Amnesiac Mafia: The Movie! That's a Wrap!

For Team Mafia 2023 Games and Information
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #6525 (ISO) » Mon May 15, 2023 1:36 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

I don't blame you, its exactly what I would have also done as scum in the PoE.

I'll only blame you if you flip green.
tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #6526 (ISO) » Mon May 15, 2023 1:37 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 6524, Drixx wrote:
In post 6522, Thestatusquo wrote:
In post 6520, Drixx wrote:
In post 6517, kuribo wrote: I don't believe activity level to be alignment indicative except in newbies

I do lean toward Drixx being scum for other reasons
Let's change lanes. List them succinctly?
No fuck off, you tell us why other people are scum first and then we'll talk.
That post wasn't aimed at you. Go sit in the corner and wait until you're spoken to, if you want to behave like a child.
you know this is a game, right? There's no reason to speak to me that way. It's completely over the top.
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #6527 (ISO) » Mon May 15, 2023 1:37 pm

Post by kuribo »

In post 6517, kuribo wrote: I don't believe activity level to be alignment indicative except in newbies

For one, you're continuing to engage with TSQ instead of considering the alignment-relative questions I've asked you.

For another, as I've stated, I don't like your history toward slots that have since flipped town. I have mapped and documented your stated stances and found that you shaded nearly every single dead town player.

You also went through great lengths to not give definite stances on FA and GiF, both of whom I believe to be your partners.

You've claimed not to believe the PoE, however you also switched your long-standing townread on GiF without an explanation. This, again, is consistent with what I consider to be the likely scumteam needing to distance as the PoE closes.
Join me on my quest to play every NES game! Some of them are awful.

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet

Post Post #6528 (ISO) » Mon May 15, 2023 1:37 pm

Post by Pink Ball »

In post 6508, kuribo wrote: @Drixx

Let's pretend for a moment it's a scum team of three instead of four. Honestly we don't know, but let's say it's three and then we can all go home.

You, FA, Dunn, STD, GiF.

If you're town, and there were three scum, who's the other town?
Drixx did you miss this?
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #6529 (ISO) » Mon May 15, 2023 1:38 pm

Post by kuribo »

see what you made me do, you've actually got me building a case on another player

I hate that I've become this

I blame mith.

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6530 (ISO) » Mon May 15, 2023 1:39 pm

Post by Drixx »

In post 6526, Thestatusquo wrote:

That post wasn't aimed at you. Go sit in the corner and wait until you're spoken to, if you want to behave like a child.
you know this is a game, right? There's no reason to speak to me that way. It's completely over the top.
I've always been consistently amazed by how people on this site feel totally self righteous about slinging rhetoric around, but then act offended when others give it to them.
Get to know a Drixx - Recently Updated!
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6531 (ISO) » Mon May 15, 2023 1:40 pm

Post by Drixx »

In post 6528, Pink Ball wrote:

Let's pretend for a moment it's a scum team of three instead of four. Honestly we don't know, but let's say it's three and then we can all go home.

You, FA, Dunn, STD, GiF.

Drixx did you miss this?
Gun to my head, if all the other assumptions are correct, and there's a town in there, it's STD
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #6532 (ISO) » Mon May 15, 2023 1:41 pm

Post by kuribo »

In post 6531, Drixx wrote:
In post 6528, Pink Ball wrote:

You, FA, Dunn, STD, GiF.

Drixx did you miss this?
Gun to my head, if all the other assumptions are correct, and there's a town in there, it's STD
Can you elaborate?

Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6533 (ISO) » Mon May 15, 2023 1:43 pm

Post by Drixx »

In post 6527, kuribo wrote:

For one, you're continuing to engage with TSQ instead of considering the alignment-relative questions I've asked you.

For another, as I've stated, I don't like your history toward slots that have since flipped town. I have mapped and documented your stated stances and found that you shaded nearly every single dead town player.

You also went through great lengths to not give definite stances on FA and GiF, both of whom I believe to be your partners.

You've claimed not to believe the PoE, however you also switched your long-standing townread on GiF without an explanation. This, again, is consistent with what I consider to be the likely scumteam needing to distance as the PoE closes.
Bro ... I voted twice this game. A whole bunch of confirmed teammates of mine also voted them.

I feel like that's not true about FA and GiF? Didn't I scum read GiF like on day 2? I think so.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #6534 (ISO) » Mon May 15, 2023 1:43 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 6530, Drixx wrote:
In post 6526, Thestatusquo wrote:

I've always been consistently amazed by how people on this site feel totally self righteous about slinging rhetoric around, but then act offended when others give it to them.
I'm happy to sling fuck yous with the best of them. You started that here as well but i have no problem with it. I've said nothing about you outside the context of this game, your doing so is over the line and i am asking you politely to stop.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6535 (ISO) » Mon May 15, 2023 1:46 pm

Post by Drixx »

In post 3472, Drixx wrote: This post would be if we are in a world where Kuribo, Ircher, PB and Black are all town, and clearly this is me posting it so that should explain my spot:

Drixx
Kuribo
Ircher
Black
Pink Ball

Firebringer
Frozen Angel

Thestatusquo
Dunnstral

Klick
Save The Dragons

GuyInFreezer
Titus

Titus remains my top scum read for the reasons outlined earlier.
GuyInFreezer lands 2nd scummiest for the posts today about my response to them earlier in the day phase. The moment they posted "Sassy cab driver", anyone paying attention to their script PMs knew what that was. The faux outrage at me is yucky.
Save The Dragons is self evident I think? Let me know if your look at their ISO and skim in context and are confused.
Klick landed at the top of the bad colors mostly because I felt better about the rest of the POE

Firebringer and FA both are lean town in my mind for style reasons. I'm not super confident in my ability to read Firebringer, but my brain is catching something there that makes me think more likely town than not.

TSQ and Dunn are pretty firmly neutral to me. Nothing they've said pushing them one way or another. I have considered they might be milquetoast scum, but haven't had time to re-read and see what another pass does to my thinking on them.
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #6536 (ISO) » Mon May 15, 2023 1:48 pm

Post by kuribo »

In post 6533, Drixx wrote:

Bro ... I voted twice this game. A whole bunch of confirmed teammates of mine also voted them.

I feel like that's not true about FA and GiF? Didn't I scum read GiF like on day 2? I think so.
The protocol does not just count votes. Players don't always, or even usually, state their reads (or supposed reads) as votes. What you say is just as significant, if not more significant, than where you vote.

Yes, but at no point in ranking GiF as one of the scummiest did you ever do anything about it. You didn't vote GiF, you stayed on Titus.

Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #6537 (ISO) » Mon May 15, 2023 1:48 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 6503, Drixx wrote: What you should be asking is why did literally everyone else in the PoE use me for cover while they did nothing and put nothing on the line.

But that's not interesting when you already have a scapegoat all lined up.
What are you accusing me of doing here?
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #6538 (ISO) » Mon May 15, 2023 1:49 pm

Post by kuribo »

Not to mention, you had been processing a town read on the slot before that

I still have the map of your stated reads, it might be confusing to an outsider but it's there

Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6539 (ISO) » Mon May 15, 2023 1:51 pm

Post by Drixx »

In post 6536, kuribo wrote:
In post 6533, Drixx wrote:

The protocol does not just count votes. Players don't always, or even usually, state their reads (or supposed reads) as votes. What you say is just as significant, if not more significant, than where you vote.

Yes, but at no point in ranking GiF as one of the scummiest did you ever do anything about it. You didn't vote GiF, you stayed on Titus.
When was I supposed to go after GiF? The next day after Titus, Klick self hammered while I was vacationing, and then we have today. I already explained my thoughts on voting in ELO earlier, right?

To make it more explicit: I would vote FA or GiF without much convincing needed at this time. Dunn I would need to think about a little bit because what he's done today will make him look super bad if there's a tomorrow. STD I probably would prefer not to vote today.
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet

Post Post #6540 (ISO) » Mon May 15, 2023 1:52 pm

Post by Pink Ball »

Omfg I’m phone posting but that Drixx’s readlist has one of the PoE in each group too I can’t even
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #6541 (ISO) » Mon May 15, 2023 1:53 pm

Post by Save The Dragons »

You know there's not 5 scum right
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6542 (ISO) » Mon May 15, 2023 1:54 pm

Post by Drixx »

In post 6538, kuribo wrote: Not to mention, you had been processing a town read on the slot before that

I still have the map of your stated reads, it might be confusing to an outsider but it's there
Both the early town read and the change were explained.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6543 (ISO) » Mon May 15, 2023 1:56 pm

Post by Drixx »

In post 6540, Pink Ball wrote: Omfg I’m phone posting but that Drixx’s readlist has one of the PoE in each group too I can’t even
Actually it has one in the town group (Me), and I can 100% guarantee you that one is correct. It has two from the rest of the POE in each of the middle and bottom groups.

That means that no matter what else, I had very good town reads on day 2, and I had nearly all or even all of the scum in my yellow/orange/red area. Sadly I also had Titus and Klick down there.
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet

Post Post #6544 (ISO) » Mon May 15, 2023 2:02 pm

Post by Pink Ball »

I meant it like an extrapolation of Titus’s rule of 3 theory
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #6545 (ISO) » Mon May 15, 2023 2:03 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

To be fair it's not Titus' rule i don't think. Pretty sure it's a pretty classic "tell" which means it's mostly useless if people know it exists.
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet

Post Post #6546 (ISO) » Mon May 15, 2023 2:05 pm

Post by Pink Ball »

I’m a newbie at heart I guess
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #6547 (ISO) » Mon May 15, 2023 2:07 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

Drixx I never wanted you to undergo an epic iso diving project, I just wanted you to spend a few minutes talking about stances you had already given. You are the one who went and said you needed to do the iso dives to understand the game or something, and you used that to delay giving your answer. Now you are saying you didn't have the time to do the iso dives.

Indeed, what I asked you to do was short quick and to the point: Explain why you were reading the poe in the order you were reading them. You are the one who, in response to that request, said that the game state required an iso dive. This was something I found nonsensical because you had already given the stances, you just hadn't provided reasons, so to me it looks like you are looking for the reasons after having decided your stances.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6548 (ISO) » Mon May 15, 2023 2:13 pm

Post by Drixx »

In post 6547, Dunnstral wrote: Drixx I never wanted you to undergo an epic iso diving project, I just wanted you to spend a few minutes talking about stances you had already given. You are the one who went and said you needed to do the iso dives to understand the game or something, and you used that to delay giving your answer. Now you are saying you didn't have the time to do the iso dives.

Indeed, what I asked you to do was short quick and to the point: Explain why you were reading the poe in the order you were reading them. You are the one who, in response to that request, said that the game state required an iso dive. This was something I found nonsensical because you had already given the stances, you just hadn't provided reasons, so to me it looks like you are looking for the reasons after having decided your stances.
I'm sorry it felt that way. I'm pretty sure that I explained my stances though?

This game state is exceptionally frustrating for me. I'm sure for the rest of the uninformed also.
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #6549 (ISO) » Mon May 15, 2023 2:16 pm

Post by kuribo »

In post 6545, Thestatusquo wrote: To be fair it's not Titus' rule i don't think. Pretty sure it's a pretty classic "tell" which means it's mostly useless if people know it exists.
Plus our brains are hardwired at a primitive level to recognize and assign meaning to patterns. The rule of three appeals to that.

That's why I only solve games through gematria!

Return to “Team Mafia 2023”