Mini 2297 | Conception | Postgame

Micro and Mini Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules)
(13 players or fewer)
. Signups Here
Hugir
Hugir
Goon
Hugir
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1625 (ISO) » Tue May 02, 2023 3:29 am

Post by Hugir »

With mod redirection in play, we don’t even have confirmation that you are actually a 1-way lover.
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1626 (ISO) » Tue May 02, 2023 4:18 am

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 1625, Hugir wrote:
With mod redirection in play, we don’t even have confirmation that you are actually a 1-way lover.
The PT is called a Lovers Vacuum
Hugir
Hugir
Goon
Hugir
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1627 (ISO) » Tue May 02, 2023 4:26 am

Post by Hugir »

And TheKeeper apparently was notified that they were in masonry. (And they’re not in masonry)
Hugir
Hugir
Goon
Hugir
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1628 (ISO) » Tue May 02, 2023 4:34 am

Post by Hugir »

My point back then, and still, is that what stops you from just being a neighborizer
Hugir
Hugir
Goon
Hugir
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1629 (ISO) » Tue May 02, 2023 4:35 am

Post by Hugir »

We had Kawaii, the neighborizer
The Keeper, the “Mason” neighborizer
And now you, the “Lover” neighborizer
Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1630 (ISO) » Tue May 02, 2023 6:57 am

Post by Feysal »

In post 1604, furtiveglance wrote: Both players who scumclaimed yesterday are now agreeing that I'm the best elimination and won't listen to reason.

The other 2 players aren't here.
I'm here, it is just that I'm usually online at very different hours from most of you, and end up responding to posts made while I was asleep the next day.

Anyway, I have thought some more about what I said about ActionDan's claim and motivation, and there is one more explanation, that being that there was no specific motivation. More often than not, I do things without a plan in mind, just hoping for something good to come out of it somehow. I've also been in the position of caught scum before, and chosen to share some information with the town just because. Once I even gave up on my serial killer win condition entirely, thanks to an unplanned partner from hell outing me, and played as if I was a town vigilante. My point is, overanalyzing why ActionDan said what he did could lead us nowhere because there may not be a why.

There is also the balance angle to consider. Redirector and deflector do seem to even out, but checker and 1-shot loverizer clearly don't. Think of it as a vengeful role that only needs to pick their kill in advance. Loverizer would give one scum a free kill over the other.
In post 1590, Flavor Leaf wrote: The Flyer Vendor is actually a really cool role in the setup thanks to roleblock/redirect/anti redirect possibilities.
Unless it really is impossible to redirect, in which case it is just a red herring. Yes, I get the theory that Hugir was blocked and that is why my flyer got through, but I'm not convinced by it. We now know that Abnegation was a special miller, and without both factions having an investigation, her role would not make much sense.
Hugir
Hugir
Goon
Hugir
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1631 (ISO) » Tue May 02, 2023 7:48 am

Post by Hugir »

I, too, thought about both scum having investigations. Actually, I was sure about that yesterday. But as the days went by, it just wasn’t as plausible anymore. Abnegation’s role I think was clearly there to mess with the parity cop. Like a straight up cop/miller relationship. I also think that red scum’s “cop check” is a byproduct, not the main effect. I think this because it’s… just weird that red scum would check someone who’ve been accused by green scum. I also fully believe that red scum were too scared of me to make a kill. Combining those two, I feel like the TKeeper cop was a byproduct. In fact, we haven’t seen any public results, even the day when AD accused me of being green scum. If my suspicion is correct, it is most likely something protective, something like rolestop or doctor. Actually if it was a doctor then this would mean AD lied about scum not being able to kill each other, which is interesting.
Hugir
Hugir
Goon
Hugir
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1632 (ISO) » Tue May 02, 2023 7:51 am

Post by Hugir »

This is also why I discarded the idea of you being rolestopped. Because… why would they? And if they did where is the report?
Hugir
Hugir
Goon
Hugir
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1633 (ISO) » Tue May 02, 2023 8:11 am

Post by Hugir »

And yes that is the answer of this:
In post 1557, Hugir wrote: Next in line: jumping into the giant pool of wifom that is “AD cleared The Keeper from being greenscum”
Hugir
Hugir
Goon
Hugir
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1634 (ISO) » Tue May 02, 2023 8:16 am

Post by Hugir »

I am still going to check the alternative scenarios to make sure I’m not wrong. But I’m really thinking that I’m not wrong here. If anyone else can see flaw of what I’ve been posting so far, please let me know.
Hugir
Hugir
Goon
Hugir
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1635 (ISO) » Tue May 02, 2023 8:16 am

Post by Hugir »

And no, “it’s ridiculous” doesn’t count unless it’s explained with why.
Hugir
Hugir
Goon
Hugir
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1636 (ISO) » Tue May 02, 2023 8:20 am

Post by Hugir »

Anyway, I have thought some more about what I said about ActionDan's claim and motivation, and there is one more explanation, that being that there was no specific motivation. More often than not, I do things without a plan in mind, just hoping for something good to come out of it somehow. I've also been in the position of caught scum before, and chosen to share some information with the town just because. Once I even gave up on my serial killer win condition entirely, thanks to an unplanned partner from hell outing me, and played as if I was a town vigilante. My point is, overanalyzing why ActionDan said what he did could lead us nowhere because there may not be a why.
Hard disagree. He faked the guilty on me and self hammered. That alone shows that he had a motivation to further his win condition.
Hugir
Hugir
Goon
Hugir
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1637 (ISO) » Tue May 02, 2023 8:26 am

Post by Hugir »

Btw is The Keeper talking in the hood @FL
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1638 (ISO) » Tue May 02, 2023 10:01 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

No. They’ve been gone for a bit.

We are not a Mason Vaccuum
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1639 (ISO) » Tue May 02, 2023 10:02 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

Affiliation Vacuum.

So i guess it kinda makes sense they said Mason. But that’s our Notion, not where Invocation is
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1640 (ISO) » Tue May 02, 2023 10:03 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

“We now know that Abnegation was a special miller, and without both factions having an investigation, her role would not make much sense.“

Parity cop interacted with it
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1641 (ISO) » Tue May 02, 2023 10:06 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 1623, Hugir wrote: With that said, while I still don’t think I’m wrong, I must ask you this because I simply can’t unsee it.
In post 1620, Flavor Leaf wrote: I think the possibility of Redirect is too dangerous because as scum, if we hit town today, you can just win if you know who other scum is, which i feel is becoming obviously Keeper.
This is the second time where you blindly assumed that scum has to kill, even if it ends up costing them. Why is that?
i don’t like the idea of them No Killing, but if they do that’s fine too because we get the next day.
Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1642 (ISO) » Tue May 02, 2023 10:19 am

Post by Feysal »

In post 1636, Hugir wrote: Hard disagree. He faked the guilty on me and self hammered. That alone shows that he had a motivation to further his win condition.
I agree that he was still playing to win. My point is, he may not have had a plan for how accusing you would help, but he may have done it anyway just hoping it would. It is plausible he would have done it without knowing Furtive would live.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1643 (ISO) » Tue May 02, 2023 10:22 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

Weird thing right now is Hugir using stuff that requires us to trust their word on seething that happened and acting as it’s fact is something I don’t like.

I’m pretty sold on KeeperScum, and when they get targeted by the other Affiliation, they get their Green IC public shout out.

I’ve been thinking about it, and I think Blue/Keeper were pretty obvious Day 1 crumbing at each other, so why would Keeper have targeted Aisa.

@Feysal - what are your thoughts on Furt?
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1644 (ISO) » Tue May 02, 2023 10:25 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

Wait, there’s probably only one kill per night anyways.

There might not be Multitasking scum then.
Hugir
Hugir
Goon
Hugir
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1645 (ISO) » Tue May 02, 2023 10:27 am

Post by Hugir »

In post 1643, Flavor Leaf wrote:Weird thing right now is Hugir using stuff that requires us to trust their word on seething that happened and acting as it’s fact is something I don’t like.
I mean that's why literally I've been spending half of the time explaining why I wouldn't be lying about things I say. That's where "even if I was scum" thing is coming from. To show that I have no reason to lie about things I'm saying because it wouldn't make sense as either alignment for me.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1646 (ISO) » Tue May 02, 2023 10:28 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

I think Hugir’s making a strong case that sounds good and logical, I just dont really believe anything they say. Like I wanna believe them, but paranoia keeps me away.

I kind of think Furt’s being obvTown lately too.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1647 (ISO) » Tue May 02, 2023 10:29 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 1645, Hugir wrote:
In post 1643, Flavor Leaf wrote:Weird thing right now is Hugir using stuff that requires us to trust their word on seething that happened and acting as it’s fact is something I don’t like.
I mean that's why literally I've been spending half of the time explaining why I wouldn't be lying about things I say. That's where "even if I was scum" thing is coming from. To show that I have no reason to lie about things I'm saying because it wouldn't make sense as either alignment for me.
Yeah, but that’s just as much a reason for why you would do it like that as scum.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1648 (ISO) » Tue May 02, 2023 10:29 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

What are your thoughts on my Keeper theory?
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1649 (ISO) » Tue May 02, 2023 10:30 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

Feysal could have just been targeted by IceDragon the day they died. They were strong town reading them. Was IceDragons ability permanent or night only

Return to “Coney Island [Mini Theme Games]”