Micro 1080: Brass and Shrapnel - Game Over!

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
JasonWazza
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Mon May 15, 2023 5:27 am

Post by JasonWazza »

In post 173, Skygazer wrote: grandpa also feels overly defensive
What part's seem overly defensive, and not just responses to what has been said/asked?
In post 174, Skygazer wrote: jason and i are getting off on the wrong foot so lets start over:

hi jason! im skygazer. i am trying my best but my best will not be very good
We are playing Mafia, there is no right foot to start with, the idea of the game is us being suspicious of each other from the start, in fact, why are you so worried about getting in my good graces?
In post 172, Skygazer wrote:
In post 140, JasonWazza wrote:
In post 137, Skygazer wrote: i dont like how grandpa hasnt responded to my scumreading them
What is there to respond to?

That's just like me now saying that i scum read for example, Alianna, and just not saying anything but expecting a response anyway.

Like ok, you have an unbacked up thought, back it up with something and maybe it's response worthy.
generally i feel like town ppl are more like willing to ask "why" while scum generally ignore it and hope it goes away

at least thats what i do
And just to double down, how can Grandpa be overly defensive, while also ignoring your post saying you scum read him?

And why do you think people will respond to a nothing post saying nothing of substance with a why, and not just expect you to actually explain yourself?

Like why not skip the useless step in between and just have you say why in the first place?
Returning win rate: 4/1, 80%
In the process of creating a game to mod, we will see what it holds.
GrandpaSpino
GrandpaSpino
Goon
GrandpaSpino
Goon
Goon

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Mon May 15, 2023 5:29 am

Post by GrandpaSpino »

In post 173, Skygazer wrote: grandpa also feels overly defensive
bruh where do yall get this info from?

do u mean aggressive? im not defending anyone lol what r u on about?

-mo
Hydra of GrandpaMo and biancospino.
GrandpaSpino
GrandpaSpino
Goon
GrandpaSpino
Goon
Goon

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Mon May 15, 2023 5:30 am

Post by GrandpaSpino »

In post 172, Skygazer wrote:
In post 140, JasonWazza wrote:
In post 137, Skygazer wrote: i dont like how grandpa hasnt responded to my scumreading them
What is there to respond to?

That's just like me now saying that i scum read for example, Alianna, and just not saying anything but expecting a response anyway.

Like ok, you have an unbacked up thought, back it up with something and maybe it's response worthy.
generally i feel like town ppl are more like willing to ask "why" while scum generally ignore it and hope it goes away

at least thats what i do
ok thats what i did. are u gonna answer me now?

-mo
GrandpaSpino
GrandpaSpino
Goon
GrandpaSpino
Goon
Goon

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Mon May 15, 2023 5:42 am

Post by GrandpaSpino »

town:

GrandpaSpino (GrandpaMo and biancospino hydra)
JasonWazza
KittyTacky

null:

Alianna
Something_Smart

scum:

Doctor Drew
Skygazer
T3
Merlyn

this isnt in any particular order but this is how i see things rn [these are also not on a spectrum]

rn 2 scum reside in the scum circle. for null -- they need more info. and i like my town circle. kt and jason follows both a town mentality that alligned with mine. + similar thoughts

-mo
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Mon May 15, 2023 5:47 am

Post by Merlyn »

You read that whole game and wrote up a post in under 5 minutes, huh? Or did you maybe scan for something that you thought made me scum (even though you hate meta)?

I joke in all my games (except my very first, I was too nervous lol), mafia is fun!

Is your scum list really just everyone who has said something to question you?
GrandpaSpino
GrandpaSpino
Goon
GrandpaSpino
Goon
Goon

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Mon May 15, 2023 5:51 am

Post by GrandpaSpino »

In post 179, Merlyn wrote: You read that whole game and wrote up a post in under 5 minutes, huh? Or did you maybe scan for something that you thought made me scum (even though you hate meta)?

I joke in all my games (except my very first, I was too nervous lol), mafia is fun!

no i just read the beginning because we are only post 180.

can u show me a maf/town game of you that is better representative of how you are playing now?

and no my scumlist consist of people with disorganized thoughts, slackers, and inconsistency.

-mo
JasonWazza
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Mon May 15, 2023 5:54 am

Post by JasonWazza »

Merlyn, just to check, are you scum reading GrandpaSpino?

Or is this more gauging reactions?
Returning win rate: 4/1, 80%
In the process of creating a game to mod, we will see what it holds.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Mon May 15, 2023 6:04 am

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 108, Alianna wrote: I was going to call this town since everyone knows what a mafia goon is, but I guess maf have a factional doc/RB too this game.
Meh, it's still good enough for a page 5 townlean.
I think I would agree, but I believe all bets are off for whether GrandpaMo would do something that makes any sense as scum.

It's been a while but I played a game where I was scum with him and he did some real dumb shit that got himself killed.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest
Pronoun: any

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Mon May 15, 2023 6:15 am

Post by Skygazer »

In post 175, JasonWazza wrote: What part's seem overly defensive, and not just responses to what has been said/asked?
defensive may be the wrong word but like they're overly wordy and i don't like their responses; i can elaborate after work.
In post 175, JasonWazza wrote: We are playing Mafia, there is no right foot to start with, the idea of the game is us being suspicious of each other from the start, in fact, why are you so worried about getting in my good graces?
bc you seem like the type to annoyingly tunnel me and i actually want to enjoy this game
In post 175, JasonWazza wrote: And just to double down, how can Grandpa be overly defensive, while also ignoring your post saying you scum read him?

And why do you think people will respond to a nothing post saying nothing of substance with a why, and not just expect you to actually explain yourself?

Like why not skip the useless step in between and just have you say why in the first place?
idk it's interesting to see how people react/not react to certain things. there's also an element of i don't have a lot to go on.

i'm having a really bad day so im gonna disappear for a bit
GrandpaSpino
GrandpaSpino
Goon
GrandpaSpino
Goon
Goon

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Mon May 15, 2023 6:16 am

Post by GrandpaSpino »

In post 182, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 108, Alianna wrote: I was going to call this town since everyone knows what a mafia goon is, but I guess maf have a factional doc/RB too this game.
Meh, it's still good enough for a page 5 townlean.
I think I would agree, but I believe all bets are off for whether GrandpaMo would do something that makes any sense as scum.

It's been a while but I played a game where I was scum with him and he did some real dumb shit that got himself killed.
what? we were scum together

-mo
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Mon May 15, 2023 6:41 am

We were, that's what I meant by "I was scum with him", sorry if that wasn't clear.

Also I did go back look at that game for some context, and there was more method to your madness than I remembered. You slipped some TMI trying to defend Victorine but then actually made an effort to come up with a claim that would have explained it.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Mon May 15, 2023 6:47 am

In post 133, Skygazer wrote: i mean im not saying i'm gonna play like nk15 or NM, i just mean temper your expectations for me.
I have no issue with a low-energy/measured playstyle but please do not quote a 20 line post for a 1 line response, it makes the game very hard to read.
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest
Pronoun: any

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Mon May 15, 2023 6:53 am

Post by Skygazer »

sorry phone posting hard
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Mon May 15, 2023 7:04 am

In post 161, GrandpaSpino wrote: Classic scum move.

Gets pressured and gets called out on it and then stops the reasoning.
I don't know. I can see that being a town thought process. Especially since the thing you are currently accusing Merlyn of is very similar to the thing that you did when Merlyn brought up your supposed contradiction-- you said the KT thing was a big deal and potentially noteworthy, but also acknowledged that KT said it was nothing and agreed that it was irrelevant yourself.

It is a valid mode of reasoning for a townie to make an argument, receive pushback against that argument, and then decide that maybe what they saw isn't as big a deal as they thought.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Mon May 15, 2023 7:06 am

In post 187, Skygazer wrote: sorry phone posting hard
oh yeah it absolutely is. With the site upgrade a lot of things moved which is annoying but not inherently bad, but I think the mobile experience did definitely get worse overall.

If you don't want to edit a quote on mobile you can write the number of the post you're responding to. A little messy, but it'll work, and imo cutting down on thread clutter is pretty important.
GrandpaSpino
GrandpaSpino
Goon
GrandpaSpino
Goon
Goon

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Mon May 15, 2023 7:39 am

Post by GrandpaSpino »

In post 185, Something_Smart wrote: We were, that's what I meant by "I was scum with him", sorry if that wasn't clear.

Also I did go back look at that game for some context, and there was more method to your madness than I remembered. You slipped some TMI trying to defend Victorine but then actually made an effort to come up with a claim that would have explained it.
oh my how do u remember that holy. how do yall remember these things? can u pls link me to that game? lemme analyze my own playstyle LOL

-mo
GrandpaSpino
GrandpaSpino
Goon
GrandpaSpino
Goon
Goon

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Mon May 15, 2023 7:42 am

Post by GrandpaSpino »

In post 188, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 161, GrandpaSpino wrote: Classic scum move.

Gets pressured and gets called out on it and then stops the reasoning.
I don't know. I can see that being a town thought process. Especially since the thing you are currently accusing Merlyn of is very similar to the thing that you did when Merlyn brought up your supposed contradiction-- you said the KT thing was a big deal and potentially noteworthy, but also acknowledged that KT said it was nothing and agreed that it was irrelevant yourself.

It is a valid mode of reasoning for a townie to make an argument, receive pushback against that argument, and then decide that maybe what they saw isn't as big a deal as they thought.
I see what u mean . but when did I say the kt was a big thing? I was specifically referring to how Merlyn might see it. because i have been sticking to only one claim which is what u said, that it was irrelevant.

I need to check back when I get back on my computer.

here for reminder.

-mo
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Mon May 15, 2023 7:42 am

viewtopic.php?t=88188

That game was... highly memorable. Though I did have to go back and reread the scum PT to remember some of the details of what/when you claimed.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Mon May 15, 2023 7:44 am

In post 191, GrandpaSpino wrote: I see what u mean . but when did I say the kt was a big thing? I was specifically referring to how Merlyn might see it. because i have been sticking to only one claim which is what u said, that it was irrelevant.
The post that Merlyn brought up as you saying it could be relevant later for interactions, . I think I can see what you were going for with that post but I can understand how Merlyn might have interpreted it the way she did.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Mon May 15, 2023 7:45 am

Or maybe I'm just misinterpreting it too. But if so, that should underscore that it's easy to misinterpret :lol:
GrandpaSpino
GrandpaSpino
Goon
GrandpaSpino
Goon
Goon

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Mon May 15, 2023 10:44 am

Post by GrandpaSpino »

In post 192, Something_Smart wrote: viewtopic.php?t=88188

That game was... highly memorable. Though I did have to go back and reread the scum PT to remember some of the details of what/when you claimed.
oh THAT GAME. the game where i like to give credit to getting rc to mod

when one our scumpartner sold us and one was afk

ofc i had to bs our way out of there because vic didnt tell us any info or something lol i remember it now. this is where sakura used their amazing power at the end

-mo
GrandpaSpino
GrandpaSpino
Goon
GrandpaSpino
Goon
Goon

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Mon May 15, 2023 10:47 am

Post by GrandpaSpino »

In post 193, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 191, GrandpaSpino wrote: I see what u mean . but when did I say the kt was a big thing? I was specifically referring to how Merlyn might see it. because i have been sticking to only one claim which is what u said, that it was irrelevant.
The post that Merlyn brought up as you saying it could be relevant later for interactions, . I think I can see what you were going for with that post but I can understand how Merlyn might have interpreted it the way she did.
i understand where meryln is going too but at the same time they are calling it a contradiction -- looking back at it, i dont think contradiction was the right word for it and idk if merlyn knows that. however, i still clarified and explaine what i meant multiple times -- its something that shouldnt be taken into big thought because i was just rlly focusing on how it meant for the future if u solve jason + merlyn as both mafia, then that post in RETROSPECT would make sense. ik it may seem confusing, but thinking bout it, i usually tend to do that a lot -- displace reads before they do occur -- i realized it helps me grasp future insight, its like if my private pt was made public on this thread -- if that makes sense.
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Mon May 15, 2023 11:51 am

Post by Doctor Drew »

I will say, this Mo comes off a bit different then the scumMo I remember.

I would like to hear more from Bianco though.....this hydra is a bit Jekyll and Hyde lol.

Also, RE: Merlyn......did strike me a little odd that she backed down so easily, but she still is fairly new and I don't remember her being the super aggressively tunnely type as well, I would have found it even more odd if kept pushing the issue, if that makes sense.
'dREW DID IT BETTER' - T-Bone
'doctor drew our hero' - Shiki
'I love playing with him, he's got an amazing presence to him that just feels like the game is lacking something when he's not there' - JacksonVirgo
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
compulsive complex Inventor
biancospino
he/she
Pronoun: he/she

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Mon May 15, 2023 12:17 pm

Post by biancospino »

In post 179, Merlyn wrote: You read that whole game and wrote up a post in under 5 minutes, huh? Or did you maybe scan for something that you thought made me scum (even though you hate meta)?

I'm starting to see what Mo is seeing about you that's all. Jason is green in that list...

Just lemme ask you, as clearly you see"defensiveness", how come Hyde needs to be defensive about an argument coming forth from someone who they don't think "has said something to question" us?
(Or, @drew, am I Hyde and Mo Jekill? Idk)
GrandpaSpino
GrandpaSpino
Goon
GrandpaSpino
Goon
Goon

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Mon May 15, 2023 12:17 pm

Post by GrandpaSpino »

In post 198, biancospino wrote:

I'm starting to see what Mo is seeing about you that's all. Jason is green in that list...

Just lemme ask you, as clearly you see"defensiveness", how come Hyde needs to be defensive about an argument coming forth from someone who they don't think "has said something to question" us?
(Or, @drew, am I Hyde and Mo Jekill? Idk)
Of course...

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”