with my entire team. And on the flip side of that, I've gotten so tilted as town doc that I blurted my claim out on day one. (Several times actually) I've tracked scum to a kill and let them talk me out of pushing them. I've gotten shitfaced drunk, attempted to 1v1 Majiffy for like thirty pages, then woke up the next morning hungover, covered in my own blood from a nosebleed and with "FUCK MAJIFFY" written on my hand in black sharpie. (I miss my homie Majiffy and I tried to get him to come back for team mafia)

My point is that if you go far enough back on any player, you can find something to fit. It's why I don't bother metadiving games I'm not in. Those games don't concern me.
Join me on my quest to play every NES game! Some of them are awful.

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet

Post Post #3285 (ISO) » Thu Apr 27, 2023 7:59 am

Post by Pink Ball »

In post 3281, Drixx wrote: unless scum has a way to force a role onto someone.
This is one of the reasons why I didn't want the role outed today instead of tomorrow
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet

Post Post #3286 (ISO) » Thu Apr 27, 2023 8:01 am

Post by Pink Ball »

In post 3283, Black wrote: I was just wondering if Jingle or anyone else misread my soft claim too
They're not reading the game that thoroughly. Jingle is reading the mech talk through me, Koba was following it during D1 but today said they will look at things only if asked and Mena is not reading the game
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #3287 (ISO) » Thu Apr 27, 2023 8:01 am

Post by GuyInFreezer »

In post 3278, Drixx wrote: Oh and there's also the chance that Black and PB are scum together. Assuming they are scum and they can get town roped today and get a kill through tonight, then Black can claim to have passed it along to someone who claims something else already and that gets a "mislim" tomorrow as well, and then another night kill ... I believe that would be LYLO, assuming 4 scum.

In post 3275, GuyInFreezer wrote: Occam’s razor etc
Show
"I used to think you had this elegant-trolly, minimalist playstyle. Then I realized the playstyle is ~Lazy~
The true enlightenment was realizing that they are the same thing."
~fferyllt

"who the fuck fakeclaims Tracker like that
WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3288 (ISO) » Thu Apr 27, 2023 8:07 am

Post by Drixx »

In post 3287, GuyInFreezer wrote:

In post 3275, GuyInFreezer wrote: Occam’s razor etc
Did you really just try to say "Occam's Razor" in response to me pointing out that it could be a (very good, if so) scum gambit? If we consider them conftown and then do what people naturally do and follow their lead, they literally get a free pass to LYLO from this claim.
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess

Black
she/her
Twilight Princess

Twilight Princess

Post Post #3289 (ISO) » Thu Apr 27, 2023 8:12 am

Post by Black »

In post 3288, Drixx wrote: If we consider them conftown
I think we established that neither of us are conftown
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea
Shea
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #3290 (ISO) » Thu Apr 27, 2023 8:15 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

I am starting to hate this game. I don't feel like there's space for to scumhunt with all the mech talk and I suck at figuring out mech.

It's really fucking frustrating. I keep wanting to comment but I don't really feel like there's anything I can comment on.
tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea
Shea

Post Post #3291 (ISO) » Thu Apr 27, 2023 8:18 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

Std and klick could maybe be distancing because it feels like they're talking past each other i guess which fits with my previous impression of klick talking to me.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea
Shea

Post Post #3292 (ISO) » Thu Apr 27, 2023 8:18 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

Ig I'm vibing too much with what std is saying in that conversation for me to really think it's theatre?
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea
Shea

Post Post #3293 (ISO) » Thu Apr 27, 2023 8:20 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

Like one thing I've felt is consistently true about what klicks doing is he goes into an interaction, doesn't seem to be doing things that would cause me to find alignment, and then comes out of it with a town read.

It's the same thing that happened with FA day 1.

On the other hand i feel like every time i interact with klick i can't get over the impression that he doesn't care about what i have to say.
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess

Black
she/her
Twilight Princess

Twilight Princess

Post Post #3294 (ISO) » Thu Apr 27, 2023 8:20 am

Post by Black »

In post 3290, Thestatusquo wrote: I am starting to hate this game. I don't feel like there's space for to scumhunt with all the mech talk and I suck at figuring out mech.

It's really fucking frustrating. I keep wanting to comment but I don't really feel like there's anything I can comment on.
I feel like there has been non-mech stuff to comment on. Didn't you say you wanted to hear kuribo's thoughts on stuff? He gave some, would you say you were satisfied with what he chimed in with?

Pedit: I see you have found some things to comment on haha
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea
Shea

Post Post #3295 (ISO) » Thu Apr 27, 2023 8:21 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

Idk how brazen klick is with town reading his scum buddies usually but neither the interaction with fa nor this interaction with Dunn felt like a real read so there's some partner equity there.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3296 (ISO) » Thu Apr 27, 2023 8:21 am

Post by Drixx »

TSQ ... you should just ignore the stuff that doesn't appeal to you and start another thread of conversation. Go ISO dive a scum read or something if you really don't see anything you can interact with.
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #3297 (ISO) » Thu Apr 27, 2023 8:22 am

Post by Save The Dragons »

It feels like klick is just rotating reads on people like first he was down with FA then talked to FA and was up and now down again because other people bubbled up and down and I can't tell Iif it's organic it not
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #3298 (ISO) » Thu Apr 27, 2023 8:22 am

Post by Klick »

In post 3284, kuribo wrote:
In post 3260, Klick wrote:
In post 3259, GuyInFreezer wrote: I have hard time believing that people would have hard time believing (hah) Kuribo/ircher being town almost immediately unless people have thing against lying as town
See: my vague memory of kuribo having done similar before
My admittedly old and outdated memory of kuribo as a player made me feel like it was entirely plausible as a play from kuribo!scum

I also have precedent for not immediately assuming what seems obvious, as you should be aware
The problem with meta and players that have been around for fifteen years is that you're hard pressed to find anything that they haven't done. Like, I've vigged my own scum buddy before. I've self-doc'd as scum and then no-killed in order to claim bulletproof. I've bussed my own buddy so hard that one of our buddies replaced out in disgust. I've voted in a consistent bloc with my entire team. And on the flip side of that, I've gotten so tilted as town doc that I blurted my claim out on day one. (Several times actually) I've tracked scum to a kill and let them talk me out of pushing them. I've gotten shitfaced drunk, attempted to 1v1 Majiffy for like thirty pages, then woke up the next morning hungover, covered in my own blood from a nosebleed and with "FUCK MAJIFFY" written on my hand in black sharpie. (I miss my homie Majiffy and I tried to get him to come back for team mafia)

My point is that if you go far enough back on any player, you can find something to fit. It's why I don't bother metadiving games I'm not in. Those games don't concern me.
The takeaway I get from this is that you absolutely would consider fakeclaiming Masons with someone as scum in this game and I was right to consider it as a possibility. :P

I appreciate the perspective and I know there are risks involved with meta. I think most uses of meta wind up being pretty poor across the board. But I think trying to understand its uses and when it can actually be applied in situations and to what extent has a lot of value.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea
Shea

Post Post #3299 (ISO) » Thu Apr 27, 2023 8:22 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

I think i just did that