Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Tue Jun 20, 2023 11:21 am

Post by Umlaut »

Agreed with the consensus that is goodposting. I'm not as ready as some people to hang a townread on it, I think RR is probably capable of making that post as scum, but... it's good. I'll leave it at that.

Viz, I guess I must be a moon man because you're making perfect sense to me with /.
“There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say, ‘There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say there are two kinds of people in this world,
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
say. Well, then there’s me.” — J.R. “Bob” Dobbs
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Tue Jun 20, 2023 11:23 am

Post by Umlaut »

UNVOTE: Drew

I need to go read the case on Bingle because right now I don't really get it.
“There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say, ‘There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say there are two kinds of people in this world,
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Invisibility
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he or she

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Tue Jun 20, 2023 11:26 am

Post by Invisibility »

In post 400, Umlaut wrote: Viz, I guess I must be a moon man because you're making perfect sense to me with /.
I guess I'll have to reread tomorrow to understand my own logic or something lol
Invisibility is actually AWESOME!
Cook
Cook
She
Mafia Scum
Cook
She
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Tue Jun 20, 2023 11:51 am

Post by Cook »

gonna try to catch up
Your friendly neighborhood chef and baker. LONG LIVE THE CHEFHAT REBELLION!
"If Mafia game not filling, you have not enough hostages" — Enchant //
"ya true if you don't play mafia you are probably winning" – Alisae

Inventor of 3d20 //
Successful Rebellion Leader//
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest
Pronoun: any

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Tue Jun 20, 2023 11:56 am

Post by Skygazer »

hmm i will post some content tomorrow
Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Tue Jun 20, 2023 11:57 am

Post by Radical Rat »

See, what I find most interesting with this is that Drew specifically attached to your post as being a signal, which out of all the posts I think could have maybe looked like signals (I won't be pointing them out so as not to influence possible scum perceptions; ask me after we get one pair down), yours is probably among the least likely, at least to my eyes.

To me, the reading is that Drew picked something he thought he could sell as being a signal rather than something he genuinely believed was.
Maybe the real Mafia was the friends we made along the way

Shiny and new GTKAS thread!
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Tue Jun 20, 2023 1:17 pm

Post by Firebringer »

In post 384, Merlyn wrote: What's the reason for the Bingle wagon again?
GEORgeBAILey
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Tue Jun 20, 2023 1:24 pm

Post by Umlaut »

VOTE: Ausuka

Looked through her iso and there is literally nothing to townread, go look at it yourself.
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Tue Jun 20, 2023 1:28 pm

Post by Bingle »

In post 388, The Bulge wrote: i should clarify; what im talking about isnt really mechtalk, its what typically takes mechtalk's place in a not-especially-mechanically-heavy setup, and thats very subjective theorycrafting discussed in a very objective sense about what to expect from each alignment in a given setup. its almost always distracting, annoying, self-indulgent at best and scum-motivated at worst. this kind of d1 discussion typically starts with scum in my experience and usually succeeds in distracting town discussions from real scumhunting.
Except I'm not theory crafting either. I'm saying Ausuak did X. I think scum wants to do X. Therefore I think Ausuka is >rand to be scum.

If you're legitimately saying you think that people who say that they think it is more likely for scum to point out things they think are scummy, then I don't really know what to tell you. Because that's dumb as shit.
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Tue Jun 20, 2023 1:57 pm

Post by Umlaut »

In post 408, Bingle wrote:If you're legitimately saying you think that people who say that they think it is more likely for scum to point out things they think are scummy
I have no idea how this is supposed to be parsed.
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Tue Jun 20, 2023 2:08 pm

Post by Bingle »

Bulge is arguing that it's scummy that I'm calling out Ausuka for doing a thing I find scummy. (In this case, making herself less likely to be shot.)
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Tue Jun 20, 2023 2:10 pm

Post by Bingle »

In post 388, The Bulge wrote: i should clarify; what im talking about isnt really mechtalk, its what typically takes mechtalk's place in a not-especially-mechanically-heavy setup, and thats very subjective theorycrafting discussed in a very objective sense about what to expect from each alignment in a given setup. its almost always distracting, annoying, self-indulgent at best and scum-motivated at worst. this kind of d1 discussion typically starts with scum in my experience and usually succeeds in distracting town discussions from real scumhunting.
@Umlaut: This, roughly, boils down to: Saying things are scummy.
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Tue Jun 20, 2023 2:11 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 405, Radical Rat wrote: See, what I find most interesting with this is that Drew specifically attached to your post as being a signal, which out of all the posts I think could have maybe looked like signals (I won't be pointing them out so as not to influence possible scum perceptions; ask me after we get one pair down), yours is probably among the least likely, at least to my eyes.

To me, the reading is that Drew picked something he thought he could sell as being a signal rather than something he genuinely believed was.
I don't get your angle here, you agree that they might be signalling....but you disagree on which post/posts have the signals, which is fair.....and that makes me scum?

Like I believe you were suspicious of Towel(correct me if I am wrong, but it seemed like you were ready to vote my slot before I did anything) so I can understand if the suspicions are still there when I rep in, but kinda feels like you are just reaching for a reason to keep scum reading me, starting to feel less genuine now to me.
'dREW DID IT BETTER' - T-Bone
'doctor drew our hero' - Shiki
'I love playing with him, he's got an amazing presence to him that just feels like the game is lacking something when he's not there' - JacksonVirgo
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Tue Jun 20, 2023 2:17 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 406, Firebringer wrote:
GEORgeBAILey
Ok maybe FB actually is scum.
'I love playing with him, he's got an amazing presence to him that just feels like the game is lacking something when he's not there' - JacksonVirgo
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Tue Jun 20, 2023 2:22 pm

Post by Merlyn »

In post 407, Umlaut wrote: VOTE: Ausuka

Looked through her iso and there is literally nothing to townread, go look at it yourself.
I do like the way she pushed towwl. I don't think it's literally nothing
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Tue Jun 20, 2023 2:27 pm

Post by Bingle »

"Pushed towwl" is a bit of a stretch, tbh.
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Tue Jun 20, 2023 2:31 pm

Post by Merlyn »

In post 65, Ausuka wrote: I know my posts are good but reading them four times seems a bit excessive
In post 71, Ausuka wrote: VOTE: towel

I am a big believer in omgus theory
In post 86, Ausuka wrote:
In post 75, Radical Rat wrote:
In post 71, Ausuka wrote: VOTE: towel

I am a big believer in omgus theory
How serious are you here?
I think the whole "i read it four times" thing is pretty performative, and also like 'the joke is actually posturing to seem reasonable' thing seems p stretchy
In post 88, Ausuka wrote:
In post 85, towwl wrote: she responds to somebody sheeping her as "playing with fire" when the title of this game characterizes the mafia as fire.

In post 90, Ausuka wrote: Hmm ok

VOTE: skygazer
I think this qualifies as a push.
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Tue Jun 20, 2023 2:43 pm

Post by Umlaut »

In post 411, Bingle wrote:
I... guess I can believe you'd get that out of it, but what I understand the Bulge to be talking about here is: engaging in arguments about whether some thing is/isn't a scumtell, as a way of avoiding more object-level arguments about which players are/aren't scum.
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Tue Jun 20, 2023 2:46 pm

Post by Umlaut »

Merlyn, granting arguendo that that qualifies as a push on towwl, what do you like about that push?
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Tue Jun 20, 2023 2:52 pm

Post by Bingle »

In post 417, Umlaut wrote:
In post 411, Bingle wrote:
I... guess I can believe you'd get that out of it, but what I understand the Bulge to be talking about here is: engaging in arguments about whether some thing is/isn't a scumtell, as a way of avoiding more object-level arguments about which players are/aren't scum.
But that is, again, not what I’m doing. I’m saying that ausuka did a scummy thing. When asked why the thing was scummy, I responded. If bulge is arguing that I’m trying to frame the thread around theory, that’s a misrep. If he’s arguing that pushing things you think are scummy is scummy that’s a stupid fucking argument. Ergo: the push is garbage.
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Tue Jun 20, 2023 2:55 pm

Post by Umlaut »

Yeah, I agree that's what you were doing, I wasn't saying it was a
good
point, I was saying it wasn't "Saying things are scummy is scummy".
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Tue Jun 20, 2023 4:07 pm

Post by Radical Rat »

In post 412, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 405, Radical Rat wrote: See, what I find most interesting with this is that Drew specifically attached to your post as being a signal, which out of all the posts I think could have maybe looked like signals (I won't be pointing them out so as not to influence possible scum perceptions; ask me after we get one pair down), yours is probably among the least likely, at least to my eyes.

I don't get your angle here, you agree that they might be signalling....but you disagree on which post/posts have the signals, which is fair.....and that makes me scum?

Like I believe you were suspicious of Towel(correct me if I am wrong, but it seemed like you were ready to vote my slot before I did anything) so I can understand if the suspicions are still there when I rep in, but kinda feels like you are just reaching for a reason to keep scum reading me, starting to feel less genuine now to me.
I am referring to posts from people who are not Invisibility. Essentially, I believe that if you're serious about calling out signaling, there are others with stronger cases you're ignoring, possibly because you find them believable. I'm choosing not to point those out yet, but I'll be happy to once one scum pair is dead.

Invisibility's post is not super likely to be a genuine signal, as I've outlined earlier, but her using the phrasing she did gave you an angle to push it as one.

I'll admit you're right about me having a bias from towwl's posting, but you haven't really done anything to make me doubt that read yet.
Maybe the real Mafia was the friends we made along the way

Shiny and new GTKAS thread!
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Tue Jun 20, 2023 4:58 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 421, Radical Rat wrote:
In post 412, Doctor Drew wrote:

I am referring to posts from people who are not Invisibility. Essentially, I believe that if you're serious about calling out signaling, there are others with stronger cases you're ignoring, possibly because you find them believable. I'm choosing not to point those out yet, but I'll be happy to once one scum pair is dead.

Invisibility's post is not super likely to be a genuine signal, as I've outlined earlier, but her using the phrasing she did gave you an angle to push it as one.

I'll admit you're right about me having a bias from towwl's posting, but you haven't really done anything to make me doubt that read yet.
I feel signalling is the big scum tell here on D1, I also feel Invis made what I believe is the most believable(and easy to explain away) signal that I saw. Sure, maybe I missed another or I am reading too much into this.....but just what I believe.

You saying you saw some signals, and not saying what you saw......and only revealing them after one scum pair is dead.......and your timing of your vote on me, and the fitting the argument to match the conclusion......is what makes me feel you are not genuine. You just feel you can get the mis elim on me and are fine with that.
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Tue Jun 20, 2023 5:58 pm

Post by Firebringer »

In post 413, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 406, Firebringer wrote:
GEORgeBAILey
Ok maybe FB actually is scum.
Do i actually have to make a case on bingle for u to see how he is scum here.

You should be more GeorgeBailey.
Show
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Tue Jun 20, 2023 6:13 pm

Post by Firebringer »

Let me describe to you the Bingle master scum game for all of those in attendance to be aware of.

1) Talk about a lot of mech.
2) Be extremely affable and sarcastic
3) Position your reads in ways easy to move around later

The first doesn't apply in this game because its open and bingle doesn't have a lot to talk about in mech. The second is something he would do as town too i just included that cause he does it a lot and enjoy reading it.

The third is the real one i am seeing here.

Here is my theory. Read this is the scumhunting that i don't believe is real bingle scumhuntin. Bingle already gave his opinion on what a scum player could or should do and announced in and

You see the trick in multiball scum is that scum can and will actually scumhunt. Except they are only hunting another team to look for scum. that is what i think is happening here with scum read on ausuka. I don't think Bingle believes ausuka scumread. I think he is following his own trail of thoughts in looking for someone could look scummy but isn't that scummy.

Also just screams to me scum mindset.

GeorgeBailey demands his head.
Show

Return to “Central Park [Open Games]”