Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #800 (ISO) » Wed May 31, 2023 7:01 am

Post by implosion »

I really do hope there's no SK and Andante has to lose face over this implosion-is-the-SK bullshit because it's actually irking me.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #801 (ISO) » Wed May 31, 2023 7:05 am

Post by implosion »

In post 785, Invisibility wrote: I don't think I've been guilt-tripped in a Mafia game before
underrated post.
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #802 (ISO) » Wed May 31, 2023 7:05 am

Post by Umlaut »

Vote Count 1.9

Naturally, road safety is as important in Scarfolk as it is anywhere else.

There was a car accident on Scarfolk Moors in November, 1975. A driver veered off the road after being distracted by a dark, hulking entity stalking across the barren, misty landscape.

The driver tried to film the entity with his Super8 film camera, but the footage is shaky and indistinct.

Many believe this is a confirmed sighting of the ‘Scarfolk Beast,’ which was spotted on the moors and even around town for many years.

Enchant (5):
Cephrir, sheepsaysmeep, implosion, Alianna, skitter30
Dunnstral (3):
Andante, Enchant, Menalque
GuerillaWoo (1):
Cat Scratch Fever
Alianna (1):
Dunnstral

Not voting (3):
GuerillaWoo, Aisa, Invisibility

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to launch.

Deadline:
(expired on 2023-06-03 21:40:00)

Notes:
  • Alianna is on V/LA through Wednesday 5/31.
“There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say, ‘There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say there are two kinds of people in this world,
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
say. Well, then there’s me.” — J.R. “Bob” Dobbs
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #803 (ISO) » Wed May 31, 2023 7:14 am

Post by implosion »

Here's a bonus game of Enchant meta. My "being able to read" Enchant in that game doesn't count for anything (because I was informed that they were scum) but I said the exact same thing in that game:
In post 368, implosion, in that game wrote: they've also literally done nothing before or after the quickhammer. Like their iso has strictly less content than progo's. when enchant replaced in to diffusion of power they got like, instantly locktowned by like 4 people, their town play is not hard to spot and this is not it
So Andante, when you make posts like this:
In post 783, Andante wrote: DUNN IS LITERALLY SCUM BY PLAY THIS GAME AND BY META. Scum!Dunn plays just like this.. ughh this is freaking annoying
...but you also ignore my Enchant read, which I could phrase the
exact same way
, I immediately feel like I have no reason to listen to anything you're saying because your response amounts to, more or less, "uhhh nah that slot is obviously town".

My thoughts on Dunn right now amount to this: I thought their entrance was townie. I think that significantly less so in the context of them not doing anything for days. I don't really feel the need to cement the read one way or another before getting more content because I want to flip Enchant today.
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her, they/them

Post Post #804 (ISO) » Wed May 31, 2023 7:22 am

Post by Aisa »

In post 649, Menalque wrote: Aisa, andante, enchant: what do each of you think about woo?
I think I used to loosely townlean Woo based on vibes. As far as I remember, the rough read was:

- To borrow implosion's turn of phrase, I thought he had some very olive branch-y moments. For example, I was very impressed by how calm and cooperative he was when I voted him and refused to elaborate. I think this is something I struggle with as scum: I don't always find it easy to make up fake reasons for my scumreads, so I sometimes take cheap shots. I liked that he turned down the cheap opportunity to criticise me.
- I did think some of his ideas were a bit reachy: the one I remember off the top of my head was thinking that Drew was fishing for townreads on himself, which is something that I feel few scum players do. But I thought this was forgivable.
- One thing I couldn't and still can't make up my mind on was his reaction here:
Spoiler:
In post 343, Aisa wrote:
In post 342, GuerillaWoo wrote:
In post 341, Aisa wrote: Can I ask you how you feel about my vote on you, GuerillaWoo?
It's awkward. Do you want me to specifically ask why you voted for me or do you want us to just simmer in it for a while?

Town!Aisa could have reasons to hop on my wagon that have nothing to do with me, and if you willfully did not interpret #332 as an invitation to clarify the vote, I'm just gonna let you take the lead.
How many votes away from elimination do you think you are?
In post 344, GuerillaWoo wrote: Oh shitfuck.
In post 345, GuerillaWoo wrote:
Why
tho

He want from incredibly cool about my vote on him, ice in his veins, to
Oh shitfuck
. I feel like this
has
got to be telling somehow but I can't decide what it means. I did make a big deal about the vote, so, like, maybe even as a townie he felt pressured to act like my vote was a big deal? No clue.

I've recently been tempted to revise the read downwards because:

- I saw CSF's readslist. If she is town I secretly suspect she may have >rand reads and I may be interested in sheeping them. And she kinda pocketed me when she townread me.
- (Recent) I kinda think both Enchant and Andante are town, and those are two places where I was thinking there could be scum, so, where to find the scum?
- I realised my townread was contingent on forgiving some takes I disagree with. With all respect to Woo - scumhunting is hard! - if he were a more experienced player I don't think I would be very amused by his ISO. For example, I'd be significantly less forgiving about his idea that "not seeing the logic in Andante's posts" is town-indicative. Or about this post (I think the opposite of what Woo is implying is true). If he's scum here I think he's doing well, but I've seen players who are either new or returning to the site who
can
play a scum game like this right off the bat, so, yeah.

(Some of these are thoughts that have been in some corner of my mind for a while but your question has obviously made them coalesce a bit more).

This... actually seems like an alright place to be for a bit?
VOTE: GuerillaWoo
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #805 (ISO) » Wed May 31, 2023 7:24 am

Post by Aisa »

I think this may be the best VC yet although for some reason I also lost it at "CALL CHILDHELPLINE" a couple VCs ago
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #806 (ISO) » Wed May 31, 2023 7:25 am

Post by Enchant »

In post 803, implosion wrote: Here's a bonus game of Enchant meta. My "being able to read" Enchant in that game doesn't count for anything (because I was informed that they were scum) but I said the exact same thing in that game:
haha is that game where we tried to bus hell out of each other but town killed each other?
Wizard-Mercenary

You need replacement/players ASAP? PM me! I almost always accept.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #807 (ISO) » Wed May 31, 2023 7:25 am

Post by implosion »

Regarding Andante, I think my read on her is now in the vicinity of "town, but can still be persuaded otherwise by someone who knows more about her". I don't think her Dunn case is scummy by any means, I just don't understand it at all (except for activity points). It's entirely possible that it's actually a good case that I just cannot physically parse.

I think her trajectory through this game sort of makes sense with how she'd feel as town; I think going to read people and latching onto a Dunn scumread is something she could definitely do as town. I think I tend to read her general sense of being pissed at the game state, like her indignance at the Enchant wagon and at people refusing to join her on Dunn, as townish. I think in that context her being pissed at people for not townreading her and assuming that she is the shining beacon of towniness is consistent with her mindset, it's just such a foreign mindset to me.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #808 (ISO) » Wed May 31, 2023 7:27 am

Post by implosion »

In post 806, Enchant wrote:
In post 803, implosion wrote: Here's a bonus game of Enchant meta. My "being able to read" Enchant in that game doesn't count for anything (because I was informed that they were scum) but I said the exact same thing in that game:
haha is that game where we tried to bus hell out of each other but town killed each other?
I have no idea what the game was like from scum's perspective, most of what I remember is really not being sure how to play the setup and stuff like that.
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #809 (ISO) » Wed May 31, 2023 7:29 am

Post by Enchant »

Oh wait it's THAT game

Well makes sense i was in mafia and someone already knew that, so why pretend duuuuuuuuuuh
Wizard-Mercenary

implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #810 (ISO) » Wed May 31, 2023 7:32 am

Post by implosion »

i mean it feels like you aren't even pretending to be town in this game either >_>
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #811 (ISO) » Wed May 31, 2023 7:32 am

Post by Aisa »

In post 791, Aisa wrote:
In post 645, Enchant wrote: Main issue that while there provided "Evidence" that my town meta that scum meta that.

I don't have meta. Even if i did, you only provided game which proved YOUR point to condemn me. You was in games where opposite also happened yet you decided to delete them from your memories because they ruin your point.
Do you think you could link one a game where you were town, replaced in, and didn't immediately comment on the game? Bonus points if implosion was also a player in the game. implosion's case is
so convincing
to me at the moment that I'm considering voting you on that alone, but I also kinda don't think you're scum based on everything else, so, cheap and easy opportunity to change my mind here.
Am I interpreting your lack of a response as "Bruh I am a GOOD MEMER I am not stooping to the same level as you mortals in this game"? (If so entirely fair)
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #812 (ISO) » Wed May 31, 2023 7:33 am

Post by Enchant »

In post 810, implosion wrote: i mean it feels like you aren't even pretending to be town in this game either >_>
Makes sense that i am not pretending to be town
Wizard-Mercenary

Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #813 (ISO) » Wed May 31, 2023 7:33 am

Post by Enchant »

In post 811, Aisa wrote:
In post 791, Aisa wrote:
In post 645, Enchant wrote: Main issue that while there provided "Evidence" that my town meta that scum meta that.

I don't have meta. Even if i did, you only provided game which proved YOUR point to condemn me. You was in games where opposite also happened yet you decided to delete them from your memories because they ruin your point.
Do you think you could link one a game where you were town, replaced in, and didn't immediately comment on the game? Bonus points if implosion was also a player in the game. implosion's case is
so convincing
to me at the moment that I'm considering voting you on that alone, but I also kinda don't think you're scum based on everything else, so, cheap and easy opportunity to change my mind here.
Am I interpreting your lack of a response as "Bruh I am a GOOD MEMER I am not stooping to the same level as you mortals in this game"? (If so entirely fair)
I can

But

I am lazy.
Wizard-Mercenary

Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #814 (ISO) » Wed May 31, 2023 7:35 am

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 519, Cat Scratch Fever wrote: I believe Andante claim and don't think she would be a good lim today
You believe the claim "I'm a pr"? Do you know how easy it is for mafia to fake claim that in this setup?
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #815 (ISO) » Wed May 31, 2023 7:37 am

Post by Enchant »

dunn has red amogus on avatar

That's instalim
Wizard-Mercenary

Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #816 (ISO) » Wed May 31, 2023 7:52 am

Post by Aisa »

In post 749, skitter30 wrote: Ugh i really feel like andante is using the claim to avoid getting pushed,she feels super scummy to me
In post 751, Invisibility wrote:
In post 749, skitter30 wrote: Ugh i really feel like andante is using the claim to avoid getting pushed,she feels super scummy to me
yeah I still find Andante exceedingly scummy
Dunn reminded me that I meant to ask about this.

I think there are 1-3 PRs in this setup that are possibly worth letting live and seeing if scum will deal with them, although if I found the slot scummy enough I would definitely push it to at least claim exactly what PR it is and possibly kill it off anyway. I'm back to townleaning Andante (see implosion's read on her for reasoning) so I don't really care. Anyway.

I don't think it really matters whether she's scummy or not, if you think "PR" is a good enough reason to let her live then she just lives at least until tomorrow and that's that. I'd be curious to hear from both of you what your stance on that is; is the PR claim a good enough reason to let her live until tomorrow?
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #817 (ISO) » Wed May 31, 2023 7:55 am

Post by Aisa »

In post 804, Aisa wrote: if he were a more experienced player
I don't mean that he's inexperienced by the way!! I only have like x1.5 his number of posts that would be ridiculous of me to believe. But that's all the more reason go to *furrows brows* at some of his posts
Invisibility
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he or she

Post Post #818 (ISO) » Wed May 31, 2023 7:58 am

Post by Invisibility »

In post 816, Aisa wrote: I don't think it really matters whether she's scummy or not, if you think "PR" is a good enough reason to let her live then she just lives at least until tomorrow and that's that. I'd be curious to hear from both of you what your stance on that is; is the PR claim a good enough reason to let her live until tomorrow?
yheah I've already said this haven't I
Invisibility is actually AWESOME!
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #819 (ISO) » Wed May 31, 2023 8:00 am

Post by Cephrir »

enchant is an open wolf here please take the freebie

def want an explanation from menalque tho
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #820 (ISO) » Wed May 31, 2023 8:02 am

Post by Aisa »

In post 601, Invisibility wrote: yeah but we can figure it out tomorrow probs
Yeah you did. I'm more interested in skitter's answer but thought I might as well throw in a question to you.
Invisibility
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #821 (ISO) » Wed May 31, 2023 8:02 am

Post by Invisibility »

In post 804, Aisa wrote: He want from incredibly cool about my vote on him, ice in his veins, to
Oh shitfuck
. I feel like this
has
got to be telling somehow but I can't decide what it means. I did make a big deal about the vote, so, like, maybe even as a townie he felt pressured to act like my vote was a big deal? No clue.
he thought he was dead?
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #822 (ISO) » Wed May 31, 2023 8:04 am

Post by Aisa »

In hindsight I regret not insisting on him giving me an exact _number_ in answer to "how many votes away from elimination do you think you are"
Invisibility
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #823 (ISO) » Wed May 31, 2023 8:05 am

Post by Invisibility »

do you think he didn't actually think he was dead?
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #824 (ISO) » Wed May 31, 2023 8:08 am

Post by Aisa »

If he's town, I like your interpretation but I also thought maybe he had this reaction to being at E-1?
If he's scum, I guess he could have thought anything or been trying to fake anything

Return to “Central Park [Open Games]”