Micro 1079 - dividing connor (game over)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum

Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum

Mafia Scum

Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #450 (ISO) » Sun May 14, 2023 7:23 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 285, usesPython wrote: Aureal's like 2nd or 3rd in the big hood scumminess, like yeah not sorting yessiree is scummy but there's been so much scumminess coming from the big hood that it kinda doesn't even make a dent

-A
What "scumminess" coming from big hood are you talking about? I've mostly been seeing nothingness.
"Yeah after a point it felt like Aureal was the only one talking sense despite being a goose so I just followed."
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum

Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum

Mafia Scum

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Sun May 14, 2023 7:24 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 294, Flavor Leaf wrote: Not gonna lie, the only reason I don’t full send Python here is because I know Invisibility’s a sly one.

But everything Python says is cap

Nobody has translated this for me yet. :(
"Yeah after a point it felt like Aureal was the only one talking sense despite being a goose so I just followed."
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum

Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum

Mafia Scum

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Sun May 14, 2023 7:28 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 310, Invisibility wrote:
In post 309, ActionDan wrote:
In post 307, Invisibility wrote: you never responded to my semantics Dan :(
Last I checked you were voting me for typing one sentence too many
I'm voting you for typing one sentence that was weird and smacked of bad logic that'd arise from an unnatural thought process!

I've already lost this plot thread. What the heck is this about?
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum

Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum

Mafia Scum

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Sun May 14, 2023 7:32 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 314, usesPython wrote: Basically, even though it's not a theoretically perfect hood for a given scum pair it's generically good enough that big hood scum has a good shot at deepwolfing regardless of who they are; the only info hood composition gives is that scum are ok with slightly suboptimal hood compositions to reduce the amount of info town has.
In Aureal/Merlyn/BurgerParty worlds none of them need to worry about getting meta'd, especially if we'd decided to focus exclusively on small hood to also break the Aureal/Python, Aureal/yessiree, and Merlyn/Python meta possibilities outing them.
In STD/Cakes/Dan worlds bringing in anyone that could meta them together in the same hood means they can leverage those connections to pocket each other while also taking advantage of scum needing to shoot in big hood anyways if small hood gets limmed to kill anyone problematic
I'm sorry, did you just start off by saying that players who have meta from a previous game on each other are more likely to get found out as scum, and then conclude that players who have previous game meta on each other can use it to pocket each other? In other words, go from "meta bad for scum" to "meta good for scum"?
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum

Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum

Mafia Scum

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Sun May 14, 2023 7:35 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 323, Flavor Leaf wrote: I have the same read as AD on Cakez, by the way. I mindmelded.

That’s why I think the AD/Cakez/FL Triangle is all town.
Well isn't that convenient for you? :lol:
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum

Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum

Mafia Scum

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Sun May 14, 2023 7:38 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 328, Flavor Leaf wrote:
In post 325, Save The Dragons wrote: i think scum in the small hood is taking the lead

i don't know who it is though. need to re-read or iso dive and that might not happen today

If this is what you’re thinking, why are you falling for the ActionDan trap. That’s who the leading small hood scum players are angling for.

I get why you can see ActionDan as scummy for it, but I just don’t see any actual scum motivation for them to do it besides SirCakez pocket.

But that’s all they were doing, and it’s almost like purposefully being mysterious, which I think is townie and almost a bait like trap on ActionDan’s part to be able to directly feel the gamestate moving at him.

I think it's utterly insane how we have reached this level of 5D-Chess playing apparently all because a guy said "hey this person is town because they're thinking the same way as me."
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum

Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum

Mafia Scum

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Sun May 14, 2023 7:50 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 360, Invisibility wrote:
In post 352, usesPython wrote: I don't think the hoods were chosen for the small hood composition, so the TR based on small hood composition doesn't apply
but scum obviously found the small hood composition acceptable even if that wasn't their main intention. Would letting you and him be in the same hood not, like, still suck for scum!Yess?

Why is Invis still trying to get Python to go for yessiree based on this ancient reasoning?
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum

Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum

Mafia Scum

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Sun May 14, 2023 8:00 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 405, Flavor Leaf wrote: I forgot STD in the big hood thing, but they’re in a similar situation as AD for me, while they could be scum, but I have some reasonings to believe they’re town, so it made sense to pressure Aureal slot to see and feel if I was off on my reads or not.

You forgot, huh. What exactly are these "some reasonings to believe they're town" then?
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum

Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum

Mafia Scum

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Sun May 14, 2023 8:01 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 414, usesPython wrote:
In post 407, SirCakez wrote: I disagree; lurking and staying out of spotlight is a good way to get to endgame
esp if the small hood keeps us distracted
That's the thing though, we
were
focusing on the big hood to sort it. I think scum was directly responsible for dragging us back to the small hood because the small hood scum is in a good enough position to mislim both small hood town, which lets big hood scum focus on setting up for their own endgame. That's the kind of thing that can't be done while lurking, it needs active effort to prevent big hood players like Merlyn and STD from getting people to sort big hood

-A

Merlyn and STD seem like incredibly random choices to namedrop here???
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum

Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum

Mafia Scum

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Sun May 14, 2023 8:08 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 436, yessiree wrote:
In post 432, Aureal wrote:
In post 431, yessiree wrote: the thoughts flowing from cakez mostly feel authentic, i think scum!cakez would be more selective and filtered in what he posts, and i dont think cakez would hold the position "all 3 small hood are scummy" as scum, especially given the timing of it, when most big hood players are not doing much, having that position would be stick out like a sore thumb but he did it anyway

I really don't get how "all these players are scummy" is a hard thing to say or sticks out?
it's inherently a scummy thing to say, especially since the thread was predominantly small hood posting, so it's deliberately taking a neutral position and not changing the dynamics of the small hood conflict

but i think yall are focusing too much on what was said and are not considering what
could
have been said by scum!cakez that would put him in a better position
Why does a scum Cakez need to do something to try to gain a better position?
-furtiveglance
yessiree
yessiree
he
Mafia Scum
yessiree
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Sun May 14, 2023 8:55 pm

Post by yessiree »

In post 459, Aureal wrote:
In post 436, yessiree wrote:
In post 432, Aureal wrote:
In post 431, yessiree wrote: the thoughts flowing from cakez mostly feel authentic, i think scum!cakez would be more selective and filtered in what he posts, and i dont think cakez would hold the position "all 3 small hood are scummy" as scum, especially given the timing of it, when most big hood players are not doing much, having that position would be stick out like a sore thumb but he did it anyway

I really don't get how "all these players are scummy" is a hard thing to say or sticks out?
it's inherently a scummy thing to say, especially since the thread was predominantly small hood posting, so it's deliberately taking a neutral position and not changing the dynamics of the small hood conflict

but i think yall are focusing too much on what was said and are not considering what
could
have been said by scum!cakez that would put him in a better position
Why does a scum Cakez need to do something to try to gain a better position?
why wouldn't scum do something to be in the best position possible? especially when it was freelo
what kinda question is this?
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Sun May 14, 2023 9:25 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

Lol, Aureal is Hatcheting me hardcore
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Sun May 14, 2023 9:27 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

The way Aureal is playing is protecting Python. They're chop chop chopping at me.
usesPython
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Mon May 15, 2023 12:08 am

Post by usesPython »

In post 453, Aureal wrote:
In post 314, usesPython wrote: Basically, even though it's not a theoretically perfect hood for a given scum pair it's generically good enough that big hood scum has a good shot at deepwolfing regardless of who they are; the only info hood composition gives is that scum are ok with slightly suboptimal hood compositions to reduce the amount of info town has.
In Aureal/Merlyn/BurgerParty worlds none of them need to worry about getting meta'd, especially if we'd decided to focus exclusively on small hood to also break the Aureal/Python, Aureal/yessiree, and Merlyn/Python meta possibilities outing them.
In STD/Cakes/Dan worlds bringing in anyone that could meta them together in the same hood means they can leverage those connections to pocket each other while also taking advantage of scum needing to shoot in big hood anyways if small hood gets limmed to kill anyone problematic
I'm sorry, did you just start off by saying that players who have meta from a previous game on each other are more likely to get found out as scum, and then conclude that players who have previous game meta on each other can use it to pocket each other? In other words, go from "meta bad for scum" to "meta good for scum"?
Those aren't mutually exclusive thing you know, having meta on someone means they're probably not gonna be a null for you. For players with less scum experience no meta is better since they're still at the skill level where they need to focus on not getting caught. For players with more scum experience meta is better since it lets them leverage those relationships to control the game

-A
Plural | Nameless (They/He) and Alice (She/Her) and C (They/Them) and more
usesPython
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Mon May 15, 2023 12:19 am

Post by usesPython »

In post 443, yessiree wrote:
In post 371, usesPython wrote:
In post 370, Invisibility wrote: VOTE: Python

I would like to pressure for reasons I think are correct. I held off on this vote cuz Python was acting like besties with me (including (jokingly?) suggesting we quickhammer Yess) and I wanted to sniff out if pocketing was happening but that's not going to happen anymore.
I wasn't joking about quickhammering yessiree

-A
right after this post in the small hood you also joked about coordinating a quickhammer on your own slot, are you also gonna tell me what wasn't a joke too? :roll:
The self quickhammer was a joke, the quickhammer on you wasn't
In post 443, yessiree wrote:
In post 380, usesPython wrote: Cakez, Dan, you, Invisibility, and probably yessiree all have me at the bottom of their reads lists, you tell me

-A
i dont but i'm inclined to now, im thinking flavor leaf is probably right that the perception of threats of on ur own slot is just you projecting ur own pushes on others

you're seeing the boogeyman here fam, ISO me cause i never had you at the bottom of my read list or pushed ur slot at all. i've always maintained invis is more likely scum than you in both here and in small hood
Is there some other way I should have read these posts then other than Python scum?

-A
In post 294, Flavor Leaf wrote: Not gonna lie, the only reason I don’t full send Python here is because I know Invisibility’s a sly one.

But everything Python says is cap
In post 296, yessiree wrote:
In post 295, Aureal wrote: Can someone translate Flavor Leaf for me? I think he might be speaking Mafia and I don't understand that language.
He is BASED, let him cook, we bing chilling

I'll read later no cap
Invisibility
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he or she

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Mon May 15, 2023 1:22 am

Post by Invisibility »

In post 438, yessiree wrote:
In post 351, Invisibility wrote:
In post 325, Save The Dragons wrote: i think scum in the small hood is taking the lead

i don't know who it is though. need to re-read or iso dive and that might not happen today
wouldn't that mean you think Yess is scum lol
how is Invis aware enough to notice the hood order is not random but fumble so hard on simple logic :lol:
rude!
Invisibility is actually AWESOME!
Invisibility
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Mon May 15, 2023 1:26 am

Post by Invisibility »

In post 445, Aureal wrote:
In post 252, Invisibility wrote:
In post 250, Flavor Leaf wrote: why is AD's read terrible?
it's so weak cuz the read is based off the idea that Cakez would be difficult to fake a mindmeld with AD, which is true, but since AD didn't share these ideas beforehand that the only way Cakez would be able to fake this would be if he could read minds. Maybe terrible is too strong a word, but it's very very weird to me that he would even mention the unlikelihood of Cakez faking mindmeldable stuff as a townread reason cuz it's so beyond the realm of possibility that it's not even worth mentioning. Is the read otherwise much different than a regular mindmeld read? Not really! But the weird logic used makes me suspicious.
WTF is this paragraph? Invis and yes were the ones who were having the issue with understanding that Cakez would have to be psychic to post what Dan was thinking but hadn't said. There's no weird logic in it at all.
what? Is it cuz AD didn't say specifically "psychic powers"?
Invisibility
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Mon May 15, 2023 1:27 am

Post by Invisibility »

In post 456, Aureal wrote:
In post 360, Invisibility wrote:
In post 352, usesPython wrote: I don't think the hoods were chosen for the small hood composition, so the TR based on small hood composition doesn't apply
but scum obviously found the small hood composition acceptable even if that wasn't their main intention. Would letting you and him be in the same hood not, like, still suck for scum!Yess?

Why is Invis still trying to get Python to go for yessiree based on this ancient reasoning?
I'm pointing out the inconsistencies in Python's logic. I find it scummy. I don't think they should go for Yess.
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest
Pronoun: any

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Mon May 15, 2023 1:57 am

Post by Skygazer »

VC 1.15 (unchanged)
Save the Dragons
(2): Aureal, SirCakez
usesPython
(2): Flavor Leaf, Invisibility
Aureal
(1): Save the Dragons
Flavor Leaf
(1): usesPython

Not Voting
(3): yessiree, ActionDan, Merlyn

With 9 alive, it takes 5 votes to reject a player's right to keep playing in this game. Day 1 ends in (expired on 2023-05-18 09:15:00).

mod notes: 21 / 3 = 7
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Mon May 15, 2023 3:36 am

Post by Save The Dragons »

i really think aureal is scum
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Mon May 15, 2023 3:37 am

but at best i'm gonna get pushback for omgus so someone else has to tell you all that

so i guess my job is done
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Mon May 15, 2023 3:38 am

but if you really want a reason, go back and look at what aureal has done to try and sort me
usesPython
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Mon May 15, 2023 3:40 am

Post by usesPython »

Deadline's in 3 days, can we get a consensus on if we're limming small hood/big hood/ignore hoods before the scramble?

-A
usesPython
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Mon May 15, 2023 3:46 am

Post by usesPython »

Mechanically speaking we should only be limming big hood day 1 if we've got someone in the small hood locktown/lockscum, otherwise we risk losing a mislim compared to just limming in small hood until we hit scum to guarantee at least getting to 3p ELO

-A
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Mon May 15, 2023 3:58 am

Post by Merlyn »

In post 458, Aureal wrote:
In post 414, usesPython wrote:
In post 407, SirCakez wrote: I disagree; lurking and staying out of spotlight is a good way to get to endgame
esp if the small hood keeps us distracted
That's the thing though, we
were
focusing on the big hood to sort it. I think scum was directly responsible for dragging us back to the small hood because the small hood scum is in a good enough position to mislim both small hood town, which lets big hood scum focus on setting up for their own endgame. That's the kind of thing that can't be done while lurking, it needs active effort to prevent big hood players like Merlyn and STD from getting people to sort big hood

-A

Merlyn and STD seem like incredibly random choices to namedrop here???
Are we not the only people in big hood to ask to sort big hood?

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”