Amnesiac Mafia: The Movie! That's a Wrap!

For Team Mafia 2023 Games and Information
Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty
Pronoun: She

Post Post #4200 (ISO) » Sat Apr 29, 2023 7:55 am

Post by Frozen Angel »

I just read last 2 pages and saw like 10 times me being mentioned and a team mate of mine said I'm getting scum read, so I'm just dropping a disclaimer. I don't have time to read back nor to answer if anything was dropped my way. this is all I have time to post tonight. will try to drop some time to catch up tomorrow.
False tears bring pain to those around you
False smile brings pain to one's self

"Frozen Like Your Heart." -Ginngie
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #4201 (ISO) » Sat Apr 29, 2023 8:01 am

Post by Pink Ball »

Are your teammates following the game for you? What do they think of the gamestate? Some reads maybe?
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #4202 (ISO) » Sat Apr 29, 2023 8:03 am

Post by Titus »

Well damn, I can't confirm FA then.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet

Post Post #4203 (ISO) » Sat Apr 29, 2023 8:15 am

Post by Pink Ball »

In post 4202, Titus wrote: Well damn, I can't confirm FA then.
I gotchu fam
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #4204 (ISO) » Sat Apr 29, 2023 8:17 am

Post by Titus »

In post 4203, Pink Ball wrote:
In post 4202, Titus wrote: Well damn, I can't confirm FA then.
I gotchu fam
Good. I gtg.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty
Pronoun: She

Post Post #4205 (ISO) » Sat Apr 29, 2023 8:50 am

Post by Frozen Angel »

In post 4201, Pink Ball wrote: Are your teammates following the game for you? What do they think of the gamestate? Some reads maybe?
no they actually arent following. I'll ask them for reads as I had been asking them to engage multiple times but we're a team of busy people I guess. and it seems they are specifically afraid of catching up with a large theme game that has so many pages. It was more of a random one line comment gimli dropped but I know he doesn't have time for playing mafia properly at this time either.
False tears bring pain to those around you
False smile brings pain to one's self

"Frozen Like Your Heart." -Ginngie
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet

Post Post #4206 (ISO) » Sat Apr 29, 2023 9:50 am

Post by Pink Ball »

Rather than a "we broke the game moment", this is a "these interactions are really powerful" moment
We can make the caterer and the visionary target the same target, in order to conftown both of them at the same time. Since we already know who the caterer is, there's no need for the visionary to out themselves or for them to make a pool of targets and hope that it works: Black can decide who she wants to target, and the visionary follows her.

FAQ:
- Why do they get conftowned?
The target knows that Black targeted her because they receive the caterer, and the target is notified that they were targeted by the caterer because of the visionary, so the visionary gets confirmed too. The target confirms they received both the caterer and the notification and we're all good.

- What if the target is scum and doesn't tell the truth?
If the target is scum they won't receive the caterer in the first place and they would have to hope that the caterer doesn't fall in another alive townie hands. The day starts with the question "hey target, did you receive the caterer and the notification of the visionary?". If scum, they either lie and say the received it and hope they don't get counterclaimed, or lies and 1v1s Black. Either way, is a not-so-soft guilty.

- But if Black is scum?
If she is, she can't use the amnesiac role, so the role will get randomized, running the risk of getting outed, and having to 1v1 the previously announced target. Same result than the previous question, but a little better because the visionary can be confirmed via another PR targeting the target.

- Speaking of other PRs, what should they do?
WIFOM the shit out of the scumteam. Since the visionary notifies the target of the type of actions that targeted them, if the JK or other unspecified PR (at least two via DragonEater and Feysal) targets the target, they would get confirmed as town too, but since we don't know what the scumteam can do, I would suggest diversifying our assets. If the scumteam has a rolestopper, throwing every PR to the same target is moronic at best. Better let the rest of the PRs do pro town things as usual and MAYBE get conftowned through other methods (JK stopping the nightkill, corrupt judge actually acting, etc)

- If scum have a rolestopper, wouldn't coordinating this be really bad?
The caterer and the visionary lose potential of getting conftowned, but the scumteam loses the capacity of protecting themselves with the rolestopper, and the rest of the PRs can act freely too.

- If scum have a roleblocker, how does the plan works?
Scumteam probably roleblocks Black and this is the worst case scenario, 'cause it could create a false guilty situation, but if the scumteam has a roleblocker they're probably using it on Black anyways so if we suspect that Black could've been roleblocked, we play the day normally ideally with the other PRs doing the dirty work.

- What if the scumteam kills the target and we get no confirmation?
The target is someone in the PoE so killing them would be bad because of the issue of the PoE shrinking rapidly.

- And what if they kill Black?
That would mean the scumteam is playing whack-a-mole really poorly (Black's target would still receive the caterer if town)

- What if the visionary isn't in play, as in, the scumteam has it, or DE or Fey got it?
Then we don't get a clear that we already weren't getting.

Feel free to ask more questions, this were the ones that I had when Jingle proposed the strat in the first place
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #4207 (ISO) » Sat Apr 29, 2023 10:12 am

Post by Klick »

This town as a whole needs to be less concerned with justifying the reasoning for qhat they're doing and more concerned with actually identifying and eliminating the group of scum that's in this game

'Titus is town'
Why??? She's literally just talking mech/flavor and asserting her interests as what should be happening. I have not heard a single decent reason to townread her behaviour that didn't come from like the first 10 pages of the game.

'Shea looks towny'
Shea himself does not think you should be townreading Shea. And he's correct!

I realise it's very easy to go 'it's Day 2, we're fine, let's go with what feels easiest/most intuitive and see where we are tomorrow'
I don't think most people realise how screwed town usually is from an early disadvantage. Scum-favored endgame situations are waaaay less favored for town than anyone likes to think about.

Scum isn't in the LHF of the day. Klick/Dunn/whoever (Drixz/Firebringer????) is Titus' theory, and it consists of people who voted DE and are generally anti-Titus. Titus can't actually believe that the scum are just 'the players who are against me'. That's incredibly surface-level. No, there's an agenda behind that belief. It's very convenient to scumread the people who are suspect of her and her intentions, because it lets her continue to peddle her half-baked view of the game and get easy mislims through. Being active enough, pushing safe takes, and trying to 'solve' through flavor/mech is enough to get to the late game, where it is much much harder to actually get a scum elimination through.

So no, scum isn't in LHF. Scum is in the players who wouldn't get enough flak to normally go down this early as scum. Scum is in the players who look superficially towny regardless of their alignment. Because everyone else is town.

PEdit: I object on the grounds that we should eliminate scum today instead of entertaining her pitch to get further
I'm also concerned about unpredictable variables turning this into a 'someone gets confirmed in like 2 days time after we've eliminated 2 more town' scenario
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #4208 (ISO) » Sat Apr 29, 2023 10:13 am

Post by Klick »

I may not be fully sober but I am pretty sure that I'd agree with everything I just said if I *were* sober
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #4209 (ISO) » Sat Apr 29, 2023 10:14 am

Post by Titus »

That's where I am at. I just got greedy.

I know who I am blocking.

It may change in the event I am wrong on Drixx.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #4210 (ISO) » Sat Apr 29, 2023 10:15 am

Post by Titus »

In post 4207, Klick wrote: This town as a whole needs to be less concerned with justifying the reasoning for qhat they're doing and more concerned with actually identifying and eliminating the group of scum that's in this game

'Titus is town'
Why??? She's literally just talking mech/flavor and asserting her interests as what should be happening. I have not heard a single decent reason to townread her behaviour that didn't come from like the first 10 pages of the game.

'Shea looks towny'
Shea himself does not think you should be townreading Shea. And he's correct!

I realise it's very easy to go 'it's Day 2, we're fine, let's go with what feels easiest/most intuitive and see where we are tomorrow'
I don't think most people realise how screwed town usually is from an early disadvantage. Scum-favored endgame situations are waaaay less favored for town than anyone likes to think about.

Scum isn't in the LHF of the day. Klick/Dunn/whoever (Drixz/Firebringer????) is Titus' theory, and it consists of people who voted DE and are generally anti-Titus. Titus can't actually believe that the scum are just 'the players who are against me'. That's incredibly surface-level. No, there's an agenda behind that belief. It's very convenient to scumread the people who are suspect of her and her intentions, because it lets her continue to peddle her half-baked view of the game and get easy mislims through. Being active enough, pushing safe takes, and trying to 'solve' through flavor/mech is enough to get to the late game, where it is much much harder to actually get a scum elimination through.

So no, scum isn't in LHF. Scum is in the players who wouldn't get enough flak to normally go down this early as scum. Scum is in the players who look superficially towny regardless of their alignment. Because everyone else is town.

PEdit: I object on the grounds that we should eliminate scum today instead of entertaining her pitch to get further
I'm also concerned about unpredictable variables turning this into a 'someone gets confirmed in like 2 days time after we've eliminated 2 more town' scenario
Wahhh! Titus is right and we can't get her limmed.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #4211 (ISO) » Sat Apr 29, 2023 10:17 am

Post by Klick »

Yeah, well done, you're obviously right and amazing titus
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #4212 (ISO) » Sat Apr 29, 2023 10:18 am

Post by Titus »

You're not going to find my reads "decent" as that boxes you in. You objected to almost anyone being universally townread. Town wins by cohesion. You're looking to dismantle things that are probably true to put up the scummiest and proven wrong players.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #4213 (ISO) » Sat Apr 29, 2023 10:20 am

Post by Klick »

Look at me on my last stand defending my entire scumteam that Titus has cleverly deduced without even trying
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #4214 (ISO) » Sat Apr 29, 2023 10:22 am

Post by Klick »

In post 4212, Titus wrote: You're not going to find my reads "decent" as that boxes you in. You objected to almost anyone being universally townread. Town wins by cohesion. You're looking to dismantle things that are probably true to put up the scummiest and proven wrong players.
????
'Universally townread'
Your townreads are garbage
Shea doesn't think you should be townreading him
Who else do you even townread that I'm arguing against?
I have like 4-5 hard townreads
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet

Post Post #4215 (ISO) » Sat Apr 29, 2023 10:30 am

Post by Pink Ball »

@Black especially you if you have any doubts, consider that the caterer loses value if you die without telling us who you target. This strategy mostly secures that you live tomorrow and gets you conftowned for everyone and not just for me.

There’s another alternative where the JK protects you but that wouldn’t let you act so it’s only one potential conftown
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #4216 (ISO) » Sat Apr 29, 2023 10:34 am

Post by Titus »

In post 4215, Pink Ball wrote: @Black especially you if you have any doubts, consider that the caterer loses value if you die without telling us who you target. This strategy mostly secures that you live tomorrow and gets you conftowned for everyone and not just for me.

There’s another alternative where the JK protects you but that wouldn’t let you act so it’s only one potential conftown
That's only conftown if people didn't argue scum blocker. Hence why I wanted some other PR to block.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #4217 (ISO) » Sat Apr 29, 2023 10:41 am

Post by Titus »

In post 4214, Klick wrote:
In post 4212, Titus wrote: You're not going to find my reads "decent" as that boxes you in. You objected to almost anyone being universally townread. Town wins by cohesion. You're looking to dismantle things that are probably true to put up the scummiest and proven wrong players.
????
'Universally townread'
Your townreads are garbage
Shea doesn't think you should be townreading him
Who else do you even townread that I'm arguing against?
I have like 4-5 hard townreads
Shea's upset with my bluntness and partial arrogance but how he treats me is why he's town.

Dunn hasn't done anything to sort lately but fail. Yet you hard defend him.

Drixx is hypocritical at best, yet you hard defend him.

None of you reassessed each other after being proven wrong.

All of you objected to us townreading each other.

That's a pretty desperate play if I have seen it. The only one I doubt is Drixx because I doubt scum!Drixx makes things personal.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea
Shea
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #4218 (ISO) » Sat Apr 29, 2023 10:49 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

I think you're straight up wrong about the mech in this game being breakable and I'm trying to decide if I think you really believe the things you're saying about it or if its malicious.
tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea
Shea

Post Post #4219 (ISO) » Sat Apr 29, 2023 10:53 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

titus have you ever faked mech stuff like this as scum to gain an advantage?

And if so can you provide me with a game?
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea
Shea

Post Post #4220 (ISO) » Sat Apr 29, 2023 10:58 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

Heres a thought thats rattling around my head too:

You were arguing against the mass claim along with me. At the time I thought this was because you saw the dangers of just putting all the town laundry out there, and that was a pretty decent chunk of my town read because I think scum would be pretty likely to go with the flow wrt claiming plans rather than dig their heels in. But its becoming increasingly clear to me that you didn't and thats not the reason you were arguing against claiming, because now you're in favor of just throwing all town plans out in the open in a way I think is sure to be countered by some power the scum has.

So like...why were you arguing against mass claiming?
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #4221 (ISO) » Sat Apr 29, 2023 10:59 am

Post by Klick »

In post 4217, Titus wrote:Dunn hasn't done anything to sort lately but fail. Yet you hard defend him.
Dunn has made himself obvtiwn
DRIXX IS IN MY POE
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #4222 (ISO) » Sat Apr 29, 2023 11:13 am

Post by Titus »

In post 4219, Thestatusquo wrote: titus have you ever faked mech stuff like this as scum to gain an advantage?

And if so can you provide me with a game?
Faked it. No. My MO as scum is to lead town to the honest solution but manipulate within that. I'm sure I have derped once or twice as scum, but never deliberately faked dumb. That undermines my ability to get miseliminations.

I can get you a link to that if you'd like.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #4223 (ISO) » Sat Apr 29, 2023 11:15 am

Post by Titus »

In post 4220, Thestatusquo wrote: Heres a thought thats rattling around my head too:

You were arguing against the mass claim along with me. At the time I thought this was because you saw the dangers of just putting all the town laundry out there, and that was a pretty decent chunk of my town read because I think scum would be pretty likely to go with the flow wrt claiming plans rather than dig their heels in. But its becoming increasingly clear to me that you didn't and thats not the reason you were arguing against claiming, because now you're in favor of just throwing all town plans out in the open in a way I think is sure to be countered by some power the scum has.

So like...why were you arguing against mass claiming?
I had a critical mistake in understanding. I thought scum didn't get flavor so I thought we could conftown via flavor alone. Why give scum info when we can get what's needed without it?
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #4224 (ISO) » Sat Apr 29, 2023 11:16 am

Post by Titus »

In post 4221, Klick wrote:
In post 4217, Titus wrote:Dunn hasn't done anything to sort lately but fail. Yet you hard defend him.
Dunn has made himself obvtiwn
DRIXX IS IN MY POE
How? Literally the only thing he has done is deflect. Where's his hunting? Attacking me and being in lockstep with you isn't it.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Return to “Team Mafia 2023”