Mafia Scum
GuerillaWoo
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #925 (ISO) » Mon May 22, 2023 11:30 pm

Post by GuerillaWoo »

In post 914, Mafiabat wrote: If he flips green, it's overseer/Bulge, Delta, bazuf, and/or Pink.
I dunno why Bazuf is in there. I also think that even though Pink is wrong, he made an honest to god read on me being scum. But if you're listing this in order of likelihood, then sure go for it.
In post 914, Mafiabat wrote: Are we sure we want to lim Guerilla, though?
Don't think there's another option. It's a mis-lim, but I think Delta wants to get another claim on D1 from the Pink wagon, or else stall until the deadline moves closer and sow panic. Jason is right: the game-state requires my flip.
Deltabreedy
Deltabreedy
He/him
Mafia Scum
Deltabreedy
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #926 (ISO) » Mon May 22, 2023 11:31 pm

Post by Deltabreedy »

@Jason:
There's a lot of content and effort to solve coming from you Jason.

The only effort from Pink (whilst it's pretty herculean to catch up on 36 pages) seems to be a chronological kneejerk analysis, that barely gets into the meat of the thread. At the end the only conclusion is 'This is where I stand (lim Guerilla then Bat) with scarcely any justification and more townhunting than scumhunting.

Labelling people townie so quickly feels to me like scum using their position of being informed to back up reads with little reason and then being able to cite PoE for their scumreads? I find it altogether a bit convenient that Pink has done this and that it fits perfectly with Guerilla. There's a sense of just wafting with the current that I would expect a townie replacement to come in and question.

Your play and theirs have been drastically different.

Ninja'd:
I'm not expecting Black's replacement to have the same reads, but the act of a replacement taking over the slot doesn't weaken my scumread of Black's slot pre-replacement and Pink's play since has reaffirmed my scumread post-replacement.
Refer to me as 'Delta' or 'Tom'. Cheers! |
'Black, if you're scum, I'll eat my shoe.'
Never forget

Regular V/LA Wednesday evenings and Thursday all day (UTC+1)
|
GTKAS
JasonWazza
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #927 (ISO) » Mon May 22, 2023 11:32 pm

Post by JasonWazza »

In post 925, GuerillaWoo wrote: Jason is right: the game-state requires my flip.
Requires A flip, not necessarily yours.
Returning win rate: 4/1, 80%
In the process of creating a game to mod, we will see what it holds.
Deltabreedy
Deltabreedy
He/him
Mafia Scum
Deltabreedy
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #928 (ISO) » Mon May 22, 2023 11:33 pm

Post by Deltabreedy »

Like I say, I'm still fine with a Guerilla flip and I'll quite happily hammer. Do I want to use our remaining time today to get content out of my other scumread? Sure
Never forget

|
GTKAS
JasonWazza
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #929 (ISO) » Mon May 22, 2023 11:34 pm

Post by JasonWazza »

All good Delta, Just make sure you actually plan on hammering, and don't plan on trying to pull us to deadline, and force someone else to hammer.
GuerillaWoo
GuerillaWoo
he/him
Mafia Scum
GuerillaWoo
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #930 (ISO) » Mon May 22, 2023 11:34 pm

Post by GuerillaWoo »

In post 927, JasonWazza wrote: Requires A flip, not necessarily yours.
I mean, Bulge being a sub is going to muddy the waters too much. I'm the option that's been in the game longer with more of a trail on reads and shit.
JasonWazza
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #931 (ISO) » Mon May 22, 2023 11:35 pm

Post by JasonWazza »

That's mostly irrelevant since we still have Overseers reads from earlier to run off.
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #932 (ISO) » Mon May 22, 2023 11:36 pm

Post by The Bulge »

^ lame

dont make me do all this reading for nothing
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #933 (ISO) » Mon May 22, 2023 11:37 pm

Post by The Bulge »

im about halfway thru and atp strongly opposed to a guerilla lim. the exchange w black about the whole coyness debaucle reads very much as tvt
Mafiabat
Mafiabat
he/him
Townie
Mafiabat
he/him
Townie
Townie

Post Post #934 (ISO) » Mon May 22, 2023 11:38 pm

Post by Mafiabat »

In post 933, The Bulge wrote: im about halfway thru and atp strongly opposed to a guerilla lim. the exchange w black about the whole coyness debaucle reads very much as tvt
Who are you voting then?
You may call me Bat.
GMT+7.
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #935 (ISO) » Mon May 22, 2023 11:39 pm

Post by The Bulge »

In post 366, GuerillaWoo wrote:
In post 362, Black wrote: How do I know what's real and what's fake with you?
You don't. You said this. You said "I think you can fake being town as scum". I thought, "huh, that's really good. They are worried about me for good reasons. I should let this person know they're right, and subtly point them to me using this capacity for lying not to pass as town, but to alleviate my suspicion of them."

You think I wanted this awkward ass interaction lol, it was me townclaiming to you, and making it loud and having to explain it literally defeats the point.
In post 362, Black wrote: How many of your other questions this game were for show?
For show to the thread? Zero. For show to the person I'm asking? Quite a few. I don't want sus people to know I'm suspicious of them.
In post 362, Black wrote: Because I'm seeing you ask a lot of questions but not giving any insight yourself.
It's because I'm trying to game solve. I don't have insight. "Insight" is fluff. I'm 90% sure about a scumread right now, and all I want is to build associatives for D2.
In post 362, Black wrote: I don't think you are truly worried about giving people townie status or you wouldn't be asking people about their reads so much
You don't have to buy it, but ask yourself whose reads I'm trying to get.
im taking this explanation of guerilla's actions at face value. the awkwardness of the whole exchange reads like a townie realizing theyve backed themselves into a corner, and the progression of the whole thing seems natural from both sides
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #936 (ISO) » Mon May 22, 2023 11:40 pm

Post by The Bulge »

In post 934, Mafiabat wrote:
In post 933, The Bulge wrote: im about halfway thru and atp strongly opposed to a guerilla lim. the exchange w black about the whole coyness debaucle reads very much as tvt
Who are you voting then?
idk i havent voted anyone
UNVOTE:
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #937 (ISO) » Mon May 22, 2023 11:41 pm

Post by The Bulge »

In post 934, Mafiabat wrote:
Who are you voting then?
was this supposed to be some kind of gotcha? lol

thanks for the heads up anyway
JasonWazza
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #938 (ISO) » Mon May 22, 2023 11:42 pm

Post by JasonWazza »

In post 935, The Bulge wrote: and the progression of the whole thing seems natural from both sides
Exactly how does that make Black town?

Because Black scum would have a natural progression as well, because it's the same progression. (Mostly just ruling out SvS)
GuerillaWoo
GuerillaWoo
he/him
Mafia Scum
GuerillaWoo
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #939 (ISO) » Mon May 22, 2023 11:42 pm

Post by GuerillaWoo »

In post 931, JasonWazza wrote: That's mostly irrelevant since we still have Overseers reads from earlier to run off.
Oh not my reads, more other people's reads on me. See: Delta setting up the notion of a read change between subs. Because "the slot" TR'd me and now SRs me, lol

My message here is I don't want Delta to gain a "cold feet" excuse about switching votes. You break it, you bought it.
Deltabreedy
Deltabreedy
He/him
Mafia Scum
Deltabreedy
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #940 (ISO) » Mon May 22, 2023 11:43 pm

Post by Deltabreedy »

@Jason:

Deadline for me is at 0240 or so - I'll switch back before then and if it's the hammer, even better tbh cause then I can go to sleep knowing that we have reached a lim on a scumread.

--

That said, I do think more people should be asking questions of Pink.

--

I'm also going to point out that Mala (whilst I appreciate the busy schedule etc) last bit of content that wasn't filler was 4 days ago:
In post 539, Malakittens wrote:
In post 537, Black wrote:
In post 536, Malakittens wrote: Idk how I feel about overseer giving me the fastest and quickest town read wave on me
You seem pretty townie this game, ngl. I find your play here to be much different than your play in your scum game you just had with overseer. His townread makes perfect sense to me
Well maybe my town mojo transparent is coming back

Idk I get weirded out when I get quick town reads from ppl after 1 game
After that, it's a lot of very vague thoughts that are accompanied with an 'idk', and an assertion that Mala wouldn't vote for Black (Now Pink).

Would like to see something more, and something with more oomph before EoD if poss.
Never forget

|
GTKAS
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #941 (ISO) » Mon May 22, 2023 11:44 pm

Post by The Bulge »

In post 938, JasonWazza wrote:
In post 935, The Bulge wrote: and the progression of the whole thing seems natural from both sides
Exactly how does that make Black town?

Because Black scum would have a natural progression as well, because it's the same progression. (Mostly just ruling out SvS)
black tr is independent of this exchange
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet

Post Post #942 (ISO) » Mon May 22, 2023 11:45 pm

Post by Pink Ball »

I’ll have some time to explain more my positions if you want to, Delta, but it was 2 AM when I was catching up. Id rather lim Mafiabat than Guerilla by the way, but with less than 24 hours on the clock and with the lack of posting I experienced yesterday from the rest of the playerlist, it seems rather improbable to get enough discussion to move things there. You have to be more pragmatic at some point
Deltabreedy
Deltabreedy
He/him
Mafia Scum
Deltabreedy
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #943 (ISO) » Mon May 22, 2023 11:47 pm

Post by Deltabreedy »

In post 939, GuerillaWoo wrote:
In post 931, JasonWazza wrote: That's mostly irrelevant since we still have Overseers reads from earlier to run off.
Oh not my reads, more other people's reads on me. See: Delta setting up the notion of a read change between subs. Because "the slot" TR'd me and now SRs me, lol

My message here is I don't want Delta to gain a "cold feet" excuse about switching votes. You break it, you bought it.
I've declared several times that I'm very happy to hammer you.

Also, the read change is for the slot - Black/Pinks slot went from SRing you to TRing you very quickly and I think un-naturally which was the basis of my scumread on Black. After the replacement, this has flipped back again.

I get the feeling that this could be a buddy that was distancing from you, then leading a wagon away from you and now (post-replacement) is deciding to bus you.

--

Ninja'd:
Pink yeah I'm keen on hearing how you reached those conclusions. I appreciate TZ differences but from an external perspective it's highly suspect that you arrived at the conclusion you did with no justification.

You've mentioned Bat 7 times in your ISO and marked them as a prime scumread, yet have not backed that up with anything at all so yeah - please explain this.
Never forget

|
GTKAS
JasonWazza
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #944 (ISO) » Mon May 22, 2023 11:48 pm

Post by JasonWazza »

In post 940, Deltabreedy wrote: After that, it's a lot of very vague thoughts that are accompanied with an 'idk', and an assertion that Mala wouldn't vote for Black (Now Pink).

Would like to see something more, and something with more oomph before EoD if poss.
I mean i was trying to setup a nice force on Mala to make Mala be a hammer vote, but that looks like it's steadily going to shit if i'm being honest.
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #945 (ISO) » Mon May 22, 2023 11:48 pm

Post by The Bulge »

more thoughts bc now im worried the day will end before im caught up
In post 279, towwl wrote: How do people feel about GuerillaWoo so far? I SR'd his slot from his slot's previous tenant on the basis of two posts, and still have a bit of a bitter taste in my mouth from that, but I think GuerillaWoo's entrance so far has looked good and has shown an interest in getting to the bottom of things. Now I just need to figure out if it's genuine...

I'd like to hear the rest of the town's thoughts on him though, because it feels like nobody's really given him much scrutiny. Just a of on his of Malakittens.
i dont like this post at all, looks like scum trying to derail discussion, and at the time the discussion was about towwl's initial readslist.

the exchanges between invisibility and towwl on this same page could very easily be theatre. i dont usually read into associative tells this early but thats where my head is at rn
Mafiabat
Mafiabat
he/him
Townie
Mafiabat
he/him
Townie
Townie

Post Post #946 (ISO) » Mon May 22, 2023 11:50 pm

Post by Mafiabat »

In post 945, The Bulge wrote: more thoughts bc now im worried the day will end before im caught up
In post 279, towwl wrote: How do people feel about GuerillaWoo so far? I SR'd his slot from his slot's previous tenant on the basis of two posts, and still have a bit of a bitter taste in my mouth from that, but I think GuerillaWoo's entrance so far has looked good and has shown an interest in getting to the bottom of things. Now I just need to figure out if it's genuine...

I'd like to hear the rest of the town's thoughts on him though, because it feels like nobody's really given him much scrutiny. Just a of on his of Malakittens.
i dont like this post at all, looks like scum trying to derail discussion, and at the time the discussion was about towwl's initial readslist.

the exchanges between invisibility and towwl on this same page could very easily be theatre. i dont usually read into associative tells this early but thats where my head is at rn
What? And NOW you’re SRing Towwl? You just said scumteam was me and Guerilla, make up your kind!

I’m assuming he’s the kind of player who assumes everyone is guilty until proven innocent.
You may call me Bat.
GMT+7.
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet

Post Post #947 (ISO) » Mon May 22, 2023 11:51 pm

Post by Pink Ball »

I explicitly said that I wasn’t going to quote anything else while catching up because clogging the thread with little time was not a good choice.

By the way Delta, I’m not Black; staying that Black sr the slot, then tr it and then I sr it again is not a progression.

We’ll talk when I finish the morning routine
Mafiabat
Mafiabat
he/him
Townie
Mafiabat
he/him
Townie
Townie

Post Post #948 (ISO) » Mon May 22, 2023 11:52 pm

Post by Mafiabat »

Wait
You may call me Bat.
GMT+7.
Mafiabat
Mafiabat
he/him
Townie
Mafiabat
he/him
Townie
Townie

Post Post #949 (ISO) » Mon May 22, 2023 11:52 pm

Post by Mafiabat »

In post 946, Mafiabat wrote:
In post 945, The Bulge wrote: more thoughts bc now im worried the day will end before im caught up

What? And NOW you’re SRing Towwl? You just said scumteam was me and Guerilla, make up your kind!

I’m assuming he’s the kind of player who assumes everyone is guilty until proven innocent.
I am terribly sorry, I thought you were pink.
You may call me Bat.
GMT+7.

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”