Umlaut
(1): Greeting
Black
(1): Venmar
Not Known 15
(1): Invisibility

Not Voting
(3): patchwork, Malakittens, geraintm

With 11 alive, it takes 6 votes to accidentally disassemble a player. Day 1 ends in (expired on 2023-05-09 12:20:00).
pretend this is an insightful signature pls & ty
replacement queue
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Tue May 02, 2023 4:51 am

Post by geraintm »

In post 357, Umlaut wrote: I think geraintm just flash-voting me for the 'slip' there is towny but not as convinced by Black calling it out because her whole musing about "maybe it's 2 scum, maybe it's 3" seems like it could be trying to sell people on her not knowing the setup. I know it sounds kind of like a bad incentive to start handing out more townpoints for naked-voting than for explaining oneself but it is what it is
i'll take those points.
always ascribe me points for idiocy rather than any grand plans.
Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Tue May 02, 2023 4:57 am

Post by Venmar »

In post 350, Black wrote:
In post 315, Venmar wrote: Black's #256 bothered me because a chunk of the wall is irrelevant comments ("Hi patch", "Cant believe we won death note", etc), a lot of it is just empty commentary to me ("not following these reads by Umlaut", "this feels a little fence-sitty from bris", etc) that feels like Black trying to find a reason to be productive and useful as !scum, like trying to fill a quota, rather than being a townie trying to focus on something and scumhunting, and a lot of the reads are just pretty non-committal and fencesitty in of themselves (see the comments to 153, 233, 120, etc) despite her criticizing others for the same.
Minimizing my catch-up post to "empty commentary" is pretty disingenuous. Did I solve the game? No, but I gave thoughts on most everything I felt was worthy of talking about. There's more content in that one post than you've provided all game. Even if it was empty it would still be better than no content at all
In post 315, Venmar wrote: Her reasons for voting me are then also pretty poor since idk how she spends much of the post throwing shade at other players, some more than me like Umlaut, and then decided to single me out because I accidentally wrote down Greeting twice in my reads post and because I jokingly told people to sheep me with no context on Umlaut. Former reason is just bogus and the latter feels like manufactured outrage.
This reads as "Black's reasons to vote me are poor because those reasons could apply to other people so it doesn't make sense for them to vote for me"

What kind of opinion is this? Maybe if I had 3 votes I could spread them around to all the lurkers I think could be scum, but I don't. So you are my choice. There's nothing poor about that reasoning at all
In post 315, Venmar wrote:It definitely feels like Black is really reaching and making a mountain out of a molehill by focusing on stuff like that
and taking advantage of the fact that I've decided to play passive
and have provided no context for me vibe reads which is a really easy playstyle to just blindly attack as scum with not much effort.
Yeah? Where have you stated that you made a conscious decision to play passive this game? To me this just sounds like an excuse for your lurking behavior. "Oh I decided to play passive this game". Yeah, wolves do that too. We're going to need stuff from you that shows us you're town if you're town
1. I was giving my opinion on your play. I don't think it was minimizing, your wall post wasn't particularly fat in content to begin with, it was mostly one sentence observations and many of them weren't very impressive unfortunately. I find that scum are more likely to appear active and "react" to content rather than generate content themselves or scumhunt actively, and the former is what your wall post looked like.

2. This is a weak response to my criticism, you basically admit that I am right that I'm not doing much else different from other "lurkers" (even though I dont think Ive lurked this game) and throw up your hands that you don't have 3 votes to vote them all. You make no attempt really to justify why me putting someone twice on my reads list twice or joking about people sheeping me was worthy for you to single me out. Nor do you address the fact that I feel like you shaded certain people like Umlaut more than me in that wall post.

3. This is a lot of nothing. I don't need to announce how I'm going to play, I just decided to play off vibes and as a playstyle thing I feel like it was the actual reason you pushed me since it made me an easy target. There's a lot of confirmation bias here too, "Yeah Scum like to be passive too", isn't really something that rings true to anyone but you because you want it to with regards to me.

"We're going to need stuff from you that shows us you're town if you're town" is also such a nothing statement and it irritates me usually when people say it, I always just interpret it as someone trying to deflect attention from themselves and put the onus of being townie and active on others rather than do these things themselves. Being townie comes naturally to those who are town, going out of your way to tell someone that they have to actively do it feels like scum telling people to give them reasons to TR them or to do things to pick at. I'd rather people just do whatever and pick at them good or bad for that.
I swear I'm trying my best

--Expect me to be V/LA from 10am-7pm PST every Mon, Wed, Thurs, Sat, Sun due to work--
Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Tue May 02, 2023 4:59 am

Post by Venmar »

In post 376, geraintm wrote:always ascribe me points for idiocy rather than any grand plans.

I feel that

--Expect me to be V/LA from 10am-7pm PST every Mon, Wed, Thurs, Sat, Sun due to work--
Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Tue May 02, 2023 5:00 am

Post by Venmar »

In post 353, Black wrote:
In post 327, Invisibility wrote: ok I basically got what I wanted to see from Venmar. UNVOTE: . Which was content.
Curious about this. Venmar's content was basically attacking the person that attacked him. Personally I think we need to see a lot more solving from this slot

Actually I was already bad vibing you before your attack on me! I have proof!

Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Tue May 02, 2023 5:03 am

Post by Black »

Venmar, are you going to tunnel on me or are you actually going to contribute to the game?

Your content has been very light and I feel like you are using me as a way to provide more content without actually providing much in terms of game solving

Like cool, you think I'm scum. What are your other thoughts on the game?
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Tue May 02, 2023 5:04 am

Post by Venmar »

DEFLECTION +100

Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Tue May 02, 2023 5:05 am

Post by Black »

How ironic that you deflected my question with that post :lol:
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Tue May 02, 2023 5:05 am

Post by Venmar »

Tbh I was in the process of looking at the other stuff, and was about to say that something about the discussion between Umlaut/Gera/Black about the whole setup thing doesn't sit well with me, I mostly see it as a pointless discussion and as a kind of theatre. Sky said in signups that the setup has 2 scum and the fact that this generate a whole page of discussion is weird to me.

Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Tue May 02, 2023 5:08 am

Post by Venmar »

Like I think it mostly reflects poorly on Umlaut, it's interesting that when the posts can be simple setup discussion or defense of himself is when he decided to be more active (I know I know Black this looks like me a bit!!!). Really juicing the content if you know what I mean.

Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Tue May 02, 2023 5:10 am

Post by Black »

In post 384, Venmar wrote: Like I think it mostly reflects poorly on Umlaut, it's interesting that when the posts can be simple setup discussion or defense of himself is when he decided to be more active (I know I know Black this looks like me a bit!!!). Really juicing the content if you know what I mean.
This is a good post
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Tue May 02, 2023 5:11 am

Post by Black »

Do you have a top TR atm Venmar?
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Tue May 02, 2023 5:14 am

Post by Venmar »

Probably the Blue Squirrel. Malakitten also a TR but thats cause I like her vibes and energy

patchwork
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Tue May 02, 2023 8:40 am

Post by patchwork »

In post 338, Greeting wrote: Also, I really dislike how the wagon on me appeared suddenly only when Umlaut reached E-2. Feels like a distraction.
you have two votes on you, that's barely a wagon
lolhammer count: 3
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Tue May 02, 2023 8:41 am

Post by T3 »

In post 278, Black wrote:
In post 277, patchwork wrote:
In post 276, Invisibility wrote: Patch can I ask why you're not voting anyone right now?
i'm trying to find a player i want to apply pressure on, but no one seems like they've done anything exceptionally scummy yet, perhaps asides from venmar (as discussed earlier) or bri (bad vibes to me). venmar is a big wagon and i need to write a case if i want to push someone properly.
Do you think NK has been townie this game? I don't
You could argue NK hasn’t done anything towny and is scummy because of his lack of participation, but it seems pretty clear that patchwork is trying to find a player who’s done something
exceptionally
scummy.
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Tue May 02, 2023 8:47 am

Post by T3 »

In post 304, patchwork wrote:
In post 303, Umlaut wrote: Not really, the people saying it was BS were at least partially right in that I just sort of threw that together without thinking too hard about it. Something about Mala's posts thru 69 or so felt like writing a lot and acting engaged without really saying anything. It was and is a weak reason for a vote and I'm happy to move from it but didn't really have any better ideas
i don't feel like mafia would admit this
I don’t think so. Imagine for a moment that Umlaut is scum. What does he have to gain from defending an indefensible deadliest and forcing himself into a hole?
patchwork
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Tue May 02, 2023 9:03 am

Post by patchwork »

In post 390, T3 wrote:
In post 304, patchwork wrote:
In post 303, Umlaut wrote: Not really, the people saying it was BS were at least partially right in that I just sort of threw that together without thinking too hard about it. Something about Mala's posts thru 69 or so felt like writing a lot and acting engaged without really saying anything. It was and is a weak reason for a vote and I'm happy to move from it but didn't really have any better ideas
i don't feel like mafia would admit this
I don’t think so. Imagine for a moment that Umlaut is scum. What does he have to gain from defending an indefensible deadliest and forcing himself into a hole?
oh. that's fair. but i guess admitting that it was bs makes it look more towny because you're literally admitting to fabricating a list of scumreads and townreads...
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Tue May 02, 2023 10:34 am

Post by T3 »

In post 315, Venmar wrote: Black's #256 bothered me because a chunk of the wall is irrelevant comments ("Hi patch", "Cant believe we won death note", etc), a lot of it is just empty commentary to me ("not following these reads by Umlaut", "this feels a little fence-sitty from bris", etc) that feels like Black trying to find a reason to be productive and useful as !scum, like trying to fill a quota, rather than being a townie trying to focus on something and scumhunting, and a lot of the reads are just pretty non-committal and fencesitty in of themselves (see the comments to 153, 233, 120, etc) despite her criticizing others for the same.

Her reasons for voting me are then also pretty poor since idk how she spends much of the post throwing shade at other players, some more than me like Umlaut, and then decided to single me out because I accidentally wrote down Greeting twice in my reads post and because I jokingly told people to sheep me with no context on Umlaut. Former reason is just bogus and the latter feels like manufactured outrage. It definitely feels like Black is really reaching and making a mountain out of a molehill by focusing on stuff like that and taking advantage of the fact that I've decided to play passive and have provided no context for me vibe reads which is a really easy playstyle to just blindly attack as scum with not much effort.

Her doubling down after I simply said I had more bad vibes from her is also not great imo, saying I am playing "the typical scum hanging out in the background role" just kind of genuinely means nothing imo and is something that only feels true to the person saying it, there's not much in what I've done that is different from other low-effort posters in the game so this comment is just confirmation bias.
The only post you even bothered to analyze is the post where Black scumreads you and votes you, and your analysis is a half-baked justification of what is just an OMGUS :yawn:
VOTE: Venmar
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Tue May 02, 2023 10:37 am

Post by T3 »

In post 327, Invisibility wrote: ok I basically got what I wanted to see from Venmar. UNVOTE: . Which was content. I don't think accidentally putting someone on your readlist twice is scummy

umm idk I've been itching to vote NK for a while VOTE: not known

man have my last few votes just been like, this person is humorously slow effort. God. Here I actually feel more confident on a scumread. I should've just voted here sooner. Like people were scummy but blehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh they became less not-effortful and suddenly I realize that maybe I'm the lazy one! Jk no I'm not but I realize that I need to seriously reevaluate my reads on all of everybody now lolz

dang I guess I am taking the lazy approach that Venmar said we were!!!! Fearful! Fearful! Ok whatever starting right now I'm putting one billion effort into the game (I don't actually agree that Black is taking advantage of a lazy town. I am just being silly. Except scum probably is taking advantage of a lazy town)
NK is always extremely low effort, to the point where people sometimes think that he's deliberately throwing. It's definitely a bit annoying to play with, but you have to read him in other ways. Otherwise his flip gives no info.
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Tue May 02, 2023 10:41 am

Post by T3 »

In post 335, Greeting wrote:
In post 246, T3 wrote:
In post 240, Invisibility wrote:
In post 233, T3 wrote: framing his read on Mala like it was something bigger than it actually is
wdym by this?
I didn't like how Greeting didn't get straight to the point with his read. It seemed like he used a lot of words to express what is basically a statement of fact.
So you didn't like it when I explained my
Malakittens
read, but when I didn't explain my
Umlaut
read you also didn't like it?
Two things can be bad at once. I disliked your Mala read a lot more than I disliked your Umlaut read. :shifty:
patchwork
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Tue May 02, 2023 10:54 am

Post by patchwork »

maybe this is a hot take but ill share it anyways
i feel like while i mindmeld with a lot of black's ISO, it is a little bare-boned
i also feel like venmar is just OMGUSing and i have no idea if it comes from town or scum
patchwork
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Tue May 02, 2023 10:56 am

Post by patchwork »

i really need to re-evaluate this entire game
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Tue May 02, 2023 10:59 am

Post by Black »

In post 395, patchwork wrote: i feel like while i mindmeld with a lot of black's ISO, it is a little bare-boned
What does this even mean? You agree with a lot of what I'm saying but I'm not saying enough?
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Tue May 02, 2023 11:00 am