Micro 1083: Garlic Bread Heist! (Game Over)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
hellbooks
hellbooks
She
Goon
hellbooks
She
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She

Post Post #800 (ISO) » Thu Jun 08, 2023 5:26 pm

Post by hellbooks »

Has anyone yet called sheep "a wolf in sheep's clothing" as a rhetorical device
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #801 (ISO) » Thu Jun 08, 2023 5:26 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

wolves dont say meep
tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner
hellbooks
hellbooks
She
Goon
hellbooks
She
Goon
Goon

Post Post #802 (ISO) » Thu Jun 08, 2023 5:27 pm

Post by hellbooks »

never say meep
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #803 (ISO) » Thu Jun 08, 2023 5:27 pm

Post by Alisae »

meep!
tris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
Splatoon Tetris
Pronoun: she

Post Post #804 (ISO) » Thu Jun 08, 2023 5:27 pm

Post by tris »

In post 800, hellbooks wrote: Has anyone yet called sheep "a wolf in sheep's clothing" as a rhetorical device
are you thinking about that because he's your partner?
here's what it says
hellbooks
hellbooks
She
Goon
hellbooks
She
Goon
Goon

Post Post #805 (ISO) » Thu Jun 08, 2023 5:28 pm

Post by hellbooks »

i think we've all established that as fact already so not rly sure why you're asking about it like you don't know? kinda sus?
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #806 (ISO) » Thu Jun 08, 2023 5:30 pm

Post by Alisae »

her sheep in crime
Garlic Bread
Garlic Bread
bread
Goon
Garlic Bread
bread
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: bread

Post Post #807 (ISO) » Thu Jun 08, 2023 5:44 pm

Post by Garlic Bread »

In post 770, Skygazer wrote: hellbooks dropping a banana bread is unfortunately NAI. feel like she's one of the only people here that would read all the drivel without having a red role. i thought GB would probably see it too actually but it doesnt seem like they did. also NAI. thank you for participating in mafiascum's shittiest honeypot.
im literally the post right after it :cry:
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #808 (ISO) » Thu Jun 08, 2023 5:48 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

I feel like skygazer is trying to emulate hellbooks posting style a bit and I'm not really sure what that means.
hellbooks
hellbooks
She
Goon
hellbooks
She
Goon
Goon

Post Post #809 (ISO) » Thu Jun 08, 2023 5:50 pm

Post by hellbooks »

Is this emulatable
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #810 (ISO) » Thu Jun 08, 2023 5:52 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

you tell me. am I crazy for seeing it?
hellbooks
hellbooks
She
Goon
hellbooks
She
Goon
Goon

Post Post #811 (ISO) » Thu Jun 08, 2023 5:52 pm

Post by hellbooks »

In post 760, Garlic Bread wrote:
In post 759, hellbooks wrote: Banana bread
It just means that my vortex of failposting is so potent that ive got even the serious players sending memes in my replies (yes shea, i know this framing is disingenuous, garlic bread has in fact been gimmicking and joking around)
tris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
Splatoon Tetris
Pronoun: she

Post Post #812 (ISO) » Thu Jun 08, 2023 5:53 pm

Post by tris »

I feel like hellbooks is trying to emulate skygazers posting style a bit and I'm not really sure what that means.
here's what it says
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #813 (ISO) » Thu Jun 08, 2023 5:53 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

I actually kind of didnt mean that as a shit post either.

It kind of feels like they're trying to fit in by blending in with the way in which you're engaging with the thread.
Garlic Bread
Garlic Bread
bread
Goon
Garlic Bread
bread
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: bread

Post Post #814 (ISO) » Thu Jun 08, 2023 6:21 pm

Post by Garlic Bread »

In post 809, hellbooks wrote: Is this emulatable
yeah they got it on retroarch, they got all the emulators
sheepsaysmeep
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he

Post Post #815 (ISO) » Thu Jun 08, 2023 7:27 pm

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

I have reached page 20 in my more focused read thru

quickly off the top of my head:

sheepsaysmeep
tris - tris is so pure man. I like the things she is poking at/engaging with she feels independent
Garlic Bread - I think this is town. I think he is playing in a way that is just he genuinely believes his reads; no other reason to play like this. if mafia no reason to repeat the same things many times and press people this way; breaking the gimmick in some conversations feels genuine

VP Baltar - I feel worse on re-read but I still think his sequence of 3 questions over an hour and legit diving into meta and making a reasonable conclusion about me is p + village lol
Thestatusquo - I am a little simplistically pocketed by his progression on me lol. I was feel like he could've naturally pummeled me but instead he expressed a townlean on me that makes sense to me like wow thanks bro u didnt have to. +, here and there his thoughts vibe with mien a little

Alisae - no clue

hellbooks - I feel generally like theyre bit too explaining-themselves-focused (maybe this is a playstyle thing). I find when they express reads it's a bit underwhelming, like an offhand list of sussy names. the main thing is that their scumreads feel super oddly anti-consensus, but at the same time un-noticeable, and that bugs me. I think if they were actually a wolf who thought like tris was top wolf or stuff they would be more loud/active about it in some way. I havent reached the main explaining-themself post that's been quoted multiple times yet in my catch-up
xofelf - idk but a lower idk than alisae
Skygazer - I feel they are trying to get into the game sometimes and struggling and it's +wolf a bit by now

idk im kinda underwhelmed I dont feel good after the couple townreads
sheepsaysmeep
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #816 (ISO) » Thu Jun 08, 2023 7:39 pm

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

In post 754, Garlic Bread wrote:
In post 744, sheepsaysmeep wrote:
In post 726, Garlic Bread wrote:
In post 719, sheepsaysmeep wrote: I saw you say like,

-you meta dived him and then changed from town to scum
-your interaction with him was good
-as opposed to me, his stuff is not unsubstantiated nonsense

I feel like youre still barely breaching like 5% depth unless I missed something but I genuinely looked

and ur conclusion? Lmao

Yeah I don't have him as hard town as I do tris lmao, but it's plenty to give a pass for on d1 and realistically believe he will trend as town as the game goes on.
idk it's felt weird cuz like

I honestly feel like the vibes from shea have been meh this game, respectfully

like my gut has felt like he's a wolf and there has been nothing thats made me go like oh damn that was towny

and in contrast your read on him exudes a weird confidence. like I know sometimes you say "I admit he's a good wolf" but the vibes on the read are a bit much, declaring towncores with him and repeating him as fairly strong town and stuff. and it feels either a bit pockety or like forcing ur notion "sheep is especially wolf because everyone else has been so villagery"
Why should I have found you towny?
Genuinely curious - I personally find that from my own POV as town the aspects that are towny from me are obvious but know to temper my expectations of others finding it

I personally think your progression comes off as fake and hamfisted- including this latest shade at me uses reasoning I associate with mafia using something they *think* looks scummy to people to convince them when it really isn't. Mr acknowledging shea is a good mafia while feeling confident I think he is playing town are not incompatible thoughts. Being a good mafia is not about straight up copying your towngame, it's about manipulating people into not killing you long enough.

I think all you have done thus far, including this, is still squarely in what I know you are capable as scum. The glaring errors of disgenuine reasoning among your attempts to look towny is what I'm pointing at here.
to address the question here, I dont actually think ive exited wolfrange lol, I think ur scumread on me is valid and makes sense

I wrote more but lost my post and give up lol

I mean like overall I think my vibe would be more self-conscious as wolf and ive had a lower volume and stuff, but that's just my word for it

cant point to any posts that are unfakeable, maybe is p good on the fly
my last list is p good but again theres no logic there it's self-meta
sheepsaysmeep
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #817 (ISO) » Thu Jun 08, 2023 7:44 pm

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

for me it's more that u seem to use POE-y stuff as a reason to push me, confidently, that makes me paranoid abt u sometimes. or it's town but I just think it's poor

it's like, "why has sheep been villagery?" is the thing you've said the most to try to get people onto me

why has sky been villagery? why has tris been villagery? why shea? you dont rly talk about it and like self-proclaim that your towncore is a little forced

youre like, applying "it's hard to look anywhere else" to REINforce your scumread on me in a way I dont think is valid, which is basically the pre-flip convo that's been had
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest
Pronoun: any

Post Post #818 (ISO) » Fri Jun 09, 2023 2:10 am

Post by Skygazer »

In post 815, sheepsaysmeep wrote:Skygazer - I feel they are trying to get into the game sometimes and struggling and it's +wolf a bit by now
This is a big fat L take that I'm not sure if you actually believe considering you just saw me zero post for an entire day one and claim it was because I was locked in a burger king as town
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #819 (ISO) » Fri Jun 09, 2023 2:11 am

Post by VP Baltar »

I think there are a few main things that keep bugging me about Alisae:

Unexplained reads, even when asked for a little more depth

Let's go back to when she votes me first.
In post 158, Alisae wrote:
In post 155, VP Baltar wrote: The fact you are trying to build a multi-point case on page six is pretty absurd on its face though. I find it hard to believe you're taking the game that seriously at this point.
VOTE: VP
It's a naked vote that obviously leaves a lot of room for interpretation. Does she think GB's case at that point was good? Does she think I'm being too critical? Is this a chainsaw? I have no idea, but also at the time I'm kind of like "whatever, maybe she vibing"

The very next thing we get from Alisae is the xof townread...again for thin reasoning.
In post 159, Alisae wrote: oh also xof unvote could be townie so for now they are my strongest tr
it's not that strong but it is what it is
You'll remember I asked xof about this because it definitely feels pockety to me personally. Xof didn't seem to think so and said they have played together a lot, so I'm taking that under advisement. But what I think bugs me here is that this is the start of a pattern of reads that feel a little pulled out of a hat and designed to keep Alisae from doing work in the game more than they are actual sorting.

I brought this up around her shea play as well. She goes back and forth on calling him town and scum several times (but mostly town! don't want to ruffle feathers) with no explanation, even when I inquired more directly. You'll recall, she said she voted him for taking a "do nothing" strategy, which sounds like projection to me. Keep in mind, sheep-VP-shea are the only three names I've seen her throw out in an apparently serious way. It's all a bit flimsy and falls over with even the slightest closer inspection.

Now, let's be fair here, some of this this is very early game. But my issue real issue is that this has persisted through page 30 whatever now. I was willing to give it a pass early on. People need to find their feet in the early game. But if your naked vote on page 2 or whatever is still your top scum read after 30 pages and that's almost never changed? BEEEEP BOOOOPP SCUM LOCK ALERT BEEEP BOOOP

I can't tell you how many times I've played scum where I lock onto an early game read, forget I'm really there and then dozens of pages pass and I'm like "LOL, I'm still voting my RVS person, better make up some reason why that is."

Alisae occassionally takes pot shots at me that don't even make sense, and I think that's actually her trying to justfiy her vote being there. I'll touch on this as my third point in a minute.

Social positioning away from a D1 lim

As I mentioned above, I thought the xof read felt a little pockety, which is why I was asking xof a bit about it. Willing to admit my instincts differ from xof's there, but whatever.
In post 177, Alisae wrote: I don't think I need to have a good read on users Tris + Skygazer + Hellbooks
I imagine those 3 will probably towntell or wolftell eventually.
User Alisae will find it
This also struck me as pockety. Or at the very least, attempting to get a third of the users to not look at her until later in the game. Again, it's a bit cynical of a read on my part, I'll admit, but it's actually kind of a smart wolf play if that's what it is in the sense that 1) you are reducing expectations on who you will provide opinions on D1 and 2) maybe those people reciprocate and don't take a hard look at you either D1. That essentially guarantees an elimination on you is tough if not impossible. A smart social play imo in an alisae!scum world. (it's probably also no surprise she ends up at town reads on all three here I think)

I think she's been schmoozing tris a bit since then, and largely ignoring the other two except for a very brief vote on hellbrooks when momentum was swinging that way.

More broadly, this feeds back into point 1 about how static her reads have been. Unless she has a HIGH LEVEL of confidence the solve is VP + sheep, i don't see how anyone can look at her play to this point and feel like she's actually trying to sort people.

Pot shots as justification for static reads

I mentioned above that Ali is trying to score cheap points with the audience rather than scum hunt, and I think this is peppered throughout her ISO. An example is when she tried to call me out for not having a reads list. I had literally just said I didn't have one. Here is the exchange:
In post 302, Alisae wrote:
In post 301, VP Baltar wrote: Ok, if meta isn't really your thing, that makes sense.
Who is aligned with the mafia VP Baller
In post 303, VP Baltar wrote:Ur mom
In post 304, VP Baltar wrote: I don't know yet. I'll be sure to tell you first when I do though
In post 305, Alisae wrote: my mum is aligned with the mafia so you must be aligned with the village to have such an accurate read on my mum
In post 306, VP Baltar wrote: Did you not read this exact exchange I just had with garlic bread?
In post 307, Alisae wrote: I don't think I care about it
In post 309, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 307, Alisae wrote: I don't think I care about it
Why did you ask me for scum reads then?
In post 310, Alisae wrote: Because I wanted to know who u thought was mafia
In post 311, VP Baltar wrote: But I just said like a few pages ago that I had no clue at this point. Did you not read that part?
In post 312, Alisae wrote: Ig I didn’t see it!
I think it's easy to see she didn't actually even care about the answer to the question. There's no deeper reason to why she asked me what my reads were than "I wanted to see". And when I say I don't have one, she just backs away from the convo. I think the intent here was to paint me as someone who isn't playing the game, and when I called her out for actually being the person who isn't paying attention to the game, she just disengages with the convo. This is what I mean by pot shots.

Here is another one (along with another "D1 pass" which is the social positioning I was talking about)
In post 590, Alisae wrote: I want to give shea a d1 pass.

@Skygazer + Shea
- does VP Baller feel like they actually do care about trying to figure out alignments? I want to say yes but last time I played w/ them I TR'd them when they were wolf.
Like, I think it's reasonable to poke at me for sure. But if the criticism is "he's not trying to figure out alignments"...uh ok. I think my signal to noise ratio is pretty decent (except for when I felt like shit posting yesterday bc I was in a silly mood). This is such a blanket criticism that's detached from reality if you are even looking for two mins at my ISO. It's shade and it's trying to loop in supporting voice on a blanket shade comment. thx I hate it.

There are a million examples of this, from dropping my name repeatedly in quiet ways that seem intent on keeping me in the ether of discussion to stuff like this:
In post 781, Alisae wrote: I also think they’ve pushed me in ways wolves probably would so there’s that too
which sounds neat...until you even spend 1 second thinking about what it actually means.

I've pushed her in wolfy ways? What does that mean? I didn't start pushing her until recently. She has incredibly static reads and is trying to schmooze people, all of which has been bugging me, but I also didn't want to launch into a whole thing if this is her town meta (which I don't think it is).

Last night she beetlejuiced in here when I called for a flash wagon on her. I think she can see I'm starting to feel better about this read being correct and that I'm going to push it in a more serious way, and that's bugging her. that's when she made they "wolfy reasons" comment without even hearing my reasons in an explained way. It's shade all the way down.

If you want a hot take, i think there's a non-zero chance that shea or Garlic Bread are her partner.

THE END
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #820 (ISO) » Fri Jun 09, 2023 2:12 am

Post by VP Baltar »

also, vote alisae so I don't have to start screaming at people.
YOUR AD HERE

Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest

Post Post #821 (ISO) » Fri Jun 09, 2023 2:15 am

Post by Skygazer »

tldr
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest

Post Post #822 (ISO) » Fri Jun 09, 2023 2:15 am

Post by Skygazer »

(will read later though)
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest

Post Post #823 (ISO) » Fri Jun 09, 2023 2:17 am

Post by Skygazer »

In post 818, Skygazer wrote:
In post 815, sheepsaysmeep wrote:Skygazer - I feel they are trying to get into the game sometimes and struggling and it's +wolf a bit by now
This is a big fat L take that I'm not sure if you actually believe considering you just saw me zero post for an entire day one and claim it was because I was locked in a burger king as town
in essence: i don't see how you could arrive at me struggling to get into a game being AI when you just saw me struggle to get into a game.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #824 (ISO) » Fri Jun 09, 2023 2:28 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 821, Skygazer wrote: tldr
Fair. I hate making walls like that, but felt like I'm taking silly pills that no one but me sees this
YOUR AD HERE

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”