Amnesiac Mafia: The Movie! That's a Wrap!

For Team Mafia 2023 Games and Information
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #4150 (ISO) » Sat Apr 29, 2023 6:54 am

Post by Klick »

In post 4148, kuribo wrote:
In post 4137, Firebringer wrote: i am iffy on the idea of breaking the game with mech considering me and my team just bamboozled the mech so hard in demon slayer that town couldn't think straight with the mech allowing us to get a victory. Also i find arguments of playing just to the mech rather than reads to be....defeating the purpose of 90% of the game. Id rather use it as a fallback if i really can't find scum in how people are positioning.

Like i think theres a few mech exploits scum can do with these "links" to either rule themselves out or obfuscates the clears.
Counterpoint: the first team mafia game I was in (whichever one I was teamed with amrun and chesskid) I ended up in the large theme which was a variation of powerful wizard

Powerful wizard being a concept invented by SpyreX who happened to be in the game. Despite not knowing the exact setup (obviously), he managed to completely mechanically break it for town.
At which point hopefully in 2023 mods have learned not to create mechanically broken setups
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #4151 (ISO) » Sat Apr 29, 2023 6:54 am

Post by Titus »

In post 4149, Klick wrote: Hypothetical scum power: scum have access to one-time uses of each role card, or certain role cards, or can remember roles that they have been given in the past
That would be a mod lie and bastard.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #4152 (ISO) » Sat Apr 29, 2023 6:55 am

Post by Titus »

In post 4150, Klick wrote:
In post 4137, Firebringer wrote: i am iffy on the idea of breaking the game with mech considering me and my team just bamboozled the mech so hard in demon slayer that town couldn't think straight with the mech allowing us to get a victory. Also i find arguments of playing just to the mech rather than reads to be....defeating the purpose of 90% of the game. Id rather use it as a fallback if i really can't find scum in how people are positioning.

Like i think theres a few mech exploits scum can do with these "links" to either rule themselves out or obfuscates the clears.
Counterpoint: the first team mafia game I was in (whichever one I was teamed with amrun and chesskid) I ended up in the large theme which was a variation of powerful wizard

Powerful wizard being a concept invented by SpyreX who happened to be in the game. Despite not knowing the exact setup (obviously), he managed to completely mechanically break it for town.
At which point hopefully in 2023 mods have learned not to create mechanically broken setups
I quit playing for awhile bc setups were broken for town.

Can you ff already?
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #4153 (ISO) » Sat Apr 29, 2023 6:55 am

Post by GuyInFreezer »

Scum 100% has their own PR
Heck even a scum visitor can mess town up in this setup.
Show
"I used to think you had this elegant-trolly, minimalist playstyle. Then I realized the playstyle is ~Lazy~
The true enlightenment was realizing that they are the same thing."
~fferyllt

"who the fuck fakeclaims Tracker like that
WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #4154 (ISO) » Sat Apr 29, 2023 6:56 am

Post by Titus »

In post 4153, GuyInFreezer wrote: Scum 100% has their own PR
Heck even a scum visitor can mess town up in this setup.
Then scum X can never vote me, I'm ok with that as X would get boxed in.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #4155 (ISO) » Sat Apr 29, 2023 6:57 am

Post by kuribo »

In post 4149, Klick wrote: Hypothetical scum power: scum have access to one-time uses of each role card, or certain role cards, or can remember roles that they have been given in the past
Remembering roles they've been given in the past is literally just human memory
Join me on my quest to play every NES game! Some of them are awful.

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #4156 (ISO) » Sat Apr 29, 2023 6:57 am

Post by kuribo »

In post 4150, Klick wrote:

Lmao
Join me on my quest to play every NES game! Some of them are awful.

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess

Black
she/her
Twilight Princess

Twilight Princess

Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #4157 (ISO) » Sat Apr 29, 2023 6:57 am

Post by Black »

All this X&Y talk just makes me want to go listen to the Coldplay album
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #4158 (ISO) » Sat Apr 29, 2023 6:57 am

Post by Firebringer »

In post 4155, kuribo wrote:
Remembering roles they've been given in the past is literally just human memory
lol
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #4159 (ISO) » Sat Apr 29, 2023 6:58 am

Post by GuyInFreezer »

Also please don't use Demon Slayer as an example to dissuade mech.
That setup was at waaaaaaaaaay at the end of the spectrum.
We're not playing in a setup where we have 2 poisoners, 2 redirectors, a bus driver, and some sort of deathproof scum that can kill every town members.
Show
"I used to think you had this elegant-trolly, minimalist playstyle. Then I realized the playstyle is ~Lazy~
~fferyllt

WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #4160 (ISO) » Sat Apr 29, 2023 7:00 am

Post by Firebringer »

In post 4159, GuyInFreezer wrote: Also please don't use Demon Slayer as an example to dissuade mech.
That setup was at waaaaaaaaaay at the end of the spectrum.
We're not playing in a setup where we have 2 poisoners, 2 redirectors, a bus driver, and some sort of deathproof scum that can kill every town members.
Okay 'commuter'
Show
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #4161 (ISO) » Sat Apr 29, 2023 7:01 am

Post by GuyInFreezer »

Hey I stopped a nightkill, which was far better night actions than what most of the town did.
Show
~fferyllt

WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #4162 (ISO) » Sat Apr 29, 2023 7:02 am

Post by Titus »

So I fully intend to roleblock Frozen Angel tonight unless she claims doctor. I think solving FA does a lot for people.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #4163 (ISO) » Sat Apr 29, 2023 7:02 am

Post by Firebringer »

In post 4162, Titus wrote: So I fully intend to roleblock Frozen Angel tonight unless she claims doctor. I think solving FA does a lot for people.
i mean i agree solving FA helps a lot. Not seeing how blocking FA solves for her though.
Show

Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Survivor
Dunnstral
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4164 (ISO) » Sat Apr 29, 2023 7:03 am

Post by Dunnstral »

Mafia can have a roleblocker and also have received the Jailkeeper role for the night. I don't think either of those are particularly unlikely.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #4165 (ISO) » Sat Apr 29, 2023 7:04 am

Post by Titus »

In post 4163, Firebringer wrote:
In post 4162, Titus wrote: So I fully intend to roleblock Frozen Angel tonight unless she claims doctor. I think solving FA does a lot for people.
i mean i agree solving FA helps a lot. Not seeing how blocking FA solves for her though.
It links her to me, scum wouldn't be able to kill FA without confirming me which is the last thing scum want. FA can't claim her action succeeded without 1 v 1 ing me.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet

Post Post #4166 (ISO) » Sat Apr 29, 2023 7:04 am

Post by Pink Ball »

Titus, there’s another way of accomplishing what you’re trying to accomplish that doesn’t give the scumteam too much space of working around claimed targets
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #4167 (ISO) » Sat Apr 29, 2023 7:05 am

Post by Titus »

In post 4166, Pink Ball wrote: Titus, there’s another way of accomplishing what you’re trying to accomplish that doesn’t give the scumteam too much space of working around claimed targets
All ears. That's why I claimed.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #4168 (ISO) » Sat Apr 29, 2023 7:07 am

Post by Firebringer »

In post 4165, Titus wrote:
It links her to me, scum wouldn't be able to kill FA without confirming me which is the last thing scum want. FA can't claim her action succeeded without 1 v 1 ing me.
but if ur town and fa is scum. And u block her, she just has someone else perform kill.
How is FA cleared. This doesn't make sense how u both can't be scum either because u could roleblock ur teammmates to hypothetically.

Anyways can we stop with mech and just someone argue with me on why Shea is town and i can tell u why ur wrong
Show

Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet

Post Post #4169 (ISO) » Sat Apr 29, 2023 7:07 am

Post by Pink Ball »

Working on the details, It should be ready in like an hour or two

UNVOTE: Titus
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea
Shea
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #4170 (ISO) » Sat Apr 29, 2023 7:08 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 2816, Thestatusquo wrote:
In post 2813, Drixx wrote:
In post 2811, kuribo wrote: So Mala brought up something that I missed:
In post 2587, Titus wrote: Kuribo claimed mason as a lover.
Titus

How'd you know?

Did ya get the other role PM and you can't post in the PT because you're not town? Because that's what Mala thinks. I thought maybe you were going to claim rolecop, but you've claimed not to have taken any action.
Kuribo is clearly town.

As for the setup spec going on ... consider that all of our power is in roles that are randomly assigned. The more of us that die, the more likely it is that our power roles end up on dead or scum slots instead of us. That's a built in decline in power. That plus lovers as NU should be considered when trying to figure this out. Also I like that people are finally realizing that there are paths to making people very nearly conftown.

Since scum are going to end up seeing the roles over time, and probably already saw some, there's no utility to playing coy and trying to "hide" info. Hard claims of what we all had D1 is the play, and as you all discuss more, you're starting to realize why.

And for the record ... this also constitutes a BOP argument against Titus as well. She clearly would have thought through all these angles, and the fact that she has been playing dumb and pretending that none of these things occurred to her is really just not believable.
I think you're outguessing the mod and its very likely to make us lose. There are trivial ways to make some of these roles not conf town. Just off the top of my head what if the scum has a role like "2-shot mimic" which can mimic an amnesiac role or something.

Just my first thought. You are looking at the setup and looking at all these possible conf town and not taking the next logical step, which is thinking that scum must have a way to counter that or the setup is broken. 5-6 conf town on day 2-3 is so far over the edge of not balanced that it doesn't matter if the ability to confirm goes down, town can win the game by just eliminating at random within those who are not conf town. There HAS to be a counter, and we don't know what it is. That's dangerous.

You seem to not be thinking about that danger at all.
It is trivially easy for mods to make this kind of confirm chain not broken and I am quite frankly shocked that Titus simultaneously holds the view that a) there are 3 scum in this setup and they're likely to not be very powerful and b) this setup can just be trivially broken by everyone just saying what their roles do and targeting each other.

These aren't compatible world views.
tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #4171 (ISO) » Sat Apr 29, 2023 7:09 am

Post by Titus »

In post 4168, Firebringer wrote:
In post 4165, Titus wrote:
but if ur town and fa is scum. And u block her, she just has someone else perform kill.
How is FA cleared. This doesn't make sense how u both can't be scum either because u could roleblock ur teammmates to hypothetically.

Anyways can we stop with mech and just someone argue with me on why Shea is town and i can tell u why ur wrong
FA claimed a role that wasn't here yesterday.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess

Black
she/her
Twilight Princess

Twilight Princess

Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #4172 (ISO) » Sat Apr 29, 2023 7:09 am

Post by Black »

In post 4164, Dunnstral wrote: Mafia can have a roleblocker and also have received the Jailkeeper role for the night. I don't think either of those are particularly unlikely.
Titus rolled JK
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea
Shea
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #4173 (ISO) » Sat Apr 29, 2023 7:10 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 4172, Black wrote:
In post 4164, Dunnstral wrote: Mafia can have a roleblocker and also have received the Jailkeeper role for the night. I don't think either of those are particularly unlikely.
Titus rolled JK
Which she could do if she were scum and mafia roled the JK.
tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #4174 (ISO) » Sat Apr 29, 2023 7:10 am

Post by Titus »

In post 4170, Thestatusquo wrote:
In post 2816, Thestatusquo wrote:
In post 2813, Drixx wrote:
In post 2811, kuribo wrote: So Mala brought up something that I missed:
In post 2587, Titus wrote: Kuribo claimed mason as a lover.
Titus

How'd you know?

Did ya get the other role PM and you can't post in the PT because you're not town? Because that's what Mala thinks. I thought maybe you were going to claim rolecop, but you've claimed not to have taken any action.
Kuribo is clearly town.

As for the setup spec going on ... consider that all of our power is in roles that are randomly assigned. The more of us that die, the more likely it is that our power roles end up on dead or scum slots instead of us. That's a built in decline in power. That plus lovers as NU should be considered when trying to figure this out. Also I like that people are finally realizing that there are paths to making people very nearly conftown.

Since scum are going to end up seeing the roles over time, and probably already saw some, there's no utility to playing coy and trying to "hide" info. Hard claims of what we all had D1 is the play, and as you all discuss more, you're starting to realize why.

And for the record ... this also constitutes a BOP argument against Titus as well. She clearly would have thought through all these angles, and the fact that she has been playing dumb and pretending that none of these things occurred to her is really just not believable.
I think you're outguessing the mod and its very likely to make us lose. There are trivial ways to make some of these roles not conf town. Just off the top of my head what if the scum has a role like "2-shot mimic" which can mimic an amnesiac role or something.

Just my first thought. You are looking at the setup and looking at all these possible conf town and not taking the next logical step, which is thinking that scum must have a way to counter that or the setup is broken. 5-6 conf town on day 2-3 is so far over the edge of not balanced that it doesn't matter if the ability to confirm goes down, town can win the game by just eliminating at random within those who are not conf town. There HAS to be a counter, and we don't know what it is. That's dangerous.

You seem to not be thinking about that danger at all.
It is trivially easy for mods to make this kind of confirm chain not broken and I am quite frankly shocked that Titus simultaneously holds the view that a) there are 3 scum in this setup and they're likely to not be very powerful and b) this setup can just be trivially broken by everyone just saying what their roles do and targeting each other.

These aren't compatible world views.
Great. We disagree. Reality is they may have more scum than I think but our roles are too weak and unpredictable to be messed with.

I'm off to let PB do his magic.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Return to “Team Mafia 2023”