they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Mon May 01, 2023 2:33 pm

Post by patchwork »

In post 294, Malakittens wrote:
In post 255, T3 wrote:
In post 253, Malakittens wrote: T3 can you explain why I’m so further down on your list. I’m highly upset.
I didn't like your Invisibility scumread and you haven't done anything towny
:?
the invisibility scumread is pretty bad though tbh
lolhammer count: 3
patchwork
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Mon May 01, 2023 2:33 pm

Post by patchwork »

yeaa pagetop sweet
patchwork
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Mon May 01, 2023 2:41 pm

Post by patchwork »

psst NK can we get a readslist? or if you don't want to do that (please do) can we get a limpool for today plus explanations
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Mon May 01, 2023 2:46 pm

Post by Umlaut »

In post 273, Invisibility wrote:
In post 132, Umlaut wrote: {Invisibility}
{patchwork, Black}
{Not Known 15}
{geraintm, Venmar, T3, Greeting}
{Malakittens, bristep123}
can you explain a read from here that isn't me or nk15 pick your favorite
Not really, the people saying it was BS were at least partially right in that I just sort of threw that together without thinking too hard about it. Something about Mala's posts thru or so felt like writing a lot and acting engaged without really saying anything. It was and is a weak reason for a vote and I'm happy to move from it but didn't really have any better ideas

That said I like the points on Venmar so

VOTE: Venmar

(Not really engaging with this game today, will try to be more active tomorrow, but didn't want to just be incommunicado all day long)

Not really engaging with the game today, too much else going on, but I can say I put NK15 a step above the totally-nulls (geraintm, etc.)
“There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say, ‘There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say there are two kinds of people in this world,
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
say. Well, then there’s me.” — J.R. “Bob” Dobbs
patchwork
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Mon May 01, 2023 2:47 pm

Post by patchwork »

In post 303, Umlaut wrote: Not really, the people saying it was BS were at least partially right in that I just sort of threw that together without thinking too hard about it. Something about Mala's posts thru 69 or so felt like writing a lot and acting engaged without really saying anything. It was and is a weak reason for a vote and I'm happy to move from it but didn't really have any better ideas
i don't feel like mafia would admit this
patchwork
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Mon May 01, 2023 2:50 pm

Post by patchwork »

In post 287, Venmar wrote:
In post 270, patchwork wrote: venmar, why do you dislike black's post? i thought it was a good catchup and it provided some fresh takes
like are you gonna engage with it or what? are you just saying you're more sure about black cause you wanna OMGUS?
i'm not opposed to a venmar wagon, but there's a lot of people on him right now. i'd rather use my vote somewhere else.

speaking of votes... can someone explain why they're voting umlaut? they've just kind of been unremarkable this game

Wait so Black scumreading cause im reading this game off of mainly vibes and gut but then you doing this:

In post 282, patchwork wrote:
In post 280, Invisibility wrote:
In post 277, patchwork wrote: bri (bad vibes to me)
wait have you explained this or does it start and end with vibes
starts and ends with vibes

Is supposed to make sense?

BIG THINKING EMOJI
Also can you answer my fucking question instead of deflecting.
Invisibility
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he or she

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Mon May 01, 2023 3:14 pm

Post by Invisibility »

In post 300, patchwork wrote:
In post 294, Malakittens wrote:
In post 255, T3 wrote:
In post 253, Malakittens wrote: T3 can you explain why I’m so further down on your list. I’m highly upset.
I didn't like your Invisibility scumread and you haven't done anything towny
:?
the invisibility scumread is pretty bad though tbh
do you find Mala scummy?
Invisibility is actually AWESOME!
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Mon May 01, 2023 3:16 pm

Post by Umlaut »

Ignore the last paragraph in my last post, I started writing about NK before realizing Invis said to talk about someone else, and forgot to delete the unfinished paragraph.
“There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say, ‘There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say there are two kinds of people in this world,
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
say. Well, then there’s me.” — J.R. “Bob” Dobbs
Invisibility
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Mon May 01, 2023 3:17 pm

Post by Invisibility »

lol it's okay I was mostly just saying that so you wouldn't just say that you had a nullread on NK since I was frustated at the not-content of many of your posts LOL
Invisibility
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Mon May 01, 2023 3:18 pm

Post by Invisibility »

but your most recent post is cool in the content department. This is so awesome
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Mon May 01, 2023 3:20 pm

Post by Malakittens »

I mean tbh I was scumrrading blue squirrel early on, but not anymore
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.
And maybe, just maybe, that'll take you right where you were supposed to be.

Get to know a Mala~Grey<3 4.7.2015
Invisibility
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Mon May 01, 2023 3:21 pm

Post by Invisibility »

I think your scumread on me was OK once you explained yourself and also we cleared up some confusion I think
Invisibility
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Mon May 01, 2023 3:22 pm

Post by Invisibility »

like my main qualm was that it seemed weird and vague
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Mon May 01, 2023 3:25 pm

Post by Malakittens »

That’s me in a nutshell
Weird n vague
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.
And maybe, just maybe, that'll take you right where you were supposed to be.

Get to know a Mala~Grey<3 4.7.2015
Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Mon May 01, 2023 3:41 pm

Post by Venmar »

In post 289, Black wrote:
In post 288, Venmar wrote: I realize Blacks reasoning is more nuanced but I think y'all are being opportunistic and voting me for taking a laid back approach to this game and its easy convenient for scum to take advantage of that and push an easy wagon, and that's the vibe Black is giving me!
This reads as you think I'm scum but that townies jumped on the wagon. Would this be a fair assessment?

Mmmmm, probably?
I swear I'm trying my best

--Expect me to be V/LA from 10am-7pm PST every Mon, Wed, Thurs, Sat, Sun due to work--
Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Mon May 01, 2023 3:55 pm

Post by Venmar »

Black's #256 bothered me because a chunk of the wall is irrelevant comments ("Hi patch", "Cant believe we won death note", etc), a lot of it is just empty commentary to me ("not following these reads by Umlaut", "this feels a little fence-sitty from bris", etc) that feels like Black trying to find a reason to be productive and useful as !scum, like trying to fill a quota, rather than being a townie trying to focus on something and scumhunting, and a lot of the reads are just pretty non-committal and fencesitty in of themselves (see the comments to 153, 233, 120, etc) despite her criticizing others for the same.

Her reasons for voting me are then also pretty poor since idk how she spends much of the post throwing shade at other players, some more than me like Umlaut, and then decided to single me out because I accidentally wrote down Greeting twice in my reads post and because I jokingly told people to sheep me with no context on Umlaut. Former reason is just bogus and the latter feels like manufactured outrage. It definitely feels like Black is really reaching and making a mountain out of a molehill by focusing on stuff like that and taking advantage of the fact that I've decided to play passive and have provided no context for me vibe reads which is a really easy playstyle to just blindly attack as scum with not much effort.

Her doubling down after I simply said I had more bad vibes from her is also not great imo, saying I am playing "the typical scum hanging out in the background role" just kind of genuinely means nothing imo and is something that only feels true to the person saying it, there's not much in what I've done that is different from other low-effort posters in the game so this comment is just confirmation bias.

--Expect me to be V/LA from 10am-7pm PST every Mon, Wed, Thurs, Sat, Sun due to work--
Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Mon May 01, 2023 3:56 pm

Post by Venmar »

VOTE: Black

To reflect the change in the strength of the vibes

Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Mon May 01, 2023 4:04 pm

Post by Venmar »

In post 305, patchwork wrote:
In post 287, Venmar wrote:
In post 270, patchwork wrote: venmar, why do you dislike black's post? i thought it was a good catchup and it provided some fresh takes
like are you gonna engage with it or what? are you just saying you're more sure about black cause you wanna OMGUS?
i'm not opposed to a venmar wagon, but there's a lot of people on him right now. i'd rather use my vote somewhere else.

speaking of votes... can someone explain why they're voting umlaut? they've just kind of been unremarkable this game

Wait so Black scumreading cause im reading this game off of mainly vibes and gut but then you doing this:

In post 282, patchwork wrote:
In post 280, Invisibility wrote:
In post 277, patchwork wrote: bri (bad vibes to me)
wait have you explained this or does it start and end with vibes
starts and ends with vibes

Is supposed to make sense?

BIG THINKING EMOJI
Also can you answer my fucking question instead of deflecting.

Rawr

I did though in 315 you're welcome!!

patchwork
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Mon May 01, 2023 4:07 pm

Post by patchwork »

In post 306, Invisibility wrote:do you find Mala scummy?
ehhh null. i don't really know how to read them (her? idk). the read was bad until it was explained and i still don't really understand why there was a scumread since i've gotten town vibes from you since the first few pages. i still think it might be a chainsaw, but.. idk.
mala's kind of a weird slot that i will probably ISO when i get the time. i haven't thought much about them and they haven't been very present imo but it's hard for me to read them.
patchwork
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Mon May 01, 2023 4:07 pm

Post by patchwork »

In post 317, Venmar wrote: I did though in 315 you're welcome!!
thanks ill read it right now
patchwork
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Mon May 01, 2023 4:10 pm

Post by patchwork »

In post 315, Venmar wrote: Black's #256 bothered me because a chunk of the wall is irrelevant comments ("Hi patch", "Cant believe we won death note", etc), a lot of it is just empty commentary to me ("not following these reads by Umlaut", "this feels a little fence-sitty from bris", etc) that feels like Black trying to find a reason to be productive and useful as !scum, like trying to fill a quota, rather than being a townie trying to focus on something and scumhunting, and a lot of the reads are just pretty non-committal and fencesitty in of themselves (see the comments to 153, 233, 120, etc) despite her criticizing others for the same.

Her reasons for voting me are then also pretty poor since idk how she spends much of the post throwing shade at other players, some more than me like Umlaut, and then decided to single me out because I accidentally wrote down Greeting twice in my reads post and because I jokingly told people to sheep me with no context on Umlaut. Former reason is just bogus and the latter feels like manufactured outrage. It definitely feels like Black is really reaching and making a mountain out of a molehill by focusing on stuff like that and taking advantage of the fact that I've decided to play passive and have provided no context for me vibe reads which is a really easy playstyle to just blindly attack as scum with not much effort.

Her doubling down after I simply said I had more bad vibes from her is also not great imo, saying I am playing "the typical scum hanging out in the background role" just kind of genuinely means nothing imo and is something that only feels true to the person saying it, there's not much in what I've done that is different from other low-effort posters in the game so this comment is just confirmation bias.
wouldn’t you say confirmation bias is more likely to come from town than scum?

...also if black is scum i’m gonna be honest i don’t think she’s this bad at it and also i find you’re claiming black did stuff she didn’t actually do? maybe i’m mistaken, it’s pretty late where i am, but i thought her catch-up post wasn’t that bad
Invisibility
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Mon May 01, 2023 4:17 pm

Post by Invisibility »

In post 313, Malakittens wrote: That’s me in a nutshell
Weird n vague
up top!
Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Mon May 01, 2023 4:19 pm

Post by Venmar »

In post 320, patchwork wrote: wouldn’t you say confirmation bias is more likely to come from town than scum?

...also if black is scum i’m gonna be honest i don’t think she’s this bad at it and also i find you’re claiming black did stuff she didn’t actually do? maybe i’m mistaken, it’s pretty late where i am, but i thought her catch-up post wasn’t that bad

No

You're giving her a lot of credit, what she's doing isn't "bad", she got me to E-2 with no real effort. Re-read her post with what I said about it in mind. There's not much meat or substance in the post and tell me with a straight face that her voting me out of that pile of reads/observations makes sense

Invisibility
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Mon May 01, 2023 4:20 pm

Post by Invisibility »

In post 318, patchwork wrote:
ehhh null. i don't really know how to read them (her? idk). the read was bad until it was explained and i still don't really understand why there was a scumread since i've gotten town vibes from you since the first few pages. i still think it might be a chainsaw, but.. idk.
mala's kind of a weird slot that i will probably ISO when i get the time. i haven't thought much about them and they haven't been very present imo but it's hard for me to read them.
did you find Mala's read on me scummy at any point?

also in you said the read was bad and now you're saying the read was bad until it was explained, but like, this post and that post were both made long after they explained their read so I'm confused as to what changed
patchwork
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Mon May 01, 2023 4:22 pm

Post by patchwork »

In post 323, Invisibility wrote:
In post 318, patchwork wrote:
did you find Mala's read on me scummy at any point?

also in you said the read was bad and now you're saying the read was bad until it was explained, but like, this post and that post were both made long after they explained their read so I'm confused as to what changed
i mean i still think it's bad but it's slightly better after it was explained, if that makes sense. i'm not sure if i buy mala's reasoning but for now i've decided to leave it be. later i might look into it more.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”