Goon
Peregrine
Any!
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: Any!

Post Post #2100 (ISO) » Sat May 06, 2023 8:24 am

Post by Peregrine »

In post 2098, Cephrir wrote: i cannot help but think that your overuse of exclamation points is an alt schtick

i think im done for now, might look at dead town later
I find it! Rather comforting to type like this, but if it is annoying I will try to stop!
Peregrine
Peregrine
Any!
Goon
Peregrine
Any!
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2101 (ISO) » Sat May 06, 2023 8:24 am

Post by Peregrine »

In post 688, Andante wrote: I mean, I tried telling you ethel seemed scummy yesterday, then that turned into "ANDANTE LIES!!" or whatever lol
Another example of the discrediting!
Peregrine
Peregrine
Any!
Goon
Peregrine
Any!
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2102 (ISO) » Sat May 06, 2023 8:25 am

Post by Peregrine »

In post 706, Andante wrote:
In post 703, Cephrir wrote: they've also gone back to doing nothing since this
yeah that's what gets me, like I read the "OMG BAD WAGON!!" stuff, and I'm just like, you're not really doing anything now that you aren't being wagoned, like when I get run up as one of the first wagons it's "get off!" but then I follow it up with essentially "I'm town, and I'm trying to find scum" since the wagon dissapeared, ballpoint just seems to be chilling

so let see what are my read currently:
ethel- scummy
nsg- scummy
not_mafia- scummy
ballpointpen- scummy

I want to say there was a 5th I called scum too, but I'm not sure I can see 3 of these being scum together hmm hang on
A retrospective read of this reads is that, it is all town and then Not_Mafia who has not cropped up much since the initial voting!
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #2103 (ISO) » Sat May 06, 2023 8:26 am

Post by Cat Scratch Fever »

VC 5.04

With 5 players, it takes 3 to make a decision. Day 4 ends in (expired on 2023-05-14 01:00:00).

VC
Not voting [5]:
Andante, Peregrine, Merlyn, Cephrir, Elpis

Mod Notes
  • Merlyn v/la from May 7th to May 9th

Flavor
Spoiler: Toronto
Last edited by Cat Scratch Fever on Sat May 06, 2023 8:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #2104 (ISO) » Sat May 06, 2023 8:27 am

Post by Cat Scratch Fever »

In post 2063, Merlyn wrote:
@MOD- I will be V/LA from 5/7 to 5/9
- work trip to Boston, so I should still be able to check in every day, just not as often.
okay, safe travels!
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2105 (ISO) » Sat May 06, 2023 8:28 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 2100, Peregrine wrote:
In post 2098, Cephrir wrote: i cannot help but think that your overuse of exclamation points is an alt schtick

i think im done for now, might look at dead town later
I find it! Rather comforting to type like this, but if it is annoying I will try to stop!
it's fine
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Peregrine
Peregrine
Any!
Goon
Peregrine
Any!
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2106 (ISO) » Sat May 06, 2023 8:28 am

Post by Peregrine »

In post 737, Andante wrote:
In post 735, Gimli wrote: when fber is SUPER DUPER TOWNIE thats when he is town got it
you think he’s SUPER TOWN right now?
SUPER TOWN cause of the meme post?
I also am making this post as a personal bookmark in case I do not get to everything I want but! I have thoughts!!
Peregrine
Peregrine
Any!
Goon
Peregrine
Any!
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2107 (ISO) » Sat May 06, 2023 8:35 am

Post by Peregrine »

In post 2106, Peregrine wrote:
In post 735, Gimli wrote: when fber is SUPER DUPER TOWNIE thats when he is town got it
I also am making this post as a personal bookmark in case I do not get to everything I want but! I have thoughts!!
Maybe I should use notes somewhere at some point but I am going to build off of this bookmark with a scrap of a thought! There is a consistent shift in Andante's reads regarding Gimli, which begins with their interactions feeling as if there's not a lot of solving from Andante's end when Gimli had a townread on her. But then she does shift to suspicion at said townread! And then to "I don't know but I wanna flip these other people before I dig in!" To... wanting to sheep him! (I have posts for these that I am not adding in to not clog the thread, but I can pull these if needed!) To a bit scummy again, and in the endgame (where I think it is most necessary to hedge your bets against a partner!) a scumread that does wavers at times but seems to be far more... rational, I suppose! Than the Ethel read was at the beginning!

Which I do not know what that says about Andante, the difference between a tunnel and a more fleshed out reasoning! I do know it is easier to scumread a partner as you know exactly what they're doing wrong, but I do not want to discredit the chance Andante could be right without additional information!
Peregrine
Peregrine
Any!
Goon
Peregrine
Any!
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2108 (ISO) » Sat May 06, 2023 8:38 am

Post by Peregrine »

And by that, because I wanted to springboard!

Merlyn, Andante!

I know I have been saying quite a few words about how I think you may be a team in my recent posting, and if I am wrong I am sorry but! I currently feel as if Elpis has not pushed much, if any, of an agenda this game and interfaced with Norwee in a way that made me feel as if they would not choose to kill him. And for Cephrir, it is less firm of a read but I feel as if his role may be a necessity for the town to not bleed out too quickly, alongside the fact that I think that his play this game would venture into absurdity if he was a mafia for the amount of mafia-siding he would have had to do with his pushes.

But if I am wrong somewhere that I am missing, or you want to push back on what I am saying, please do! I know this is weird thing to say because you are, of course, required to push back on me by virtue of me being wrong and you're town or you're a wolf but!! I don't want to alienate you if you're town!
Peregrine
Peregrine
Any!
Goon
Peregrine
Any!
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2109 (ISO) » Sat May 06, 2023 8:39 am

Post by Peregrine »

I will be back later!
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #2110 (ISO) » Sat May 06, 2023 3:09 pm

Post by Andante »

lol this feels like you set off on the mission that I was scum then tried to find whatever to prove it... I know I'll do that sometimes when I get tunneld, but bruhhh half that "case" is literally just SRing me for being me? if you're going that much at me for how I play, you might just want to go skim past games of mine
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2111 (ISO) » Sat May 06, 2023 3:10 pm

Post by Andante »

like, it feels like Peregrine was backed into a corner and was forced to make a move, and went "oh! andante is so easy to push"
like dude, sorry you weren't here but this game has not been anywhere near as simple as you seem to think it was.
Elpis
Elpis
Any
Goon
Elpis
Any
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #2112 (ISO) » Sat May 06, 2023 5:04 pm

Post by Elpis »

I don't know that I agree-- I appreciate their analysis and it feels like they're putting effort in to scumhunt with their quoting and searching.

Also-- i'm realizing that the better way to describe my scumhunting is by finding those that I TR, and seeking my scum through deciding who ISN'T scum, and is making decisions and choices that wouldn't make sense ever as scum.
“When someone leaves your life, those exits are not made equal. Some are beautiful and poetic and satisfying. Others are abrupt and unfair. But most are just unremarkable, unintentional, clumsy."

- Griffin Mcelroy
Elpis
Elpis
Any
Goon
Elpis
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2113 (ISO) » Sat May 06, 2023 5:05 pm

Post by Elpis »

I think that's why I still feel like i'm scumhunting, but everyone sees me just going, "they're all kind of towny, but THESE people are conf town in my eyes".
“When someone leaves your life, those exits are not made equal. Some are beautiful and poetic and satisfying. Others are abrupt and unfair. But most are just unremarkable, unintentional, clumsy."

- Griffin Mcelroy
Elpis
Elpis
Any
Goon
Elpis
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2114 (ISO) » Sat May 06, 2023 5:07 pm

Post by Elpis »

Like for example, at the moment, by knowing Cephrir is towny, and having some decent confidence in Peregrine's entrance, I am tightening my view focus to have more scrutiny on Merlyn and Andante for the moment.

- Griffin Mcelroy
Elpis
Elpis
Any
Goon
Elpis
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2115 (ISO) » Sat May 06, 2023 5:10 pm

Post by Elpis »

In post 2082, Cephrir wrote: i think there's virtually no chance it's andante & elpis off these day 2 interactions eg

is kind of an interesting post in light of our current knowledge that gimli/elpis/marquis was absolutely not 3 townies and in fact was imo probably two scum

-this gimli townread seems... really really flimsy, no?
-remarkably certain about NM, but i guess they haven't seen him before
-this marquis townread (1330) also seems really flimsy. if you forgot your scumbuddy on purpose, props

atp ive concluded that andante is town and i'm just trying to find the team in the remaining places it can be
I agree that both townreads were exceptionally flimsy. I should've seen Marquis's very minor amount of posts and thought, "hmm, this could be anything" as opposed to, "ah! town!"

Gimli just seemed....fine? I did put him null town because it was somewhat tentative.

- Griffin Mcelroy
Elpis
Elpis
Any
Goon
Elpis
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2116 (ISO) » Sat May 06, 2023 5:12 pm

Post by Elpis »

In post 2107, Peregrine wrote:
Maybe I should use notes somewhere at some point but I am going to build off of this bookmark with a scrap of a thought! There is a consistent shift in Andante's reads regarding Gimli, which begins with their interactions feeling as if there's not a lot of solving from Andante's end when Gimli had a townread on her. But then she does shift to suspicion at said townread! And then to "I don't know but I wanna flip these other people before I dig in!" To... wanting to sheep him! (I have posts for these that I am not adding in to not clog the thread, but I can pull these if needed!) To a bit scummy again, and in the endgame (where I think it is most necessary to hedge your bets against a partner!) a scumread that does wavers at times but seems to be far more... rational, I suppose! Than the Ethel read was at the beginning!

Which I do not know what that says about Andante, the difference between a tunnel and a more fleshed out reasoning! I do know it is easier to scumread a partner as you know exactly what they're doing wrong, but I do not want to discredit the chance Andante could be right without additional information!
I really don't understand why the Ethel tunneling was a thing...

- Griffin Mcelroy
Elpis
Elpis
Any
Goon
Elpis
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2117 (ISO) » Sat May 06, 2023 5:16 pm

Post by Elpis »

In post 2094, Cephrir wrote:
In post 1786, Andante wrote: yeah I'm not voting out norwee today/tomorrow (whenever we lim)
finally something that makes the norwe kill make even the slightest amount of sense
Just making sure-- the takeaway here is that norwe was killed because scum was under the impression that they would not be able to get them voted out?

I don't know if that makes a lot of sense, since there was a lot of suspicion on them already, if not just from me. I likely would've planted a vote there and not moved it without some big convincing, so it just seems like an unlikely rationale.

- Griffin Mcelroy
Elpis
Elpis
Any
Goon
Elpis
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2118 (ISO) » Sat May 06, 2023 5:20 pm

Post by Elpis »

Cephy, you have ruled out me being partners with Andante, and Gimli. You obviously know we are not partners, so how valid do you see me being partners with Marquis/Peregrine? I ask because if you don't see it as valid, then we'd have shared townreads, and could probably cooperate a bit better on trying to find partners in the others.

- Griffin Mcelroy
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2119 (ISO) » Sat May 06, 2023 6:35 pm

Post by Cephrir »

In post 2110, Andante wrote: lol this feels like you set off on the mission that I was scum then tried to find whatever to prove it... I know I'll do that sometimes when I get tunneld, but bruhhh half that "case" is literally just SRing me for being me? if you're going that much at me for how I play, you might just want to go skim past games of mine
i agree with this fwiw, it felt to me like they were fitting evidence to the conclusion "the scumteam is adnante and merlyn" rather than organically generating it
In post 2114, Elpis wrote: Like for example, at the moment, by knowing Cephrir is towny, and having some decent confidence in Peregrine's entrance, I am tightening my view focus to have more scrutiny on Merlyn and Andante for the moment.
im not sure i love how quickly you two seem to have arrived on the same page!
In post 2117, Elpis wrote:
In post 1786, Andante wrote: yeah I'm not voting out norwee today/tomorrow (whenever we lim)
finally something that makes the norwe kill make even the slightest amount of sense
Just making sure-- the takeaway here is that norwe was killed because scum was under the impression that they would not be able to get them voted out?

I don't know if that makes a lot of sense, since there was a lot of suspicion on them already, if not just from me. I likely would've planted a vote there and not moved it without some big convincing, so it just seems like an unlikely rationale.
i mean there's at least some possibility something different could have happened

idk my only other possible conclusion is that both scum were paying no attention to the game whatsoever which would make them the replaced slots
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2120 (ISO) » Sat May 06, 2023 6:36 pm

Post by Cephrir »

In post 2118, Elpis wrote: Cephy, you have ruled out me being partners with Andante, and Gimli. You obviously know we are not partners, so how valid do you see me being partners with Marquis/Peregrine? I ask because if you don't see it as valid, then we'd have shared townreads, and could probably cooperate a bit better on trying to find partners in the others.
i wouldn't say i've fully ruled out you/gimli, i just found a point against it
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2121 (ISO) » Sat May 06, 2023 6:37 pm

Post by Cephrir »

mmmm marquis was still in the game last nighttttt
Bartleby the Scrivener
Elpis
Elpis
Any
Goon
Elpis
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2122 (ISO) » Sat May 06, 2023 8:58 pm

Post by Elpis »

In post 2119, Cephrir wrote:
In post 2110, Andante wrote: lol this feels like you set off on the mission that I was scum then tried to find whatever to prove it... I know I'll do that sometimes when I get tunneld, but bruhhh half that "case" is literally just SRing me for being me? if you're going that much at me for how I play, you might just want to go skim past games of mine
i agree with this fwiw, it felt to me like they were fitting evidence to the conclusion "the scumteam is adnante and merlyn" rather than organically generating it
In post 2114, Elpis wrote: Like for example, at the moment, by knowing Cephrir is towny, and having some decent confidence in Peregrine's entrance, I am tightening my view focus to have more scrutiny on Merlyn and Andante for the moment.
im not sure i love how quickly you two seem to have arrived on the same page!
In post 2117, Elpis wrote:

i mean there's at least some possibility something different could have happened

idk my only other possible conclusion is that both scum were paying no attention to the game whatsoever which would make them the replaced slots
Us arriving at the same page isn't something that should be odd. They're expressing thoughts on a game that i've been in the whole time, and they're valid thoughts. Merlyn has been scumreading me since they arrived, and since I KNOW I'm not scum, it only makes sense to consider that they're not correct and not agree with their perspective on it. Plus, I'm always gonna be on and off conflicted about Andante. She's very difficult to read

- Griffin Mcelroy
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2123 (ISO) » Sun May 07, 2023 3:39 am

Post by Andante »

In post 2116, Elpis wrote:
In post 2107, Peregrine wrote:

I really don't understand why the Ethel tunneling was a thing...
you don't understand? you were literally someone who was here in the moment yet you never wanted to ask me for clarification on that wagon? yeah I was convinced ethel was scum
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2124 (ISO) » Sun May 07, 2023 3:40 am

Post by Andante »

In post 2117, Elpis wrote: Just making sure-- the takeaway here is that norwe was killed because scum was under the impression that they would not be able to get them voted out?
Scum knew I wasn't going to vote norwee (true or not? idk, I say a lot of things in the moment) so rather than kill someone else, leave someone I was "never voting" alive, I'm guessing they killed norwee to better their chances of a town lim

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”