Asri Teroka
Goon
Asri Teroka
Goon
Goon

Post Post #500 (ISO) » Mon Jun 12, 2023 9:57 am

Post by Asri Teroka »

In post 494, Ausuka wrote:
In post 480, Asri Teroka wrote: Saying if Erynis is scum no one would be pushing it. As happy pointed out that wagon is dead.
I wouldn't really say we've had wagons in this game since the whole Cook situation

I think it's fair to say that most people don't like HPE's posts, and I probably wouldn't be townreading it if not for the meta thing because there isn't a whole lot there. The main point of my read is how different it feels to the very recent scumgame HPE played in a way that isn't very likely to benefit it - HPE scum would make sense if HPE wasn't very good at scum, but that's not true, so either it's just having a really bad game for an extended period of time, it 9000iq'd that someone would bring this up or it's town
Fair explanation. It is a meta thing so this one will push it no further. This one's divergent philosophy is that if someone is scummy you push them regardless of experience level or past experiences. Every game is situational.
Asri Teroka
Asri Teroka
Goon
Asri Teroka
Goon
Goon

Post Post #501 (ISO) » Mon Jun 12, 2023 9:59 am

Post by Asri Teroka »

In post 499, Black wrote:
In post 498, Ausuka wrote: Hmm I think that is like an extremely uncharitable read of those posts but I'm not sure if asking more about it is going to be useful
Uncharitable? It's just a vibe I'm getting based on not trusting you. I feel like I'm being pretty reasonable here by considering it might just be a me thing
In post 498, Ausuka wrote: Unless I missed it I'd still like an answer to my previous question about why you liked the cook wagon but also thought there was scum on it
I like early wagons, I think they can give us decent info. Thinking there's scum on the Cook wagon boils down to statistics mixed with how I think scum would like to approach an early game wagon
This one also feels you were being reasonable for the record.
Asri Teroka
Asri Teroka
Goon
Asri Teroka
Goon
Goon

Post Post #502 (ISO) » Mon Jun 12, 2023 10:00 am

Post by Asri Teroka »

In post 497, Black wrote: Why are people scumreading HPE? I'm not seeing it
This one is not feeling a town interest from them or seeing a town drive.
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Community Contributor

Ausuka
she/her
Community Contributor

Community Contributor

Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #503 (ISO) » Mon Jun 12, 2023 10:03 am

Post by Ausuka »

In post 499, Black wrote:
In post 498, Ausuka wrote: Hmm I think that is like an extremely uncharitable read of those posts but I'm not sure if asking more about it is going to be useful
Uncharitable? It's just a vibe I'm getting based on not trusting you. I feel like I'm being pretty reasonable here by considering it might just be a me thing
In post 498, Ausuka wrote: Unless I missed it I'd still like an answer to my previous question about why you liked the cook wagon but also thought there was scum on it
I like early wagons, I think they can give us decent info. Thinking there's scum on the Cook wagon boils down to statistics mixed with how I think scum would like to approach an early game wagon
I'm not accusing you of being a tunneler or whatever. I think taking two lines of me saying I didn't think cook's read on me made sense and saying that makes up me spending a lot of time defending myself and that gives you vibes I have a guilty conscience is uncharitable, yes - it's possible that's my biased perspective etc etc

I think the wagon explanation thing is fairly believable - the thing about scum approaching wagons in a certain way is something I don't believe myself but I know people do
Reach for my hand, I'll soar away into the dawn
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess

Black
she/her
Twilight Princess

Twilight Princess

Post Post #504 (ISO) » Mon Jun 12, 2023 10:16 am

Post by Black »

It's not just two lines though. I mean, even here it feels like you're indirectly defending yourself by shooting down my belief that there's probably scum on the Cook wagon. Your focus on my belief that there may be scum on the wagon feels more like you're concerned about your optics as opposed to you trying to solve me. And you just seem a little uneasy that I'm getting weird vibes from your slot. Maybe I'm reading too much into it but I want to be honest about how I'm feeling
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Community Contributor

Ausuka
she/her
Community Contributor

Community Contributor

Post Post #505 (ISO) » Mon Jun 12, 2023 10:23 am

Post by Ausuka »

I mean, it was two lines. And I am uneasy about you. I've been uneasy about you for a pretty long time, and I'm uneasy about this read.

There were five people on the wagon, and you said I was town earlier, so I find it a bit strange that you're saying that me asking about that is some sort of extended self-defense method. I didn't like how your focus on finding said scum was seemingly absent, and the decision there was one seemed arbitrary to me at the time. I mean, you were *voting* Invisibility, but you seemed thoroughly uninterested in pushing him or talking about your read there at all. I know you were v/la for a while and that's fine, but honestly at the time you said a lot more about wagon theory than your only scumread.
Asri Teroka
Asri Teroka
Goon
Asri Teroka
Goon
Goon

Post Post #506 (ISO) » Mon Jun 12, 2023 10:26 am

Post by Asri Teroka »

In post 264, Black wrote:
"Charismatic personalities? Scum have those as well"

Are you trying to hint that you think there's scum on the Cook wagon? Because I agree. Who do you think it might be?
Ausuka why do you think Black asked me this question?
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Jack of All Trades
fireisredsir
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #507 (ISO) » Mon Jun 12, 2023 10:28 am

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 468, T3 wrote:
In post 447, Ausuka wrote: I can confirm I wasn't taking the mason claim seriously. Tbh I thought it was just NAI and I'd like to move on from it.

On the subject of pocketing, does anyone think the cook "I want ausuka to be town for better scumhunting" thing sounds like pocketing with the context we don't know each other

Ideally I'd start pushing someone other than cook as well but I don't think there's an obvious target for that. I'd like to hear KKFC comment more on people who are not happy; my read on happy is that he is like majorly limbaity.
That does stick out as weird to me. Another thing about Cook I found weird was that the pressure is more or less off Cook, and yet Cook is behaving similarly to how she was before when there was a wagon on her. If Cook is town that reacts badly to pressure, when there is no pressure on her then she should return to normal, no? It seems to me that Cook is scum that is uncomfortable with being wagoned again, so she is treading carefully.
i actually kinda like this post a lot

it's a pretty good point but also i just like the thought process
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Community Contributor

Ausuka
she/her
Community Contributor

Community Contributor

Post Post #508 (ISO) » Mon Jun 12, 2023 10:29 am

Post by Ausuka »

I mean from a certain point of view you could say that Black was indirectly defending herself by directing attention to the wagon

I mean seriously, it depends on her alignment? If she's town she probably saw you say something she thought might be useful and wanted you to come out and explain it. If she's scum she probably thought it was something town her might do and/or could help her push someone on the wagon. I'm not really taking that question as scum-indicative for black
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Jack of All Trades
fireisredsir
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #509 (ISO) » Mon Jun 12, 2023 10:33 am

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 478, Black wrote: I'm liking Ausuka's posts a little less than I was this weekend. I'm not sure what it is...I think it's the tone? For whatever reason I can't help but read her posts like they're coming from a guilty conscience

It's not like she's doing anything all that scummy. I think she defends herself a lot and seems concerned with people scum reading her, but I can't really scumread that because I do that a lot as town

I think scum are likely to approach this game in the way Ausuka has. Decent activity, obvious signs of solving, etc

I'm ok leaving this slot around for later because I think I still townread her, but I'm wary here
i don't think ausuka has been very defensive this game and i also don't think that's a scumtell for her at all

i actually kinda felt the opposite, like she felt a little... im not sure how to describe it. like there's a slight wall up, or like she's viewing things from above rather than diving in. this isn't saying anything about her quantity of content but more just the manner in which she's engaging

i think it's believable that this could be coming from other places than alignment so im not reading too much into it yet but i don't townread her in the way that i have in other games ive played with town her, where it felt really easy for me to see the thought and the process and the town energy behind the posts

so idk also wary i guess, but for different reasons
Asri Teroka
Asri Teroka
Goon
Asri Teroka
Goon
Goon

Post Post #510 (ISO) » Mon Jun 12, 2023 10:34 am

Post by Asri Teroka »

This one is going to put Ausuka and fireisredsir as hard towns.
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Jack of All Trades
fireisredsir
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #511 (ISO) » Mon Jun 12, 2023 10:39 am

Post by fireisredsir »

seems a little early for that
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Jack of All Trades
fireisredsir
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #512 (ISO) » Mon Jun 12, 2023 10:45 am

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 497, Black wrote: Why are people scumreading HPE? I'm not seeing it
ill be back in 30 mins or so and i can explain then, it takes some gathering of quotes

short of it is that i don't believe its reaction to the cook wagon was genuine tho
HighPrincessErinys
HighPrincessErinys
it/its, not they
Mafia Scum

HighPrincessErinys
it/its, not they
Mafia Scum

Mafia Scum

Pronoun: it/its, not they

Post Post #513 (ISO) » Mon Jun 12, 2023 10:54 am

Post by HighPrincessErinys »

unrelated but this one. thinks its solved the asri mystery after it saw they were indeed speaking like this one in prior games. huhn.
not a person, just a doll~
this one refers to itself in the third person
Get To Know A Doll
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Community Contributor

Ausuka
she/her
Community Contributor

Community Contributor

Post Post #514 (ISO) » Mon Jun 12, 2023 11:02 am

Post by Ausuka »

In post 509, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 478, Black wrote: I'm liking Ausuka's posts a little less than I was this weekend. I'm not sure what it is...I think it's the tone? For whatever reason I can't help but read her posts like they're coming from a guilty conscience

It's not like she's doing anything all that scummy. I think she defends herself a lot and seems concerned with people scum reading her, but I can't really scumread that because I do that a lot as town

I think scum are likely to approach this game in the way Ausuka has. Decent activity, obvious signs of solving, etc

I'm ok leaving this slot around for later because I think I still townread her, but I'm wary here
i don't think ausuka has been very defensive this game and i also don't think that's a scumtell for her at all

i actually kinda felt the opposite, like she felt a little... im not sure how to describe it. like there's a slight wall up, or like she's viewing things from above rather than diving in. this isn't saying anything about her quantity of content but more just the manner in which she's engaging

i think it's believable that this could be coming from other places than alignment so im not reading too much into it yet but i don't townread her in the way that i have in other games ive played with town her, where it felt really easy for me to see the thought and the process and the town energy behind the posts

so idk also wary i guess, but for different reasons
I mean I am trying to be less defensive, although I would probably be doing that as either alignment
Invisibility
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he or she

Post Post #515 (ISO) » Mon Jun 12, 2023 11:02 am

Post by Invisibility »

In post 513, HighPrincessErinys wrote: unrelated but this one. thinks its solved the asri mystery after it saw they were indeed speaking like this one in prior games. huhn.
why did you think they were copying you to begin with lol
Invisibility is actually AWESOME!
HighPrincessErinys
HighPrincessErinys
it/its, not they
Mafia Scum

HighPrincessErinys
it/its, not they
Mafia Scum

Mafia Scum

Post Post #516 (ISO) » Mon Jun 12, 2023 11:07 am

In post 515, Invisibility wrote:
In post 513, HighPrincessErinys wrote: unrelated but this one. thinks its solved the asri mystery after it saw they were indeed speaking like this one in prior games. huhn.
This one initially took a cursory glance at like one or two pages of their meta outside this game and they seemed to speak normally, but then it finally saw their Hollow Knight posts. It's a bit more complicated than that but this one is pretty sure it knows what's up atleast.
Get To Know A Doll
Invisibility
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he or she

Post Post #517 (ISO) » Mon Jun 12, 2023 11:14 am

Post by Invisibility »

lole yeah they just also talk like that
Invisibility is actually AWESOME!
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess

Black
she/her
Twilight Princess

Twilight Princess

Post Post #518 (ISO) » Mon Jun 12, 2023 11:26 am

Post by Black »

In post 507, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 468, T3 wrote:
In post 447, Ausuka wrote: I can confirm I wasn't taking the mason claim seriously. Tbh I thought it was just NAI and I'd like to move on from it.

On the subject of pocketing, does anyone think the cook "I want ausuka to be town for better scumhunting" thing sounds like pocketing with the context we don't know each other

Ideally I'd start pushing someone other than cook as well but I don't think there's an obvious target for that. I'd like to hear KKFC comment more on people who are not happy; my read on happy is that he is like majorly limbaity.
That does stick out as weird to me. Another thing about Cook I found weird was that the pressure is more or less off Cook, and yet Cook is behaving similarly to how she was before when there was a wagon on her. If Cook is town that reacts badly to pressure, when there is no pressure on her then she should return to normal, no? It seems to me that Cook is scum that is uncomfortable with being wagoned again, so she is treading carefully.
i actually kinda like this post a lot

it's a pretty good point but also i just like the thought process
I agree that this thought process feels good from T3. I'm not sure I agree with the point he's making though. I'm the type of town player that feels differently about the game when people think I'm scum. Even if the wagon on me falls apart I'm still uncomfortable and self-conscious about my actions
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Cook
Cook
She
Mafia Scum
Cook
She
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She

Post Post #519 (ISO) » Mon Jun 12, 2023 11:30 am

Post by Cook »

In post 516, HighPrincessErinys wrote:
In post 515, Invisibility wrote:
This one initially took a cursory glance at like one or two pages of their meta outside this game and they seemed to speak normally, but then it finally saw their Hollow Knight posts. It's a bit more complicated than that but this one is pretty sure it knows what's up atleast.
what is up, then?
Your friendly neighborhood chef and baker. LONG LIVE THE CHEFHAT REBELLION!
"If Mafia game not filling, you have not enough hostages" — Enchant //
"ya true if you don't play mafia you are probably winning" – Alisae

Inventor of 3d20 //
Successful Rebellion Leader//
Cook
Cook
She
Mafia Scum
Cook
She
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She

Post Post #520 (ISO) » Mon Jun 12, 2023 11:30 am

Post by Cook »

more to the point does it matter to the game
Your friendly neighborhood chef and baker. LONG LIVE THE CHEFHAT REBELLION!
"If Mafia game not filling, you have not enough hostages" — Enchant //
"ya true if you don't play mafia you are probably winning" – Alisae

Inventor of 3d20 //
Successful Rebellion Leader//
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Jack of All Trades
fireisredsir
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #521 (ISO) » Mon Jun 12, 2023 11:31 am

Post by fireisredsir »

ok so my issue with HPE came initially from the response to the cook wagon, and i wanted to see how it responded to a vote on itself when it was being so reactionary in a way that to me felt overexaggerated and performative

the response didn't really give me much, and i am not very familiar with the player aside from some loose reading of the team mafia game ausuka referenced, so i went to read some town games to get a feel for how it thinks

and in micro 1074 the way it approached the early game seemed really disconnected from the way it did here

Spoiler: from another game
In post 36, HighPrincessErinys wrote: VOTE: KittyTacky
Consider this RVS 2: The Squeakquel more than anything, but this one wants to say that after giving it a little thought, isn't it kind of... good?? To get a wagon going?? Pressuring a slot that we literally know nothing about is good, it thinks.
In post 46, HighPrincessErinys wrote:
In post 41, Kokichi Oma wrote:
In post 36, HighPrincessErinys wrote: VOTE: KittyTacky
Consider this RVS 2: The Squeakquel more than anything, but this one wants to say that after giving it a little thought, isn't it kind of... good?? To get a wagon going?? Pressuring a slot that we literally know nothing about is good, it thinks.
Why kitty though
idk something possessed me.
In post 54, HighPrincessErinys wrote:
In post 51, skitter30 wrote:
In post 38, Abnegation wrote: kawaii hasn't posted at all.
@kawaii - if you're reading this, your thoughts on the game so far would be appreciated.
I actually don't like this post
This one doesn't particularly see anything wrong with it at this point of the game when we're still trying to get activity going. If this was a midgame "hey this person isn't talking thats sus" it'd be a different story, but getting people engaged is good rn.
In post 53, skitter30 wrote: and highprincessemerys is pinging me the wrong way
And what makes you say that?
In post 81, HighPrincessErinys wrote:
In post 80, KittyTacky wrote: Leaving aside the fact that it's a random number generator and I did it as a joke, I think checking a moderate townread is good.
Yeah, we still have zilch info for like two and a half RL days in. Anything to advance gamestate is good.

On that note, this one would like to ask everyone who their current top town and scum reads are. Obviously when we're only like 80 posts in these won't be very solid reads, but it still wants to hear everyone's thoughts right now. For this one it's probably Abne and... this one doesn't really scumread anyone at this point esp since it doesn't personally feel/see anything with that one Abne post, but it'd like more posts from Arko and NK15.
In post 145, HighPrincessErinys wrote:
In post 144, Abnegation wrote:
In post 141, HighPrincessErinys wrote: Would vote Kowah now but this one is a bit sketched out by the possibility of a quickwagon since it'll be E-2 when right now it moreso wants info rather than an elimination.
e-2 doesn't really risk a quickhammer imo.
You're probably right. This one will think on a vote or not while it does some other stuff.
In post 146, HighPrincessErinys wrote: VOTE: Kowahbunga
In post 167, HighPrincessErinys wrote:
In post 166, Kowahbunga wrote:
In post 145, HighPrincessErinys wrote:
In post 144, Abnegation wrote:
In post 141, HighPrincessErinys wrote: Would vote Kowah now but this one is a bit sketched out by the possibility of a quickwagon since it'll be E-2 when right now it moreso wants info rather than an elimination.
e-2 doesn't really risk a quickhammer imo.
You're probably right. This one will think on a vote or not while it does some other stuff.
In post 146, HighPrincessErinys wrote: VOTE: Kowahbunga
This looks scummy to me because they wanted to act like they wanted to get on my wagon, but gave a reason why they weren't, then someone convinces them to put that vote down. So are they scumreading me or not? If they were, would they need to be convinced to vote me? Like I would probably understand a well thought out and good argument being presented to them and they have a moment of clarity and vote. But the literal reason provided is "don't worry about a quickhammer" "oh okay, vote" wtf?
You're somewhat disregarding the actual length of time between the post that says "hmm lemme think about it" and the vote, as well as the fact this one didn't have qualms about a vote on you in general, but rather qualms about you up and dying early as hell, even on a slow game like this. You're at E-1 now, so it thinks that's a somewhat reasonable fear, but at the very least an overzealous hammer by someone now would give something to look into during D2. That being said, it doesn't feel like risking said overzealous hammer in the first place before you even can claim. UNVOTE: Kowahbunga

there's initial voting and pressuring people for the sake of getting the game moving rather than for suspicion (and how wagoning people to get others engaged is a good thing), then there's some complaining about how nothing is happening and that the gamestate needs to be advanced

all of this feels like a pretty different mindset already, i would expect the person who makes these posts to understand the concept of a pressure wagon and not respond to one by saying "there is nothing pro town about this"

but then there's also an interesting little moment where HPE doesn't want to vote a player bc it would put them on E-2 too early. another player says "that isn't such a big deal", and then after some thinking, HPE concedes the point and places the vote

and again when unvoting later the explanation feels more like it understands the usefulness of pressuring people early in order to get the gamestate moving

now, there is a pretty big difference between these two situations, despite the position in terms of post number being pretty similar. in the previous game, the E-2 vote came after 4 irl days, and the game was moving pretty slow and stalling a bit. here it was only a few hours in, so i get how that would be different

there is also some of that similar hesitancy to vote people due to risk, but still, the reaction in this game seems disproportionate given how it acted in the other game, and that kinda makes me think that it was playing up and overexaggerating something that it knows it does care about as town. i just think it pushed it a little past the point where the mindset feels real to me
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #522 (ISO) » Mon Jun 12, 2023 11:34 am

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 423, Asri Teroka wrote:What planet you on where you say Asri believed it but Ausuka didn't?
I didn't say you believed it, I said you treated it like a serious claim.

It would be very weird (and concerning) to vote someone and demand a claim because they made a joke.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
HighPrincessErinys
HighPrincessErinys
it/its, not they
Mafia Scum

HighPrincessErinys
it/its, not they
Mafia Scum

Mafia Scum

Post Post #523 (ISO) » Mon Jun 12, 2023 11:48 am

In post 520, Cook wrote: more to the point does it matter to the game
Nope.
Get To Know A Doll
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess

Black
she/her
Twilight Princess

Twilight Princess

Post Post #524 (ISO) » Mon Jun 12, 2023 11:51 am

Post by Black »

In post 521, fireisredsir wrote: *snip*
I like this analysis a lot. I understand the perspective that scum!HPE might be trying to lean into things it cares about as town and I like your read on it maybe not being real

This obviously shows you are thinking about the game from a town perspective, which I guess isn't that hard for scum to do but you're putting it all on display here. Reasoning, doing extra research, taking all factors into consideration, re-assessing your original read...

I know this was originally about HPE but I'll be impressed if you're scum here tbh
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”