Jack of All Trades
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he or she

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Mon May 01, 2023 4:34 pm

Post by Invisibility »

ok I basically got what I wanted to see from Venmar. UNVOTE: . Which was content. I don't think accidentally putting someone on your readlist twice is scummy

umm idk I've been itching to vote NK for a while VOTE: not known

man have my last few votes just been like, this person is humorously slow effort. God. Here I actually feel more confident on a scumread. I should've just voted here sooner. Like people were scummy but blehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh they became less not-effortful and suddenly I realize that maybe I'm the lazy one! Jk no I'm not but I realize that I need to seriously reevaluate my reads on all of everybody now lolz

dang I guess I am taking the lazy approach that Venmar said we were!!!! Fearful! Fearful! Ok whatever starting right now I'm putting one billion effort into the game (I don't actually agree that Black is taking advantage of a lazy town. I am just being silly. Except scum probably is taking advantage of a lazy town)
Invisibility is actually AWESOME!
patchwork
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Mon May 01, 2023 4:36 pm

Post by patchwork »

In post 256, Black wrote: - hi patch :3

- I agree with Invisibility here

- idk how I feel about this patch. I don't think taking people's word for weak meta reads is probably the best course of action. But I've had some real terrible interactions involving stupid meta arguments lately so my opinion might be tainted a bit

- this feels a little fence-sitty from bris

- I can't tell if geraintm is trolling here or really believes this. If the latter then this is pretty anti-town behavior

- not really following these reads by Umlaut

- I don't think a massclaim is good D1 in any setup but I'm sure there are some I'm not thinking about

- I don't like this vote by geraintm. Feels kinda omgus to me

- yeah, I guess you could say this action might be slightly town indicative for patch. I still think it's something scum!patch could throw in to take advantage of the fact that she plays fast and loose though which is why I felt pretty NAI about it

- I still can't believe we won Death Note <3

- this is how I feel about geraintm atm. I like that mala sees this too

- I kinda feel the same way as Greeting here, but I want more reason as to why you think this way, just like I need more reasoning from Umlaut about his list

- I like this post from patch and it makes me think they are genuinely trying to solve here

- I like this response to geraintm's bris vote. I'm getting +town vibes from bris coming out of this interaction

- this doesn't feel genuine from Venmar. Why do you have Greeting in good vibes and null vibes? Also not really liking Venmar's vote in and call for others to sheep him while refusing to give a reason

- this post makes me feel somewhat better about geraintm's alignment. This implies he's trying to look bad and his honesty here in admitting it kinda makes me think he could be town

- I don't mind this vote but I don't think the reasoning is very good
In post 315, Venmar wrote: Black's #256 bothered me because a chunk of the wall is irrelevant comments ("Hi patch", "Cant believe we won death note", etc), a lot of it is just empty commentary to me ("not following these reads by Umlaut", "this feels a little fence-sitty from bris", etc) that feels like Black trying to find a reason to be productive and useful as !scum, like trying to fill a quota, rather than being a townie trying to focus on something and scumhunting, and a lot of the reads are just pretty non-committal and fencesitty in of themselves (see the comments to 153, 233, 120, etc) despite her criticizing others for the same.

Her reasons for voting me are then also pretty poor since idk how she spends much of the post throwing shade at other players, some more than me like Umlaut, and then decided to single me out because I accidentally wrote down Greeting twice in my reads post and because I jokingly told people to sheep me with no context on Umlaut. Former reason is just bogus and the latter feels like manufactured outrage. It definitely feels like Black is really reaching and making a mountain out of a molehill by focusing on stuff like that and taking advantage of the fact that I've decided to play passive and have provided no context for me vibe reads which is a really easy playstyle to just blindly attack as scum with not much effort.

Her doubling down after I simply said I had more bad vibes from her is also not great imo, saying I am playing "the typical scum hanging out in the background role" just kind of genuinely means nothing imo and is something that only feels true to the person saying it, there's not much in what I've done that is different from other low-effort posters in the game so this comment is just confirmation bias.
In post 322, Venmar wrote:
In post 320, patchwork wrote: wouldn’t you say confirmation bias is more likely to come from town than scum?

...also if black is scum i’m gonna be honest i don’t think she’s this bad at it and also i find you’re claiming black did stuff she didn’t actually do? maybe i’m mistaken, it’s pretty late where i am, but i thought her catch-up post wasn’t that bad

No

You're giving her a lot of credit, what she's doing isn't "bad", she got me to E-2 with no real effort. Re-read her post with what I said about it in mind. There's not much meat or substance in the post and tell me with a straight face that her voting me out of that pile of reads/observations makes sense
lolhammer count: 3
Invisibility
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Mon May 01, 2023 4:38 pm

Post by Invisibility »

In post 328, patchwork wrote:3 quotes
wuh
patchwork
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Mon May 01, 2023 4:39 pm

Post by patchwork »

sorry i'm trying to read them outside of post editor because it's easier that way
patchwork
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Mon May 01, 2023 4:43 pm

Post by patchwork »

oh shit that reminds me i still haven't read mala's games fuck
patchwork
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Mon May 01, 2023 4:44 pm

Post by patchwork »

it's late whatever i cant do this right now. venmar just so you know i promise im not dipping on you, i am seeing what you are seeing and black is no longer a strong townread. however i will wait for her to respond before placing my vote to see if it gets better or worse. also because it's nearly 12 and i dont want to think now
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Mon May 01, 2023 7:53 pm

Post by geraintm »

In post 293, Malakittens wrote:
In post 285, geraintm wrote:
In post 256, Black wrote:
- this is how I feel about geraintm atm. I like that mala sees this too
we've not played together before. i'm a joy Day 1
Are you?
We played b4 together and I don’t remember it being this bad.
I have actuallynhad real thoughts about some players this game. I've interspersed that with plenty of clowning, but that is just me having fun
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Mon May 01, 2023 7:58 pm

Post by geraintm »

I don't remember playing with Invisibility before, I don't remember thr picture.

I checked their profile and it says they are 18. Is this hyperactive posting normal for them? I would say it gives me weird vibes, but vibes are not something anyone should be using to find scum. That should just be down to any investigators.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him; they/them

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Mon May 01, 2023 9:38 pm

Post by Greeting »

In post 246, T3 wrote:
In post 240, Invisibility wrote:
In post 233, T3 wrote: framing his read on Mala like it was something bigger than it actually is
wdym by this?
I didn't like how Greeting didn't get straight to the point with his read. It seemed like he used a lot of words to express what is basically a statement of fact.
So you didn't like it when I explained my
Malakittens
read, but when I didn't explain my
Umlaut
read you also didn't like it?
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Mon May 01, 2023 9:41 pm

Post by Greeting »

In post 247, T3 wrote:
In post 244, Greeting wrote:
In post 233, T3 wrote: I didn't like how Greeting just said that "this readlist smells like bs" without explanation.
Do you think that readslist can be defended?
I think it can, and I also don't see how that's relevant to the discussion at hand.
In post 303, Umlaut wrote: Not really, the people saying it was BS were at least partially right in that I just sort of threw that together without thinking too hard about it.
:shifty:
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Mon May 01, 2023 9:43 pm

Post by Greeting »

In post 251, Not Known 15 wrote: Greeting, do you think Umlaut is scum?
I think this wagon is worth pursuing, but it's not my only scumread as of now.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Mon May 01, 2023 9:57 pm

Post by Greeting »

In post 304, patchwork wrote:
In post 303, Umlaut wrote: Not really, the people saying it was BS were at least partially right in that I just sort of threw that together without thinking too hard about it. Something about Mala's posts thru 69 or so felt like writing a lot and acting engaged without really saying anything. It was and is a weak reason for a vote and I'm happy to move from it but didn't really have any better ideas
i don't feel like mafia would admit this
Yeah, I thought
Umlaut
could get a town point for admitting it. But still, I honestly don't like the reads. I mean, putting
Not Known 15
above null? I just don't really see it as warranted or justfiable. I also completely disagree with his evaluation of
Mala

Also, I really dislike how the wagon on me appeared suddenly only when
Umlaut
reached E-2. Feels like a distraction.
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest
Pronoun: any

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Tue May 02, 2023 12:17 am

Post by Skygazer »

VC 1.11
Venmar
(3): Black, bristep123, Umlaut
Greeting
(2): T3, Not Known 15
Umlaut
(1): Greeting
bristep123
(1): geraintm
Black
(1): Venmar
Not Known 15
(1): Invisibility

Not Voting
(2): patchwork, Malakittens

With 11 alive, it takes 6 votes to accidentally disassemble a player. Day 1 ends in (expired on 2023-05-09 12:20:00).
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest
Pronoun: any

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Tue May 02, 2023 12:37 am

Post by Skygazer »

things uttered in the year 2300
"can you rewind? my optical sensors glitched out for a second"
Invisibility
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Tue May 02, 2023 12:58 am

Post by Invisibility »

In post 334, geraintm wrote: I don't remember playing with Invisibility before, I don't remember thr picture.

I checked their profile and it says they are 18. Is this hyperactive posting normal for them? I would say it gives me weird vibes, but vibes are not something anyone should be using to find scum. That should just be down to any investigators.
I think I am just a hyperactive person
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Tue May 02, 2023 1:59 am

Post by Umlaut »

In post 338, Greeting wrote:Yeah, I thought
Umlaut
could get a town point for admitting it. But still, I honestly don't like the reads. I mean, putting
Not Known 15
above null? I just don't really see it as warranted or justfiable. I also completely disagree with his evaluation of
Mala

Umlaut
There are only two scum, so if scum are coördinating to wagon you that makes me town.

As for NK15, they were a step above the others because they actually had some game-advancing content as of that page even if it was lackluster.
“There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say, ‘There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say there are two kinds of people in this world,
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
say. Well, then there’s me.” — J.R. “Bob” Dobbs
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Tue May 02, 2023 2:01 am

Post by Umlaut »

In post 334, geraintm wrote: I don't remember playing with Invisibility before, I don't remember thr picture.

I don't remember Invis posting a crazy amount in the game I modded years ago, but he was scum in that game and it was an easy win for them so they had no reason to be hyperposty and shake things up. I'm town reading the activity here
“There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say, ‘There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say there are two kinds of people in this world,
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Tue May 02, 2023 2:21 am

Post by geraintm »

In post 341, Invisibility wrote:

I think I am just a hyperactive person
i was curious was all what to expect from you
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Tue May 02, 2023 2:22 am

Post by geraintm »

In post 342, Umlaut wrote:
Umlaut
Not Known 15
Mala

Umlaut
There are only two scum, so if scum are coördinating to wagon you that makes me town.

VOTE: umlaut
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Tue May 02, 2023 2:39 am

Post by Black »

In post 345, geraintm wrote:
In post 342, Umlaut wrote:
Umlaut
Not Known 15
Mala

Umlaut

VOTE: umlaut
Is this a slip?

It's an 11 player game so 2 mafia seems likely. Throw in the vig though, could it be 8-3? Still seems to heavily favor scum from just a numbers perspective especially when you consider the vig has a higher chance of killing a townie

I think 2 scum is likely. Umlaut seems to think it's definite though
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Tue May 02, 2023 2:51 am

Post by Umlaut »

11:2 is mod-confirmed both in and in the queue.
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Tue May 02, 2023 2:51 am

Post by Umlaut »

9:2 I mean
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Tue May 02, 2023 2:57 am

Post by geraintm »

In post 347, Umlaut wrote: 11:2 is mod-confirmed both in and in the queue.
UNVOTE:

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”