VC 3-V

Alianna (1):
Doctor Drew ()
Deltabreedy (1):
Hu Tao ()
Hu Tao (1):
bristep123 ()

Not Voting (6):
Emperor flippyNips, KittyTacky, redFF (), Deltabreedy (), Theta Alpine (), Alianna ()

With 9 alive, it takes 5 for an execution.

Modnotes:
  • The deadline is due in (expired on 2023-05-11 00:00:00).
Theta Alpine
Theta Alpine
she/her
Mafia Scum
Theta Alpine
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #778 (ISO) » Sat May 06, 2023 2:45 am

Post by Theta Alpine »

In post 765, bristep123 wrote: Can someone clarify where the assumption of a traitor has come from?
even before someone revealed that it was confirmed

enchant flipped with disloyal unstoppable and no active non-factional abilities
there is exactly one situation where this makes sense to have
if you will be targeting someone with your factional kill who is the same alignment as you and who has protection

in normals there is only one setup satisfying this without an assumption of purposely targeting a teammate you are aware of
and that is to have a bulletproof traitor
alter of rautherdir
as town won 5 games | lost 6 games | mislimd 3 times | dayvigged once | nightkilled 3 times | vengekilled once | survived 3 times
as scum won 5 games | lost 1 game | eliminated twice | dayvigged once | vigged once | survived once | perfect scum victory once
and if you count large normal 204 then i won that game after replacing out as scum
Theta Alpine
Theta Alpine
she/her
Mafia Scum
Theta Alpine
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #779 (ISO) » Sat May 06, 2023 3:16 am

Post by Theta Alpine »

In post 761, KittyTacky wrote:
In post 756, Alianna wrote: @Kitty - how exactly does your role work? Enchant was executed D2 and you checked Delta N2, so if it's just them and a traitor, they technically have no one to talk to in the PT. I realize 3 scum + traitor is technically possible, just interested in this scenario. Would you get a positive or negative result on groupscum if they're the last one left, assuming they can't communicate in another way?
I get a guilty if they're not alone in a PT. So sole scum would get an inno even if traitor. So innos are pretty soft. I have a hunch it's 3 scum and tater however.
aaaaaaaaaa
okay so delta is a bit less cleared then i am
though neither of us are really cleared to begin with due to possibility of traitor
and yeah i am also thinking we have two grouped scum and one traitor left so

in that situation
we have three people completely cleared of being group scum and two targets left out of six
along with the potential for the traitor to be in the six instead of being one of me or delta

let me think a bit more
the enchant wagon went up fast
like i said delta was the only vote i thought might be bussing
i am just trying to figure out what i am missing here
alter of rautherdir
as town won 5 games | lost 6 games | mislimd 3 times | dayvigged once | nightkilled 3 times | vengekilled once | survived 3 times
as scum won 5 games | lost 1 game | eliminated twice | dayvigged once | vigged once | survived once | perfect scum victory once
and if you count large normal 204 then i won that game after replacing out as scum
Theta Alpine
Theta Alpine
she/her
Mafia Scum
Theta Alpine
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #780 (ISO) » Sat May 06, 2023 3:33 am

Post by Theta Alpine »

kitty changed their play in regards to the information they claimed to have received before enchants flip
so i think that claim is truthful and i do not see traffic analyst as being a potential scum role

so that leaves us with five targets left with assumed two group scum within them
if there is only one group scum + traitor left then we can afford to figure that out later
plus out of the semi-confirmed people i think it should be fairly obvious that me and delta are only same alignment if we are both town

so we have 2 out of 5 or 3 out of 5 if we have two group scum left depending on if me or delta is a traitor
the absolute worst case scenario is if i was traitor and delta was final group scum but assuming we are not in that situation and that all claims so far are truthful there is at least one scum within bristep | flippy | hu tao | alianna | doctor drew

and at this point it is just a question of
did scum bus or not
cause that narrows things down further
alter of rautherdir
Alianna
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #781 (ISO) » Sat May 06, 2023 4:00 am

Post by Alianna »

I can see 3 + traitor, but wouldn't Kitty's role technically be stronger in that setup than in 2 + traitor?
I townread Alianna.

Post #1000s Collected: 25
Mini Normal 2337 is full, pending launch!
Alianna
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Death by 1000 Pagetops

Post Post #782 (ISO) » Sat May 06, 2023 4:01 am

Post by Alianna »

Regardless of the number, they're probably stacked.
I townread Alianna.

Deltabreedy
Deltabreedy
He/him
Mafia Scum
Deltabreedy
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #783 (ISO) » Sat May 06, 2023 4:03 am

Post by Deltabreedy »

I don't trust Red's claim.

Here's why:

Knowing what we know now, #75 reads more like Scum!RedFF pushing away from traitor discussion. At the time justifiably so, so I think it went under the radar a bit - but in retrospect and aligning with the rest of their play it kind of makes sense.

Votes on Enchant and Theta in #84 and #117 have minimal justification but provide a degree of 'activity' without actually including any genuine scumhunting. This is then justified when FL challenges it in #154 where from there it does turn defensive. This gets called out but again their lack of activity after this means that they go pretty un-noticed.

In #222 there is another odd interaction with FL, wherein the prior interaction had shown FL to be doing some digging around Red's defensive posturing, but I think Red feigns ignorance in response to Flavour's admittedly quite coded posting. It reads to me as more of a vibe check - 'Who are you leaning scum on?' here =
Do you think I am scum?

Then there is effectively a 4 day period of inactivity. A few prod dodges that don't advance the game whilst ill - I don't count being ill as AI, of course - but returning to the game saying 'I got really sick over the weekend' when the inactivity was from Tues 23rd (#222) to Thurs 25th (#334 doesn't check out at all. Again, I feel this went relatively un-noticed. Lurking into the background has worked for Red and it's only really after the opportunistic vote on me and then the 3rd prod that I woke up and saw it.

#384 continues this trend of non-justified wagonpushing. At this point they're on Theta's wagon - and taking the assumption that Theta is town, Red would be keen on pushing this in bad faith, knowing who scum are. Being fine with all three wagons without actually having any reasoning behind them, not even spoken about vibes is inherently scummy to me - it might just be a playstyle thing but it also fits in with the rest of the gameplay so far.

Voting Mewtaph (Confirmed town by way of death) to E-1 without justification in #416 (coming after Mewtaph has called out RedFF for lurking in #3600 feels like Lurk!Scum looking for an easy way to A) Push a mislim and B) Push someone who suspects them out. By being so distant and in the background - from memory no-body connected this dot D2.

The justification for the Mew wagon from Red comes in D2, but again with nothing of substance to back it up. #478 reads as an attempt to move past it and move past any kind of VCA - and to be honest for me it worked. I didn't even clock thinking about it until now. By being aware of who scum is - Red can play along quite easily with FL's claim - which of course by way of death we know to be true. #479 curries favour with FL who Scum!Red would know to be powerful town and justifies the actions subsequently.

The big issue I have with this is the JK claim.

None of Red's actions feel like they have the goal of advancing the gamestate, or even finding scum. I don't read any willingness to find and lim scum from any of their posts - there's barely-existent questioning, a sense of complete apathy and to be honest if it wasn't for the claim, on a re-read I would have them absolutely locked as scum. Naked votes, opportunistic chances to put people at E-1 being taken - I just don't read Red's ISO or the associatives with Enchant and see anything other than scum.

The existance of the JK-enabler role is the literal only thing that slices up the argument and I'm having a real hard time getting past it.

Someone tell me I'm being an idiot here, but I'm really struggling with this one.

--

I also take issue with Alianna and Hu Tao for some of the same reasons, but I want players to audit my thought process above first.

Ninja'd by 4+ posts - will respond in new post.
Refer to me as 'Delta' or 'Tom'. Cheers! |
'Black, if you're scum, I'll eat my shoe.'
Never forget

Regular V/LA Wednesday evenings and Thursday all day (UTC+1)
|
GTKAS
Theta Alpine
Theta Alpine
she/her
Mafia Scum
Theta Alpine
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #784 (ISO) » Sat May 06, 2023 4:16 am

Post by Theta Alpine »

claiming jk in that situation is
a really iffy move if scum and not jailkeeper
cause it begs for a jailkeeper to cc

unfortunately red is no longer the most likely night kill so we will not get to see what happens there yet
alter of rautherdir
Alianna
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Death by 1000 Pagetops

Post Post #785 (ISO) » Sat May 06, 2023 4:25 am

Post by Alianna »

I take issue with the redFF case for a couple of reasons.

1. They're the jailkeeper claim. Fakeclaiming jailkeeper as scum is risky because the existence of a jailkeeper-enabler implies they're likely to get counterclaimed. It's possible that scum!redFF actually is a jailkeeper, but I don't know how likely it is that scum would have both a jailkeeper and a jailkeeper-enabler. Does anyone here know more about setup design to answer that?
2. Meta. Namely from this game, where they repped into a town slot, never really caught up on the game, were very inactive, put two wagons to E-1 with zero justification (one scum, one town), and got misexecuted. The "sense of complete apathy" that you speak of was present in that game too. I'm inclined to think this is just how they play.
I townread Alianna.

redFF
redFF
Mafia Scum
redFF
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #786 (ISO) » Sat May 06, 2023 7:00 am

Post by redFF »

i claimed because i figured a scum enabler to my role would be sus, i assumed enablers were usually of the same alignment, so i figured claiming now rather than it coming out later was the best move.
redFF
redFF
Mafia Scum
redFF
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #787 (ISO) » Sat May 06, 2023 7:00 am

Post by redFF »

i claimed because i figured a scum enabler to my role would be sus, i assumed enablers were usually of the same alignment, so i figured claiming now rather than it coming out later was the best move.
redFF
redFF
Mafia Scum
redFF
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #788 (ISO) » Sat May 06, 2023 7:01 am

Post by redFF »

In post 783, Deltabreedy wrote: I don't trust Red's claim.

Here's why:

Knowing what we know now, #75 reads more like Scum!RedFF pushing away from traitor discussion. At the time justifiably so, so I think it went under the radar a bit - but in retrospect and aligning with the rest of their play it kind of makes sense.

Votes on Enchant and Theta in #84 and #117 have minimal justification but provide a degree of 'activity' without actually including any genuine scumhunting. This is then justified when FL challenges it in #154 where from there it does turn defensive. This gets called out but again their lack of activity after this means that they go pretty un-noticed.

In #222 there is another odd interaction with FL, wherein the prior interaction had shown FL to be doing some digging around Red's defensive posturing, but I think Red feigns ignorance in response to Flavour's admittedly quite coded posting. It reads to me as more of a vibe check - 'Who are you leaning scum on?' here =
Do you think I am scum?

Then there is effectively a 4 day period of inactivity. A few prod dodges that don't advance the game whilst ill - I don't count being ill as AI, of course - but returning to the game saying 'I got really sick over the weekend' when the inactivity was from Tues 23rd (#222) to Thurs 25th (#334 doesn't check out at all. Again, I feel this went relatively un-noticed. Lurking into the background has worked for Red and it's only really after the opportunistic vote on me and then the 3rd prod that I woke up and saw it.

#384 continues this trend of non-justified wagonpushing. At this point they're on Theta's wagon - and taking the assumption that Theta is town, Red would be keen on pushing this in bad faith, knowing who scum are. Being fine with all three wagons without actually having any reasoning behind them, not even spoken about vibes is inherently scummy to me - it might just be a playstyle thing but it also fits in with the rest of the gameplay so far.

Voting Mewtaph (Confirmed town by way of death) to E-1 without justification in #416 (coming after Mewtaph has called out RedFF for lurking in #3600 feels like Lurk!Scum looking for an easy way to A) Push a mislim and B) Push someone who suspects them out. By being so distant and in the background - from memory no-body connected this dot D2.

The justification for the Mew wagon from Red comes in D2, but again with nothing of substance to back it up. #478 reads as an attempt to move past it and move past any kind of VCA - and to be honest for me it worked. I didn't even clock thinking about it until now. By being aware of who scum is - Red can play along quite easily with FL's claim - which of course by way of death we know to be true. #479 curries favour with FL who Scum!Red would know to be powerful town and justifies the actions subsequently.

The big issue I have with this is the JK claim.

None of Red's actions feel like they have the goal of advancing the gamestate, or even finding scum. I don't read any willingness to find and lim scum from any of their posts - there's barely-existent questioning, a sense of complete apathy and to be honest if it wasn't for the claim, on a re-read I would have them absolutely locked as scum. Naked votes, opportunistic chances to put people at E-1 being taken - I just don't read Red's ISO or the associatives with Enchant and see anything other than scum.

The existance of the JK-enabler role is the literal only thing that slices up the argument and I'm having a real hard time getting past it.

Someone tell me I'm being an idiot here, but I'm really struggling with this one.

--

I also take issue with Alianna and Hu Tao for some of the same reasons, but I want players to audit my thought process above first.

Ninja'd by 4+ posts - will respond in new post.
what a bunch of hogwash
redFF
redFF
Mafia Scum
redFF
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #789 (ISO) » Sat May 06, 2023 7:13 am

Post by redFF »

so if we have town as
delta
theta
kitty
myself

then i'd also add as people i read as town
alianna
bristep

then my lim pool today is
drew
emperor
hutao
redFF
redFF
Mafia Scum
redFF
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #790 (ISO) » Sat May 06, 2023 7:16 am

Post by redFF »

i really don't feel we should lim delta or theta on the off chance they are traitor, we should try and lim scum
redFF
redFF
Mafia Scum
redFF
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #791 (ISO) » Sat May 06, 2023 7:17 am

Post by redFF »

VOTE: hutao i dont like his reaction to my claim today
Alianna
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Death by 1000 Pagetops

Post Post #792 (ISO) » Sat May 06, 2023 7:20 am

Post by Alianna »

I agree with that.
the wiki wrote:A Traitor is considered Normal on mafiascum.net, as long as it:

- is Mafia-aligned
- knows the identities of all of the Mafia team
- identity is not known by the Mafia team, although they should know a Traitor exists
- cannot be recruited to join the rest of the Mafia team, and (unless Bulletproof) is killed if shot
- is endgamed if all other Mafia are dead

- gives a "guilty" result to Cops, an "innocent" result to Gunsmiths, and a "Traitor" result to Role Cops
Traitor-hunting is pointless. We should never execute Theta, and we should only go for Delta if we're sure the setup is 2 + traitor and there are no good execution options.
I townread Alianna.

Alianna
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Death by 1000 Pagetops

Post Post #793 (ISO) » Sat May 06, 2023 7:21 am

Post by Alianna »

^
Agreeing on not executing Delta or Theta. Not sure about Hu Tao.
I townread Alianna.

Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #794 (ISO) » Sat May 06, 2023 9:09 am

Post by Hu Tao »

In post 754, Theta Alpine wrote: so
i am trying to figure out
did group scum not bus enchant at all

cause either group scum did not bus or
bristep or hu tao is group scum
Even though I'm in the group who voted Enchant, I think it would be silly to rule out scum bussing
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #795 (ISO) » Sat May 06, 2023 9:10 am

Post by Hu Tao »

In post 758, bristep123 wrote: Sorry, been a hella busy week with work and other shenanigans. I’ll get to reading back this days activity. For now, because I don’t think Enchant’s elim was scum fred

VOTE: hu tao
What does this post even mean
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #796 (ISO) » Sat May 06, 2023 9:11 am

Post by Hu Tao »

In post 759, bristep123 wrote: *scum free.
Oh okay. That's fair but why does that make you just jump to the conclusion that scum bussed?
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #797 (ISO) » Sat May 06, 2023 9:12 am

Post by Hu Tao »

In post 763, KittyTacky wrote: *even if there's a traitor
Why is everyone convinced there is a traitor? I'm confused
Alianna
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Death by 1000 Pagetops

Post Post #798 (ISO) » Sat May 06, 2023 9:12 am

Post by Alianna »

Kitty is claiming to be informed of the existence of a traitor.
I townread Alianna.

Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #799 (ISO) » Sat May 06, 2023 9:13 am

Post by Hu Tao »

In post 771, KittyTacky wrote:
In post 769, Deltabreedy wrote:
In post 763, KittyTacky wrote: *even if there's a traitor
I mean, even you don't believe that it's confirmed?
Oh jeez. I was talking about how Traffic Analyst works. I was correcting my post here because I missed a word. I do believe it's confirmed BECAUSE IT WAS IN MY ROLE CARD. -_- idk how this wasn't obvious.
In post 761, KittyTacky wrote:
In post 756, Alianna wrote: @Kitty - how exactly does your role work? Enchant was executed D2 and you checked Delta N2, so if it's just them and a traitor, they technically have no one to talk to in the PT. I realize 3 scum + traitor is technically possible, just interested in this scenario. Would you get a positive or negative result on groupscum if they're the last one left, assuming they can't communicate in another way?
I get a guilty if they're not alone in a PT. So sole scum would get an inno even if traitor. So innos are pretty soft. I have a hunch it's 3 scum and tater however.

In post 770, bristep123 wrote:
In post 768, KittyTacky wrote: Yeah idk either. But it's now confirmed.
Confirmed how?
In post 737, KittyTacky wrote:
In post 715, Alianna wrote: This is probably fine.

VOTE: Deltabreedy

E-1.

@Theta - where was the possible traitor crumb from Kitty?
Okay I feel if I don't come out, Delta will hang.

I am a Village Informed Traffic Analyst.
First off, my informed is that there's a traitor and that there's a lazy modifier somewhere. They are not necessarily on the same person.

Then, my results:
N1 - Theta can't privately communicate. That's why I gave up my Theta push and softed it.
N2 - Delta can't privately communicate. Ditto.

If there is even scum between those it has to be the traitor. Possible both are just LHF town.

I also crumbed it here:
[float][/float]
In post 524, KittyTacky wrote: Sorry I wasn't very active yesterday I didn't have the will ta play much now I do.
"ta". O and A are very far from each other, and I'm not doing a Scottish accent gimmick this game.
Oh right I forgot the first part of the lazy post :lol:

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”