Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1925 (ISO) » Mon May 01, 2023 9:33 am

Post by Cat Scratch Fever »

VC 5.01

With 5 players, it takes 3 to make a decision. Day 4 ends in (expired on 2023-05-14 01:00:00).

VC
Not voting [5]:
Andante, Marquis, Merlyn, Cephrir, Elpis

Mod NotesStill looking for Marquis replacement

Flavor
Spoiler: Florence
Last edited by Cat Scratch Fever on Tue May 02, 2023 6:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1926 (ISO) » Mon May 01, 2023 9:35 am

Post by Andante »

In post 1901, Elpis wrote:
In post 1897, Cephrir wrote: I know it's you elpis

I'll never be able to prove it, but I know it
Cephy I was so sure you were town but now I'm having severe doubts because why else would you shift blame to me immediately when it seems so clear that one of them has to be scum between Andante or Merlyn, or MAYBE Marquis but I'd feel a bit cheated if that were the case honestly.
In post 1919, Elpis wrote:
In post 1909, Merlyn wrote: No, seriously, let's do the klick strategy. Cephrir, elpis, , are you in?
I will trust Cephy's judgement, if that is the best route to town victory, but I am nervous about it.
So you go from doubting Cephrir to saying you'll just sheep Ceph no questions asked? the 2nd post Merlyn was just asking if yall agreed with the idea and you're like "yeah ceph cool!!" like what? we have to lim scum here or we lose...
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1927 (ISO) » Mon May 01, 2023 9:36 am

Post by Andante »

we need this marquis replacement asap... like, there's literally no point in doing anything till that slot can show up, cause assuming that's the read I'm wrong on, if town, that replacement misvoting causes us to instantly lose, and if scum we're getting 0 interactions to go from
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1928 (ISO) » Mon May 01, 2023 9:38 am

Post by Andante »

like, sorry not sorry yall, I'm losing interest in this real fast, I know I'm town, I was pretty set on ethel, they flipped town, I was pretty set on a gimli/marquis team yesterday, I'm alive now, so I know that ain't right, unless it is and scum wants me to second guess it, ahhhh
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1929 (ISO) » Mon May 01, 2023 9:39 am

Post by Cephrir »

we can spend this time analyzing the rest of the game
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1930 (ISO) » Mon May 01, 2023 9:39 am

Post by Cephrir »

Also did you want to claim
Bartleby the Scrivener
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1931 (ISO) » Mon May 01, 2023 9:40 am

Post by Andante »

I don't care if yall want to do this "klick thing" or whatever, but I'm voting who I want, I hate how we just started the day and merlyn/elpis are basically like "let's give ceph our votes!!" and that's that... like yall?? more concerned about tossing your vote to someone else than voicing your actual reads?
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1932 (ISO) » Mon May 01, 2023 9:40 am

Post by Andante »

I'm vt
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1933 (ISO) » Mon May 01, 2023 9:41 am

Post by Andante »

I genuinely don't feel like doing anything till Marquis 2.0 shows up, I'm wishing ethel vigged that slot over dragons right now
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1934 (ISO) » Mon May 01, 2023 9:45 am

Post by Andante »

I'm not even sold on ceph being town, but I don't think merlyn/elpis are partnered with ceph, so if ceph is scum it's with marquis, and that fits with what I recall of ceph calling marquis town earlier, and "being so lost" with kills. but merlyn and elpis had TERRIBLE starts here on d5, I'm not entirely sold both them are town. ughhh Marquis... this situation freaking sucks
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1935 (ISO) » Mon May 01, 2023 9:47 am

Post by Andante »

@Merlyn/Elpis
rather than "I wanna give my vote to X" do yall have any actual thoughts here or nah?

@Ceph, can you remind me what your early TR on Marquis was for?
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1936 (ISO) » Mon May 01, 2023 9:51 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 1931, Andante wrote: I don't care if yall want to do this "klick thing" or whatever, but I'm voting who I want, I hate how we just started the day and merlyn/elpis are basically like "let's give ceph our votes!!" and that's that... like yall?? more concerned about tossing your vote to someone else than voicing your actual reads?
Please consider that if two players do decide to give their votes to me then the only thing you can possibly accomplish by voting elsewhere is losing the game if you're town
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1937 (ISO) » Mon May 01, 2023 9:52 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 1935, Andante wrote: @Merlyn/Elpis
rather than "I wanna give my vote to X" do yall have any actual thoughts here or nah?

@Ceph, can you remind me what your early TR on Marquis was for?
I don't even remember anymore. I'm pretty far from trusting them at this stage
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1938 (ISO) » Mon May 01, 2023 9:59 am

Post by Cephrir »

Well unfortunately no one claimed PR. Unfortunate

I am so embarrassed by what I'm about to tell you. I genuinely considered lying as town and claiming VT if I couldn't make it happen last night but it seems like maybe some players do trust me so I'll come out with it and you can point and laugh at me now rather than post game

I'm a loyal bodyguard. The world's worst bodyguard.
My targets have been:
Marquis - I thought about holstering here since I figured I was meant to save an outed PR, but with one of the roles I figured I was meant to save dead and myself not particularly townread, I decided trying to die would be better
Elpis
Andante
Andante

And now I want to bury my head in the sand. I have a few sorta crumbs to point out if anyone cares and yesterday I crumbed that I was going to target andante (d3 ended too fast but I was planning to crumb it then too)

Friends I have been trying so hard to die. But atp it's confirmed I have protected scum at least once so that's great. Probably more than once!

The bizarreness of the kills makes me wonder if scum knew there was a protective out there or something

Anyway now you know my shame and frustration
Bartleby the Scrivener
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1939 (ISO) » Mon May 01, 2023 10:05 am

Post by Andante »

In post 1936, Cephrir wrote:
In post 1931, Andante wrote: I don't care if yall want to do this "klick thing" or whatever, but I'm voting who I want, I hate how we just started the day and merlyn/elpis are basically like "let's give ceph our votes!!" and that's that... like yall?? more concerned about tossing your vote to someone else than voicing your actual reads?
Please consider that if two players do decide to give their votes to me then the only thing you can possibly accomplish by voting elsewhere is losing the game if you're town
Yes I understand that, but I hate how they were both like “yeah! ceph has my vote!!” and like, that was that… no concern whatsoever here??? like obviously I’ll listen to who people want to vote/not vote whoever I want right now.. but I hate this idea of throwing hands up like “not my problem!!!” like, if we’re right today, we literally still have tomorrow, and if this is just “we voted scum out cause ceph said so” we have nothing to go on tomorrow
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1940 (ISO) » Mon May 01, 2023 10:07 am

Post by Andante »

honestly 1938 makes me want to lock ceph in as town, the saves make sense, and why would scum!ceph claim this after 2 people already went “ceph has my vote!!! byeeee”
brings me right back to this marquis issue…
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1941 (ISO) » Mon May 01, 2023 10:08 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 1698, Cephrir wrote: Well I was wondering which of Ethel and elpis was marinating me~

I am blowing this game in so many ways.
Crumb that I'm failing at night as well as day play
In post 1646, Cephrir wrote:
In post 1643, Save The Dragons wrote: Ceph did you roll scum
no and you're not getting me mislimmed this game so don't try
TPR crumb
In post 1765, Cephrir wrote: watch, it's andante/elpis and i'm honorary scum
Not really a crumb but it likely makes more sense now
In post 1833, Cephrir wrote:
In post 1827, Marquis wrote: wanna know what gimli and ceph think about lim vs no lim
we're no limming
In post 1834, Cephrir wrote: that's not an opinion, it's a fact
I was adamant about this because I wanted one more chance to die and potentially semiclear someone
In post 1863, Cephrir wrote: important note

Spoiler:
doggy
Crumb that I'm targeting andante
Bartleby the Scrivener
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1942 (ISO) » Mon May 01, 2023 10:12 am

Post by Andante »

actually… I don’t think merlyn and elpis are partnered, cause of how they entered the day, seems bold if both scum, by default that makes marquis scum, and if I’m alive for bad reads it’s gonna be elpis + marquis I think… I need to reread elpis, all I’m really recalling right now is this d5 start with “It might be ceph!!” then like 10 posts later “I give ceph my vote”

so then merlyn/gimli would be town, but why would town!gimli like instantly yeet brian??
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1943 (ISO) » Mon May 01, 2023 10:24 am

Post by Cephrir »

Yeah I'm having trouble with gimli's hammer d3 too

But I need to reevaluate the whole game so I don't want to get ahead of myself
Bartleby the Scrivener
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1944 (ISO) » Mon May 01, 2023 11:06 am

Post by Andante »

In post 1943, Cephrir wrote: But I need to reevaluate the whole game
lol yeah I feel... the best part of this is that this week is my final week of classes, finals next week lol and like this MArquis replacement... is deadline just going down down down? like, I'd rather it be frozen till replacement shows up
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1945 (ISO) » Mon May 01, 2023 12:49 pm

Post by Merlyn »

In post 1939, Andante wrote: Yes I understand that, but I hate how they were both like “yeah! ceph has my vote!!” and like, that was that… no concern whatsoever here??? like obviously I’ll listen to who people want to vote/not vote whoever I want right now.. but I hate this idea of throwing hands up like “not my problem!!!” like, if we’re right today, we literally still have tomorrow, and if this is just “we voted scum out cause ceph said so” we have nothing to go on tomorrow
If only there was a a thread explaining the 'klick' thing that you could read called and someone linked for you, they might have answered some of these questions!

Let me give you a small spoiler from it: the people most likely to squirm at this are scum. I think that Elpis knows that, which is why he agreed but registered great reluctance. And now here you are.

If you are town, Andante, you could at least learn what the idea you plan to shoot down is instead of starting to shout about WHY WOULD ANYONE GIVE UP THEIR VOTES. Like, the thread is called 'When to give up your vote'.
In post 1928, Andante wrote: like, sorry not sorry yall, I'm losing interest in this real fast, I know I'm town, I was pretty set on ethel, they flipped town, I was pretty set on a gimli/marquis team yesterday, I'm alive now, so I know that ain't right, unless it is and scum wants me to second guess it, ahhhh
In post 1933, Andante wrote: I genuinely don't feel like doing anything till Marquis 2.0 shows up
This kind of stuff does not give me confidence I should walk away from the idea because you don't like it, you know?
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1946 (ISO) » Mon May 01, 2023 1:09 pm

Post by Merlyn »

Cephrir- my read was town before the claim, and I don't see any reason to think he's scum faking a claim now. Like, what would scum gain from that claim? The only crumb I noticed was the 'doggy' one and I knew you meant to do something with Andante but yeah....if Andante is scum they didn't bite. Too smart, or is actually town?
My single issue with Cephrir was a very early post he made where I thought it was weird he was calling attention to a breadcrumb- I thought you were never supposed to do that. But I do get the explanation that since neighbors don't know their alignment (which I also didn't know till I was told), it wouldn't make a difference. With that cleared he was my only clear choice for town. Some of it is a gut thing- I feel like I read genuine frustration in his posts. When I realized how many wagons leading to town kills he was on, I had to decide if he was the boldest scum out there, or if he was genuinely scum hunting in all the wrong places. I started thinking that it would make sense for him to be so frustrated and also to keep missing if there was someone obvious he was accidentally blind to. And that made me start focusing on Elpis, bc a real life friend could make a great blind spot.

Elpis- I think Elpis has done a masterful job of being active, seeming to be a big contributor throughout the game...but when I started looking for what those contributions are I noticed some things.
In post 1857, Merlyn wrote: Ppl on the Enchant wagon that aren't conf town: Cephrir, Elpis, NorwegianboyEE. I think there has to be scum there. The idea that it was an all-town wagon is too much for me.
Well, I still think this.
In post 1860, Merlyn wrote: Ppl on enchant wagon (frmerly nsg) not confirm town
Elpis
So, if Elpis isn't scum, that was an all-town wagon.

I'm going to point to for more of my thoughts about Elpis, including their response and what I thought of it.
I'm fascinated that Elpis describes themselves as a very emotional person, too- they have no reason to lie about this, and I assume Cephrir could confirm. Because the posting style here is very measured, very calm. This would make sense to me as a new scum, the first time I was scum I thought and rethought and triple thought everything I said.
Their responses today only help me be confident that I'm onto something. This sudden suspecting of Cephrir the second Cephrir shows doubt? Reluctantly agreeing to give up a vote but not making a case elsewhere? Scum has to be somewhere and I think it's Elpis.
I'll post this wall of text before going on to Andante and Marquis
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1947 (ISO) » Mon May 01, 2023 1:15 pm

Post by Merlyn »

damn, the link above should be. Please also see .
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1948 (ISO) » Mon May 01, 2023 1:29 pm

Post by Merlyn »

So, this part makes me nervous, because I'm not as confident in these reads, but here's what I think:

Andante- I think they're town. The thing that stands out for me is how much they tried to slow the disaster of the of brian lim. Also, Andante has been right to question the people she questions (I can link to these if someone asks, but there's MANY), regardless of if they are town- she is good at pointing out play that is bad for town and pushing people on their crappy decisions. I also noted that Andante was the first to try and start a wagon on NM and others (yeah, including Elpis) kind of talked over her.

Marquis- this is what makes me nervous. Bc if Andante and Cephrir are my townreads, this makes Marquis scum. I have read their meager 65 posts three times at this point, there's nothing there. I don't think someone would fake shingles or anything, but things were slim even before that. I wish I felt more confident about this but I don't know how. I do have some ideas of how I think a replacement might come in if the slot is scum vs if they're town, so we'll see.
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1949 (ISO) » Mon May 01, 2023 1:32 pm

Post by Merlyn »

In post 1942, Andante wrote: so then merlyn/gimli would be town, but why would town!gimli like instantly yeet brian??
In post 1943, Cephrir wrote: Yeah I'm having trouble with gimli's hammer d3 too
It was crappy townplay, there's just no getting around it. I don't know what was going on with my predecessor tbh. I kind of think he may have dipped out of embarrassment.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”