Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #650 (ISO) » Sun May 07, 2023 11:34 am

Post by Venmar »

Blacks sudden focus on Patch is weird considering she still hasn't provided the analysis she has promised (presumably on NK, Greeting, exchange between me and Bris, etc) and it feels like a deflection or a changing of topics.

It's also mostly baseless without one of Patch or I flipping and I feel like the interactions between me and Patch are pretty tame or unsuspicious, at least to me. I feel like Patch was combative with me last day off of memory
I swear I'm trying my best

--Expect me to be V/LA from 10am-7pm PST every Mon, Wed, Thurs, Sat, Sun due to work--
patchwork
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #651 (ISO) » Sun May 07, 2023 11:41 am

Post by patchwork »

In post 642, Black wrote: You we're on the Umlaut wagon together D1 which just so happened to be the Venmar counterwagon. You two also tried to shade me at the same time but you never voted me like Venmar did

I also find it a little weird how you didn't vote until the game was almost 500 posts long. Normally you get into it quicker it think

I feel like scum normally try to avoid this type of stuff but if it's to keep Venmar alive I can kinda see it. There's equity here
I didn't shade you at the same time as Venmar? I mean, maybe I did, I don't remember, but it was based off my own analysis of the game- you weren't giving me that town ping and your vibes felt off, so I posted a comment on how I was less confident about you. I wasn't going to vote you because it wasn't a push.

Yes, I do usually get into it quicker. However, I didn't want to cast my vote blindly (as stated in one of my posts) and I wanted to find a player that pinged me a lot. That player happened to be Umlaut, but I didn't vote him until later on.

Also I'm not quite sure why you think scum!me would literally build up the associatives with venmar. You've seen my scumgames before and you know that I am way better at distancing than whatever's going on with me and Venmar. Frankly, if my partner is the biggest wagon, I'd just hardbus at that point, because it looks bad to be off scum's wagon and increases associatives.

pedit: jesus christ i leave my computer for ten minutes and as soon as i come to post this there's a bunch of more posts
lolhammer count: 3
patchwork
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #652 (ISO) » Sun May 07, 2023 11:44 am

Post by patchwork »

In post 645, Malakittens wrote: So patch if I’m up there on the town list why are you voting me
You're actually null-town, leaning towards null - the null there is a middle point. I am voting you primarily as a pressure vote, in hopes that you won't just sit around fluffposting. I try to sort your slot before Greeting's because I'm more confident about Greeting being scum than you, and there's already a few votes on Greeting iirc. I'd rather invest my vote in another player than join a big wagon because we're not just going to lim one day into d2.
patchwork
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #653 (ISO) » Sun May 07, 2023 11:44 am

Post by patchwork »

In post 646, Black wrote: I think that's a good point mala. Normally you want to pressure a SR

And what was up with this? You voted your top SR on accident and the switched it to mala?
In post 594, patchwork wrote: VOTE: Greeting
In post 595, patchwork wrote: wait wrong person VOTE: Mala
Wdym "normally you want to pressure a sr" lol

And yeah, I was trying to vote mala but my brain was a bit scrambled
patchwork
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #654 (ISO) » Sun May 07, 2023 11:45 am

Post by patchwork »

In post 649, Venmar wrote:
In post 642, Black wrote: You we're on the Umlaut wagon together D1 which just so happened to be the Venmar counterwagon. You two also tried to shade me at the same time but you never voted me like Venmar did

I also find it a little weird how you didn't vote until the game was almost 500 posts long. Normally you get into it quicker it think

Spoiler: Venmar/Patch
In post 450, Skygazer wrote:
VC 1.15
Venmar
(5): bristep123, Umlaut, T3, Not Known 15, geraintm
Umlaut
(4): Greeting, Black, Venmar, patchwork
Not Known 15
(1): Invisibility

Not Voting
(1): Malakittens

With 11 alive, it takes 6 votes to accidentally disassemble a player. Day 1 ends in (expired on 2023-05-09 12:20:00).
In post 475, Skygazer wrote:
VC 1.16 (unchanged)
Venmar
Umlaut
(4): Greeting, Black, Venmar, patchwork
Not Known 15

Not Voting
(1): Malakittens

With 11 alive, it takes 6 votes to accidentally disassemble a player. Day 1 ends in (expired on 2023-05-09 12:20:00).
In post 504, Skygazer wrote:
VC 1.17
Venmar
Umlaut
(5): Greeting, Black, Venmar, patchwork, Malakittens
Not Known 15

Not Voting
(0):

In post 537, Skygazer wrote:
VC 1.18
Umlaut
(5): Greeting, Black, Venmar, patchwork, Malakittens
Venmar
(4): bristep123, Umlaut, T3, Not Known 15
Not Known 15
Invisibility
(1): geraintm

Not Voting
(0):

In post 550, Skygazer wrote:
VC 1.19
Umlaut
(6): Greeting, Black, Venmar, patchwork, Malakittens, Not Known 15
Venmar
(3): bristep123, Umlaut, T3
Not Known 15
Invisibility
(1): geraintm

Not Voting
(0):

Mod notes: brb killing Umlaut
In post 601, Skygazer wrote:
VC 2.03
Not Known 15
(2): Invisibility, Greeting
Malakittens
(2): Venmar, patchwork
Venmar
(1): Not Known 15
Greeting
(1): bristep123

Not Voting
(3): Malakittens, geraintm, Black

With 9 alive, it takes 5 votes to put a player on the blocking chop. Day 2 ends in (expired on 2023-05-16 09:40:00).
In post 625, Skygazer wrote:
VC 2.04
Malakittens
Greeting
(2): bristep123, Invisibility
Not Known 15
(1): Greeting
Venmar
(1): Not Known 15

Not Voting
(3): Malakittens, geraintm, Black

With 9 alive, it takes 5 votes to put a player on the blocking chop. Day 2 ends in (expired on 2023-05-16 09:40:00).

I feel like scum normally try to avoid this type of stuff but if it's to keep Venmar alive I can kinda see it. There's equity here

Hi there, seeing as how I know I am town, if one of me or Patch is scum its Patch. I apologize for the confusion, I hope this helps clear it up.
If one of us is scum it's probably you actually because I, sadly, received a green PM
patchwork
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #655 (ISO) » Sun May 07, 2023 11:45 am

Post by patchwork »

In post 650, Venmar wrote: It's also mostly baseless without one of Patch or I flipping and I feel like the interactions between me and Patch are pretty tame or unsuspicious, at least to me. I feel like Patch was combative with me last day off of memory
I didn't tunnel Black like you were and you tried to bite my hand off for it
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #656 (ISO) » Sun May 07, 2023 11:51 am

Post by Black »

In post 650, Venmar wrote: Blacks sudden focus on Patch is weird considering she still hasn't provided the analysis she has promised (presumably on NK, Greeting, exchange between me and Bris, etc) and it feels like a deflection or a changing of topics.
First of all I don't think this can even be considered "focusing" on patch. I'm just commenting on stuff while I'm here. Second, the "analysis" I promised comes tomorrow when I have time to sit in front of a computer
In post 650, Venmar wrote: It's also mostly baseless without one of Patch or I flipping and I feel like the interactions between me and Patch are pretty tame or unsuspicious, at least to me. I feel like Patch was combative with me last day off of memory
Where was patch combative with you? Also I don't really think it's baseless. It's not the strongest association but there's equity there

What are your thoughts on patches?
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #657 (ISO) » Sun May 07, 2023 11:52 am

Post by Black »

In post 653, patchwork wrote: Wdym "normally you want to pressure a sr" lol

I just think I pressure scumreads more than I do townreads, but your touches on this and I think it makes sense
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
patchwork
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #658 (ISO) » Sun May 07, 2023 11:55 am

Post by patchwork »

In post 657, Black wrote:
I just think I pressure scumreads more than I do townreads, but your touches on this and I think it makes sense
Aight chill
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #659 (ISO) » Sun May 07, 2023 12:04 pm

Post by Black »

In post 658, patchwork wrote:
Aight chill
?
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #660 (ISO) » Sun May 07, 2023 3:04 pm

Post by Venmar »

In post 656, Black wrote:What are your thoughts on patches?

See below
In post 618, Venmar wrote: I kind of townread Patchwork for the way they've decided to agree with me on Mala, just gives me townie vibes

--Expect me to be V/LA from 10am-7pm PST every Mon, Wed, Thurs, Sat, Sun due to work--
Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #661 (ISO) » Sun May 07, 2023 3:14 pm

Post by Venmar »

In post 656, Black wrote:Where was patch combative with you?

Idk, was going off of memory but Patch was mostly disagreeing with me last day. I'd say off of vibes, I don't think Patch and I were really on the same page, though I did manage to convince them a bit to look at your posts a bit more critically. Tbh while I was collecting the below posts, maybe it's a bit off in how Patch has developed their reads at times, but it's not enough to overwrite my current read of them.

I'd say these posts are examples of what I mean:

Spoiler: Posts
In post 395, patchwork wrote: maybe this is a hot take but ill share it anyways
i feel like while i mindmeld with a lot of black's ISO, it is a little bare-boned
i also feel like venmar is just OMGUSing and i have no idea if it comes from town or scum
In post 434, patchwork wrote: also like wdym by "what happened to 332"??? i can agree with black without thinking she's locktown :skull:
In post 305, patchwork wrote:
In post 287, Venmar wrote:
In post 270, patchwork wrote: venmar, why do you dislike black's post? i thought it was a good catchup and it provided some fresh takes
like are you gonna engage with it or what? are you just saying you're more sure about black cause you wanna OMGUS?
i'm not opposed to a venmar wagon, but there's a lot of people on him right now. i'd rather use my vote somewhere else.

speaking of votes... can someone explain why they're voting umlaut? they've just kind of been unremarkable this game

Wait so Black scumreading cause im reading this game off of mainly vibes and gut but then you doing this:

In post 282, patchwork wrote:
In post 280, Invisibility wrote:
In post 277, patchwork wrote: bri (bad vibes to me)
wait have you explained this or does it start and end with vibes
starts and ends with vibes

Is supposed to make sense?

BIG THINKING EMOJI
Also can you answer my fucking question instead of deflecting.
In post 320, patchwork wrote:
In post 315, Venmar wrote: Black's #256 bothered me because a chunk of the wall is irrelevant comments ("Hi patch", "Cant believe we won death note", etc), a lot of it is just empty commentary to me ("not following these reads by Umlaut", "this feels a little fence-sitty from bris", etc) that feels like Black trying to find a reason to be productive and useful as !scum, like trying to fill a quota, rather than being a townie trying to focus on something and scumhunting, and a lot of the reads are just pretty non-committal and fencesitty in of themselves (see the comments to 153, 233, 120, etc) despite her criticizing others for the same.

Her reasons for voting me are then also pretty poor since idk how she spends much of the post throwing shade at other players, some more than me like Umlaut, and then decided to single me out because I accidentally wrote down Greeting twice in my reads post and because I jokingly told people to sheep me with no context on Umlaut. Former reason is just bogus and the latter feels like manufactured outrage. It definitely feels like Black is really reaching and making a mountain out of a molehill by focusing on stuff like that and taking advantage of the fact that I've decided to play passive and have provided no context for me vibe reads which is a really easy playstyle to just blindly attack as scum with not much effort.

Her doubling down after I simply said I had more bad vibes from her is also not great imo, saying I am playing "the typical scum hanging out in the background role" just kind of genuinely means nothing imo and is something that only feels true to the person saying it, there's not much in what I've done that is different from other low-effort posters in the game so this comment is just confirmation bias.
wouldn’t you say confirmation bias is more likely to come from town than scum?

...also if black is scum i’m gonna be honest i don’t think she’s this bad at it and also i find you’re claiming black did stuff she didn’t actually do? maybe i’m mistaken, it’s pretty late where i am, but i thought her catch-up post wasn’t that bad

Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #662 (ISO) » Sun May 07, 2023 3:15 pm

Post by Venmar »

In post 655, patchwork wrote:
I didn't tunnel Black like you were and you tried to bite my hand off for it

I just wanted you to see the light.

Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him; they/them

Post Post #663 (ISO) » Sun May 07, 2023 4:23 pm

Post by Greeting »

In post 586, Venmar wrote: Why is NK your vote? Do you think a scum like bristep parked on me while the Umlaut wagon was all town until NK came in with a scummy hammer?
I am not getting any town vibes from
Not Known 15
and I would be fine with him being eliminated today. He was in my original limpool and still is there.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #664 (ISO) » Sun May 07, 2023 4:24 pm

Post by Greeting »

In post 598, patchwork wrote: also it's a little suprising that more people don't scumread me
like where did limbait patch go
am i just good this game????
I've already played with you and based on that meta you're not acting any differently.
patchwork
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #665 (ISO) » Sun May 07, 2023 4:26 pm

Post by patchwork »

In post 659, Black wrote:
In post 658, patchwork wrote:
Aight chill
?
we're chilling right
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest
Pronoun: any

Post Post #666 (ISO) » Sun May 07, 2023 4:27 pm

Post by Skygazer »

VC 2.05
Malakittens
Greeting
Venmar
(2): Not Known 15, Malakittens
Not Known 15

Not Voting
(2): geraintm, Black

mod notes: spooky post number
Last edited by Skygazer on Wed May 17, 2023 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #667 (ISO) » Sun May 07, 2023 4:29 pm

Post by Greeting »

In post 609, patchwork wrote:
In post 604, Invisibility wrote: what about the NK makes you suspect Greeting? Also do you mean that the NK makes you suspect Mala also
echoign venmar's night kill analysis: i think the t3 kill was done to either silence him (his top scumreads were greeting and mala) or to frame his scumreads (greeting and mala). at the moment i think it could be either, but i think the former is more likely. mostly because other players like bri also had scumreads on, say, greeting (correct me if i'm wrong, memory is fuzzy) and they weren't the subject of the nk.
man idk how to explain this
but it's like
t3 only
everyone else who scumread them wasn't (e.g me with my null-scum read on mala that hasn't gotten better, all the other ppl who scumread greeting)
and i think iut's because t3 wasn't really that voted on? like they were towny in my eyes and they were the only one who couldn't be eliminated by a hang in my eyes i jus tdon't think it wouldn't go through
Why would I kill someone who was in my limpool and, on top of that, suspected me the most out of all players?
In post 447, Greeting wrote: Hot take, the entire scum team is in this pool of players: {
Umlaut
T3
Not Known 15
and
bristep123
}.

The rest all give varying degrees of town vibes.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #668 (ISO) » Sun May 07, 2023 4:38 pm

Post by Greeting »

In post 666, Skygazer wrote:
VC 2.05
Malakittens
Greeting
Venmar
(2): Not Known 15, Malakittens
Not Known 15

Not Voting
(2): geraintm, Black

mod notes: spooky post number
Not really keen on any of the top wagons, so I will be keeping my vote where it is for now.

I'm not exactly sure why the wagon disappeared in the first place. I've been asked why did I put
Not Known 15
on E-1, but maybe the question should be reversed. Why shouldn't
N K 15
be eliminated today?

My townleans of
Black
and
Malakittens
were probably premature. But I still think that
Venmar
patchwork
and
Invisibility
are all town.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #669 (ISO) » Sun May 07, 2023 4:40 pm

Post by Greeting »

In post 589, Black wrote: UNVOTE:

We're not limming before I analyze this
So, have you analysed it yet?
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #670 (ISO) » Sun May 07, 2023 5:11 pm

Post by Black »

In post 669, Greeting wrote:
In post 589, Black wrote: UNVOTE:

We're not limming before I analyze this
So, have you analysed it yet?
I don't usually analyze on weekends. What's the rush?
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #671 (ISO) » Sun May 07, 2023 5:12 pm

Post by Black »

In post 668, Greeting wrote: My townleans of Black and Malakittens were probably premature
You should expand on this
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #672 (ISO) » Sun May 07, 2023 5:46 pm

Post by Venmar »

In post 668, Greeting wrote:I'm not exactly sure why the wagon disappeared in the first place. I've been asked why did I put
Not Known 15
on E-1, but maybe the question should be reversed. Why shouldn't
N K 15
be eliminated today?

NK's wagon probably disappeared cause I decided to pressure Mala instead and analyze T3's death, which kind of lead to a bunch of people doing the same which is why I think the votes are now mostly spread out evenly between you, Mala and I.

I do think NK15 deserves to be pressured for that hammer and for generally being cryptically lurky. Wouldn't be opposed to returning to that potentially.

Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #673 (ISO) » Sun May 07, 2023 5:50 pm

Post by Venmar »

Town to Lean Town
Invisibility
Patchwork
Bristep

Null
Gera/Greeting

Lean Scum to Scum
NK15
Black/Malakitten

Kind of where I'm at atm, in this order of roughly towniest to scummiest

geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #674 (ISO) » Sun May 07, 2023 10:03 pm

Post by geraintm »

I had a look at not known's posts.

Boy, their day 1 votes are bad.
And I just cannot see them as scum because they are that bad.

But their day 2....not much better.

I don't want to vote them though.

I realise the above makes no sense

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”