Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Fri Jun 16, 2023 9:18 pm

Post by Alisae »

oh I have access to this.
In post 92, Skygazer wrote: i feel really bad for you ausuka but this sequence of posts was rlly funny bc i spent so long trying to decipher it just to scroll down and see the replace out
there is a legend to decipher it
i didn't feel like playing anymore once I saw the rep outs + enchant just vote me in tris slot like lmao I don't wanna deal with this
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Fri Jun 16, 2023 9:21 pm

Post by Alisae »

tbh the truth is as a game moderator tbh its hard to enforce toxicity and make people be nice to each other because not doing anything is just easier than finding a replacement, potentially mod spewing, and just in general taking an action that is just likely to make your game worse.

Idunno it's like ur between a rock and a hard place nothing u can really do.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Fri Jun 16, 2023 9:25 pm

Post by Alisae »

anyway truth is if people choose to go down that path there isn't rly anything u can do to make them not go down this path
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Sat Jun 17, 2023 6:39 pm

Post by Alisae »

In post 1884, Merlyn wrote: So GB is basically conf town- going down the 'does scum!GB have a role that defeats RBing' leads only to madness.
you are new to the site, so I cannot blame you for this.
But JK + 1-shot BP vs RB & goon is literally a 9p micro setup ran that used to be ran in newbie games when matrix6 was a thing
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Sat Jun 17, 2023 6:42 pm

Post by Alisae »

im not even arguing gb wolf cuz they're so obviously not

idunno I think its just shea but I wanna know who the last one actually is
sheepsaysmeep
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Sat Jun 17, 2023 6:45 pm

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

I thought it was u rip
sheepsaysmeep
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Sat Jun 17, 2023 6:45 pm

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

doubt shea

maybe tris-merlyn slot
tris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
Splatoon Tetris
Pronoun: she

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Sat Jun 17, 2023 6:48 pm

Post by tris »

it think its tris-merlyn slot for sure
here's what it says
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Community Contributor

Ausuka
she/her
Community Contributor

Community Contributor

Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Sat Jun 17, 2023 8:01 pm

Post by Ausuka »

Spoiler: alignment spoilers

Yeah if Ali's alignment is spoiled keeping it unspoiled feels pretty pointless so, it's shea

I felt like softing rolecop wasn't the best play for him there but GB seems to be buying it so shrug.

Fwiw I'm pretty sure the jk + BP Vs RB setup was like, noticeably scumsided even as a semi open and had significantly lower town winrate than the other matrix 6 setups like cop/jk Vs goons which I'd still consider to be the measuring stick for balancing a micro. The setup is just Jk + BP Vs rolecop
Reach for my hand, I'll soar away into the dawn
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Sat Jun 17, 2023 8:49 pm

Post by Alisae »

so I was right it was shea kekw suck it koba
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Tue Jun 20, 2023 4:49 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Shea singing OK and then whoever is recording the video absolutely BUTCHERING the song, thus making Shea very hard to hear. lol
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
xofelf
xofelf
they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)
Miss Mash

xofelf
they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)
Miss Mash

Miss Mash

Pronoun: they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Tue Jun 20, 2023 6:29 am

Post by xofelf »

P sure it's LLD who was recording while Shea sung given they had done Be Prepared earlier together.
Xalxe: this is xofelf sometimes we call each other names and other times we share emotions
MattyP: Ur an enigma tho when it comes to circadian rhythm and the traditions we hold dear when it comes to the sun and the moon
Get to reknow a xofelf here
Discord is faster than PMs or sitechat: xofelf#1697
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Tue Jun 20, 2023 6:35 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Haha, it's cute
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Wed Jun 21, 2023 3:22 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Enchant chaos agent
YOUR AD HERE

Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Survivor
Dunnstral
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Wed Jun 21, 2023 8:45 am

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 39, anahit wrote:
In post 35, Ausuka wrote: I didn't want the game to go like this. I guess I'm not really cut out for modding

nono, i do not think it is on you at all and i think all moderators would like for their games to not go like this

it often makes me feel like, like maybe i am not cut out for playing, ya know, especially when it is like this where i just didn’t read the game for a couple days and 15 pages or whatever and i pick it up today and it’s still
this
and if i were playing here what is there to do other than to ask to be replaced which really isn’t fair to the other players or the moderator

and i guess here it does as well like maybe i should just /out from all of the games in queue to avoid possibility of

which is actually why i ended up trying my hand at moderating in the first place despite having much much more of a predilection for design and counting votes than for the other aspects of moderating

but i also love this game so much and i know that it doesn’t have to be this way and i want you to be able to continue moderating if you enjoy it - your flavour here is fun and exciting and everything else aside i am still excited to learn more about the design and such

and but so then even though i have taken many breaks partly for related reasons and partly due to life, thus far i have always come back and i hope maybe just maybe players could be kind to eachother like doing so does not interfere with anyone’s ability to sort anyone else i promise
I'd like to queue for a game with you
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Jack of All Trades
fireisredsir
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Wed Jun 21, 2023 12:36 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

same

and i don't think its on you at all

some people just think it's more important to play the game in a way that they believe gives an incremental advantage to their win% and ignore that it makes everyone else miserable

and i can't really understand that mindset, even if you disregard the fact that miserable people probably have a pretty negative impact on win%

it's just unfortunately the nature of the game that it is possible for one player to have an outsized impact on the thread, and certain people will abuse that bc they like feeling important or whatever

i would def prefer to be in a community where that behavior is not rewarded or encouraged

postcap games do help limit it a bit, i find
anahit
anahit
ani db it she
Goon
anahit
ani db it she
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: ani db it she

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Wed Jun 21, 2023 3:22 pm

Post by anahit »

In post 139, Dunnstral wrote: I'd like to queue for a game with you

thankyou, that is very kind of you to say

in case you did not know, you and i have played together a handful of times (though somehow, oddly never as the same alignment - i was ulyana in slaughter hour, drusilla in silent star i, team rocket queen in silent star iii, hari in mystery box gnine, and shiki in gacha mafia) and you are one of the players i generally look forward to playing with

and if you did then i doubly appreciate you saying this because it is often difficult for me to tell if anyone enjoys playing with me and it is sometimes hard for me not to default to assuming most players either do not or are indifferent

i /outed from all of the games i was signed up for after thinking about it more earlier but if i am feeling up to playing when i return from visiting home (1-9 july), i will certainly prioritize any game you are signed up for when choosing a game

In post 140, fireisredsir wrote: same

and i don't think its on you at all

some people just think it's more important to play the game in a way that they believe gives an incremental advantage to their win% and ignore that it makes everyone else miserable

and i can't really understand that mindset, even if you disregard the fact that miserable people probably have a pretty negative impact on win%

it's just unfortunately the nature of the game that it is possible for one player to have an outsized impact on the thread, and certain people will abuse that bc they like feeling important or whatever

i would def prefer to be in a community where that behavior is not rewarded or encouraged

postcap games do help limit it a bit, i find

i think(?) that white flag game i replaced out of as giuseppina was the only game we have played together (unless of course you play on other accounts as well in which case i have never made the connection between them) but i would happily play with you as well

i guess to me it is like, the rules were knowingly and intentionally broken in this game,

so even beyond the fact that making other players miserable is unfun and anti-town there is that

and the out of game personal attack type of things makes the game completely unreadable/unplayable to me like it just stops feeling like a game altogether and i have very little interest in participating in something when i know someone is real world upset or going out of their way to intentionally upset others

but sometimes even conflict that is contained to game-related fields can be difficult to maneuver and i really do strongly believe that there are just better ways to approach other players that are more likely to result in beneficial outcomes and! less likely to ruin the game

i am generally okay with one player having an outsized impact on the thread, these days in low content games or games where i am afraid the scums may otherwise be in control of the game i sometimes take up that sort of position, though the purpose of doing so should generally always be to try to find ways to get all of the other slots more involved in the game and so forth, not to discourage them from playing altogether which is ?????????????? at best

i dunno, maybe that does fall under me 'feeling important or whatever', i don't really know, i certainly don't feel more competent than anyone else i just know i am town doing so (or that i would do so as town and being present as mafia is good, et cetera)
is there salvation for you when a game is finished?
anahit
anahit
ani db it she
Goon
anahit
ani db it she
Goon
Goon

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Wed Jun 21, 2023 3:34 pm

Post by anahit »

but, like i said earlier, i am far from perfect in all of these regards as well and all any of us can do is try to be better

and i think if more players prioritized kindness and the enjoyment of others the game would generally be better yea
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Jack of All Trades
fireisredsir
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Wed Jun 21, 2023 3:51 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

i don't think the way you play is unfun or anti town at all

i do think there is a significant difference in the kind of play im talking about which is taking over the thread for the purpose of forcing the game to revolve around the player doing so, compared to just being an active voice and a town leader, which is generally a positive thing

there is some inevitable conflict in the game, but i also find it difficult to navigate especially when it starts to feel personal, and i agree that cooperation is more successful and more enjoyable when possible

i am glad that most people on this site feel the same and prioritize kindness and enjoyment, although that just makes it extra unfortunate that one or two players who make active choices to play in a different manner have the power to change the face of a game completely, and there's not a lot that everyone else can do about it
anahit
anahit
ani db it she
Goon
anahit
ani db it she
Goon
Goon

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Wed Jun 21, 2023 4:55 pm

Post by anahit »

In post 143, fireisredsir wrote: i do think there is a significant difference in the kind of play im talking about which is taking over the thread for the purpose of forcing the game to revolve around the player doing so, compared to just being an active voice and a town leader, which is generally a positive thing

oh i think i misunderstood the 'because they like feeling important or whatever' part but now i think i get it

yeah i do not at all understand when players think of themselves as infallible and make the game like a 'with me or against me' situation like anyone who has played even just a handful of games knows they are wrong about things all of the time and pretending they are definitely right about this thing though and pushing someone as though they definitely are does not give the player being pushed room to show you that they are town and does little other than to try to force your preferred elimination at that time through instead of generating further information to try to better determine their alignment, which damages the game as a whole especially if you are wrong - and! even if you are not wrong, an approach that allows for that player to be town and to show others that they are town is still better because it is much harder for most mafias to do that than it is for most mafias to have a 'towny reaction' to being hardpushed in a downhill way, and! actual town reactions to this are often called scummy either for being overly defensive or for being dismissive of the push/disengaging and it's like, what else do you expect from town in that sort of situation? like what other options are there? all while it is also giving cover to all sorts of actual scummy behaviour

i guess i do not really know why players would do this as towm other than to be able to do so when they are a scums (which is, uh, not okay)
anahit
anahit
ani db it she
Goon
anahit
ani db it she
Goon
Goon

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Wed Jun 21, 2023 4:56 pm

Post by anahit »

i guess maybe that is only one example of a way in which players take over the thread for the purpose of forcing the game to revolve around the player doing so but yeah
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Thu Jun 22, 2023 3:09 am

Post by Alisae »

xddddd
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them