Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1125 (ISO) » Thu Jun 15, 2023 8:55 pm

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 1026, Hu Tao wrote: What basis for this read at all?
People tend not to forget their partners
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Invisibility
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he or she

Post Post #1126 (ISO) » Fri Jun 16, 2023 1:02 am

Post by Invisibility »

I think Cook is still most likely scum lol. I don't think she's done anything to demonstrate towniness. The ate was whatever
Invisibility is actually AWESOME!
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess

Black
she/her
Twilight Princess

Twilight Princess

Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1127 (ISO) » Fri Jun 16, 2023 2:56 am

Post by Black »

I think Something_Smart could be scum

I'm going to try to pinpoint why after I get out of bed
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess

Black
she/her
Twilight Princess

Twilight Princess

Post Post #1128 (ISO) » Fri Jun 16, 2023 5:39 am

Post by Black »

Ok sry, I got caught up spectating Survivormeet lol. Gimme a sec
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess

Black
she/her
Twilight Princess

Twilight Princess

Post Post #1129 (ISO) » Fri Jun 16, 2023 6:08 am

Post by Black »

So essentially, I feel like none of SS's posts have been very townie. I think everything he's done could easily come from lurky scum

His first two posts are him basically saying he's busy and needs to catch up. Fair

We then get a flurry of posts that I presume to be his catchup posts:

- this feels like content for the sake of content and I don't really get the sense that SS is actually trying to sort Cook here
- subtle defense of Cook here
- "I like this post". This post? where all fire does is vote for HPE
- I don't mind this really. SS elaborates on why he likes the HPE vote from fire. This is probably the towniest thing in the ISO but I think it's designed to look that way. There's a bit of fence-riding here regarding HPE ("he could be scummy but more than likely this is just his genuine belief")
- surface level comment on the amount of people that took IVD's mason claim seriously
- this gives me the same vibes as #381 above
, , and - stirring the pot more here regarding the mason claim. I think focusing on the mason claim thing is an easy way for SS to seem like he's providing content without actually providing anything

After this catchup, SS is gone for a couple of days and then posts where he's like "oops sorry"

- surface level read that I feel like scum like to throw out to seem like they're doing stuff
- same vibes here
- calls one of Happy's posts a "town post"...easy post for scum to make
, - going back to the mason claim thing
again
. The fixation on this just seems scummy and I don't think SS is trying to solve in any of these questions surrounding it
- I really don't like this post because SS is calling my Invisibility/IVD read "extremely easy and level 1 read to make" when like...that has been SS's entire ISO so far?
- pretty bland meta read on Ausuka here and honestly I think this is a terrible reason to townread her. She seems like a very good player and I think attributing one game where she played differently is really shallow and a lazy way to townread someone. I think this read more than likely comes from scum than town when considering the context of the rest of SS's iso
- tells fire he's tempted to sheep his TR of me?
- nothing burger of a comment

~~~

So yeah, I think SS has a decent chance of flipping red. I haven't townlocked anyone but there are a few players that I just don't think we should lim today. SS is one of the few I'm ok with yeeting. I still think Ausuka might be scum but her most recent post about where she stands on everyone in the game is pretty good. I don't think it's anything scum couldn't come up with but I'm willing to look elsewhere today at least

VOTE: Something_Smart
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Cook
Cook
She
Mafia Scum
Cook
She
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1130 (ISO) » Fri Jun 16, 2023 6:42 am

Post by Cook »

curious take
Your friendly neighborhood chef and baker. LONG LIVE THE CHEFHAT REBELLION!
"If Mafia game not filling, you have not enough hostages" — Enchant //
"ya true if you don't play mafia you are probably winning" – Alisae

Inventor of 3d20 //
Successful Rebellion Leader//
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess

Black
she/her
Twilight Princess

Twilight Princess

Post Post #1131 (ISO) » Fri Jun 16, 2023 6:47 am

Post by Black »

In post 1130, Cook wrote: curious take
That's it?
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Community Contributor

Ausuka
she/her
Community Contributor

Community Contributor

Post Post #1132 (ISO) » Fri Jun 16, 2023 6:49 am

Post by Ausuka »

curious take
Reach for my hand, I'll soar away into the dawn
Cook
Cook
She
Mafia Scum
Cook
She
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1133 (ISO) » Fri Jun 16, 2023 6:53 am

Post by Cook »

In post 1131, Black wrote:
That's it?
i mean i haven't been thinking about s_s much this game. been a little occupied defending my slot
Your friendly neighborhood chef and baker. LONG LIVE THE CHEFHAT REBELLION!
"If Mafia game not filling, you have not enough hostages" — Enchant //
"ya true if you don't play mafia you are probably winning" – Alisae

Inventor of 3d20 //
Successful Rebellion Leader//
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Community Contributor

Ausuka
she/her
Community Contributor

Community Contributor

Post Post #1134 (ISO) » Fri Jun 16, 2023 6:55 am

Post by Ausuka »

I think in broad strokes S_S's playstyle here is like... the same basically as every other game he plays

I think he hasn't rolled scum in a while but the last scumgame I saw was like, uh, one and a half years ago I think? And it seemed like he posted more than he usually does. Which might just mean he had more free time but I don't think lack of content and a bunch of one-liners is necessarily uncommon from SS, iirc he especially tends to be like this on day 1.

That being said there's no issue with looking into the specifics of his reads obviously

I might not be the best person to ask this cos it might sound like an ego thing but @SS, in the game I think you're referring to I had 775 posts and had to chain 4 miselims on my own in a game with two masons and a vig still alive. I think i was also pretty townread when you were around. Why is it exactly that you think I wouldn't be able to make sense as scum?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1135 (ISO) » Fri Jun 16, 2023 6:58 am

In post 1129, Black wrote: calls one of Happy's posts a "town post"...easy post for scum to make
why would scum make that post?
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess

Black
she/her
Twilight Princess

Twilight Princess

Post Post #1136 (ISO) » Fri Jun 16, 2023 7:00 am

Post by Black »

In post 1134, Ausuka wrote: I think in broad strokes S_S's playstyle here is like... the same basically as every other game he plays

I think he hasn't rolled scum in a while but the last scumgame I saw was like, uh, one and a half years ago I think? And it seemed like he posted more than he usually does. Which might just mean he had more free time but I don't think lack of content and a bunch of one-liners is necessarily uncommon from SS, iirc he especially tends to be like this on day 1.

That being said there's no issue with looking into the specifics of his reads obviously

I might not be the best person to ask this cos it might sound like an ego thing but @SS, in the game I think you're referring to I had 775 posts and had to chain 4 miselims on my own in a game with two masons and a vig still alive. I think i was also pretty townread when you were around. Why is it exactly that you think I wouldn't be able to make sense as scum?
Just curious, how much weight do you put into meta arguments? I've noticed you've brought up meta quite a bit this game
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1137 (ISO) » Fri Jun 16, 2023 7:01 am

In post 1134, Ausuka wrote: I might not be the best person to ask this cos it might sound like an ego thing but @SS, in the game I think you're referring to I had 775 posts and had to chain 4 miselims on my own in a game with two masons and a vig still alive. I think i was also pretty townread when you were around. Why is it exactly that you think I wouldn't be able to make sense as scum?
Anyone can make sense as scum. Not making sense is a lot harder, and that's why you did well in that game. If someone appears competent and logical, and then they chain 4 mislims, that's gonna raise some eyebrows. My understanding of how you played that game (admittedly limited because I died early) is that you deliberately made yourself look like you weren't playing a good game, so people wouldn't sus you for having bad reads.

And I don't think you're doing that here.
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess

Black
she/her
Twilight Princess

Twilight Princess

Post Post #1138 (ISO) » Fri Jun 16, 2023 7:01 am

Post by Black »

In post 1135, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 1129, Black wrote: calls one of Happy's posts a "town post"...easy post for scum to make
why would scum make that post?
Town cred
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Jack of All Trades
fireisredsir
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1139 (ISO) » Fri Jun 16, 2023 7:02 am

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 1133, Cook wrote:
In post 1131, Black wrote:
That's it?
i mean i haven't been thinking about s_s much this game. been a little occupied defending my slot
when have you been occupied defending yourself in the time since SS started posting?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1140 (ISO) » Fri Jun 16, 2023 7:04 am

I think the first person to go "hey wait a minute S_S is obvscum lol" is usually town (and it happens at some point in like 80% of games I play in, although this one's earlier than most) which matches with the intuition I had that Black was actually town despite me not liking her posts (there is surely a stylistic clash going on here that makes it hard to be objective).

I'm just curious what exactly you think my plan is if I'm scum here, Black.
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess

Black
she/her
Twilight Princess

Twilight Princess

Post Post #1141 (ISO) » Fri Jun 16, 2023 7:06 am

Post by Black »

In post 1140, Something_Smart wrote: I think the first person to go "hey wait a minute S_S is obvscum lol" is usually town (and it happens at some point in like 80% of games I play in, although this one's earlier than most) which matches with the intuition I had that Black was actually town despite me not liking her posts (there is surely a stylistic clash going on here that makes it hard to be objective).

I'm just curious what exactly you think my plan is if I'm scum here, Black.
I definitely don't think you're obvscum, not sure where you got that idea from my post! I just think you fit the bill for how I would expect the lurky scum to play here

If you're scum then your plan would be to coast through D1 giving shallow reads for towncred. While simultaneously instigating things and pushing them along
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Community Contributor

Ausuka
she/her
Community Contributor

Community Contributor

Post Post #1142 (ISO) » Fri Jun 16, 2023 7:07 am

Post by Ausuka »

In post 1137, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 1134, Ausuka wrote: I might not be the best person to ask this cos it might sound like an ego thing but @SS, in the game I think you're referring to I had 775 posts and had to chain 4 miselims on my own in a game with two masons and a vig still alive. I think i was also pretty townread when you were around. Why is it exactly that you think I wouldn't be able to make sense as scum?
Anyone can make sense as scum. Not making sense is a lot harder, and that's why you did well in that game. If someone appears competent and logical, and then they chain 4 mislims, that's gonna raise some eyebrows. My understanding of how you played that game (admittedly limited because I died early) is that you deliberately made yourself look like you weren't playing a good game, so people wouldn't sus you for having bad reads.

And I don't think you're doing that here.
I wouldn't have described my play that game this way but I guess I can believe you believe it given you were around specifically towards the end of d2 and this kind of implies you didn't read the rest of the game?
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess

Black
she/her
Twilight Princess

Twilight Princess

Post Post #1143 (ISO) » Fri Jun 16, 2023 7:07 am

Post by Black »

Why don't you like my posts?
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1144 (ISO) » Fri Jun 16, 2023 7:08 am

In post 1138, Black wrote:Town cred
If you think a post is not towny but can be made for towncred, it must mean that (a) a majority of people would read that behavior as towny, and (b) that behavior is not actually towny.

What exactly is the behavior that satisfies (a) there? I generally see people getting disproportionately scumread for asinine hypothetical questions, not the other way around.
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Community Contributor

Ausuka
she/her
Community Contributor

Community Contributor

Post Post #1145 (ISO) » Fri Jun 16, 2023 7:11 am

Post by Ausuka »

In post 1136, Black wrote:
In post 1134, Ausuka wrote: I think in broad strokes S_S's playstyle here is like... the same basically as every other game he plays

Just curious, how much weight do you put into meta arguments? I've noticed you've brought up meta quite a bit this game
Generally quite a lot? It's far from infallible and obviously people can and do emulate their 'town meta' but I find looking into the context of how people have played past games can be very helpful, especially in the context of finding out what *isn't* alignment indicative
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1146 (ISO) » Fri Jun 16, 2023 7:12 am

In post 1141, Black wrote: I definitely don't think you're obvscum, not sure where you got that idea from my post! I just think you fit the bill for how I would expect the lurky scum to play here
It's a bit of an exaggeration ofc, just trying to fit your play into the pattern of how I'm often treated in games. Usually it's a little later and a little more confident, so it's not a perfect fit, but it's the same vibe.
If you're scum then your plan would be to coast through D1 giving shallow reads for towncred. While simultaneously instigating things and pushing them along
I don't really see where I've been instigating, I try not to do that. I also don't really feel like shallow reads garner much towncred? Anyone can make up reads as scum, that isn't hard. The hard part is faking the authentic thought process behind them, which I haven't shown much of, but which I also evidently haven't really tried to fake.
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Jack of All Trades
fireisredsir
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1147 (ISO) » Fri Jun 16, 2023 7:14 am

Post by fireisredsir »

i don't really think it's that relevant to this game bc she has played scum since then in (what seemed to me, i didnt read the whole thing) a more proactive control-the-game fashion

but i think in the game SS is referring, from what i remember ausuka did do a good job of mostly letting town tear themselves apart and not getting in the way of that. it was a fairly passive style of play but that's what the game called for and it worked out
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1148 (ISO) » Fri Jun 16, 2023 7:17 am

In post 1143, Black wrote: Why don't you like my posts?
Idk playstyle differences I guess. I got some bad vibes on you while catching up, I can't remember what posts they were from tho.

It probably doesn't help that you were shitfighting a lot with Asri, but I don't think my impression was totally fair, which is part of why I was comfortable dropping it.
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Jack of All Trades
fireisredsir
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1149 (ISO) » Fri Jun 16, 2023 7:26 am

Post by fireisredsir »

basically @ss i think your impression is somewhat accurate from that game, but just bc she played that way in that game doesn't mean she can't play a different way as scum

i think the first game of breaking out of "this person doesn't have the scumrange for this" (speaking from my own experience lol) is the easiest but it's also not the best judge of what the player is capable of, bc every time after that there's a higher bar that takes more effort to clear

i think mini normal 2294 is a much better example of her as scum, she played v well and much more proactive and in control of the game from what i saw

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”