Micro 1079 - dividing connor (game over)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
usesPython
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Sun May 14, 2023 2:15 pm

Post by usesPython »

In post 424, Flavor Leaf wrote: And you are also just clearly targeting me because I went after you
If you tilt your head enough I can see how you can call it that. In my experience when the playerlist is divided between two mutually exclusive worldviews like we are right now (yessiree scum python town vs yessiree town python scum) scum tend to coincidentally be "wrong". Out of the Cakez/Dan/Flavor trio of wrongthink the scumminess would be Flavor > Dan >>> Cakez

-A
Plural
yessiree
yessiree
he
Mafia Scum
yessiree
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Sun May 14, 2023 2:40 pm

Post by yessiree »

Prodge, was busy over the weekend

Gonna catch up at work soon!
yessiree
yessiree
he
Mafia Scum
yessiree
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Sun May 14, 2023 3:14 pm

Post by yessiree »

In post 251, SirCakez wrote: yes vs Dan feels TvT I see where both are coming from it's just a logical clash
do you think actiondan was having trouble getting into the game and just piggybacked off ur post because he had more experience playing with you?
yessiree
yessiree
he
Mafia Scum
yessiree
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Sun May 14, 2023 3:22 pm

Post by yessiree »

In post 252, Invisibility wrote: I can understand using this argument in some contexts if you think AD is being evasive, but I don't think this makes very much sense right now. Yeah, AD's argument isn't concrete, but like, we're so early in the game. What can ya do? I don't think it's AI.
i think it can be AI, i knew it's early and he wasn't fully settled in the game thats why i gave him something to lean on so we can pick his brain, but i got an wasn't what i expected

i wasn't expecting anything grand either, just something thats explicit about how he made the sircakez read, not this mindmeld stuff
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Sun May 14, 2023 3:44 pm

Post by Merlyn »

In post 423, Flavor Leaf wrote: And you’re also acting like me pushing you means I’m scum, and you’re ignoring the possibility of town me pushing town you, something I am not opposed to being a thing possibly happening.

Do I think it’s happening? No, not right now. Just because I don’t think it’s happening, doesn’t mean I’m right there anyways.

I’m at least looking and open to all possibilities.

I’m just out here saying the thoughts that come to my head in correlation to everything that’s happening.
I'm going to say that TvT is exactly what I think is happening. Scum!FL would have been better served by just letting little hood do all the talking in this game, their posts have really woken up a lot of big hood.
yessiree
yessiree
he
Mafia Scum
yessiree
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Sun May 14, 2023 4:05 pm

Post by yessiree »

In post 283, Flavor Leaf wrote: I’m not 100% yessiree is town like I was a little while ago, but still feels most likely for more reasons, such as they’re the 3rd wheel in the neighborhood. The other two are driving it forward.
i AM the 3rd wheel tho, it really feels like python and invisibility claimed small hood their home and im just a bum sleeping on the couch :lol:

but from small hood vibes, invis isn't doing much driving in the small hood, it's mostly just invis and i following python's lead
yessiree
yessiree
he
Mafia Scum
yessiree
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Sun May 14, 2023 4:14 pm

Post by yessiree »

In post 284, Flavor Leaf wrote: I think STD wanting big hood to post more is townie for the same reason I think Cakez finding all 3 small hood scummie is town.

ActionDan is a hard one to truly town read here, but I get why he was town reading Cakez.
i think i tend to agree with the reads here

the thoughts flowing from cakez mostly feel authentic, i think scum!cakez would be more selective and filtered in what he posts, and i dont think cakez would hold the position "all 3 small hood are scummy" as scum, especially given the timing of it, when most big hood players are not doing much, having that position would be stick out like a sore thumb but he did it anyway

this is also why actiondan's reasoning for townreading cakez struck me as very odd
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum

Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum

Mafia Scum

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Sun May 14, 2023 5:34 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 431, yessiree wrote: the thoughts flowing from cakez mostly feel authentic, i think scum!cakez would be more selective and filtered in what he posts, and i dont think cakez would hold the position "all 3 small hood are scummy" as scum, especially given the timing of it, when most big hood players are not doing much, having that position would be stick out like a sore thumb but he did it anyway

I really don't get how "all these players are scummy" is a hard thing to say or sticks out?
"Yeah after a point it felt like Aureal was the only one talking sense despite being a goose so I just followed."
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum

Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum

Mafia Scum

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Sun May 14, 2023 5:38 pm

Post by Aureal »

I'm trying to do some re-reading so excuse me if I bring up some old stuff here.
In post 38, yessiree wrote:
In post 30, Aureal wrote:
In post 20, usesPython wrote: The vibe I'm getting from the hoods was that small hood was planned and then big hood was made from whatever else was left. I don't think Aureal is big hood scum because in that case why not just go all in with a yessiree/Python/Aureal hood?

-A

I would never set up the three of us in small hood here. Because that would mean the imminent demise of Team Sno-Cone. And that would be sad. :(

Ugh, I have to actually solve you again. VOTE: usesPython
Are you trying to play against ur scum meta by not being conservative with ur vote? :wink:
I kinda glazed over this before because I didn't understand what you're getting at here. What
are
you trying to get at here? I don't think I have a lot about me that is meta-readable, let alone scum meta.
"Yeah after a point it felt like Aureal was the only one talking sense despite being a goose so I just followed."
-furtiveglance
ActionDan
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades

ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Sun May 14, 2023 5:48 pm

Post by ActionDan »

In post 431, yessiree wrote:
In post 284, Flavor Leaf wrote: I think STD wanting big hood to post more is townie for the same reason I think Cakez finding all 3 small hood scummie is town.

ActionDan is a hard one to truly town read here, but I get why he was town reading Cakez.
i think i tend to agree with the reads here

the thoughts flowing from cakez mostly feel authentic, i think scum!cakez would be more selective and filtered in what he posts, and i dont think cakez would hold the position "all 3 small hood are scummy" as scum, especially given the timing of it, when most big hood players are not doing much, having that position would be stick out like a sore thumb but he did it anyway

this is also why actiondan's reasoning for townreading cakez struck me as very odd
This is basically a proddogde since I spent the weekend binging jellowjackets (good show) but I would like to point out that thinking what cakez said being true is a better reason to townread him than what's presented here.
I'll give you a moment to let that sink in
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum

Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum

Mafia Scum

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Sun May 14, 2023 6:12 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 155, usesPython wrote:
In post 153, SirCakez wrote:
In post 128, usesPython wrote: UNVOTE: yessiree
VOTE: Invisibility

Hood related stuff
Just tell us what you mean don't say hood stuff this is pointless in a tiny game like this
We were being vague because the plan was to have all three of us co-ordinate to wagon people for reactions and I wasn't sure if that was still on when I made that post. Reason why Invis was scummy there was because after we all agreed to do it (Posts after happened after the initial suggestion) yessiree and I agreed on a Dan wagon ( was the first post after that) and then Invis started posting in the main thread without commenting in the hood with a :+1: or :-1: on the wagon target and that just made it look like they were waiting for their partner to come online before they gave the go ahead

-A

Okay... so if I'm following this correctly, in the hood you and yes were going to wagon Dan and waited for Invis to check in. And then Invis voted Merlyn without commenting on that. So you two decided that plan had fallen through, gave hints in the game that something was going on, then decided to vote Merlyn with Invis as well (bringing her to an unannounced e-1 for an hour)? What sort of reactions could you possibly expect to get at that point?
-furtiveglance
yessiree
yessiree
he
Mafia Scum
yessiree
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Sun May 14, 2023 6:15 pm

Post by yessiree »

In post 432, Aureal wrote:
In post 431, yessiree wrote: the thoughts flowing from cakez mostly feel authentic, i think scum!cakez would be more selective and filtered in what he posts, and i dont think cakez would hold the position "all 3 small hood are scummy" as scum, especially given the timing of it, when most big hood players are not doing much, having that position would be stick out like a sore thumb but he did it anyway

I really don't get how "all these players are scummy" is a hard thing to say or sticks out?
it's inherently a scummy thing to say, especially since the thread was predominantly small hood posting, so it's deliberately taking a neutral position and not changing the dynamics of the small hood conflict

but i think yall are focusing too much on what was said and are not considering what
could
have been said by scum!cakez that would put him in a better position
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum

Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum

Mafia Scum

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Sun May 14, 2023 6:19 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 188, usesPython wrote:
In post 185, yessiree wrote: python, I can't tell if you're pretending or you are genuinely unable to tell that one is clearly a joke and the one is serious?

I doubt you lack the ability to read the tone there
You expect me to believe town!yessiree put Merlyn at E-1 unannounced for over an hour as a joke?

-A

Well. You expect me to believe scum yessiree points out to you that Merlyn is now E-1, if he's truly doing it hoping for a lolhammer?
-furtiveglance
yessiree
yessiree
he
Mafia Scum
yessiree
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Sun May 14, 2023 6:21 pm

Post by yessiree »

In post 351, Invisibility wrote:
In post 325, Save The Dragons wrote: i think scum in the small hood is taking the lead

i don't know who it is though. need to re-read or iso dive and that might not happen today
wouldn't that mean you think Yess is scum lol
how is Invis aware enough to notice the hood order is not random but fumble so hard on simple logic :lol:
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum

Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum

Mafia Scum

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Sun May 14, 2023 6:24 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 196, yessiree wrote:
In post 194, Invisibility wrote:
In post 186, yessiree wrote:
In post 145, Invisibility wrote:
In post 144, Invisibility wrote:
In post 134, yessiree wrote: especially when they just said they weren't gonna be serious posting right before making that vote
well I was gonna reread later and then I just felt like rereading then instead
what's weird about posting seriousness before I said I would like I would get it if I promised something and never delivered but like you got an advance of the Vizzy brainsmarts. That's like a better deal right
Two sides of the same coin really, so there's not much relevance of one side being better or worse than the other
not going up on promises is scummy though cuz you're actively avoiding playing like if you can't actually drum up a response in the timeframe. I fail to see how this is true for being early lol I think that's NAI
B being worse than C doesn't make C not bad, partner :lol: I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree

Is this seriously yes trying to shade Invis because Invis said she was going to re-read later, then did it promptly? Because that's what I'm getting out of it, and it's pretty ridiculous.
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum

Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum

Mafia Scum

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Sun May 14, 2023 6:29 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 208, Invisibility wrote:
In post 207, ActionDan wrote:
In post 205, Invisibility wrote: wait wait so are you saying it's unlikely Cakez faked posts to mindmeld with you?
It would be rather difficult unless he was psychic. But yes that is my premise.
lol what

Not sure why this is confusing to Invis. I know people go off and have more conversation about this later and it baffles me because it seems pretty obvious that someone cannot copy the thoughts of another person before the other person tells them what those thoughts are. This is a reasonably common way to townread people I think, and one that I use myself at times (sometimes even intentionally holding back thoughts to see if others think the same way).
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum

Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum

Mafia Scum

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Sun May 14, 2023 6:35 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 230, yessiree wrote: i think it boils down to 3 points

one is that "it's a solution looking for a problem" - it feels like you decided sircakez is town first and then found something by which to townread him rather than the other way around, so it doesn't feel like you arrived at the conclusion organically

two is you're not giving anything concrete to the rest of the players to discern the validity of it, you're just saying sircakez is mirroring your thoughts that can't be faked so he's town

three is you're doing it in a way that's making it more about spewing urself town rather than focusing on the read itself

I don't agree with any of this but the second point, but I don't see it as a problem and certainly not scummy like apparently yes does? It's just a townread that isn't going to be very convincing to other people.
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum

Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum

Mafia Scum

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Sun May 14, 2023 6:37 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 235, Invisibility wrote: VOTE: ActionDan

yeah this is the scummiest player right now for that terrible read

And Invis comes in to vote based off this nonsense? What even is this.
-furtiveglance
yessiree
yessiree
he
Mafia Scum
yessiree
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Sun May 14, 2023 6:38 pm

Post by yessiree »

In post 371, usesPython wrote:
In post 370, Invisibility wrote: VOTE: Python

I would like to pressure for reasons I think are correct. I held off on this vote cuz Python was acting like besties with me (including (jokingly?) suggesting we quickhammer Yess) and I wanted to sniff out if pocketing was happening but that's not going to happen anymore.
I wasn't joking about quickhammering yessiree

-A
right after this post in the small hood you also joked about coordinating a quickhammer on your own slot, are you also gonna tell me what wasn't a joke too? :roll:
In post 380, usesPython wrote:
In post 378, Flavor Leaf wrote:
In post 210, SirCakez wrote: i feel tonally that python is still the scummiest one from the small hood
when I read most invis and yessirree posts I feel like I can see the town thought process and I don't see that in python's posts
nevermind. 2 posts.

but nonetheless, you're acting like they wear leading a giant rebellion on you
Cakez, Dan, you, Invisibility, and probably yessiree all have me at the bottom of their reads lists, you tell me

-A
i dont but i'm inclined to now, im thinking flavor leaf is probably right that the perception of threats of on ur own slot is just you projecting ur own pushes on others

you're seeing the boogeyman here fam, ISO me cause i never had you at the bottom of my read list or pushed ur slot at all. i've always maintained invis is more likely scum than you in both here and in small hood

i didn't think scum!python would flipflop this much or get swayed by peripherals as easily as they did this game, i think they're the player who would be more likely to take the bull by its horn and be more stubborn on everything, but given the fact that they know I know exactly how they play as scum after i replaced in their scum slot last game, could be trying to take advantage of it
yessiree
yessiree
he
Mafia Scum
yessiree
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Sun May 14, 2023 6:39 pm

Post by yessiree »

In post 441, Aureal wrote:
In post 230, yessiree wrote: i think it boils down to 3 points

one is that "it's a solution looking for a problem" - it feels like you decided sircakez is town first and then found something by which to townread him rather than the other way around, so it doesn't feel like you arrived at the conclusion organically

two is you're not giving anything concrete to the rest of the players to discern the validity of it, you're just saying sircakez is mirroring your thoughts that can't be faked so he's town

three is you're doing it in a way that's making it more about spewing urself town rather than focusing on the read itself

I don't agree with any of this but the second point, but I don't see it as a problem and certainly not scummy like apparently yes does? It's just a townread that isn't going to be very convincing to other people.
i disagree with ur disagreement
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum

Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum

Mafia Scum

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Sun May 14, 2023 6:43 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 252, Invisibility wrote:
In post 250, Flavor Leaf wrote: why is AD's read terrible?
it's so weak cuz the read is based off the idea that Cakez would be difficult to fake a mindmeld with AD, which is true, but since AD didn't share these ideas beforehand that the only way Cakez would be able to fake this would be if he could read minds. Maybe terrible is too strong a word, but it's very very weird to me that he would even mention the unlikelihood of Cakez faking mindmeldable stuff as a townread reason cuz it's so beyond the realm of possibility that it's not even worth mentioning. Is the read otherwise much different than a regular mindmeld read? Not really! But the weird logic used makes me suspicious.
WTF is this paragraph? Invis and yes were the ones who were having the issue with understanding that Cakez would have to be psychic to post what Dan was thinking but hadn't said. There's no weird logic in it at all.
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum

Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum

Mafia Scum

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Sun May 14, 2023 7:02 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 253, Flavor Leaf wrote: Merlyn vote on Yessiree is a momentum shifting vote. Wanting to note it because it clashes with where I was here, but it was their entrance really, so not overly scummy, but worth noting.
Momentum shifting? I have a hard time feeling like anything that early can really have momentum.
Both Invisibility and Python are subtly controlling this game. On the surface, it looks like Invisibility, but I can see it being Python just letting it flow, but their change onto Yess was an action that I didn't like at all. If the sole purpose for not scum reading Yess was because they put them into the neighborhood, yet they acted like the neighborhood was 'random choosing', that's just a poor reason because it's not 'random' It's the order of the sign-ups, which has a reason. And even if so, scum actively had to choose to do so still, and didn't have to commit to it.
Ah yes, this is where my brain broke earlier. The idea of Python "subtly" controlling the game. I don't think Python really does
subtle
Python's Zero% Lim is rough because they brought it up themselves, like that's a built in defense for why they wouldnt put themselves in small hood, which is why theyd put themselves in small hood. But it's not the best defense either way, and don't think it helps, just kind of rough they said it. Like a little extra sprinkle for presentation. Do they even care about it in the long run or is it just something they think is currently cool? Idk.
Thinking something is currently cool is definitely something people can do. I recently considered replacing into a game in elo and read a little bit of it, came up with two theories on who the scum team was, and eventually didn't pull the trigger on joining the game partly because I was worried it was a doomed scum slot and I didn't want to mess up my incredible Mafia win rate on a game I barely even was in. :P

Absolutely think the STD hops are gross. People targeted him because he thought we should target in big hood, which is like, eh, don't necessarily agree, but I think it's fair for people to be sick of small hood stuff and find a reason to move away from it.
What is this garbage take, lol. I think it's incredibly obvious that Dragons got some pushback because he said "let's pay attention to big hood, uh no I don't have any attention of my own to give big hood but I'll tell other people to do it" which is pretty silly.
GOing after STD the way people did for that is just reinforcing any thought outside of small hood is negative.
Nope, still makes negative sense. I had already pivoted to big hood with a Cakez vote even before poking at Dragons. Why are you trying to paint the exact opposite picture of what actually was happening?
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum

Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum

Mafia Scum

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Sun May 14, 2023 7:04 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 255, Flavor Leaf wrote:
In post 252, Invisibility wrote: it's so weak cuz the read is based off the idea that Cakez would be difficult to fake a mindmeld with AD, which is true, but since AD didn't share these ideas beforehand that the only way Cakez would be able to fake this would be if he could read minds. Maybe terrible is too strong a word, but it's very very weird to me that he would even mention the unlikelihood of Cakez faking mindmeldable stuff as a townread reason cuz it's so beyond the realm of possibility that it's not even worth mentioning. Is the read otherwise much different than a regular mindmeld read? Not really! But the weird logic used makes me suspicious.
I like this reasoning for why you don't like the read.
Negative sense continues to be made by Flavor Leaf. Are you partners with Invis?
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum

Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum

Mafia Scum

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Sun May 14, 2023 7:14 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 271, usesPython wrote:
In post 262, Flavor Leaf wrote: Why does that first part matter? Our reads being different has nothing to do with my reads on Cakez/Dan. Those are completely separate.
Yeah except even if I flipped a coin I'd still be 50% correct on scum which means I get to do fun pre-flip associatives and I don't like Cakez makes a bunch of reads that I disagree with without any real reasoning or examples of why he thinks stuff like or

-A

You think it's scummy to give reads without giving reasoning? There's an awful lot of scum running around out there on this site, then. :o
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum

Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum

Mafia Scum

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Sun May 14, 2023 7:21 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 284, Flavor Leaf wrote: ActionDan is a hard one to truly town read here, but I get why he was town reading Cakez.
The mind boggles. Dan's on the top of my big hood pile.
But Aureal was skirting around. I need to look back at them more.

@Python - you talked about Aureal a little bit before, do you scum read them?

What the hell game are you reading? "Skirting around"? What does that even mean? It sounds like you're trying to say I'm not doing anything, but I think I've been one of if not the most active big hood player. Even having dropped off somewhat for a few days because I've been hella busy and couldn't focus on this.
-furtiveglance

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”