Micro 1079 - dividing connor (game over)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
yessiree
yessiree
he
Mafia Scum
yessiree
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he

Post Post #650 (ISO) » Wed May 17, 2023 4:32 pm

Post by yessiree »

In post 647, Invisibility wrote: wait I don't need a second. I wasn't going to direct quote it and I don't really need to 1:1 paraphrase it anyway. Who cares.

Python continues to rail against Yess for not posting memes in the small hood. Python asked if I could use this argument against Yess tomorrow. I think it's a silly argument but they probably thought I was amenable enough to it to make me switch my vote which like I did express some consideration of it. That's basically it actually. THere's a bunch of game analysis going on there btu Python actually sounds more reasonable in saying that a big hood lim is better and there's no need to be survivalistic in a bus heavy setup

UNVOTE: taking off my vote so no one lolhammers while I Ponder
if they think it's a bus heavy setup why wouldn't they just let their partner bus them and then play the deepwolf game, isn't that like the optimal strategy they came up with. why would they still try to fight their lim by shifting it to big hood O_o
Invisibility
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he or she

Post Post #651 (ISO) » Wed May 17, 2023 4:32 pm

Post by Invisibility »

to convince the rest of the town
Invisibility is actually AWESOME!
Invisibility
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #652 (ISO) » Wed May 17, 2023 4:33 pm

Post by Invisibility »

wow I should really check for new pages. That was directed at FL
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #653 (ISO) » Wed May 17, 2023 4:33 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

I still go back to the large wall of reasons Python made against me, and they were all like incredibly forced because it felt like they needed to turn on me to survive in a way.

I have a little bit of cold feet on Python now, and I still think it's possible AD slot is distancing, but I think that's tinfoil.
Invisibility
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #654 (ISO) » Wed May 17, 2023 4:34 pm

Post by Invisibility »

In post 650, yessiree wrote:
In post 647, Invisibility wrote: wait I don't need a second. I wasn't going to direct quote it and I don't really need to 1:1 paraphrase it anyway. Who cares.

Python continues to rail against Yess for not posting memes in the small hood. Python asked if I could use this argument against Yess tomorrow. I think it's a silly argument but they probably thought I was amenable enough to it to make me switch my vote which like I did express some consideration of it. That's basically it actually. THere's a bunch of game analysis going on there btu Python actually sounds more reasonable in saying that a big hood lim is better and there's no need to be survivalistic in a bus heavy setup

UNVOTE: taking off my vote so no one lolhammers while I Ponder
if they think it's a bus heavy setup why wouldn't they just let their partner bus them and then play the deepwolf game, isn't that like the optimal strategy they came up with. why would they still try to fight their lim by shifting it to big hood O_o
I think that's the idea lol
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #655 (ISO) » Wed May 17, 2023 4:34 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 651, Invisibility wrote: to convince the rest of the town

I can make a better scum case as is on Yessiree instead of 'didn't meme in neighborhood'.

Idk.

@Merlyn - In your experience, does Python normally have incredibly weak and forced looking reasons for their reads?
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #656 (ISO) » Wed May 17, 2023 4:35 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

I think Python/Cakez is probably just the team, and I'm overthinking.
Invisibility
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #657 (ISO) » Wed May 17, 2023 4:35 pm

Post by Invisibility »

In post 655, Flavor Leaf wrote: I can make a better scum case as is on Yessiree instead of 'didn't meme in neighborhood'.
yeah it's not a good argument LOL
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #658 (ISO) » Wed May 17, 2023 5:03 pm

Post by Merlyn »

In post 655, Flavor Leaf wrote:

I can make a better scum case as is on Yessiree instead of 'didn't meme in neighborhood'.

Idk.

@Merlyn - In your experience, does Python normally have incredibly weak and forced looking reasons for their reads?
Well, no I don't think that of them. I read the meme thing more as Python was saying that yesiree was acting differently in the hood vs the main game, and that pinged them.
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #659 (ISO) » Wed May 17, 2023 5:05 pm

Post by Merlyn »

I wish I knew the game analysis that Invis mentioned, that's why I think posting stuff only in the hood is a bad idea.
Invisibility
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #660 (ISO) » Wed May 17, 2023 5:11 pm

Post by Invisibility »

from my understanding Python said limming in the big hood is better cuz it's the only day scum can't bus the big hood without losing the game. Python can definitely clarify things better than I said. Yess says this is deflecting to get the vote off them. Python says that they wouldn't be survivalistic here because it's in the scum's best interest to bus the small hood scum, or something
Invisibility
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #661 (ISO) » Wed May 17, 2023 5:11 pm

Post by Invisibility »

yeah this is annoying idk why we did this
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum

Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum

Mafia Scum

Post Post #662 (ISO) » Wed May 17, 2023 7:08 pm

Post by Aureal »

Idk.

Python's reasoning can be pretty wild IMO. In our previous game where we were both town, Python scumread me for possibly scumslipping by referring to how the newbie Mafia PTs would list the Mafia roles. I stated right upfront that I had checked the PTs from past games for that knowledge because I kneeeeeew that if I didn't, someone was gonna try to accuse me of being Mafia slipping and telling them about our PT. Python went ahead and did it anyway, quoting the exact language I'd used at the other people I'd played with before to see if they thought I would be diligent enough to actually check PTs, even while acknowledging that they knew I did check the old PTs because I was correct about them. It made no sense. And to top it off, when I argued back how it made no sense, Python flipped to strongly townreading me for "making a mistake" in thinking it was ridiculous that they would literally quote me saying I had checked the PTs while asking people if they believed I had checked the PTs and seeing for themself that I had checked the PTs. Because if I was scum I'd have posted that post in the PT to get fixed up and not made that "mistake".

It still makes my head hurt thinking about it.
"Yeah after a point it felt like Aureal was the only one talking sense despite being a goose so I just followed."
-furtiveglance
yessiree
yessiree
he
Mafia Scum
yessiree
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he

Post Post #663 (ISO) » Wed May 17, 2023 7:10 pm

Post by yessiree »

Idk.

oh man

palms weak, knees are sweaty, arms spaghetti
usesPython
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #664 (ISO) » Wed May 17, 2023 10:58 pm

Post by usesPython »

In post 630, yessiree wrote: I like how you're saying meta read is crap
I'm not, I'm saying Oclax tends to scumread people using meta
In post 630, yessiree wrote: but then in the next sentence you're doing exactly the same to scumread me based off tonal differences between my scum game and my town game you can't even explain?
I'm not metaing you, I haven't even seen your town game

-A
Plural | Nameless (They/He) and Alice (She/Her) and C (They/Them) and more
usesPython
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #665 (ISO) » Wed May 17, 2023 11:01 pm

Post by usesPython »

In post 640, Flavor Leaf wrote: @Python - You don't think Invisibility can be scum here?
I mean obv small hood means they're still pretty likely to be scum but like I think scum!yessiree makes more sense than scum!invis and at this point I'm willing to risk off that read

-A
usesPython
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #666 (ISO) » Wed May 17, 2023 11:06 pm

Post by usesPython »

In post 655, Flavor Leaf wrote: @Merlyn - In your experience, does Python normally have incredibly weak and forced looking reasons for their reads?
:pensive:
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #667 (ISO) » Wed May 17, 2023 11:10 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 666, usesPython wrote:
In post 655, Flavor Leaf wrote: @Merlyn - In your experience, does Python normally have incredibly weak and forced looking reasons for their reads?
Mainly talking about your big list on me + MemeYessiree. I understand the meme thing can be a vibe check, though, at least, and your push on me could have been emotion OMGUS fueled, if town.
usesPython
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #668 (ISO) » Wed May 17, 2023 11:15 pm

Post by usesPython »

In post 660, Invisibility wrote: from my understanding Python said limming in the big hood is better cuz it's the only day scum can't bus the big hood without losing the game. Python can definitely clarify things better than I said. Yess says this is deflecting to get the vote off them. Python says that they wouldn't be survivalistic here because it's in the scum's best interest to bus the small hood scum, or something
Yeah wagoning big hood d1 is critical in this setup for later solving and scum also have a vested interest in keeping the game focused on small hood and just bussing to prevent any associatives forming, this is especially the case if they optimized for the big hood like I think they did here. Only way keeping scum!Python alive makes sense here is if we spend the rest of the game limming big hood and playing for 5p ELO but in that case I'd literally have to be hoping my partner can deepwolf hard enough to win a 1v1 in ELO and would still be worse than just letting them bus me so they can play for a normal 3p ELO

-A
usesPython
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #669 (ISO) » Wed May 17, 2023 11:18 pm

Post by usesPython »

In post 667, Flavor Leaf wrote:
In post 666, usesPython wrote:
Mainly talking about your big list on me + MemeYessiree. I understand the meme thing can be a vibe check, though, at least, and your push on me could have been emotion OMGUS fueled, if town.
Honest and painful assessment is that the reads we push at EOD tend to be decently accurate but the way we get there and explain those reads tends to be

regardless of alignment

-A
usesPython
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #670 (ISO) » Wed May 17, 2023 11:24 pm

Post by usesPython »

Like last time I tunnelled + thunderdomed scum as VT people were actually considering if it was S/S before either of us even flipped

-A
usesPython
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #671 (ISO) » Wed May 17, 2023 11:32 pm

Post by usesPython »

In post 670, usesPython wrote: Like last time I tunnelled + thunderdomed scum as VT people were actually considering if it was S/S before either of us even flipped

-A
Scum were also thinking we were a PR with a red check for similar reasons

-A
usesPython
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #672 (ISO) » Wed May 17, 2023 11:44 pm

Post by usesPython »

In post 668, usesPython wrote:
In post 660, Invisibility wrote: from my understanding Python said limming in the big hood is better cuz it's the only day scum can't bus the big hood without losing the game. Python can definitely clarify things better than I said. Yess says this is deflecting to get the vote off them. Python says that they wouldn't be survivalistic here because it's in the scum's best interest to bus the small hood scum, or something
Yeah wagoning big hood d1 is critical in this setup for later solving and scum also have a vested interest in keeping the game focused on small hood and just bussing to prevent any associatives forming, this is especially the case if they optimized for the big hood like I think they did here. Only way keeping scum!Python alive makes sense here is if we spend the rest of the game limming big hood and playing for 5p ELO but in that case I'd literally have to be hoping my partner can deepwolf hard enough to win a 1v1 in ELO and would still be worse than just letting them bus me so they can play for a normal 3p ELO

-A
Like if we're scum and our partner isn't exactly Flavor then it's strictly optimal to get bussed d1 for towncred with the understanding that yessiree/Invis/Flavor is a perfectly natural set of NKs that explain why big hood scum is still alive despite being so pro-town

-A
usesPython
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #673 (ISO) » Wed May 17, 2023 11:49 pm

Post by usesPython »

In post 647, Invisibility wrote: Python continues to rail against Yess for not posting memes in the small hood. Python asked if I could use this argument against Yess tomorrow. I think it's a silly argument but they probably thought I was amenable enough to it to make me switch my vote which like I did express some consideration of it.
I was asking this to figure out if we could afford to lim big hood d1 or if limming small hood was forced to avoid instantly losing the game d3

-A
usesPython
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #674 (ISO) » Wed May 17, 2023 11:54 pm

Post by usesPython »

In post 673, usesPython wrote:
In post 647, Invisibility wrote: Python continues to rail against Yess for not posting memes in the small hood. Python asked if I could use this argument against Yess tomorrow. I think it's a silly argument but they probably thought I was amenable enough to it to make me switch my vote which like I did express some consideration of it.
I was asking this to figure out if we could afford to lim big hood d1 or if limming small hood was forced to avoid instantly losing the game d3

-A
Like idk how you came to that conclusion after I posted

"I'd prefer to lim in the big hood d1 but if it's iffy it's probably better to lim small hood d1 even if I get limmed just to ensure we don't lose in 5p ELO

-A"

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”