Micro 1083: Garlic Bread Heist! (Game Over)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Garlic Bread
Garlic Bread
bread
Goon
Garlic Bread
bread
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: bread

Post Post #900 (ISO) » Fri Jun 09, 2023 8:00 am

Post by Garlic Bread »

In post 899, xofelf wrote:
In post 815, sheepsaysmeep wrote: Garlic Bread - I think this is town. I think he is playing in a way that is just he genuinely believes his reads; no other reason to play like this. if mafia no reason to repeat the same things many times and press people this way; breaking the gimmick in some conversations feels genuine
See, I agree with you. But GB's posting reminds me of the sort of game stuff Koba was just doing in Team Mafia and that was scum, so I'm keeping that possibility in the back of my head and hoping that this is just town.
funny story (but also there is a severe lack of depth lacking in that game from koba that is present here, such as the kowah read)
xofelf
xofelf
they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)
Miss Mash

xofelf
Miss Mash

Miss Mash

Pronoun: they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)

Post Post #901 (ISO) » Fri Jun 09, 2023 8:12 am

Post by xofelf »

Sure, but the energy is pretty similar. Especially the last couple pages. Would be nice if there could be a little less of that combative energy? Like, surely we can play mafia without being incredibly rude to other people?
Xalxe: this is xofelf sometimes we call each other names and other times we share emotions
MattyP: Ur an enigma tho when it comes to circadian rhythm and the traditions we hold dear when it comes to the sun and the moon
Get to reknow a xofelf here
Discord is faster than PMs or sitechat: xofelf#1697
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash

xofelf
Miss Mash

Miss Mash

Post Post #902 (ISO) » Fri Jun 09, 2023 8:16 am

Post by xofelf »

Regardless, as much as I don't agree with the conclusion, I do think the way Baltar went about his longer post makes sense to me. It's not impossible this is Alisae!scum, but I don't think it is.

Sheep, idk, I can see the wheels turning but I'm not sure I'm getting enough to move them out of null into town.
Xalxe: this is xofelf sometimes we call each other names and other times we share emotions
MattyP: Ur an enigma tho when it comes to circadian rhythm and the traditions we hold dear when it comes to the sun and the moon
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #903 (ISO) » Fri Jun 09, 2023 8:20 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

I think gb is koba and that is really influencing my read here.
tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner
Garlic Bread
Garlic Bread
bread
Goon
Garlic Bread
bread
Goon
Goon

Post Post #904 (ISO) » Fri Jun 09, 2023 8:21 am

Post by Garlic Bread »

In post 903, Thestatusquo wrote: I think gb is koba and that is really influencing my read here.
if that was the case you would not have a confident scumread here, or you are basing it solely off scum meta only
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #905 (ISO) » Fri Jun 09, 2023 8:27 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 899, xofelf wrote:
In post 815, sheepsaysmeep wrote: Garlic Bread - I think this is town. I think he is playing in a way that is just he genuinely believes his reads; no other reason to play like this. if mafia no reason to repeat the same things many times and press people this way; breaking the gimmick in some conversations feels genuine
See, I agree with you. But GB's posting reminds me of the sort of game stuff Koba was just doing in Team Mafia and that was scum, so I'm keeping that possibility in the back of my head and hoping that this is just town.
oh GB is Koba? Ok, I probably need to recalibrate with that info.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash

xofelf
Miss Mash

Miss Mash

Post Post #906 (ISO) » Fri Jun 09, 2023 8:31 am

Post by xofelf »

I have no idea, it's just similar vibes.
Garlic Bread
Garlic Bread
bread
Goon
Garlic Bread
bread
Goon
Goon

Post Post #907 (ISO) » Fri Jun 09, 2023 8:31 am

Post by Garlic Bread »

eh well since its obvious atp yeh it is koba on this account, I was gonna reveal postgame and expected to kill scum d1, esp with sheep being as obvious as he was and just being nightkilled here.

the recency of my scum game being the last thing there is clouding the reads esp since the 2 here discussing that last game have *only* experienced my scumgame and never my towngame(well xof has seen my towngame from the PoV of a host twice, and I think that they would do well to remember that)

yes, I have the ability to speak fluidly as scum but I really believe that the thing I cannot replicate is the ability to show real depth on reads on others and point out specifics and such, its a difficult thing to do and i prefer to manipulate people into killing the agreeable options

probably tho that does look bad when i believe the "agreeable looking option" is actually the scummiest in the game.

yeah part of my towngame is fluffing up stuff I may only have a minor feel towards but want to make believe is my true belief and picking up on that is good, just perhaps bad for miscommunication and perceived scum deception.

i dont actually have any completed towngames i can share that are recent other than my secondhand participation in TM so its a fair thing to be biased towards seeing the play as scummy, but its really something that is an overlapping thing, as I hoped people should know by now.
Garlic Bread
Garlic Bread
bread
Goon
Garlic Bread
bread
Goon
Goon

Post Post #908 (ISO) » Fri Jun 09, 2023 8:32 am

Post by Garlic Bread »

it *was* the ace up my sleeve just in case of this scenario tho lol
Garlic Bread
Garlic Bread
bread
Goon
Garlic Bread
bread
Goon
Goon

Post Post #909 (ISO) » Fri Jun 09, 2023 8:33 am

Post by Garlic Bread »

i also think like stuff like trying to see how people are reading the game from their POV and understanding it is something I mainly show in towngames bc it makes it a lot harder to push stuff in bad faith and advance scum agenda.
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash

xofelf
Miss Mash

Miss Mash

Post Post #910 (ISO) » Fri Jun 09, 2023 8:34 am

Post by xofelf »

In post 907, Garlic Bread wrote: (well xof has seen my towngame from the PoV of a host twice, and I think that they would do well to remember that)
What? Do you mean like... deadchat? cuz I've never modded a mafia game if that's what you mean by host.
Garlic Bread
Garlic Bread
bread
Goon
Garlic Bread
bread
Goon
Goon

Post Post #911 (ISO) » Fri Jun 09, 2023 8:35 am

Post by Garlic Bread »

In post 910, xofelf wrote:
In post 907, Garlic Bread wrote: (well xof has seen my towngame from the PoV of a host twice, and I think that they would do well to remember that)
What? Do you mean like... deadchat? cuz I've never modded a mafia game if that's what you mean by host.
MFW i mixed you up with cephrir (blue names all the same)
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash

xofelf
Miss Mash

Miss Mash

Post Post #912 (ISO) » Fri Jun 09, 2023 8:36 am

Post by xofelf »

Oh lmao. Yeah, Ceph mods.
Garlic Bread
Garlic Bread
bread
Goon
Garlic Bread
bread
Goon
Goon

Post Post #913 (ISO) » Fri Jun 09, 2023 8:38 am

Post by Garlic Bread »

the game would be easier if vp was scum bc he just got unpaired from 3 people this page
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #914 (ISO) » Fri Jun 09, 2023 8:42 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 907, Garlic Bread wrote:
the recency of my scum game being the last thing there is clouding the reads esp since the 2 here discussing that last game have *only* experienced my scumgame and never my towngame(well xof has seen my towngame from the PoV of a host twice, and I think that they would do well to remember that)
I modded you as town in among us.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #915 (ISO) » Fri Jun 09, 2023 8:43 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

Further i don't believe koba needs to go meta alisae.
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash

xofelf
Miss Mash

Miss Mash

Post Post #916 (ISO) » Fri Jun 09, 2023 8:45 am

Post by xofelf »

Would explain why it took only 3 minutes to "reassess".
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #917 (ISO) » Fri Jun 09, 2023 8:47 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 916, xofelf wrote: Would explain why it took only 3 minutes to "reassess".
This is true, but then why the conviction in the other direction for the entire 10 pages prior.
Garlic Bread
Garlic Bread
bread
Goon
Garlic Bread
bread
Goon
Goon

Post Post #918 (ISO) » Fri Jun 09, 2023 8:49 am

Post by Garlic Bread »

In post 915, Thestatusquo wrote: Further i don't believe koba needs to go meta alisae.
I did bc this game came off as neither scum ali or town ali solidly in my head, just solidly as *not scum* ali based on my memory of her powerwolfy games.

Scum Koba avoids metaing people like the plague because of aforementioned difficulty in pushing people with it so funny that you think it's automatically scum indicative.

And regardless, you have played mafia long enough that making assumptions like this must have led to poor conclusions often enough that i would hope you notice at some point and self reflect.
Garlic Bread
Garlic Bread
bread
Goon
Garlic Bread
bread
Goon
Goon

Post Post #919 (ISO) » Fri Jun 09, 2023 8:49 am

Post by Garlic Bread »

Town koba, famous for never 180ing reads
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash

xofelf
Miss Mash

Miss Mash

Post Post #920 (ISO) » Fri Jun 09, 2023 8:50 am

Post by xofelf »

In post 917, Thestatusquo wrote:
In post 916, xofelf wrote: Would explain why it took only 3 minutes to "reassess".
This is true, but then why the conviction in the other direction for the entire 10 pages prior.
Garlic Bread
Garlic Bread
bread
Goon
Garlic Bread
bread
Goon
Goon

Post Post #921 (ISO) » Fri Jun 09, 2023 8:51 am

Post by Garlic Bread »

Eh normally takes that long for fresh meta too
Went thru election and then a mini normal (that I reviewed and didn't follow lol) and just briefly looked for patterns of play
So there's that
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash

xofelf
Miss Mash

Miss Mash

Post Post #922 (ISO) » Fri Jun 09, 2023 8:52 am

Post by xofelf »

In post 918, Garlic Bread wrote: Scum Koba avoids metaing people like the plague because of aforementioned difficulty in pushing people with it
I suppose that's fair. But, doesn't mean you wouldn't have some sense of it to start your reads from in the first place. You just then don't mention it unless relevant.
Garlic Bread
Garlic Bread
bread
Goon
Garlic Bread
bread
Goon
Goon

Post Post #923 (ISO) » Fri Jun 09, 2023 8:52 am

Post by Garlic Bread »

What's funny is I did the same 180 on ali specifically in TM but Mena refused to share everything I was saying so I was stuck yelling it in team chat with PB lol
Garlic Bread
Garlic Bread
bread
Goon
Garlic Bread
bread
Goon
Goon

Post Post #924 (ISO) » Fri Jun 09, 2023 9:13 am

Post by Garlic Bread »

im like super results oriented as town bc i know i lack charisma and frankly I am probably just too autistic to care lolz and thats why i kinda like try to find my *one good shot* on day 1

i like to have a super holistic view and look at everyone at once if possible (although i did get lost in the sauce during the vp/shea debacle and didnt really want to get into that bc i thought it was just not going anywhere)

i have memory problems so if i misremember something i might push the wrong thing and then i reread and im like "lol u idiot that was wrong"

but ya i try to play open as town as much as possible bc i know a large aspect of my play gets scumread for being similar to my scumplay, the overlap is hard to look past for a lot of people so i have to work overtime to fix :')

here's a brief honest explaination of the way im treating the slots rn:

VP Baltar - I have no idea bc I at this point realize I push this guy always when he's town for some reason even when I try to learn better. I thought he was just shitpushing me/alisae this game but then look back to realize he wasn't. The only player they are reasonably paired with are like sheep and *maybe* hellbooks and even the sheep thing kinda a stretch here
hellbooks - i wish she would be more analysisy and stuff but the stuff I have gleamed is like "hmm good enough for now" kinda deal, just i kinda raise my eye whenever they do a shitposty spree of posts like "are you taunting us?" type way.
Alisae - ok this is where shea is correct, I was voting this like 70% for pressure but ik alisae wont read this before she sees the vote so I will hide it in this big wall bc ik shes the type to go "tldr". I need to sell the push but I also kinda hate being pushed so that part wins
Thestatusquo - they've shown like a pretty consistent logical process the whole game, even if i disagree with it a lot, esp since it managed to get me as scum and sheep as town. I also find especially the fact that he just witnessed a scumgame where I chose the path of powerwolfing as reasonable to assume that the play here could be that, annoyingly.
sheepsaysmeep - this guy i am aware knows how to talk in a way to convince people surface level that they're town enough just to not kill them and it infuriates me because i see right through it and want them dead so badly. he has very arbitrary takes that are pretty obviously just determined based on convenience and multiple people *have* caught him on it.
tris - her treatment of me is the most towny thing that stood out to me, as I saw the line of posting that her reads were based on. also just overall the gamestate feels as thought it makes her town - specifically i think like she doesn't fit on scumteams. i fully admit i could be pocketed but im not figuring that out now nor do I think I can push her to make the content that would make me find the 100% accurate read that I feel I have on Shea
xofelf - just scummed vs him, and the trends are the same, the paranoia and link to my scumgame are reasonable takes from a town, although as I did correctly guess while scumming its a style that i find hard to locktown. i will just assume he cannot endgame as scum.
Skygazer - when they post good, its like Good in a way im like "yeah this person is so fuckin town yeah" and then i see them make some weird posts and im like "omg wtf is this person just howling and struggling or what" so like i have no idea but we ball and I trust that the town parts cannot be invalidated here

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”