TM 2023 | Masterchef MafiaScum (Game over)

For Team Mafia 2023 Games and Information
Korina
Korina
They
Recruiter

Korina
They
Recruiter

Recruiter

Pronoun: They

Post Post #725 (ISO) » Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:07 am

Post by Korina »

In post 7, lilith2013 wrote:
Wait a minute! Our judge Borden Tansy has paused the countdown. There's
another twist!

"We've just received a surprise delivery of ingredients, and we can't let this food go to waste. Please check your Mystery Boxes again to see if you've ended up with one of these extra ingredients."

"Okay, the clock is starting in three.. two.. one.. Go!"
GTKAS:
The most recent one and the only one that actually matters. | ROOMS HAVE AIR ~ Who | Not_Mafia did not submit a naive cop action. big mistake there tbh ~ xyzzy
I dissociate, any signed posts are from my headmates. Refer to GTKAS, or DM me for more information.

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
| Plurality Discussion Thread
Dessew
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #726 (ISO) » Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:41 am

Post by Dessew »

In post 706, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 705, Morning Tweet wrote:
In post 702, Doctor Drew wrote: So you still are believing Dessew's claim? Still not buying it.
Like, why do you think it's fake though

I guess that would technically explain why he didnt immediately join bianco's counterwagon but he didnt really join any wagon

Dessew actually halfway argues for town!bianco because of some associative with furtive that I didn't quite get. So technically possible

I dont see where Dessew's claim changed
Their initial hinting at their role is that they cannot be elim'ed, suggesting that mechanically speaking they can't be

Then the 'full reveal' did not reflect this. I do think it is possible that what they did is part of their role, but like Bianco are only telling half truths.

And then of course not moving over to vote Bianco.
Are you illiterate, or just being an asshole again? I said I won't be eliminated, not that I can't.

I targeted Aureal, she should be able to confirm that she has one fewer item (hopefully).

I remember this mystery item thing, but I misunderstood it. In my role PM, I had exactly one ingredient that I don't need for my recipe (and a number of ones that I do, but I don't want to specify now). So I figured that ingredient must be the mystery one, but apparently I was wrong.

During the night I was considering just starting a whole round of discussing our inventories, but I don't think that's feasible because very little info could result in practically role claiming. I started with much fewer ingredients than NB (or bianco), and my recipe is way more complicated. It's also an actual proper dish, not sourdough, and definitely not cheesy tomato.
Dessew
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #727 (ISO) » Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:44 am

Post by Dessew »

In post 42, Korina wrote: So I think the important mech thing is that we should just avoid talking about recipes in general. Like, at no point ever should
anyone
claim their recipe, or what ingredients they have. Simply because there's no NK for scum. The only kills happen if you have all your ingredients at the end of the night, or elim during the day, and kills are replaced by redistribution where the ingredients are able to be moved to/from players, so all we'd do by posting what we have and what our recipe is, is just telling the scum
how
to kill you.

I looked up my recipe and the ingredients needed to kill me are present in the game, which makes me think that Lilith just went through a bunch of foods and went "How do you make these" and took the ingredients in the list, and that's how to kill me. I think that's going to be true for everyone too - I don't think we're going to have someone have a recipe and need an ingredient that makes
zero
sense to make that food IRL as a part of the kill.

Additionally, not-mech related, but I think you're town thus far, but that's simply for wanting to end RVS.
I didn't expect we'd discuss this post, but now we have an idea of what recipes we have in the game, and the way Korina talks about hers seems town to me in this context. Paragraph 2 made very little sense to me at the time, and it must've been strange to bianco too, but I can see how someone with NB's recipe could have this line of thought.
Dessew
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #728 (ISO) » Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:49 am

Post by Dessew »

Sorry for the triple post, but one more thing: I strongly suspect that NB got the whole shelf over the night. It also lines up nicely with my ability to steal from the shelf.
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Pronoun: She

Post Post #729 (ISO) » Fri Apr 28, 2023 8:09 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

In post 727, Dessew wrote:
In post 42, Korina wrote: So I think the important mech thing is that we should just avoid talking about recipes in general. Like, at no point ever should
anyone
claim their recipe, or what ingredients they have. Simply because there's no NK for scum. The only kills happen if you have all your ingredients at the end of the night, or elim during the day, and kills are replaced by redistribution where the ingredients are able to be moved to/from players, so all we'd do by posting what we have and what our recipe is, is just telling the scum
how
to kill you.

I looked up my recipe and the ingredients needed to kill me are present in the game, which makes me think that Lilith just went through a bunch of foods and went "How do you make these" and took the ingredients in the list, and that's how to kill me. I think that's going to be true for everyone too - I don't think we're going to have someone have a recipe and need an ingredient that makes
zero

Additionally, not-mech related, but I think you're town thus far, but that's simply for wanting to end RVS.
I didn't expect we'd discuss this post, but now we have an idea of what recipes we have in the game, and the way Korina talks about hers seems town to me in this context. Paragraph 2 made very little sense to me at the time, and it must've been strange to bianco too, but I can see how someone with NB's recipe could have this line of thought.
Doesn't that post mostly say "Avoid claiming your recipe or ingredients because the recipe is actually made by the ingredients"?
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #730 (ISO) » Fri Apr 28, 2023 8:10 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

Starting to believe Drew might be reading an alternate version of this game where every post says completely different things to him than to us
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #731 (ISO) » Fri Apr 28, 2023 8:12 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

VOTE: Korina
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #732 (ISO) » Fri Apr 28, 2023 8:43 am

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 730, Morning Tweet wrote: Starting to believe Drew might be reading an alternate version of this game where every post says completely different things to him than to us
That stings MT lol.

Dessew, I will admit and went back to read the post where you said you won't be eliminated and in a vacuum I get how I could have misread it. Still feels weird to me that you would even say that when at E-1 though, why were you so confident that you wouldn't be elim'ed?. That's why I took it as you cannot mechanically be elim'ed, and this is also coupled with me not buying your claim once you did finally full claim(and me not believing you had to do with the role you claimed ftr), and then working backwards to this initial post in question. Not sure why I am an asshole for thinking you lied and are scum.

Also Dessew, did you gain any ingredients overnight?
'dREW DID IT BETTER' - T-Bone
'doctor drew our hero' - Shiki
'I love playing with him, he's got an amazing presence to him that just feels like the game is lacking something when he's not there' - JacksonVirgo
Dessew
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #733 (ISO) » Fri Apr 28, 2023 9:43 am

Post by Dessew »

In post 729, Morning Tweet wrote:
In post 727, Dessew wrote:
anyone
how
to kill you.

zero

Doesn't that post mostly say "Avoid claiming your recipe or ingredients because the recipe is actually made by the ingredients"?
It's a bit more than that, although I'm a bit back-and-forth on it, tbh. Look at paragraph 2 ("I looked up my recipe and..."). Korina's reacting to and in a roundabout way describing her own recipe. I'd think, going in to the game, we probably all assumed that all players have similar recipes. I certainly thought we all started with the same number of ingredients and the recipes were all of the same size etc. But NB's and bianco's recipes were completely different (at least in terms of size), and mine doesn't even compare, it's a complex dish with a lot of parts. From my perspective, Korina's thought process didn't make sense at all, but for a player with, say, NB's recipe, it's a lot more reasonable.
In post 732, Doctor Drew wrote: Also Dessew, did you gain any ingredients overnight?
In post 726, Dessew wrote: Are you illiterate, or just being an asshole again? [...]

I targeted Aureal, she should be able to confirm that she has one fewer item (hopefully).
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #734 (ISO) » Fri Apr 28, 2023 9:51 am

Post by Doctor Drew »

Also I know it is a micro game and 2 scum are generally the norm, but we shouldn't just be assuming this. Especially in such a unique setting as this.

Pre Edit: So now who is illiterate? I will ask again.

Dessew, did you gain any ingredients overnight?

This has nothing to do with Aureal.
'I love playing with him, he's got an amazing presence to him that just feels like the game is lacking something when he's not there' - JacksonVirgo
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #735 (ISO) » Fri Apr 28, 2023 10:01 am

Post by Aureal »

Yup, I did lose something last night.

And so did Korina.

Why are you lying about losing ingredients, Korina?
"Yeah after a point it felt like Aureal was the only one talking sense despite being a goose so I just followed."
-furtiveglance
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #736 (ISO) » Fri Apr 28, 2023 10:05 am

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 735, Aureal wrote: Yup, I did lose something last night.

And so did Korina.

Why are you lying about losing ingredients, Korina?
Oh now we are getting spicy.
Korina
Korina
They
Recruiter

Korina
They
Recruiter

Recruiter

Post Post #737 (ISO) » Fri Apr 28, 2023 10:18 am

Post by Korina »

VOTE: aureal

i cc second tpr
GTKAS:
The most recent one and the only one that actually matters. | ROOMS HAVE AIR ~ Who | Not_Mafia did not submit a naive cop action. big mistake there tbh ~ xyzzy
I dissociate, any signed posts are from my headmates. Refer to GTKAS, or DM me for more information.

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #738 (ISO) » Fri Apr 28, 2023 10:19 am

Post by furtiveglance »

Couldn't there be 3 technically?
Korina
Korina
They
Recruiter

Korina
They
Recruiter

Recruiter

Post Post #739 (ISO) » Fri Apr 28, 2023 10:20 am

Post by Korina »

Four prs in 9 players seems excessive
GTKAS:

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #740 (ISO) » Fri Apr 28, 2023 10:23 am

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 738, furtiveglance wrote: Couldn't there be 3 technically?
In post 739, Korina wrote: Four prs in 9 players seems excessive
?
It could be a lot of weak PRs for all we know
Korina
Korina
They
Recruiter

Korina
They
Recruiter

Recruiter

Post Post #741 (ISO) » Fri Apr 28, 2023 10:24 am

Post by Korina »

Dessew claimed effectively doctor, Bianco is extremely strong considering how mafia nk works, so no, I don’t think it’s a lot of weak prs
GTKAS:

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #742 (ISO) » Fri Apr 28, 2023 11:10 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

Did you lose any ingredients Kor?

Did you take Kor's ingredients Aureal?

(I need this spelled out for me like im 2)

Basically as Aureal is saying you're lying, you then CC Aureal, isn't that kind of convenient timing to have a CC
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #743 (ISO) » Fri Apr 28, 2023 11:11 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

Also why are you counting bianco's PR shouldn't that be 3 (dessew/aureal/kor)

its probably agiven mafia woudl have power considering this.... nightkill gimmick seems to only nerf them (probably)
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #744 (ISO) » Fri Apr 28, 2023 11:15 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

My main confusion is why you're voting Aureal for the ingredient bit and also counterclaiming her -- why did you need to claim your role if you already knew she was lying about taking your ingredients

I dont really see an inherent reason why there *cant* be 3 tprs. Aureal saying she took your ingredients but didnt actually, maybe, I see your reasoning
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #745 (ISO) » Fri Apr 28, 2023 11:16 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

In post 741, Korina wrote: Dessew claimed effectively doctor, Bianco is extremely strong considering how mafia nk works, so no, I don’t think it’s a lot of weak prs
I think differently on this (I still kinda think its a kill nerf) but Shea wants to note that we don't *really* know how mafia NK works. We're just assuming it's a nerfed version. they could technically have a secret objective that lets them unlock double-kills, making it not a nerf and just a *different method*
Dessew
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #746 (ISO) » Fri Apr 28, 2023 11:20 am

Post by Dessew »

@Drew: I took a random ingredient from Aureal, therefore I have that ingredient on me. Or do you mean if I received other items during the night? There's no point in talking about that at this point.

If it comes down to Aureal and Korina, I'd prefer a Korina lim. We can disregard my previous post about her, because I was arguing that she was VT, and that's clearly not the case.
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #747 (ISO) » Fri Apr 28, 2023 11:24 am

Post by Aureal »

Lulz, nice informative response there Korina. Guess you're trying to say I'm actually a Mafia PR then?

I'm an eavesdropper, I targeted Korina last night to see whether they lost any ingredients since that seemed like a possible way to make the nightkill and saw that ingredients were indeed removed from their inventory. At least one of them seems to have ended up on the shelf. And the shelf appears to be the mechanism by which nightkills are made- note that a tomato was what Norwe needed to finish his recipe and the tomato which was put there from Bianco's elimination is now gone.
"Yeah after a point it felt like Aureal was the only one talking sense despite being a goose so I just followed."
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #748 (ISO) » Fri Apr 28, 2023 11:28 am

Post by Aureal »

@mod:
does the list of shelf ingredients indicate when there is more than one of a type or are they just present whatever the quantity?
In post 695, lilith2013 wrote:
Beef, Egg, Flour, and Milk have been added to the Shelf.

Day 2 starts now and ends in (expired on 2023-05-07 20:00:00).

V
OTECOUNT
S
HELF:
Beef, Egg, Flour, Milk, Stock, Water, Wine
E
LIMINATION
V
OTES
P
LAYER
N
AME
C
URRENT
V
OTES
Aureal (0)
None
Dessew (0)
None
Doctor Drew (0)
None
furtiveglance (0)
None
Korina (0)
None
McMenno (0)
None
Morning Tweet (0)
None
NOT VOTING:
Aureal, Dessew, Doctor Drew, furtiveglance, Korina, McMenno, Morning Tweet
Notes:

pagetops: Lilith 8 | Aristeia 6 | Norwegianboy 6 | Dr Drew 2 | McMenno 1 | Aureal 1 | furtive 1 | MT 1 | Dessew 1
-furtiveglance
Dessew
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #749 (ISO) » Fri Apr 28, 2023 11:30 am

Post by Dessew »

Eavesdropper sounds thematically correct, given my thief.

@Korina: how many ingredients are there in your recipe?

@Aureal: after Korina answers, could you gives us your number too?

Return to “Team Mafia 2023”