Mafia Scum
GuerillaWoo
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1300 (ISO) » Thu May 25, 2023 10:49 am

Post by GuerillaWoo »

In post 1298, JasonWazza wrote: Because that's the point Guerilla, Generally it would be basically everyone doing the same sort of thing, and hopefully you have enough unclaimed players, that you don't immediately screw yourself.

That said, i think it doesn't really work well in the Newbie setup in general, outside of a Lim on scum D1, 7P with 2 scum doesn't leave a lot of room for error in your cover players, and they have to act for the whole day, that this is a true statement (or immediately ruin the cover).

In practice, it rules out too many players way too often.
I get what the tactic is bud, I wanted to see his reasoning.
towwl
towwl
he/him
Goon
towwl
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1301 (ISO) » Thu May 25, 2023 10:51 am

Post by towwl »

Though yeah I guess it's contradictory for me to think there's something to Pink's scumreads when half of them I at least disagree with. Whoops
JasonWazza
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1302 (ISO) » Thu May 25, 2023 10:52 am

Post by JasonWazza »

Pink kill is definitely weird, it's why i'm not voting just yet.

Trying to parse it in my brain to work out who the fuck would make that kill, and was honestly hoping to rule out the more experienced players (because it feels like a bad kill) but a quick check of Mala's contributions in Scum PT's tells me they aren't someone to generally be deciding the kill, and Bulge also doesn't seem to have a lot of recent Scum PT's to search through.
Returning win rate: 4/1, 80%
In the process of creating a game to mod, we will see what it holds.
towwl
towwl
he/him
Goon
towwl
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1303 (ISO) » Thu May 25, 2023 10:52 am

Post by towwl »

My reasoning for announcing in advance that it's for cover? Because how else would we enact the strategy when that's why we would do it? Could I convince everybody to mass fakeclaim for the lols? There needs to be a rational reason for it, and cover is the real reason. But we're not going to do it.
GuerillaWoo
GuerillaWoo
he/him
Mafia Scum
GuerillaWoo
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1304 (ISO) » Thu May 25, 2023 10:56 am

Post by GuerillaWoo »

In post 1299, towwl wrote: I brought up Pink's SRs because I was surprised at him being the nightkill. Like was I the only one who spent most of last night being super paranoid about Pink's slot? I thought there were at least a couple of much more productive nightkills which of course I won't suggest who exactly, so maybe Pink died for his reads is what I was thinking. And I still say I don't really see you as scum Guerilla, I said as much earlier. Like I don't think you'd bus Bat and I think your posts feel very convincingly genuine emotionally and I mindmeld with you too much, so it would be insane for me to push you today.
That's the thing though. You mentioned you're growing more paranoid of my slot, but that seemed like it's entirely motivated by NKA. It's very WIFOM-y, and my concern here is scum!towwl killed Pink in order to say "Why would they kill Pink? He was shady, but... oh, he scumread Bat/Guerrilla". The NKA was prompted by you.
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1305 (ISO) » Thu May 25, 2023 10:58 am

Post by The Bulge »

was someone gonna tell me i was in a claimed slot lol
JasonWazza
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1306 (ISO) » Thu May 25, 2023 11:00 am

Post by JasonWazza »

I mean it only got mentioned like 20 times Bulge.
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1307 (ISO) » Thu May 25, 2023 11:00 am

Post by The Bulge »

i had only read up to like page 24 before the day ended
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1308 (ISO) » Thu May 25, 2023 11:01 am

Post by The Bulge »

i will reiterate that the delta lim was awful, green flip on such a quick eod wagon leaves with not a lot
JasonWazza
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1309 (ISO) » Thu May 25, 2023 11:02 am

Post by JasonWazza »

VOTE: Towwl
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1310 (ISO) » Thu May 25, 2023 11:02 am

Post by The Bulge »

*a quick eod wagon on someone who fought with basically the whole playerlist, i should add
towwl
towwl
he/him
Goon
towwl
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1311 (ISO) » Thu May 25, 2023 11:02 am

Post by towwl »

In post 1304, GuerillaWoo wrote:
In post 1299, towwl wrote: I brought up Pink's SRs because I was surprised at him being the nightkill. Like was I the only one who spent most of last night being super paranoid about Pink's slot? I thought there were at least a couple of much more productive nightkills which of course I won't suggest who exactly, so maybe Pink died for his reads is what I was thinking. And I still say I don't really see you as scum Guerilla, I said as much earlier. Like I don't think you'd bus Bat and I think your posts feel very convincingly genuine emotionally and I mindmeld with you too much, so it would be insane for me to push you today.
That's the thing though. You mentioned you're growing more paranoid of my slot, but that seemed like it's entirely motivated by NKA. It's very WIFOM-y, and my concern here is scum!towwl killed Pink in order to say "Why would they kill Pink? He was shady, but... oh, he scumread Bat/Guerrilla". The NKA was prompted by you.
Nah I'm paranoid of you because while I think you're very emotionally convincing I also think you are personally capable of faking it since you kinda said as much earlier in .

Also that seems like a pretty blatantly stupid reason for me to kill Pink? Like, if there's scum on Delta's wagon, why would scum kill Pink to narrow the PoE between towwl/Guerilla/Jason/Pink?
towwl
towwl
he/him
Goon
towwl
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1312 (ISO) » Thu May 25, 2023 11:03 am

Post by towwl »

In post 1311, towwl wrote:
In post 1304, GuerillaWoo wrote:
Nah I'm paranoid of you because while I think you're very emotionally convincing I also think you are personally capable of faking it since you kinda said as much earlier in .

Also that seems like a pretty blatantly stupid reason for me to kill Pink? Like, if there's scum on Delta's wagon, why would scum kill Pink to narrow the PoE between towwl/Guerilla/Jason/Pink?
Shit I guess that's WIFOM isn't it
JasonWazza
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1313 (ISO) » Thu May 25, 2023 11:07 am

Post by JasonWazza »

I mean i don't even know how useful that wagon is, at least me i only joined after Delta decided to soft claim, and add to the pile of claimed players i was maintaining we had to lim between.
GuerillaWoo
GuerillaWoo
he/him
Mafia Scum
GuerillaWoo
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1314 (ISO) » Thu May 25, 2023 11:19 am

Post by GuerillaWoo »

In post 1311, towwl wrote: Nah I'm paranoid of you because while I think you're very emotionally convincing I also think you are personally capable of faking it since you kinda said as much earlier in 307.
I think I know what you're referring to by this but just to be clear, can you explain "emotionally convincing"?
In post 1311, towwl wrote: Also that seems like a pretty blatantly stupid reason for me to kill Pink? Like, if there's scum on Delta's wagon, why would scum kill Pink to narrow the PoE between towwl/Guerilla/Jason/Pink?
I'm not pushing a NK theory tho, I'm saying it's odd you brought one up that specifically defers to Pink's SRs. Especially without committing to a Guerrilla or Bat wagon, then specifically announcing a pressure vote.

I don't think the NK tells me anything here. Something about Pink's kill immediately felt like scum designed it to point us in a direction, I just had no idea what direction, then you immediately had a theory.
JasonWazza
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1315 (ISO) » Thu May 25, 2023 11:24 am

Post by JasonWazza »

In post 1307, The Bulge wrote: i had only read up to like page 24 before the day ended
btw, now that you caught up, do you have any thoughts for us?
towwl
towwl
he/him
Goon
towwl
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1316 (ISO) » Thu May 25, 2023 11:33 am

Post by towwl »

In post 1314, GuerillaWoo wrote:
In post 1311, towwl wrote: Nah I'm paranoid of you because while I think you're very emotionally convincing I also think you are personally capable of faking it since you kinda said as much earlier in 307.
I think I know what you're referring to by this but just to be clear, can you explain "emotionally convincing"?
Your frustration during the whole scumslip-that-shall-not-be-named argument felt genuine. Your frustration with the latter half of the day where you kept resigning yourself to being the D1 yeet felt genuine. Getting excited about a promising yeet when Delta finally became an option felt genuine. All very hard, I think, to fake as scum.

In post 1314, GuerillaWoo wrote:
In post 1311, towwl wrote: Also that seems like a pretty blatantly stupid reason for me to kill Pink? Like, if there's scum on Delta's wagon, why would scum kill Pink to narrow the PoE between towwl/Guerilla/Jason/Pink?
I'm not pushing a NK theory tho, I'm saying it's odd you brought one up that specifically defers to Pink's SRs. Especially without committing to a Guerrilla or Bat wagon, then specifically announcing a pressure vote.

I don't think the NK tells me anything here. Something about Pink's kill immediately felt like scum designed it to point us in a direction, I just had no idea what direction, then you immediately had a theory.
Here, I'll overexplain my thought process. I worked myself towards voting Delta throughout the entirety of D1 so when he flipped green I felt like basically everything I thought during D1 was wrong. It's not completely true, there's still some things that I agree with D1 me about, like I still SR Bulge and Bat (though unpaired?) and I still TR you, but it
felt
like I have nothing insightful to say, so the best I felt I can offer to the town is just pressuring Mala to give us more info, and that's what I decided I want to do at SoD.

Then Pink dies which is surprising so I couldn't help but comment about it and try to think of why on earth that was the N1 kill, and reads is what I landed on in the moment. But I'm still going with what I decided overnight which was to pressure Mala because whatever NKA I had wasn't convincing enough for me to change my plan.
GuerillaWoo
GuerillaWoo
he/him
Mafia Scum
GuerillaWoo
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1317 (ISO) » Thu May 25, 2023 11:47 am

Post by GuerillaWoo »

I see what you mean towwl. Yeah I'm hoping the AWOL players start turning up.

My only thought on Bulge rn is it's weird how strong his TR on Delta was, but i haven't ISO'd him to see if there's reasoning or a progression there.
Bazuf
Bazuf
He
Goon
Bazuf
He
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1318 (ISO) » Thu May 25, 2023 11:49 am

Post by Bazuf »

In post 1313, JasonWazza wrote: I mean i don't even know how useful that wagon is, at least me i only joined after Delta decided to soft claim, and add to the pile of claimed players i was maintaining we had to lim between.
Then why exactly did you join the wagon?

Everyone so disappointed on the Delta lim, but quite honestly I'm surprised it flipped green...

Besides, I think you're planting the idea that some inexperienced player would kill Pink, but maybe an experience player such as youserlf would use that in his advantage?
First to plant the idea it was a kill made by an inexperienced player.
Secondly for being afraid of Pink and the he would might discover you?

I'm not voting yet, but I'm getting bad vibes from Jason...
Also, Mala is getting to unnoticed....
Care to share some thoughts?

And I maintain my suspicions on mafiabat.
Maybe he might have killed Pink for reading him as scum too??
STATS
NEWBIE GAMES
Town - P:4 / W:3 / L:1
Mafia - P:0 / W:0 / L:0
JasonWazza
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1319 (ISO) » Thu May 25, 2023 11:52 am

Post by JasonWazza »

In post 1318, Bazuf wrote: Then why exactly did you join the wagon?
Deadline crunch, and we had to lim between the claimed players, i was already maintaining i thought both Bulge/Guerilla were likely town, Delta wasn't a great choice, but Delta softed, and i think he was the best choice of those 3.
JasonWazza
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1320 (ISO) » Thu May 25, 2023 11:54 am

Post by JasonWazza »

And add to the above, that it felt like the only wagon with the ability to actually get to a lim at the time, because there was a bunch of people not around.
JasonWazza
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1321 (ISO) » Thu May 25, 2023 11:56 am

Post by JasonWazza »

In post 1318, Bazuf wrote: Besides, I think you're planting the idea that some inexperienced player would kill Pink, but maybe an experience player such as youserlf would use that in his advantage?
First to plant the idea it was a kill made by an inexperienced player.
Also i will point out, i don't necessarily think it was just a newbie player anymore, and have found a reason that makes sense for anyone to do it, i just don't feel the need to point it out to everyone right now.
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1322 (ISO) » Thu May 25, 2023 12:04 pm

Post by Malakittens »

VOTE: mafiabat

bat goes *flapflapflapkillflap*
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.
And maybe, just maybe, that'll take you right where you were supposed to be.

Get to know a Mala~Grey<3 4.7.2015
towwl
towwl
he/him
Goon
towwl
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1323 (ISO) » Thu May 25, 2023 12:12 pm

Post by towwl »

Also since I feel the walls closing in on me already I'll try to give a meta argument as to why I'm not evil.

Well, just kind of a meta argument. More of a lack-of-meta argument. The only game of mafia I played where I rolled scum was back in 2016 in a game with friends where basically none of us played forum mafia before. It can be found here (I'm Bobithan). It was a 14 player 258 post game where we no-limmed 3 days in a row and ended up in a kingmaker scenario where I got booted in F3 for a SK win. I also had a couple of town games: one where town got swept and one that ended because of drama. My game knowledge is primarily through reading the wiki and spectating a champs game a friend of mine just played on Mafia Universe. This is all to say that I may as well be a brand new player to this game. I think, if I'm scum, I suppose I'd be playing a pretty bad D2, which definitely tracks with my newbishness, but it doesn't track with my D1 since:
In post 587, GuerillaWoo wrote: If towwl is scum this game, he deserves to go to lylo, because it's the best scum game I've seen.
...and I do agree that I wouldn't be able to interact with the thread the way I have been if I rolled red this game. I'd just be way too nervous about spewing or whatever. Of course I don't know that for sure because I don't know how I'd play as scum, but I'm pretty sure I'd be playing way more reserved than I'm playing right now. I enjoy puzzle solving a lot more than I do lying.
towwl
towwl
he/him
Goon
towwl
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1324 (ISO) » Thu May 25, 2023 12:13 pm

Post by towwl »

In post 1322, Malakittens wrote: VOTE: mafiabat